main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The odyssey of the Kerebuy hawk, part 17 End of the odyssey (story complete)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, May 23, 2013.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    “Anakin Skywalker will have a lot of apologising to do in the eternity.”

Wise words, dear bird. Wise words!

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    AzureAngel2
    Hazel
    Nyota's Heart

It was fun to write and the next one too but after that more action when Halfir and Jesin meet 'rocks' in
    Messy rocks

Tonia returns to Tatooine

Jesin was baking a cake but in doing that he was wondering why Gerrik was very secretive about his birthday plans for tomorrow. The old man would turn 80 and had told about his plans to retire. Gerrik had visited Sluur the Hutt. And no; Sluur didn’t reveal what Gerrik had been doing during those visits. For Jesin it was unimaginable that the children of Sluur – the Huttlings Moio and Slura – would become the new caretakers for the eopies. Once he had been Hutt-sitting in the stable and that had been a disaster with the Huttlings drooling all over the hay when they started to play hide and seek.

And Halfir and he had no thoughts on running an eopie-stable either. Halfir worked for Sluur and Zinno. Jesin had his job at the university hospital and helped Halfir.

And both had the two Huttlings to educate. Ending this education when Moio was turning 100 would be the time to leave Tatooine and start searching for Moniron.
    The galaxy was safe now that mad Jedi and Thrawn and the threat from Palpatine were gone. The last clone of the emperor was dead. Byss – and all the imperial servants on that planet – was destroyed by the galaxy gun. Only the Imperial remnant was there and whatever mayhem lurked out in the fringes of the galaxy.

Jesin poured the dough in the form and scraped the remains out of the bowl. He was about to put the spoon with the last remains in his mouth when the door to the kitchen opened.

“I can see he loves the dough.”

“You are no exception Dorian and Ben neither. All boys love dough.”

Jesin turned and dropped the spoon on the floor. “Tonia!”

“Yes,” Tonia laughed when she saw her five year old son hurrying to that spoon and scooping it from the floor. “I have returned and with me are my husband Dorian and our son Ben.”

“Dorian Nigwin,” the man shook hands and smiled when he saw his son starting towards the form with the dough after finishing the remains on the spoon.

“Jesin Fialka,” Jesin saved the cake-form from the eager little hands and heard some familiarity in the voice of the man. “You were on Tatooine before?”

“I was as a TIE pilot on a mission for the empire but a crash and being saved by Tonia and a Jedi had me joining the rebels.”

“You were the pilot saved by Obi-Wan Kenobi,” Jesin smiled.

“I was and I had a very good doctor and therapist in Tonia but,” Dorian began.

“He didn’t want to propose for marriage when he saw me again. Anyway we were quite busy helping the rebellion. That proposal came years later when we were on Endor and the destructing Death Star had us flying for the second time into the foliage,” Tonia laughed. “We were dirty after the blast of the shield-generator had us in the bushes. Getting our captured stormtroopers back added more dirt.”

“Those two stormtroopers deserted immediately after seeing our friendly faces,” Dorian grinned. “They were drafted into imperial service on Corellia after visiting a bar on Treasure ship row and were a great help when we found one of our X-wing pilots dangling in his harness in a tree after evac.”

“That pilot – Bruce Makee – had a badly fractured arm and the two Corellian stormtroopers had the great idea to go to Corellia where I could save his arm,” Tonia said. “We met Rostek Horn and joined his secret group in Cormond.”

“Where we married and had our work until a message from Gerrik had us leaving Corellia and coming here,” Dorian said. “It is a dustbowl and quite different from Corellia and Ganaris where I was born but I love it. Being with Tonia and Ben is all I need.”

“And that’s here,” Gerrik entered. “I see you have arrived early to take over the stable after I am retiring tomorrow.”

“We have and we have to direct them,” Tonia turned to see her old friends from the university hospital led by a retired professor Callis coming in. All were dressed in old clothes and carrying various tools.

“We have to decorate a home and build a new one for you Gerrik,” Bernie Jaffe grinned. “Tonia contacted me and that had me planning and getting the guys and girls here.”

“And you can bake more cakes,” Irvin Callis took the cake-form and placed it in the oven.

