main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Huh, detail post I honestly skipped after realizing what it was. It was just too much to bother with if I wasn't having to deal with the fellas pronto. . .then I read they worked with Havah and reread it. Otherwise I would of skipped it completely. So pare it down, the weapons just give a 'modified so-so' details can be given in the game reference thread, basic appearance paired down as well, just a general description. History and biology can be in the support thread and revealed as needed in game as well.

*Sets down hachet*

Been there, done that Sith and now homeless after trekking out through winter snow end Sept in Canada upon leaving Hoth. Looking like I found a place to live, but settling will take a bit. Still a vagrant. Although it looks like Chandrilla may be my final destination. ;)

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Mitthy [:D]

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Good to get an update, Mitth.

Have you returned to your previous town, city, population centre?

4. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Hey Falcon! Sith!

I did return there but it was two hundred worse for wear in rent. So back to the lower 48 that might work out.

5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Mitth, hang in there! Prayers on the way! :) Anything I can do to help from Colorado? I know my couch living for the last few months at a buddy's house isn't much of an improvement over homelessness, but I will do what I can BAR (Brother from Another Rebel)!

Sith and Falcon, notes taken. Some of the edits won't be installed immediately, but will be by the final edit. Thank you for your feed back. :)

ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS AND STAFF

Hey all, a few issues have been brought to my attention in regards to the game. I am handling it over PM at the moment. But there will be changes to better enforce the rules of the game for Echoes in Eternity. In short, until I have a more detail approach, follow three simple rules (PM me if you wish for clarification):

• Force; your not stronger then Luke Skywalker in ANH. Its the rules of Intervention (see the Quick Reference's Force Chart) Either accept the rules or find a Jedi/Sith game to go Jacen Solo over everybody. But it won't happen in Intervention. End of discussion, the warning has been given and it will be enforced, boldly if necessary.
    • In Characters and restricted NPCs; if its not yours, don't touch it. Ask permission first of the owner of the work to touch their ICs, NPCs, starships, equipment, or insert yourself in some way in their character(s)' history. Its called respect.
    • Realism; if you want to play superhero, I'm sure there's a game in the RPF for that. Somewhere. But Intervention is not the place for "know all and do all" characters. Others game may be, but Intervention is not. Once again, this rule will be strictly enforced. Realism is what has given Intervention a good "brand name". And I won't sacrifice it. So respect that every character has a fail---or has multiple failures, which makes for even a better character---or find another game. Intervention hasn't survived over 4 years because we're all super heroes; we've survived this long because Winterkill couldn't trust himself to get past his own people's enslavement; Havah Jeth was tormented as a Squadron Leader and fell into drinking heavily and admits he's a better ground commando then a squadron leader any day of the week; Jason Lasso has never been perfect, often times displaying more failures as a Merc then what it would cost to keep him on, let alone the leader of the thing now and not able to quite trust his own leadership skills; Yavascout is allergic to the Red Rock and is, by his character's design, a fairly weak physically species, having to rely on restricted magic to win or survive in any environment or situation; Atin has doubts at his own father's morals and ethics and a coming confrontation of father against son is all but foreshadowed for those that have kept up on the family business. Taab struggles with the fact that his son doesn't have the ability to make the "tough" decisions and will side with someone, verses following the money, as Taab always has. Once again, the family business drama rises and keeps you reading. Out of all those listed, only Jason Lasso is a Force user and a very novice Force user at that, below what Luke Skywalker was in ANH. So, once again, realism keeps Intervention afloat and not "super powers" or hard to believe skill sets.
    For the most part, the above bullet points are generally being followed. But there's room for improvement, starting with me first and foremost. Please, follow the rules. If you don't want to follow the rules---or feel that a realism based game isn't for your Batman meets Yoda meets Iron Man character---then please find another game. This game has prided itself on having a very well skilled group of veteran RPers, around for the longest in time of all RPF games, and being (sometimes to a fault) a realism based game. Please respect the people before you in the game, with you in the game, and the ones that come after you in the game.

Thank You and God Bless,

Jason

6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    NOTICE

Okay all, remember these below posts are NOT In Character, rather Out of Character / Out of Game for review by players and staff for a fair, balance, and honest portrayal of Intervention playable characters for the introduction of the second game, Echoes in Eternity. These posts are to not be added upon to, edited, and / or otherwise altered or tagged henceforth to and any additions or other alterations to the posts are to only be done by Game Master Bravo. Any suggestions, concerns, reviews, and any other form of reply should be done in the Out of Game and / or Out of Character format to respect the purpose and intent of the Out of Game threads. No information from these posts may be used In Character in the current game of Intervention.

