main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    True, but Fugitive arc FTW (the finale). Looking forward to your thoughts on that one.

BOBA-FETT-82 likes this.
  2. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    The Droid arc was an experiment. Personally I enjoyed the deep philosophies explored in "A Sunny Day in the Void" but the droids just simply could not carry an entire four part arc, not in my mind personally. I agree with the others though. Once you get to the last six episodes of the season, things pick up. "The Lawless" especially has a phenomenal climax.

Barriss_Coffee and BOBA-FETT-82 like this.
  3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, the Onderon and droids arcs really drag S5 down, the only season not to be better than the last in my opinion.

BOBA-FETT-82 likes this.
  4. darth fluffy

darth fluffy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 27, 2012
  5. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I loathed droids but liked Onderon. Well, the LuxSteelaSokaSaw undefined geometric shape I could have done without, but I loved the whole Vietnam / Afghanistan guerilla war thing.

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  6. darth fluffy

Dec 27, 2012
    Onderon actually reminded me of this quite a lot.

7. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Les Mis is a movie I could not watch. I haven't watched it, and I'm pretty sure I never will, because it's a musical. I just cannot connect with a musical on any level. I mean I looked in on a friend watching it one day and saw Hugh Jackman and Russel Crowe locked in a sword duel singing operatically at eachother as they traded deadly slashes and thrusts. The ridiculousness of it ruins it for me. Musicals are an art form that I just can't stand. No offense to those who are into them or who make them or whatever. I'm sure some are excellent within the sphere of that art form and the community of those who are into that, but they just push all the wrong buttons with me.

Apologies if I annoyed you. But musicals... argh.

8. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Oh, I love musicals! I wish every film had people suddenly sing and dance and lurch all over the premises.
    Can I have a TCW musical? Please? [face_dancing]

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Onderon wasn't bad. I might have liked it if Ahsoka and Lux hadn't been in it.

10. darth fluffy

Dec 27, 2012
    I think you're weird. I love musical theater.:D

WANT.=P~

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Onderon wasn't bad. I might have liked it if Ahsoka and Lux hadn't been in it.

Contessa likes this.
  12. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I've only seen the Onderon arc once but I'll be rewatching it next week so I will be making my final judgement then! :p

13. darth fluffy

Dec 27, 2012
    I wonder what would happen if HK-47 and Gascon ever met.:D

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Gascon would destroy HK-47 and it's not very hard to see why.

After all, no one's slick as Gascon, no one's quick as Gascon, no one's neck is incredibly thick as Gascon's. No one fights like Gascon, douses lights like Gascon, in a wrestling match nobody bites like Gascon.

My what a guy, that Gascon.

15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Onderon... the "Droid Poppers!" arc.

16. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    But you know that couldn't have happened or the day couldn't be saved.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Of course not.

Without Ahsoka, the galaxy would have imploded upon itself around the time of Christophsis.

18. BOBA-FETT-82

BOBA-FETT-82 Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 19, 2002
    Thanks for all the kind comments :)

I made it through the Droids arc. I have to say that's probably one i'll skip on rewatch though i did like Gregor. I watched Eminence and now that is much more like it! The best episode of S5 so far. Mandalorians, Pre Vizla, Maul, Bounty Hunters and Black Sun! No Prince Xizor though?

I'll post my thoughts when i finish the series.

I was wondering what is the consensus of the Mortis arc in season 3? I thought that was a really interesting addition to the Star Wars mythology and it hasn't been mentioned since. Looking on Wookiepedia it doesn't seem the story of the father, son and daughter is expanded on in any other EU either?

19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

Not a whole lot. It was sort of ambiguously shoe-horned into the last Fate of the Jedi novel, Apocalypse, but it was done for the purpose of an off-hand reference than to provide any additional background. In some ways that might be for the best, since I have a sneaking suspicion Filoni isn't done with them. Or at least, Mortis.

BOBA-FETT-82 likes this.
  20. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Agreed! Xizor's still working his way up at this point, though. In actuality, Maul's actions in Eminence and the rest of the arc inadvertently help his ascent through the ranks, as noted in the novel The Last Jedi.

On these boards, opinions on Mortis are largely divided, and almost always to a polar degree. Those who like it do so very strongly, and those who dislike it hate it with a passion. I'm personally in the former camp. The history of the Father, Son, and Daughter has been expanded upon, and their presence commented upon by other Star Wars works. The Book of Sith and Darth Plagueis offer a few hints as to the trio's impact on the larger galaxy, whether in the form of religious worship or scientific theory. The greatest contributor to information surrounding the Ones of Mortis, though, would have to be the Fate of the Jedi series, specifically the novel Apocalypse. However, I personally cannot in good faith recommend the novel or the series, and suggest you take in the information therein either from Wookieepedia or by asking for it on the Literature board. That said, that's where you'll find what you seem to be looking for, and maybe you'll have a different opinion if you give it a try.

21. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Mia puts it lightly - Fate of the Jedi is a cluster**** of terrible writing and ideas. I'd rather have measles again than read it.

22. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    So... Goldust had an, uhm, distinctive look at the WWE Battleground PPV this past weekend:

[​IMG]

What do you think, Hulkster?

[​IMG]

23. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    The Ahsoka/Lux romance is really, really forced and unnatural. And it doesn't help that I couldn't give less of a crap about Lux as a character. Plus, all that development and it never went anywhere.

24. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Maybe if the show hadn't been cancelled it would have done :p

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm in the latter camp. I'm not into all the ethereal-mythology stuff, and Mortis makes me feel like I've drunk too much very bad liquor. Rocks floating in the air, really annoying characters and Anakin behaving like more of a dumbass than he did in ROTS.

As far as Ahsoka and Lux--I'm glad it didn't go anywhere, because while I wasn't opposed to Ahsoka having a love interest, Lux was just terrible and obviously there to fit the boy-band dynamic.

Mzukiller likes this.