“I will and with him helping me I am sure we have a lot of bowls to scrape clean,” Jesin began to rummage in the cupboard for more flour when he saw the smiling face of Ben Nigwin. Now he had to bake more cakes but he was very eager to do that. Gerrik’s birthday would be one big party.

- - -

It was a big party in the backyard of the stable.
    Bernie Jaffe had been busy with the barbecue and had seen many satisfied friends sampling his delicacies.
    Jesin had heard all from Dorian and Tonia about the first and second death star and the imperial remnant still active in parts of the galaxy after the death of Thrawn. He had given Tonia her long overdue present now that she had accepted the offer from professor Callis to come back to the university hospital.

Tonia was delighted when she removed the scarf from the box. The scarf was beautiful but what had been hidden by it was a piece of art. She turned to Jesin with a big smile on her face “you knew I would come back.”

“I did and I love to work with you and him,” Jesin indicated Professor Callis.

“Two minute Callis?” Tonia shook her head.

“He is retired but loves his work too much.”

“And I will be around too to see my beloved eopies,” Gerrik came with Ben in tow towards them. “We have been feeding them and ourselves.”

“For you mom,” Ben gave with his dirty hands a crumbling piece of cake and wiped his eyes. “The cake is gone. Can we make a new cake Jesin?”

“Not today but maybe tomorrow,” Tonia sniffed and laughed when she saw the dirty and sleepy face of her son. “It is bed-time for you.”

“See you tomorrow Ben,” Jesin stood up and walked towards Halfir.

His friend was standing near the Kerebuy Hawk.

“Once she will leave this home and fly us to our home on Moniron,” Halfir turned towards Jesin.

“She will,” Jesin grinned when he saw the two suns beginning to settle.

FIN

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful catching up with Tonia and her family :)

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was great! :)

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    It was a nice story to write and now the real odyssey begins with the one parter:

Messy rocks

Twieeeet

“No Messy I don’t know where we are but we are in trouble,” Jesin grumbled when he saw stars again after the Kerebuy Hawk returned to normal space. They were – as usual – on a mission for Sluur the Hutt. The Hutt had become quite influential after Milindus Migilian had left him and Zinno his legacy. The business was now known as the MSZ medic enterprise. An added bonus for the Hutts was one of the permanent posts as a member of the Mos Espa podracing community. On Chandrila they had the large complex of medical factories to run. The education of Moio and Slura was almost finished. The two siblings were now very active in the MSZ medic enterprise. “You saved us with a random jump from the pirates about to attack us when we entered the Bothawui system but this is unknown territory and trouble too with all those rocks.”

Pwiieet triiieeet

“Reroute the lasers to my board Messy,” Halfir shouted when he heard the first loud thunks against the hull from smaller rocks.

A larger rock was headed their way.
    The Kerebuy Hawk vibrated when Halfir began to fire the powerful laser cannons at the rocks.

Jesin smiled despite the dire situation. His student Ben Nigwin was now 19 year old and talented in more ways. He had given Ben his padawan-braid after Tonia had found that braid in an almost forgotten box with memories from her youth. He had never asked where his braid had gone.
    A week ago the weapons had been installed and modified by Jesin and Ben. They had been on a junkyard search with Moia and Slura in tow for parts to repair the vaporator in the stable. Ben pointed at the weapons being quite useful for attacks by pirates. And with the Huttlings contacting their parent it had been a deal. Dorian Nigwin had recognised the weapons – coming from a TIE-fighter – immediately and had given training for the weapons.

“Shields are compromised,” Jesin was able to evade yet another piece of rock. “We have hull breaches in the cargo compartments and two of the cabins.”

“I cannot blast every rock Jesin. We aren’t as agile as a TIE-fighter. Steer that way.”

“I am uh trying uh doing,” Jesin had his hands – white knuckles showing – gripping the controls even more forcefully. “I am through!”

Bewoooh bewoooh bewoooh.

“Messy silence.”

Pwoooot

Bewoooh bewoooh bewoooh.

“Sorry Messy,” Jesin saw another angry blinking red light. “Not your noise.”

Pwiieet

Bewoooh bewoooh bewoooh.

“We are venting fuel from one of the auxiliary thrusters,” Jesin held on with all his powers. “There’s a planet nearby. Messy what’s the mess?”