Did that sound legal enough to cover our bases for a OOG thread? ;) This notice will be posted above each post to respect the definition and function of the OOG threads.

Echoes in Eternity [Introduction] Draft One, Part One (Take Three); 10-07-2013

5 Months after the events of "Star Wars: Intervention," .5 ABY

Bridge, mercenary vessel Johnny Boy, a heavily modified Marauder-class Corvette, nearing Brosi---Corporate Sector Authority

The soft purr and gentle click, click of computer systems, with the occasional beep mixed in, filled the otherwise quiet bridge of the mercenary crewed Marauder-class Corvette. The sound of footsteps as crew members walked back and forth of the inside level voices of the bridge crew presented a gentle environment for the bridge. A bridge that, all too many times before, had been a place of intense emotions and decision in the midst of combat. But now, for this moment, it was peaceful.

The bridge was full of variety and skill; a blinded male Sullustan, named Nal Tubben, filled the role of the Johnny Boy's new Communications Officer. At the moment at the port side communications station, the Sullustan had ear phones on and was listening purposefully to any whisper of communication out in the dark void called space. A second communications station was before the Sullustan's in position to the bridge and was manned by a young human male, ranked as the Assistant Communications Officer, was roughly nineteen years old; his earphones were around his neck, his somewhat over grown brown hair falling over the head band as it lay against his neck, but not by much. His gray eyes were intent as he watched a series of lines and numbers randomly change on a console screen before him, his hand fast at work recording the data the lines and numbers presented when translated into Basic onto a data-pad. His name----or lack there of due to a shady past with the law---was only known as Tech. The skinny human preferred potato chips, soda-pop, and music when decoding and slicing into secured communications networks; he was chomping down now, in fact, on half depleted bag of potato chips already as he worked away.

Hanger / Traffic Control was furthest up by the forward bridge viewports on the port side of the bridge and was manned by a human female; the correctly named Hanger Control Officer was named April Windflyer, her bright red curly hear descended along her otherwise tall thin body frame to stop at just below her shoulders. Her blue eyes shown with interest as she switched between a holo book and keeping a eye on the holo vid feeds for the hanger bay, a pair of ear phones for communications around her neck. At the present moment, she was content with her bubble gum as well that she chewed on quietly.

ComScan was to starboard and like Hanger / Traffic Control, was furthest up to the forward bridge viewports. This station was operated by Dak, a black colored M-3PO military protocol droid, who also operated as the ship captain's personal assistant as well. The droid was quietly busy at his console station, comparing all the data from communications and sensors to identify any threats. The speed at which the droid worked was almost mind dazzling confusing to watch... [In progress]

Captain Jason Lasso sat back in the Captain's chair, looking out at the approaching world of Brosi, at this range a distance globe against the blackness of space. He regarded the planet from the database file floating in the hologram off to his right, looking at the blue, green, and brown globe hanging in the blackness of space, the blackness speckled by stars in the far distance. Jason kept tapping the right arm rest gently in a rhythmic fashion singing a song quietly to himself as the soft voices rang throughout the bridge as crew members talked about their particular duties on approach.
    MUSIC: Scarlet Town

Their destination was a shabby port of call town on planet that reminded the Corellian Captain of the Scarlet Town song. Their purpose was to exchange certain "business" opportunities in the shabby town. While hiding a Marauder-class Corvette on planet would be increasingly difficult---considering the Espo security presence around and on the planet---that wasn't the plan. Far from it.

Until then, however, his mind wandered to the events of the last few months. After everything had happened----since Watava and the whole start of a story that sounded more like a fairytale then real life---the Kingdom of Jod had simply disappeared. The coming events of a coming Shadow War between the Galactic Empire, Rebel Alliance, Beasts, and the Kingdom of Jod were, it seemed, just a bad dream. Maybe the whole thing with Watava and the Kingdom of Jod had all been a bad dream and it never happened. On the brink of destruction, their gallant Captain Rick Taller gone, the Mercs had tasted the bottom of the barrel, the very pits of hell and death. And then, suddenly, it was done. The Empire's Project Zero was gone, destroyed by a Force "virus" Darth Vader had seemingly moved on to other things, the Emperor still lived, and Hilick Soal....Imperial Security Bureau Investigator Hilick Soal and his infamous Royal Red Squadron had vanished. It was the ultimate anti-climatic moment for the Mercs. Even the Empire, for all intent and purposes, had leaved them alone. Various leaders and well-known members of the Mercs were still on holo-vids across the Galaxy, thanks to the Imperial Security Bureau, but even then the repeating holo vids were old and out of date and repeated the same old information---the flexiplast stationary in old cantinas across the galaxy were old and torn. It was as if the Mercs and the Kingdom of Jod had never existed.

