main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I don't have strong views on Mortis.

2. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Fair enough. Mortis does plant its flag on the far fantasy end of Star Wars' sci-fi/fantasy spectrum, so it's pretty understandable if that's just not your thing.

Hence why I say almost always. ;)

3. darth fluffy

darth fluffy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 27, 2012
    Sometimes it feels like we're watching to different shows.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    More like we have different taste and viewpoints.

CT-867-5309 and Mzukiller like this.
  5. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Mortis is where Anakin saw that he would turn to the dark side in the future, which utterly horrified him of course. Fair enough. But then, to prevent himself from turning to the dark side, he promptly... turns to the dark side!. Just like that. Snap! Directly to the dark side, do not pass go, do not collect 200 credits.

Possibly the stupidest thing in the history of Star Wars.

6. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    ....Nah. I'm fairly certain it was never going to go anywhere.

7. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    "If I don't turn to the dark side, I'm going to end up turning to the dark side!"

8. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    1) I hated Ahsoka early on, but came to like her later. My attitude didn't change - she did. She started as a whiny brat, but the character developed a lot over the course of the show. I don't mind annoying and immature characters if they grow and change over the course of the story, and Ahsoka did.

2) Luxsoka never went anywhere because Filoni cut off the most interesting place for it to have gone, which is Lux remaining a convinced Separatist, putting him and Ahsoka on opposite sides of the war.

3) I've always been pro-Mortis. Being surreal and mystical is fine by me, and not everything has to make 100% pure logical sense in a surreal, mystical experience. Also, remember that Anakin's tragedy is that every time he tried to do the right thing as he understood it, it always made things worse. Every step down the dark path was motivated by love or was the unforeseen result of the best of intentions. That's precisely why his conversion to the dark side was never quite as complete as Palpatine thought it was.

4) The Onderon Arc... meh. It was an arc. Not the best, not the worst. Droids was the worst. Ever.

9. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    I respectfully assert that you suffer from a complete misunderstanding of what Star Wars is. Vader's speech in the conference room of the Death Star in ANH was there for a reason. Not only that, it was very prominent, and very early, for a reason. It established that in the Star Wars universe, the mystical trumps the technological.

If you want a story with a materialistic/mechanistic/atheist/apollonian outlook on the universe and explanation for everything, well, that's what Star Trek is for. That's not trying to be a jerk or anything, but it's just the truth of the matter. The Force is the heart of Star Wars, and if you don't like it, well, this probably just isn't the fandom for you.

10. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    You gotta admit though... If there was some kinda all out "race war" where all the force users in the galaxy were in total genocidal war with all the non-force-sensitives... the Force-users would end up going down hard. Planetary destruction here, induced supernova there, and the ridiculous weight of numbers disparity. The normals would win in the end, and the Force users would be extinct.

11. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Every known superweapon exists because of a Force-user.

12. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    Which force users? The dumb lummoxes on the Jedi Council? Probably. Palpatine? Probably not. The likes of Mace Windu or Ki-Adi Mundi would try winning with lightsabers and would last about ten seconds. Palpatine would spend 30 years in the shadows; hiding his powers and slowly, subtly finding ways to convince the normals to destroy each other until he was the only one left standing.

RoTS-era Palpatine, that is. Palpatine's OT-era downfall came precisely because too many years in power made him lose his edge and forget what made him successful in the first place. A common flaw among the rich and powerful.

Paparazzo and purplerain like this.
  13. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    But didn't Naga Sadow induce a star to go supernova using only the Force? Not to mention both Darth Nihilus and the Sith Emperor (Vitiate) managed to suck all the life out of a planet dry by devouring its Force-energy. So Vader's words do hold a kernel of truth, if you are willing to believe the Force can be taken to such extremes of power.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    He used the Corsair.

On another note, why are there people in white uniforms in the Republic military prison?

15. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012

You have to keep in mind that's not the way he saw it. The Son showed Anakin turning into Vader, a genocidal Sith who murdered his friend, his wife, and an untold billions. He was terrified of this coming to pass. Of becoming Darth Vader. And in his fear he made a decision. Human beings aren't known for making great decisions when acting out of fear. On top of that, though, his goal ultimately isn't "Don't fall to the dark side," even though it should have been. It's "Stop Sidious, destroy the Sith, don't become Vader." That's what the Son offered to him, and in his moment of emotional weakness, Anakin saw the aid of a god to be an acceptable means of changing the future. Did he recognize that he was allowing himself to be tainted by the dark side? He hadn't killed anyone, he hadn't started cackling or shooting lightning off like a mad man, and he hadn't even kicked a kitten. Remember, he didn't seek out conflict with Obi-Wan or Ahsoka, and was interestingly sorry when he felt he had no choice but to fight his way past them to get to the ship. The dark side can be quiet, seductive, sneaking up on you behind a cloak of good intentions. Ulic, Revan, Malak, even the oft-maligned Darth Caedus didn't realize how deep into the dark they'd gone in the pursuit of good until they were effectively drowning in it.

16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    You are correct that Anakin may have been thinking "Sith are bad" rather than "dark side is bad".

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    "I am defenseless. Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete."
    [​IMG]

Contessa, podjazd, pronker and 5 others like this.
  18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I think the Onderon arc is basically on par with the mediocre episodes in S1 and S2. I really disliked it at first but it's good for rewatches like most of the series. I definitely don't rank it down with the S5 droids arc.

19. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Haven't posted here in a while. Just saw Dave Filoni's post about TCW getting a proper send off in early 2014.

That said, its been a great ride. The show carried me through high school right into my early college years. Canon issues and occasional crappy episode (first half of Season 3) notwithstanding, I wouldn't have had it any other way. :)

20. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i know how you feel when Stargate SG-1 ended back in 2007, that show took me from the third grade (1997) right up to the end of my senior year (2007). I literally grew up with that show and i was sadden to see it ended because it felt like my childhood was ending as well.

21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    One thing the long-time non-release of the OOT and the cancellation of TCW have demonstrated is that if something is discontinued and replaced, the discontinued product will be loved and the replacement product will be hated.

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    edit: double post

23. BOBA-FETT-82

BOBA-FETT-82 Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 19, 2002
    So i'm done with TCW. I let out a ROTS Vader "NOOO" as the final credits rolled. Just moments earlier i had a tear in my eye as Anakin pleaded with Ahsoka to return to the Jedi order as she walked off into the sunset (the first cartoon to do that to me since The Lion King in 1994 i might add!).

The Maul/Madalorian arc was amazing. 3 great episodes after a slow season. Sad to see Pre Vizsla die as well as Satine. Not too sad about Savage though. Loved the "reunion" between Palpatine and Maul.

The Ahoska arc was also great, though i was shocked and disappointed that Barriss went rogue. She was (is?) one of my favorite Jedi and it all seemed out of character. At least it might mean she survived Order 66. I did figure out who it was during the Ahsoka/Barriss fight at the warehouse in the previous episode though. With Ahsoka leaving the Jedi, it tied up her character perfectly and explains why she wasn't in ROTS while also allowing her to appear in Rebels. That is unless she appears in the bonus episodes.

Now that the show is over i can safely say this is one of my favorite incarnations of Star Wars, right up there with the movies and much to my surprise even better than the mircoseries which i love.

Favorite single episodes: Cloak of Darkness, Hostage Crisis, Evil Plans, A Friend In Need, Massacre, Bounty
    Favorite Arcs: Holocron Heist Arc, Nightsisters Arc, Mortis Arc, Rako Hardeen Arc, Eminence Arc
    Favorite New Characters: Cad Bane, Ahsoka, Captain Rex, Pre Vizsla and Byph to name but a few
    Old Characters i love even more!: Obi-Wan, Anakin (for the first time as Anakin), Ventress, Barriss, R2, Padme, Aurra Sing, Aayla Secura
    Characters i'm liking for the first time: Jar Jar, Battle Droids
    I loved seeing them again!: Chewie, Tarkin, Bossk, Dengar, Akbar, Greedo (and many more OT characters)
    Worst characters: Ziro the Hutt, Mama Hutt, Sy Snootles, Trench, Gascon

I'm a bit lost and in mourning now, i'll probably start watching the show through again soon while i wait for the bonus episodes. Happy to join all the fans here now having caught up :)

24. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well lets all hope that the bonus content is worth the wait and it will truly be something special!

BOBA-FETT-82 likes this.
  25. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    You do know Trench is back in the BC right?