main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    For the same reason they revived maul. The EXACT same reason.
    Prediction: Spider Clovis

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I loved that part in TPM when Obi-Wan cut Clovis in half and sent him falling down a shaft.

3. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Looks like we should not hold our breath on any Clone Wars bonus content info at New York Comic Con. From Pablo Hidalgo, infinata on Twitter:

@wakingthedead17: @ infinata So is there any chance of us hearing any details about The Clone Wars bonus content release at NYCC?
    @ Infinata: @wakingthedead17 I'm sure someone will ask, but the answer as of this minute is the same as was at Celebration Europe.

So no plan for release yet unless that changes in the next few days... I guess it could if the stars align but probably not.

Folks can still ask about Clone Wars characters appearing in Rebels though also.

4. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Geez, the spotlight is on Rebels; people need to move on. It'll come when it comes, if at all.

5. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Yeah. I'm still having a hard time thinking about how to get the Season 1-5 collection Blue Ray edition when it comes out - in my country, only the first 2 seasons were sold on DVD and they're not available anymore. :(

Oh hell yes!

God, the image alone was all worth waking up today. :D

6. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Sad that we didn't get the Bonus Content before the season 5 blu-ray released. We've now gone the longest time without TCW content since a previous season, and for the first time we'll be getting the previous season on blu-ray/DVD without anything currently airing.

I was hoping for a September release of the content, so we could enjoy it, move on, and anticipate Rebels. At the very least, I'd hope we get the final episodes before Rebels premieres. Between now and Fall 2014 there isn't any Star Wars content, aside from news on Ep VII development and Rebels teasers. TCW would really fill the void, giving us something to sink our teeth into instead of only relying on comic books, novels, and TV/movie trailers.

7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    OMG if they mentioned Hego Damask on the show...*drool*

8. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I know...right? Why? If anything, he should be dead.

Darkslayer likes this.
  9. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    The Clovis arc ordeal has to be one TCW's biggest marketing fails; they previewed it during last years celebration with the Embo clip, there was clips from it in the S5 trailer and there was also that newspaper clipping above and the whole mystery of the vault, but then *poof*; it gets pushed back and is postponed.

10. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I'm aware of the twitter... but I'm still hoping something squeezes at least a hint of the episode's status out of them this weekend. Whatever's happening, this is not the normal production cycle for the show. At least a few arcs must be done and ready to air by now, in whatever form. It's likely a legal battle now, and in the worst case, it could end up with them being forgotten.

I doubt the latter, but as of now, we need to start considering all possibilities.

podjazd likes this.
  11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

So true. Couldn't have said it better myself... such a shame what became of this arc as of this moment.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  12. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

There's no legal battle. Disney/Lucasfilm own the show. CN has the airing rights to Seasons 1-5, but NOT to anything later.

13. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    I don't think we can even remotely imagine using the show's "normal production cycle" any longer, can we... :p

14. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    There better be a big payoff at the end of this arc...and I'm not talking about what's in the vault.

15. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    Ya mean a TCW money shot...ewwwwwwww :-S

16. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Even Darth Vader likes these:
    [​IMG]

17. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    Well, Darth_Harmon, we will get the bonus content before Rebels. Dave Filoni promised that in the June 21st episode of RebelForce Radio when he said at time marks 1:23:31 to 1:23:41 and I quote "We'll have that period of time where things, ya know, finish up before Episode 7 and everything else builds up, which I think is really important for Clone Wars." So, when he says "everything else", he's obviously referring to "Rebels", so we will see these remaining Clone Wars eps before Rebels and "Episode 7". I think we may get to see the episodes around Summer 2014 from my perspective.

18. al patrickson

May 17, 2013
    SO, does anyone have any idea on why this post is so quiet?

19. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    No.

20. al patrickson

May 17, 2013
    Well, let me explain why I think the bonus content may come in Summer 2014. Reason being is because Lucasfilm is rumored to make casting announcements for Episode 7 this month almost a year after the announcement of the Disney/LFL buyout. If this is true, I believe this may go the same way with the wait of the Clone Wars Bonus Content since this past March 2013 and we may get an announcement in March 2014 for a release in May or June 2014. So, what do you think about my theory? Should we go with it or am I way off track? Because, if Pablo says no Clone Wars Bonus Content announcement will come around NYCC or the day Clone Wars S5 is out on Blu-Ray, we may have to wait until Spring, because, that is when the bonus content may be announced, because hlc88 said the announcement will come when we least expect it. So, I think that least expected time will be March 2014. Do you guys agree with me or am I going a little off track? Send i nyour thoughts if you want.

21. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Want did he say at the NYCC today?

22. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I don't believe the panel's until saturday, though if the presence of a Lucasfilm booth is like it was at SDCC (I don't remember one in NYCC 2010, but hey), then bingo. Politely asking around there could yield... well... something.

Though it didn't work for me at SDCC, unfortunately. Oh well... maybe next C2E2 I can do something.

That is if I haven't given up by then.

23. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Really? We will get to see the bonus content before Rebels and Episode 7???? No kidding!!!!

Because you are just repeating yourself again and again and again...

Again you are repeating yourself. Your theories are very repetitive since this is like the 10th time you have posted this one. with a small different of changing your speculation to an announcement to Spring instead of the S5 release date.

You really don't understand the concept of when you least expect it do you? It's not a guessing game. When you finally stop making these ludicrous theories and are so down and depressed something will come out that will lighten your day. Your endless theories are just making the wait longer and longer from a fans perspective because you keep talking about it all the time. When we least expect it will be it will suddenly appear one day. That's how things work.

For example: Doctor Who fans had given up hope of any of the lost episodes from 1960's from ever being found again, and when we least expected it, to happen on a dreary Thursday night, there is a midnight announcement stating that 9 episodes have been found and recovered. And its a shock to fandom because they kept on dismissing the whispers of a possible discovery and are so thrilled and shocked.

24. al patrickson

May 17, 2013
    So, basically, you're saying I may have to wait 50 years to see the Bonus Episodes? That's bullcrap.:mad:

25. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Now you are just being ridiculous :rolleyes: and misinterpreting my point spectacularly.

You clearly didn't read my post: in regards to the missing episodes for Doctor Who being found, rumours of episodes being found started to circulate a year and a half ago. It's taken them this long to get them ready to release before the BBC were able to announce that they existed. That is my point. They waited a year and a half to get confirmation that this rumour was true.

Heero_Yuy and Random Comments like this.