There had never been a "happily ever after" to the Mercs' story. Maybe, Lasso thought, if they could have personally destroyed Project Zero and taken this "Shadow War" to the Empire, then for a group of rag-tag bloodied mercenaries, their could of been a happily ever after. But instead, after Port Haven and recovering the Johnny Boy from Actulize Station, everything just stopped in regards to the Jod's Prophecy and what their Ancient Strolls told them. Maybe, after all, Lasso's second in command, Yavscout, had been right. As the Surefall Paramedic had put it perfectly after the events of Port Haven and the Jod disappearing, "Maybe they were all just a bunch of religious fanatics after all and we were dumb enough to follow along with it for a time."

That statement from the Elf Commander had stuck in Lasso's head as the days turned into weeks and weeks into months and the Kingdom of Jod never reappeared. Eventually, things had to be repaired on the Johnny Boy, food had to be bought, fuel had to be purchased, and crew had to get paid. So the Mercs took the Johnny Boy and disappeared among the other less fortunate citizens of the galaxy, conducting shady and less then legal business to pay the bills. For the Mercs, as their founder Taller had lead the group by, the Mercs were driven by a consuming fire to destroy the Empire. But even then, when the dust had settled after Port Haven, the Mercs had done their very best to avoid the Empire and had succeeded thus far. Despite that avoidance of why they were in existance, Lasso had the desire to hit the Empire hard and where it hurt. The only question was timing.

If not the rest of the mercenary crew, Lasso was driven by a statement Taller had told him when he gave command of the Johnny Boy and Mercs over to Jason Lasso: "But, what I do want from you Jason, is for you to be able to stand by your convictions, even when the whole galaxy tells you not too. Because, at the end of the day, its not about the rest of the galaxy. Its about what you did with your life." Jason's convictions drove him beyond the normal limits of any normal man.

"Status?" Jason asked out-loud.

"In position, Cap," Andrew 'Guitar' Monk said more professionally then his rock-star life style would normally dedicate, "All systems are green."

"No sensor pings or patrols," the female Gossam Chief Petty Officer Wa Yay, the ranking non-commissioned officer on the Johnny Boy, said, turning around in her chair from the sensor station.

"Communications are clear. No tracking detected, no code words, and no military traffic," said Nal Tubben, their new male Sullustan communications officer; the alien was blind due to combat in the Galactic Civil War while serving the Rebel Alliance.

Lasso looked at his PAC20 visual wrist comlink, which had the time. Thirty minutes and nothing. It was time.

"Its time to go," Lasso said and looked across the command way to Yavscout; the Elf Surefall Paramedic was...playing a game, Dejarik to be precise, on a palm-sized device. "Commander?" Lasso said with reserved patience.

"One moment," the Elf said, "I've almost got in the top twenty."

"Commander," Lasso said with a bit of bite.

'Yav looked up, "I won."

"I'm so glad," Lasso said with a forced smile, looking across the bridge, "Miss Yay, the bridge is yours. Keep us out of sensor range and remain comm silence unless otherwise ordered."

Chief Petty Officer Wa Yay, the ranking non-commissioned officer on the Johnny Boy, turned around from her sensor station, a serious---as always---on the Gossam's face, "Aye-aye, Captain. Best of luck to you, sir."

Lasso got up, his coat flowing behind him as he grabbed his A280 blaster rifle from beside his chair. 'Yav was close behind him as they neared one of the two turbolifts, two white clothed and armored gray skinned (with blue stripes), shaved bald, physical fit and athletic bulky Near-Humans standing 6 foot, one inches tall each with blue eyes Near-Humans snapping to attention by the turbolifts. The aliens wore a modified white clothing and silver armored combat jumpsuit: the helmet and backpack had been removed. They had an assortment of weapons, from two short lightsaber and blaster resistance swords across their backs at an X with the hilts extending towards the ground around their waists to two dagger-like similar lightsaber and blaster resistance weapons across their torso armor at a similar X position, with the hilts once again facing towards the ground. They were further armed with a DL-17 blaster pistol on one thigh and a S-5 heavy blaster pistol (with attached grappling spike launcher) on the other hip, with a small boot knife in one of their boots and a throwing knife attacked to one of their arms across the shoulder. They furthermore carried deadly throwing stars in one of their pouches and had extra blaster clips, rations, water, and a hand-held comlink in other pouches They also equipped with a 6-2Aug2 hunting rifle across their backs. They were extremely well-fit and well-trained in hand-to-hand combat and several forms of martial arts. Their average life span was two hundred years old and they had a system of internal organs that could filter out almost any known toxin and or chemical; they could go days without eating, having a secondary "reserve" stomach of food to feed off of when they had to go days without food but maintain their physical conditioning for combat (to say the least, when they ate, they ate a lot).

