main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tshirt Run! - Ordering now Closed! Thanks for your orders and payment.

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by FanForced, Sep 21, 2013.

1. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Wish I could. Living paycheck to paycheck now, and I gotta save for gas money to get out there (droid transport). These celebrations aren't cheap at all. And I'd rather spend the money taking my little bro to San Diego to visit our mom's gravesite (way more important than shirts at this time). Money is already spent, and no way to save anymore. $10 is about as much as I can spend on a t-shirt I'll only wear a couple times. I might consider $5 for a CVII patch, though, to put on the regular shirt this thread is about. Please, us poor people need options here.

2. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I like the idea of our LOGO being on the front with a design on the back, not too many colors, just enough to make it pop. I am always up for art monkey apparel!!!!

Katsu_MaRoy and gra-co_o_hun like this.
  3. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    JJ, I don't want to seem insensitive here, but please understand that we don't produce the shirts so that the Group Members can just have a cheap garment to wear with the logo on it. This has always been about generating funds to put back into the treasury that allows the ability to do charitable events that this group excels at and there are no donations for our activities, save the actual group members. We ask that all Group Members give what they can when they can and it is a lot to ask sometimes to fund our events. The shirts are a great way to ask members to donate yet get something really nice it return for their generosity. My contribution is putting together apparel that people want to wear to express their love of Star Wars. We all give a little to make our functions achievable so that kids and parents alike can share in the Love that is Star Wars. Let's be honest, that is why we do it and that is why you have your remarkable R2-AL. :)
    I agree with You that Family is waaaaaay more important than any design I could ever come up with, so I understand if this is not something that is feasible for You. I live from paycheck to paycheck too. If the shirt is only something that you might wear twice a year, then maybe it's not all that urgent for you to purchase a shirt at this time. There is no requirement for the group to buy a shirt. Also, ask anybody in the group who has been around a while, the shirts have never been too high in price. I really will not just do anything to make the tee a cheap deal as it would really be cutting the true purpose of the tee in the first place... funding Our activities. I am very proud and honored to be able to do this for such a worthwhile cause. IMO [face_monkey]
    I think this can be an affordable venture this go-around and as far as CVII, I do plan to do a very involved illustration and it probably will be on the higher end price wise. I don't see it being more than 20$ a shirt. That's a little less than 2 years away so if people really want it, maybe now is the time to consider if it's something you want to purchase. Again, ALL proceeds go right back into funding this AWESOME Group of people who put forth so much effort for their communities.

I know You said that you are a Graphic Designer too. Perhaps you could design a shirt for yourself or submit it to the group for consideration. There are places like Vista Printing that will print 1 shirt for a reasonable cost. I don't know much about the quality but it's an option if you can't afford the alternative. [face_peace]

4. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    well said Cory....I think that most of us live paycheck to paycheck....*sigh*

gra-co_o_hun likes this.
  5. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I understand what you're saying, Cory, and I do appreciate what you are trying to do with the shirts. Unfortunately, I'll have to back out of it altogether. Sorry, guys, but I just can't help fund RMFF activities since I'm "funding" the local R2 activities (and that funding has stopped because I can't afford to print any more flyers). I'm running a club, too, so I understand totally where all this is coming from. I just wanted a logo shirt for meetings and such, not as a fundraiser, that's all. I had thought based on this last meeting that others felt the same way. Guess I was wrong, and that won't happen for me now. As a designer myself I would never even think of "stealing" the logo art from the club for a single shirt for myself unless I get permission to do so. It shouldn't be this hard to get a "club" shirt for members, not for stuffing the fund pot. Sad face... Thank you for all the explanations everybody, but no shirt for me....

6. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I cannot wait to see the new design ideas!!!!!!!!!

nnaydolem and gra-co_o_hun like this.
  7. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    So excited to get a new shirt with a new design!!!

gra-co_o_hun likes this.
  8. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Just as long as it isn't the new scratch & sniff ink. No one wants to know what they smell like on the inside. ;)

nnaydolem likes this.
  9. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005

[face_rofl] Silly Ole Zoo.

nnaydolem likes this.
  10. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Since Yoda will be the dominate image on the design, I will make sure to get a Swampy Bog Scent for your pleasure Zoo. [:D]

11. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    I really am going to keep it simple Catz, but I think effective.

something I am noticing guys and gals... I see some chatter about higher end garments yet some may be satisfied with a lower cost garment. Doing a straight run of the same type of garment would be the most expedient way to get this done in a somewhat timely manner or if we mix it up with a few different types of garments, We will have to look into availability of mentioned garment types. I am not opposed to either one, just want to put that out there as a possible snag. If someone wants a particular garment style, you might want to consider an alternate choice in case it is not available. regular tees are the easiest to get no doubt but I wanted to bring that up so there is no real disappointment if a particular shirt style is out. :-B

Do you want me to ask Ray about this? I will not be offended if you guys want to go another avenue but you know he will give you a decent deal with quantities.

12. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Considering how well the shirts have held up, I'd love to go with Ray. I got a Twilight shirt from zazzle (a one-shirt-at-a-time printing website) and it's fading.

catz44 likes this.
  13. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    I agree I would rather have quality shirt that stands the test of time ;)

nnaydolem likes this.
  14. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    I talked with gra-co_o_hun this weekend. We're going to go with his local buddy Ray and get quotes for two types of shirts, regular and one that is wicking for when you go to those conventions and their long days!
    He's going to work on a design for the front including our logo and a one-color design for the back. This will keep costs down and keep the shirts affordable for us. Our goal is to have a design to present to the group at the next meeting on October 19th.

If you are interested in getting a smaller shirt for your child, please post the size here and we'll give you a quote on about how much to expect those to be. There are additional costs with making the artwork smaller for a minimal run of those sized shirts you're interested in, catz44, and possibly Obi-Wannabe, so we'll do our best to give you and accurate cost for those.

Thanks for the interest everybody! I'm excited for a new shirt! And for raising money for a new float in 2015!

QueenHighMistress likes this.
  15. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    You know, considering how long kids' shirts last anyway, you might actually be better off (cost wise) using some place like Custom Ink for the kiddie shirts.

16. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I want a new shirt! Art Monkey design, printed by Ray. Please :)
    I missed a couple runs after I moved and I'm still bummed about that. Are there any leftover shirts or hoodies from previous runs? Maybe someone has a box stashed away somewhere?

17. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Hey Gang...

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have spoken with Ray and he is on board as per usual to print these for us locally, well local for you guys, not for Me. ;) i also spoke with him about some people wanting more high end garments and he is fine with the tossed salad of garment types. So if people do prefer to keep the cost down for themselves, they can go with a basic tee and for those that want higher end, you will be paying a little more. It's gonna be up to you guys. That said... er, written. heh I am going to supply this thread with a wholesale website for ordering garments and you will go through the sites various garments so you can see what can be available. It will typically show a picture of the garment, available colors and sizes. I will have you all take the info that pertains to the style you are interested in and include it in the info we give to Ray so he can see what is in stock. As a matter of precaution, sometimes certain garment types may be out of stock so I suggest that you have a back-up style you might consider if the one you want can't be gotten.
    I would like to have us do as much leg work for Ray so that he can accommodate everyone's requests and not be overwhelmed. I am in progress on the NEW design and will have it for viewing some time next week before your meeting... [face_monkey]

nnaydolem, DieWompRatDie and catz44 like this.
  18. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Happy dance!

nnaydolem and gra-co_o_hun like this.
  19. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Thanks, Cory, for doing all that! :D

Also, YAY NEW CORY SHIRT! [face_dancing]

20. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    So excited!!

Thanks Cory you are the best!

21. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    You rock, Cory! Thanks for helping us picky geeks out!

I imagine the RMFF as a whole will buy extras to have on hand throughout the year, for future members, VIPs, etc...

gra-co_o_hun and nnaydolem like this.
  22. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    See what happens when you threaten someone else producing the Tees JT?[face_skull]

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  23. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Now if only we can threaten somebody else making bumper stickers and floats... ;)

nnaydolem likes this.
  24. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    ... it's just cuz Monkeys are Territorial! [face_monkey]

nnaydolem, FanForced and catz44 like this.
  25. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    We have an art monkey T-shirt design! Cory has created an initial design for the front and back. I'll have print outs available at the meeting for viewing and discussion.
    We won't post them here so come to the October meeting to check them out. We're planning to post version 2 later when they're ready.

catz44 likes this.