main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    You forgot: "She's Ming Na." ;)

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

She just seems like a really bland and flat character to me right now. I hope we don't have wait forever to get to know her better, because I do want to see this show do well, but the constant teasing of mysteries has been done to death in other shows.

Rox likes this.
  3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

It's fair, but we've set up only (as far as my last post counted) four major mysteries from a pilot setting up a comic-book universe where ostensibly the main character was dead to our knowledge prior to airing.

That's not that horrible. Also, typically, Whedon is generally good about having only season-long mysteries, then setting up new mysteries for the next season.

4. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

True, true. I guess my main complaint with the Peru episode was that it was trying really hard to be Whedon even though he didn't write the thing. I hope they hit their stride, because I do love comic book media.

5. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Anyone watching right now?

6. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    I haven't watched since the first one, hockey's on, my team plays almost every Tuesday so I guess thats it for this show lol. I have enough shows to catch up on etc.

Ramza likes this.
  7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Of course.

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Watching.

9. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm DVRing, I'm going in for a tattoo in about half an hour. But honestly I'd probably watch hockey still if I wasn't going out.

10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Fury had the Captain America trading cards destroyed.:(

Also really not being subtle with Coulson and the gun stuff, Joss.

11. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Finally I think the actors are getting into their groove.

12. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Much better.

Loved the comment about his trading cards!

The gun thing and muscle memory. If it's an LMD, then just get it over with. If not, then let's make that clear as well. I'm tired of watching Coulson bruise and bleed if it's an LMD. Also, I have a bit of an issue with the Director of SHIELD and his Deputy allowing a Life Model Decoy to run such a high value operation. Unless this was some type of demotion-which it sure doesn't seem like given the Level 7 clearance and the toys he's given.

So if it's not that, then can we please start seeing things that are not LMD related?

Now to the episode. Who else thought the effects were getting better (aside from the gravitonium gunk). The open with the tractor trailer being lifted was nice. Reminded me of Magneto.

Skye and Ward being SD and trainee moved a bit faster from the end of last episode than I expected. Also the truth serum thing is interesting. Also Ward: Your big moment was beating up your brother? Seriously? Get a new moment!

Fitz and Simmons seem to be integrating a bit better now. We learn their mentor is the one captured. Adds a nice bit of connection there and makes Coulson's choice at the end a bit more powerful. Also nice job Phil! You created the Marvel Universe's second super villain (I'll count Red Skull as first).

Nice to see they are done with May being out of field duty. I like that some of these issues are wrapping up quickly. But Coulson's needs to move on as well if LMD is the big reveal.

13. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    My question is when:

will Graviton will show up again, in a movie or the show again (villain for Inhumans?).

14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Yes. That was much better. Didn't feel as forced or formulaic.

15. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I'm trying to get into this show. Wanted to like it, but I'm rapidly losing interest. Couldn't even keep my attention on this week's episode. It's like Angel Lite, minus the cool characters that at least made Angel watchable (but not as good as Buffy was).

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    This episode did seem like it was trying to tie-up or, at the very least, redirect the show's initial setup from the first two episodes into a new direction. A course correction, perhaps?

-May not wanting to be in the field, resolved. (though her little reaction at the mention of that laser field suggests there's still the story to be told of why she quit the field in the first place).
    -The SO/Ward/Skye thing. Advanced quickly. Even the truth serum (probably the low point of the pilot) may have been walked back into a gag.
    -Skye's iffy allegiances, seemingly resolved (though not her ongoing connections).

Etc

As for the whole "second supervillain" suggestion above- one doesn't need powers to be a supervillain (unless one doesn't count Iron Man as a superhero, Iron Monger and Whiplash should count as supervillains). Even then, Abomination, The Mandarin (and the other Extremis enhanciles) all had powers. And one can't discount Loki as a supervillain if one doesn't discount Thor as a superhero.

17. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Well, that was significantly better than the first two episodes.

18. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Gravitonium? WT actual F. This is worse than that time Tony Stark created/discovered a new element.

19. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I think you got this wrong. His big moment was learning to protect his little brother. That is noble and helps make me like him a little bit when so far he's the least likeable character on the show for me

20. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    So I take it the hand at the end of this week's episode means Graviton? Wasn't Dr. Hall Graviton in the comics though?

21. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Correct. Presumably, that's Dr. Hall's hand.

22. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Did they seriously copy the element zero from Mass Effect?

Penguinator likes this.
  23. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

I probably did get it wrong. It was somewhat awkward the way he delivered it. Yes, that does make him a bit more likeable but I agree, he's definitely towards the bottom of my list at the moment. But there's potential.

s65horsey likes this.
  24. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    [​IMG]

...what? What?

25. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    You're forgetting about
    Iron Monger, Whiplash, the Abomination and Loki.

Why? They have to explain where these abilities come from.

They don't have to pay for product placement and Marvel doesn't have nearly as many fake products that DC does.