They could see in the dark, but were blinded in harsh sunlight or extremely bright conditions, causing them to often times wear protective black goggles while on a world during the day time. They had a extremely good sense of hearing and could communication through side language, lip reading, and other various forms of non-verbal communication. Their bodies could also go two days or more without sleep and remain at peak condition. Finally, they had a good sense of smell and were great at tracking, scouting, and hunting. Who were they, the multiple blue stripes on their bodies and the ones on their faces in elaborate designs? Lasso didn't know and neither did the greater galaxy either, since no species came up to identify them with. The Mercs had rescued them in the Unknown Regions, a wrecked colony starship baring them inside of it. After defending off a group of pirates, the two dozen survivors came along with the Mercs. While some of them worked as mechanics or regular crew, the majority of them worked as the Johnny Boy's new loyal marine guard and "Go Team" commandos. They answered directly to Chief of Security Beskaryc Taab and worked alongside with Tactical Officer Havah Jeth. They hardly spoke and when they did, it was only when they needed to. In combat, they mostly communicated through hand-signals. Their was a driving intelligence and smartness behind their eyes; their mechanic work was top-notch and they preformed each task they did, whether regular crew duties or even cleaning, with perfection. There was also the presence of the Force deep within them, but they never exhibited any Force abilities outwardly. Somehow, their eyes reminded Lasso of "He".

"He" and the other part of this lost fairytale of the Kingdom Jod: He, the Jedi ninja from the Kingdom of Jod, part of the warrior elite cast for the Jod Church, was still here. And so was Jedi Master Alexander Zat. So this couldn't all be a bad dream. Which made the question, where are the Jod, the more frustrating.

As the turbolift doors closed, Lasso looked over at Yav.

"Again, 'Yav?"

The Elf shrugged, "I got bored."

"But its setting a bad example for the crew, to see you playing games during a serious mission."

"We've faced death so many times since the Jod, I figured if I was going to die, I minus die happy. So when I re-spawn, I'll have good memories of that terrible death event, to soften the memories of your deaths. I remember everything after re-spawning, the Imperial frigate Strident Haze excluded from that list because of the blasted Red Rock."

"I have a feeling you would move on just fine if we died," Lasso said.

"It would hurt. For a moment or two." the Elf smirked.

"Thanks. Being a immortal must be a blast."

"Being immortal isn't all what its cracked up to be. Dying and re-spawning is a Sith of a business. But in all seriousness, I thought the whole death-thing would have ended when the Jod disappeared after Port Haven. But nooooo, nope, nothing, zero. Maybe if we change our name from Mercs to Holy Followers of the Good Stuff, we may get better results from the universe regarding our fates and not facing death so much. I would like to be able to spend the credits I earn, not just earn them so my corpse can get raided for others to use my credits. Then I'll have to go through the long process of tracking those Hutt slime body robbers down to get my stuff back. It takes up a good amount of time I don't have to waste."

"Oh tell me why a immortal doesn't have time to waste?" Jason asked as the turbolift stopped on the third bottom level and the mercenaries stepped out, walking into the hanger bay where the shuttles were at.

"I have things to do. Like women who need rescuing," Yav replied.

"Rescuing into your bed, you mean?" Lasso asked, eying the Elf.

"There are legends to confirm that possibility," the Elf said.

"Legends?" Jason asked, rolling his eyes.

They entered the hanger, where the rest of the Mercs were gathered around their new Luck's Gamble, a ILH-KK Citadel-class civilian cruiser. The old Sentinel-class Landing Craft having met an unfortunate demise two months earlier...

Just an extremely small, uncompleted update, more just writing down thoughts to expand it more tomorrow. I was getting tired and when I looked at the clock, I knew why. Midnight here and work in a few hours. Thoughts, if any? I'm trying to expand the "feel" of the bridge give it a characteristic background for the opening scene.

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Suggested amendment: Maybe, after all, Lasso's second in command, Yavscout, had been right. As the Surefall Paramedic had put it perfectly after the events of Port Haven and the Jod disappearing, "They lost a destroyer, rescuing your arse. Maybe they figured the Prophesy wasn't worth the fething hassle."

Clear up the spelling. There are some on the boards that opine that spelling somehow gives the impression of whether the GM cares about their game or not.
    We've been around you, so we know the lengths you go to, but as you state, this write-up will be the introductory post, something you have not had to worry about for four years.

