main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT C-3PO: War Criminal

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Beezer, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That particular model of protocol droid was in the EU clarified as having been marketed to the intelligent insectoid species of the SW galaxy.

darth ladnar likes this.
  2. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    Doesn't Luke and Vader have some responsibility in this? I mean, Luke is Threepio's current owner; yet, Vader/Ani was the one who created his programming. Obviously, Luke has to answer for the actions of his droid- but shouldn't Vader require some accountability for the behavior his creation has inhibited against Imperial law? How would that go down in an ad hoc Imperial military tribunal?

Dark Lady Mara, BigAl6ft6 and Sarge like this.
  3. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    That is an awesome idea and I'm sure Anthony Daniels would be all over it. JJ, I hope you are reading

CryGoneGin likes this.
  4. Bent Wookie

Bent Wookie Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2013
    interesting thought!

5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Summary execution is clearly warranted. Put him up against a wall and shoot him. Again. Thoroughly. No reassembly!

BigAl6ft6 and Mr. K like this.
  6. Mr. K

Oct 23, 1999
    Wait a minute, Luke gave the droids to Jabba. There was never a bill of lading or outgoing invoice restoring ownership back to Luke. Jabba is responsible for Threepio's actions! R2 has the holo-recording, perfectly acceptable evidence in any Imperial court of law.

Vthuil likes this.
  7. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Since Jabba was dead and he had no heir apparent to his possessions, everything Jabba owned became finder's keepers. Luke scavenged the droids from the remains of Jabba's possessions.

Sarge likes this.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Absolutely. They fell off a ship, so salvage rights clearly applies to this case.

9. Mr. K

Oct 23, 1999
    Luke has some answering to do then.

10. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    When does 3PO ever use the word 'surrender'...he doesn't?

He waves to the Imperials and yells "are you looking for me" and the Troopers turn and run upto him never once stopping to think it maybe a trap.

3PO is banking on the stupidity of the Storm Troopers to chase him and it works perfectly...I'll never be convinced that 3PO ever intended to surrender, he's a war hero not a war criminal.

11. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    No, he definitely did say he surrendered:

However, it is readily apparent that Threepio was not in on the Ewoks' ambush plans, so he is not liable for what occurred.

12. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    He only surrended when he was at gun point like any other unarmed person (droid) would do. He didn't say that he surrended to draw the Troopers to him so didn't commit any 'war crime' like he's been accused of.

13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Doesn't Artoo fill him in on the plan beforehand?

14. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Threepio has a tendency to blab, which is why he is often kept in the dark (see his reactions in Jabba's Palace, as well as the reason why Bail had his memory wiped).

15. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    If 3PO had a tendancy to blab why is it that when Luke asked him who the woman in R2s hologram was he played dumb yet earlier when the ship was under attack he stated to R2 "there'll be no escape for the Princess this time" implying he knew excatly who she was and was keeping that information from Luke until he knew if he could be trusted or not.

3PO, in my opinion, is a master at telling people information that will best suit him in the situation....a bumbling fool he's not.

16. Mr. K

Oct 23, 1999
    Well, bumbling perhaps. You may have a point- don't forget, there was that deleted scene from ESB where he's responsible for sending snowtroopers to the Wampas. That Threepio is baiting the bear!

Aaronaman likes this.
  17. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    I'd actually forgotton about that but it's a great point....he did it without a second thought to.

I think I have a new favourite for the main villian in Episode VII...C3PO Sith Lord hahaha

Darkslayer likes this.
  18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Every droid should be like HK-47 anyway.

BigAl6ft6, TX-20 and lbr789 like this.
  19. Yondo Kuromu

Yondo Kuromu Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 18, 2013
    Not really, C3PO just surrendered himself and R2, he never represented the Ewoks. When the Ewoks started to fight the Imperial Forces, C3PO never fought back, just got out of the way.

20. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    3PO was literally a god to the Ewoks. I think it's safe to say he represents them.

BigAl6ft6 and Darkslayer like this.
  21. Yondo Kuromu

Yondo Kuromu Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 18, 2013
    But the imperials didn't know that 3PO was a god among Ewoks.

22. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    C-3PO yells out to the stormtroopers, "Hello! I say, over there! Were you looking for me?" before surrendering. I'm sure he wouldn't have called out to them like that if he weren't aware of the planned ambush.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    It is more likely that Artoo told Threepio "Hey, I want you to surrender to those stormtroopers over there." And Threepio, being the agreeable coward that he is, readily complied.

24. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    3PO seemed to argue more with R2 then agree with him, in ANH he left R2 in the desert and didn't follow him on another adventure...not something some one who 'readily complied' would do . If 3PO was a coward he would never left the Ewok village in the first place....just like he did in ESB when the Falcon landed in the Space Slug.

Theres a fine line between courage and stupidity....3PO shouldn't be called a coward just because he knows the difference.

25. Vaapad Master Daeg Tynan

Vaapad Master Daeg Tynan Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013
    Well the same can be said of Luxembourg, but they're a listed party on the Geneva Convention... ;)

Count Yubnub likes this.