main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST CASTING RUMORS

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Yensid1974, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Also, Mark has said repeatedly for him 'Its All or None' - I would be VERY surprised (and saddened, to be honest) if Ford is a D-Bag-party pooper and won't at least give Han (and consequently the rest of the 'family') a decent send off.

Echo-07 likes this.
  2. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    He'd be the Bill Murray of Star Wars. Wait a minute, maybe Bill Murray should play Han. Weirdly enough, he seems a lot cooler than Ford these days even though Ford was always the iconic action hero.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I can't wait for Blade Runner 2 even though it has a good chance of being terrible.

Dra--- likes this.
  4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Somehow I never heard that Blade Runner 2 was actually confirmed to really be happening.

Dra--- likes this.
  5. Darth_Panicius

Darth_Panicius Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 7, 2013
    I agree. Sometimes, no matter how potentially poor something's going to be, you can't help but watch it.

Dra--- likes this.
  6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Like Nic Cage movies!

Dra--- and Darth_Panicius like this.
  7. EffieGray

EffieGray Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 25, 2013

Harrison Ford could genuinely be in two minds about whether he really wants to do E7 or not, but that's actually a completely different issue to holding the story and script (and the lives of his companions in arms - LH and CF) effectively hostage to his decision this late in the game.

Other people have said ridiculous things here, along the way, in assumption that no casting news somehow equates with no one having been cast at all, which is obvious nonsense. And there seems to be little understanding in some quarters, either, that casting isn't just about casting individuals but about casting a coherent group who will both be able to work well together and have the visible chemistry that will be required of them on screen. There is also a good 3 1/2 months before production is presumed to be starting, which is plenty of time to get all that sorted. But the issue re Hartrison Ford is entirely different. It isn't as if he can be recast. And although one doesn't know how big a role his is intended to be (one presumes small), that doesn't mean it isn't intended to be significant. And as has been stated above, the concept that replacing his presence with a couple of lines of explanation, is not a good one. "Epic fail", I recall, was the expression used. And what position would that leave Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher in? If Harrison Ford was not intending to participate (short of health reasons changing the situation), then it would be inexcusable for him to have left it this late to commit. Is he really that inconsiderate and unprofessional? I would hope not! So the inference has to be that (health issue aside) of course he is in it!

Dra--- and Darth_Panicius like this.
  8. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    We've seen Pettyfur, Ronan, and Moretz all get casting announcements this week that would take them out of contention for Episode VII.

But not Hurd-Wood...

9. Darth_Panicius

Apr 7, 2013
    They've been trying to get a workable script going for a while now, and Ridley Scott is all for the project. However, until a script that works has been produced, it's unclear whether HF's character will even be written in.

10. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I can't imagine what Blade Runner 2 could be about. I thought the story ended when the last replicant died.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  11. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Is this a new rumor ?

12. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Heh heh.... Michael B Jordan.... I can't name a single thing this guy has done, but apparently he is now the lead role in 2 major summer blockbusters (Star Wars and ID4) as well as the headliner in a new movie about Apollo Creed's son.

Wow, his agent must be working overtime to get those rumors out there! :-D

13. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    He played Wallace in The Wire and one of the 3 kids who got superpowers in that movie where they found a meteor outside Seattle.

Dra--- likes this.
  14. Ganger

Ganger Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    Blade Runner 2 ?!?!?!?!

Are you ****ing kiddin' me?!?!?!?

[​IMG]

Echo-07 and DarthBreezy like this.
  15. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    Or Ksenia Solo! Her name is still floating around. Apparently she is in final consideration for a role.

Dra--- and Ryus like this.
  16. Darth_Panicius

Apr 7, 2013
  17. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    [​IMG]

DarthBreezy, Darth_Pevra and TheBBP like this.
  18. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    He was also outstanding in the Friday Night Lights series.

19. Ganger

Ganger Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    I saw Blade Runner ages ago and loved it but don't really remember specifics. But if Deckard was a replicant, as it was confirmed by Scott years ago, does he age??

20. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Mate, we can't work out the slightest detail about Episode VII, we may not be the best people to ask about Blade Runner 2!

21. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
  22. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    I enjoy reading all these rumors because I like to see how gullible people are. :D

I'm hearing that Kitster grows up to be Boba Fett. That's why he named his ship "Slave I". oh wait, that rumor is from about 10 years ago... please ignore.

23. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Ha! I remember that one. Good old Kitster.

Dra--- likes this.
  24. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Ronan read for FF but no casting announcements.

And to be fair, Rachel Hurd-Wood doesn't really do many movies period.

But something worth remembering is that strange focus-group or whatever it was regarding Hurd-Wood and Pettyfur.

25. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    I think some of these "in talks with" are negotiating ploys by the agents or producers on the various different productions. Not sure anyone can be conclusively ruled out until they have signed on the dotted line for something that is shooting at the same time as SW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.