Eg. curly red hair.

Personally, I would use port and starboard to relate to things outside, such as object location, relative to the ship, or on the hull, not interior descriptions. Or put what the term means in brackets, the first time you use it.

8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    NOTICE

Okay all, remember these below posts are NOT In Character, rather Out of Character / Out of Game for review by players and staff for a fair, balance, and honest portrayal of Intervention playable characters for the introduction of the second game, Echoes in Eternity. These posts are to not be added upon to, edited, and / or otherwise altered or tagged henceforth to and any additions or other alterations to the posts are to only be done by Game Master Bravo. Any suggestions, concerns, reviews, and any other form of reply should be done in the Out of Game and / or Out of Character format to respect the purpose and intent of the Out of Game threads. No information from these posts may be used In Character in the current game of Intervention.

Did that sound legal enough to cover our bases for a OOG thread? ;) This notice will be posted above each post to respect the definition and function of the OOG threads.

Echoes in Eternity [Introduction] Draft One, Part One (Take Four); 10-08-2013

5 Months after the events of "Star Wars: Intervention," .5 ABY

Bridge, mercenary vessel Johnny Boy, a heavily modified Marauder-class Corvette, nearing Brosi---Corporate Sector Authority

The soft purr and gentle click, click of computer systems, with the occasional beep mixed in, filled the otherwise quiet bridge of the mercenary crewed Marauder-class Corvette named the Johnny Boy. The sound of footsteps as crew members walked back and forth with the inside level voices of the bridge crew presented a gentle environment for the bridge. A bridge that, all too many times before, had been a place of intense emotions and decision in the midst of combat. But now, for this moment, it was peaceful, although a faint sense of tension could be felt lingering in the recycled air. After all, they were waiting on the edge of the star system, clamped onto a passing by comet. It had been Lasso's idea; the young Corellian captain felt that the CSA had more then enough first hand knowledge of smugglers and pirates in this region of space, so an attempt at fooling them would be a waste of time. Instead, the mercenary Captain had discovered a passing comet that was due to pass by their solar system of choice's outskirts. So, a day's worth of free loading off of a comet had saved fuel and resources, something that the mercenary crew desperately needed at the moment.

Captain Jason Lasso sat back in the Captain's chair, looking out at the approaching world of Brosi, at this range a distance globe against the blackness of space. He regarded the planet from the database file floating in the hologram off to his right, looking at the blue, green, and brown globe hanging in the blackness of space, the blackness speckled by stars in the far distance. Jason kept tapping the right arm rest gently in a rhythmic fashion singing a song quietly to himself as the soft voices rang throughout the bridge as crew members talked about their particular duties on approach.

MUSIC: Scarlet Town

Their destination was a shabby port of call town on planet that reminded the Corellian Captain of the Scarlet Town song. Their purpose was to gather much needed supplies and avoid as much attention as possible. While hiding a Marauder-class Corvette on planet would be increasingly difficult---considering the Espo security presence around and on the planet---that wasn't the plan. Far from it.

Until then, however, his mind wandered to the events of the last few months. After everything had happened----since Watava and the whole start of a story that sounded more like a fairytale then real life---the Kingdom of Jod had simply disappeared. The coming events of a coming Shadow War between the Galactic Empire, Rebel Alliance, Beasts, and the Kingdom of Jod were, it seemed, just a bad dream. Maybe the whole thing with Watava and the Kingdom of Jod had all been a bad dream and it never happened. On the brink of destruction, their gallant Captain Rick Taller gone, the Mercs had tasted the bottom of the barrel, the very pits of hell and death. And then, suddenly, it was done. The Empire's Project Zero was gone, destroyed by a Force "virus," Darth Vader had seemingly moved on to other things, the Emperor still lived, and Hilick Soal....Imperial Security Bureau Investigator Hilick Soal and his infamous Royal Red Squadron had vanished. It was the ultimate anti-climatic moment for the Mercs. Even the Empire, for all intent and purposes, had left them alone. Various leaders and well-known members of the Mercs were still on holo-vids across the Galaxy, thanks to the Imperial Security Bureau, but even then the repeating holo vids were old and out of date and repeated the same old information---the flexiplast stationary in old cantinas across the galaxy were old and torn. It was as if the Mercs and the Kingdom of Jod had never existed.

There had never been a "happily ever after" to the Mercs' story. Maybe, Lasso thought, if they could have personally destroyed Project Zero and taken this "Shadow War" to the Empire, then for a group of rag-tag bloodied mercenaries, their could of been a happily ever after. But instead, after Port Haven and recovering the Johnny Boy from Actulize Station, everything just stopped in regards to the Jod's Prophecy and what their Ancient Strolls told them. Maybe, after all, Lasso's second in command, Yavscout, had been right. As the Surefall Paramedic had put it perfectly after the events of Port Haven and the Jod disappearing, "They lost a destroyer, rescuing your arse. Maybe they figured the Prophesy wasn't worth the fething hassle."

That statement from the Elf Commander had stuck in Lasso's head as the days turned into weeks and weeks into months and the Kingdom of Jod never reappeared. Eventually, things had to be repaired on the Johnny Boy, food had to be bought, fuel had to be purchased, and crew had to get paid. So the Mercs took the Johnny Boy and disappeared among the other less fortunate citizens of the galaxy, conducting shady and less then legal business to pay the bills. For the Mercs, as their founder Taller had lead the group by, the Mercs were driven by a consuming fire to destroy the Empire. But even then, when the dust had settled after Port Haven, the Mercs had done their very best to avoid the Empire and had succeeded thus far. Despite that avoidance of why they were in existance, Lasso had the desire to hit the Empire hard and where it hurt. The only question was timing.

If not the rest of the mercenary crew, Lasso was driven by a statement Taller had told him when he gave command of the Johnny Boy and Mercs over to Jason Lasso: "But, what I do want from you Jason, is for you to be able to stand by your convictions, even when the whole galaxy tells you not too. Because, at the end of the day, its not about the rest of the galaxy. Its about what you did with your life." Jason's convictions drove him beyond the normal limits of any normal man.

"Status?" Jason asked out-loud.

"In position, Cap," Andrew 'Guitar' Monk said more professionally then his rock-star life style would normally dedicate, "All systems are green."

"No sensor pings or patrols," the female Gossam Chief Petty Officer Wa Yay, the ranking non-commissioned officer on the Johnny Boy, said, turning around in her chair from the sensor station.

"Communications are clear. No tracking detected, no code words, and no military traffic," said Nal Tubben, their new male Sullustan communications officer; the alien was blind due to combat in the Galactic Civil War while serving the Rebel Alliance.

Lasso looked at his PAC20 visual wrist comlink, which had the time. Two hours and nothing. It was time.

"Its time to go," Lasso said and looked across the command way to Yavscout; the Elf Surefall Paramedic was...playing a game, Dejarik to be precise, on a palm-sized device. "Commander?" Lasso said with reserved patience.

"One moment," the Elf said, "I've almost got in the top twenty."

"Commander," Lasso said with a bit of bite.

'Yav looked up, "I won."

"I'm so glad," Lasso said with a forced smile, looking across the bridge, "Miss Yay, the bridge is yours. Keep us out of sensor range and remain comm silence unless otherwise ordered."

Chief Petty Officer Wa Yay, the ranking non-commissioned officer on the Johnny Boy, turned around from her sensor station, a serious look---as always---on the Gossam's face, "Aye-aye, Captain. Best of luck to you, sir."

Lasso got up, his coat flowing behind him. 'Yav was close behind him as they neared one of the two turbolifts. As the turbolift doors closed behind them, Lasso looked over at Yav.

"Again, 'Yav?"

The Elf shrugged, "I got bored."

"But its setting a bad example for the crew, to see you playing games during a serious mission."

"What happened to you? Have you been watching the Imperial Academy holovids again?"

Lasso smirked at that comment, "No, flexing my wings a bit in the command chair."

The turbolift stopped on the second level, opening its doors. The two commanding officers stepped out and walked towards the medical bay.

"Castell didn't do that for you?" Yav asked.

Lasso smirked, "I learned that trying to slip undetected onto a Imperial occupied factory world for supplies and blowing up a few things is akin to asking for a death sentence."

"Was that before or after we had half the Imperial Navy chasing us?" Yav asked sarcastically.

"Before, since your choice of words was rather colorful over the comlink," Jason answered with a lop-side smile.

"While you were playing pirate, I think I lost my body weight in sweat as we tried to high tale it out of there. So my colorful words were acceptable, considering the circumstances."

"We did make out like bandits with those Diamond Boron Missiles, Homing Torpedoes, Advanced Homing Cluster Missiles, and T-33 plasma torpedoes. Don't forget those handful of Intruder missiles too. That was a nice grab, those Intruder missiles."

"You tell that to the cleaning droids who cleaned my chair afterwards. I'm pretty sure they don't share your mission successful view. Speaking of that, we need to have a talk about the whole chain of command. Captains should really stay with the ship and the Commander go on ground missions."

"Haven't you watched the holo vids labeled Star Trek? Captains go all the time, with a bunch of red shirts who never return. The Captain saves the day and the Commander gets to play Captain for a day."

"Yea, we'll have to talk about the functionality of that," Yav said with sour taste, "I have the ability to re spawn if killed. You don't, sir."

"We could just take the whole command crew, leave the ensign on the bridge, and risk losing the main plot characters to the story yet, somehow, survive and become heroes. Take a few red shirts for canon fodder. Oh wait, we're doing that now."

"Your a sick man," Yav said, the two stepping into the medical bay.

"Doctor," Lasso said, looking overt at Chief Medical Russel Cook; the Johnny Boy's doctor was finishing packing an "away bag" and threw it over his shoulder, walking towards the command pair.

"Mr. Yavascout and Mr. Lasso, both of you have missed your pre-away mission medical checks."

"Note it in my record, Doctor," Lasso said, "I'll catch up next month."

"It doesn't work like that," Russel said, sighing, "Yavascout, your excuse?"

"Busy becoming the top ranked player on the Leader Boards for my game."

"At least you have an excuse, however sad," Russel said, eying Lasso, "Shall we?"

The trio continued to the aft turbolifts, "How bad is it Doctor?" Jason finally asked.

"You mean my inability to stop a simple nose bleed because I am out of everything?" Russel replied.

Jason cringed, "That bad? Well, after today's raid, you'll feel like a big city's general hospital on supplies."

"What do you mean raid? I thought we were going to buy supplies?"

"With what credits? Are you sure you want to be a mercenary, doctor?" Yav asked matter-of-factly.

"I'm not so sure now," Russel replied, "We're not stealing from the local hospital, are we?"

"View it more like a transfer of overstocked medical supplies from the CSA to the Mercs. Just not legally," Lasso replied as they entered the turbolift and took it downwards.

"I protest to this," Russel said.

"Noted," Lasso said, "You can stay here. I'll make sure I try my best to get the right band-aids for a galactic bio chemical attack from the Empire. A band-aid can heal that, right?"

Russel sighed, "I can't entrust you with my medical supplies, you don't know what a doctor needs."

"My point taken," Jason replied, looking across the doctor to Yav, "One last time, Commander?"

The Elf nodded, "Taab, Josch Decinchi, Havah Jeth, and myself take the fuel depot and energy cell reserves. Captain Fress Colias, Cain Varss, andJensen Visak fly top cover. Atin, Mary Formal, Havoc Neb, and Seira Trasks runs spotter for ground and air forces in the Crusader, running as a civilian freighter in the area picking up supplies from the factories for shipment deeper into the CSA; they act as a quick support unit if needed, if things go south. You, Totter, the Doctor, Winterkill, and Kilo Typhon run the hospital supply run in the new Luck's Gamble, including a food stuffs run too."

"Good," Lasso said, the turbolift ending its ride. The doors opened unto the hanger bay, where the rest of the Mercs were gathered around their new Luck's Gamble, a ILH-KK Citadel-class civilian cruiser. The old Sentinel-class Landing Craft having met an unfortunate demise two months earlier.

"We're thirty seconds behind schedule, Captain," Taab said matter-of-factly as he tossed Lasso his A280 blaster rifle and put his helmet on over his head, hiding his facial features. The Corellian mercenary captain caught the rifle with one hand and rested it against his shoulder facing upwards into the air and said to the gathered Mercs, "Let's be bad guys." [1]

Reference

[1] Quote from Firefly I believe.

Okay, thoughts? This is the extent of the opening scene for the Mercs; I plan on adding more for the Empire, etc. Did I miss anyone's In-Character(s)? Is it too long? Should I forgo the Imperial storyline intro and leave that for latter? Is the opening "catching" the audience in? Just some thoughts I've had.

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    That was actually quite a good read. Especially liked the "Let's be bad guys." at the end.

Though you could get away with not changing a thing now, Lasso might at least entertain the idea that the disappearance of the Jod could be to do with his hauling the Queen over the coals, that time.

Maybe the "mistake that the Mercs made" was believing that it was all over.

Ooh, double entendre alert: the Kingdom of Jod had simply disappeared.

As this is an intro post, intended to be read by new players, better make clear that the "Kingdom of Jod" does not refer to a territory pulling an Atlantis. The planets and the civilisation are still there, presumably; so maybe, all contact with the Kingdom of Jod, or their military support, had disappeared.

10. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    What Sith said :p

Although I do have one question: wouldn't an ILH-KK Citadel class ship be too large to fit inside the landing bay of the Johhny Boy? Or is my perspective based on the wiki page skewed for this class of vessel?

11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Its shorter then a Sentinel-class Landing Craft by two meters and we have a Sentinel now. So go figure. :p

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Mitth may be right. The Mother was the centrepiece of our hangar, surrounded by starfighters. And, we will already have a TIE fighter sitting in there, which if sitting on fins, won't be small.

Also, within Intervention, I think it would be a good idea to somehow convey to Stakes, that we have found Lasso.

Also, new players, I am pretty certain that the above GM ATTENTION TO PLAYERS, is not aimed at your characters. I certainly have been impressed with the way you have portrayed our newest Mercs.
    SWBob, Tyra, Kommando

Players at the DD, feel free to npc your own TIE encounters. There are 72 of the bastiches, so plenty to go around.

Star Wars: Rebels teaser trailer

Suh-weet! Interdictors (finally]), and Chiss!

13. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    I was wondering for my post tomorrow, where is the turret in relation to the rest of the DD. Close to the hanger, commad tower? I was wondering for if anything happens near the ship i want to know if i could see it or not.

14. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    My concern wasn't for the length of the craft so much Bravo, but for the height as it has fins vertical in the up and down position that do not look like they fold. Where a sentinel craft has only vertical wings upwards in a landing position.

15. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Seeing the sizes of some of those it makes me laugh that I was worried about there being enough room for the Crusader aboard the Johnny Boy. :p

[​IMG]

16. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    You know that the fan made video and not the official trailer right?

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Your source?

18. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Its in the description on YouTube

From the site:
    Published on Sep 3, 2013
    -Please Read-

NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED
    THE SONG IS BY JOHN WILLIAMS AND BELONGS TO DISNEY, AND LUCASFILM
    ALL FOOTAGE BELONGS to
    www.DAVESchool.com
    Disney XD logo is owned by Disney as well

I just added sound effects original video here please check it out :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAPDje...
    Thanks to http://www.youtube.com/user/StarWarsA... for the footage
    I was inspired to make this video because I met Matthew Wood and wanted to try some audio work myself :)
    • Category

Comedy
    • License

Standard YouTube License

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh.

Well, I guess that answers your question then. Still looked better than Clone Wars.

20. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Which one... The Clone Wars or Clone Wars?

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    The one by the Samurai Jack people. Though I wasn't exactly getting wet over the follow-up either.

Depressed at being outed as getting fooled by a fan video, I suddenly find myself cheered by the program I am watching, The Science of the Space Dive, to do with that Red Bull-sponsored jump from a helium balloon at the edge of space that so underwhelmed me at the time.

Felix Baumgarten(sp?) had some test flights, diving in his space suit from 15,000 feet.

Narrator: But disaster strikes. Felix has pulled the wrong cord, and released his parachute. Now he cannot find the cord for his reserve chute.

Me and Colonel Jack O'Neill of SG-1 would like to review that statement.

I-5: Whoa! You gave him a cord that he could pull in-flight that would release the ******* parachute?!

Jack: And this raised no red flags for anyone?

:D

SWBob

Your turret is on the top hull in front of the command tower. You can see the top halves of either the Neb-B or Star Destroyer as they are relatively distant, but when the TIEs arrive, which thay can in your next post, you won't see them if they are under, behind, or at the sides of the DD, until they fly up over the edges of the hull and into view.

Is that okay?

Like we seem to be ignoring the size of ships compared to the capacity of the Johnny Boy hangar, I am willing to suspend recognition of the scenery blocking presence of the four massive gravity projection domes four gunner posts.

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Accidental double post

23. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    Thats fine, I just wanted to know what my perspective on the battle was. Thanks for the info!

24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay, crap. 5 hours of research down the drain. stupid Firefox. [face_plain] Had everything typed up, then Firefox crashed. Yea, pissed off.

Okay, to say the least, the Sentinel and Lambda-class shuttles don't fit. The Crusader and Citadel does (assuming the wings of the Citadel can bend, which by artist design they appear to be able to). This includes armor comparisons of WW2 ships to Star Wars' Marauder-class Corvette, based off of Star Wars naval warfare assumed off of Early Modern History and WW2 history. Yea, pissed off because of Firefox, but everything works with .9 meters to spare out of 131 meters in width (hanger was 30 or 40 some meters in width, I can't remember exactly); no meters to spare height/depth wise of 22 meters, although we made it just fine, since the hanger is assumed to be 10 meters in height.

I will try to retype all of his in the detail I first had hopefully tomorrow morning. :)

25. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay, screw Firefox. I'm a geek, which means I overcome. So here we go, at 11:37pm at night with clothes in the washer. I'll retype up everything, hold onto your horses...