Pwieep

Jesin saw a name and green coordinates appearing on the nav-comp. “It is Pangona. We are in alliance space. I will guide her in. Messy transmit our codes.”

“Got the last rock troubling us,” Halfir grunted and released the controls of the laser. His attention was caught immediately by a blinking light on the com-system.

Pangona central. Approach with caution civilian freighter Kerebuy Hawk. Keep shields at maximum and deploy tractorbeams if possible.’

“Copy that Pangona central,” Halfir replied. “Requesting landing priority. We have sustained damage and our hull is compromised.”

Land at Pangona city spaceport. Transmitting coordinates now. We have rescue standing by and will give you more specs about Pangona.’

“Thank you.” Halfir became very busy in helping Jesin.

They saw after entering the atmosphere a planet dominated by water and small islands and a few larger continents.

“It’s a watery Mustafar,” Jesin observed when he saw that many islands were in fact volcanoes. Other islands were floating cities. After the first time visiting Mustafar he had been there more getting ore for Sluur or Zinno. And no; he didn’t like the oppressive heat or the Mustafarians that much.

“I know you don’t like volcanoes,” Halfir was getting the specs. “Pangona primary is an M-class sun but with space riddled with asteroids and rocks and five gas-giants playing with those rocks the planet has an unstable surface because of the gravity changes. We are in for some interesting times.”

“Yeah with the Hawk again needing extensive repairs and us in need of a job to get those repairs financed,” Jesin began to smile despite the dire situation. “Now I know why the crèche masters let us play with sand and water and why you gave me those lessons about the geology of different planets. We might be able to help.”

“I know some about waterworks too. Noranan – where we will end up some day – has beautiful works to keep the harbour safe. We won’t be able to return to Tatooine. And there is a feeling that we have to stay here to keep safe.”

“After I can land the Hawk near that hangar,” Jesin stated. “Messy help us with the repulsors. They are acting edgy.” He saw a rescue truck rushing to the site where he planned to drop the freighter. Repulsors were working but sluggish. “Yes easy as he goes… thank you Messy.” He wiped sweat from his brow and sighed “the Hawk has landed.” He opened his crashwebbing and stood up on wobbly legs and followed Halfir on equally wobbly legs towards the ramp. Smiling faces from the rescue crew were noticed immediately by him and Halfir when the rescue truck stopped before the open ramp.

- - -

Jesin had after some rest headed back inside the freighter to activate the repulsors and had helped the rescue crew to tow the Kerebuy Hawk inside the old hangar that was their assigned place.
    The owner of the hangar Torres Vincente had offered them the place to stay. He had been delighted when he heard the two pilots talking to Rescue-commander Alco Shabian and spaceport official Kere Nivols about the plans to make Pangona city a safe place to stay.

FIN

And who are the infidels in the next part?[face_worried]
    Nyota's Heart
    Hazel
    AzureAngel2

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    YAY Messy!!! :D

8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    And who are the infidels in the next part?[face_worried]

I could send you Lucien to find THAT out, but then there would be no happy ending, hon!

[face_plain]

Anyway, great update.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super action and glad they're at a safe place.

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Messy is always helping
    Lucien would recognise Halfir and Jesin as Force sensitives.
    They are and you can see why in the next post

Infidels

The feeling Halfir had 160 days ago when landing on Pangona had proven to be true. The Yuuzhan Vong had invaded the galaxy known to the new republic in their conquest. He had – immediately after discovering the extent of the damages to the Kerebuy Hawk – contacted Sluur. The result had been Sluur sending one of the Chandrilla transports to Bothawui to complete the mission. ‘And Tonia and Dorian will finish the education of Moio. You can begin your search for Moniron’ was what Sluur had replied after contacting Tonia.

Jesin didn’t know if he would see Tonia or Sluur again. The Vong were making the galaxy quite unsafe. And the squabbling politicians ruling the new republic were no good either.

Breaking news: Ithor is burning. Remnant and New Republic forces have destroyed the Yuuzhan Vong command ship Legacy of Torment. The rear end of the warship has ignited Ithor’s atmosphere. Another rogue Jedi – Corran Horn this time after we have had Darth Vader and Kyp Durron – has destroyed a planet. Borsk Fey’lya has…’

“That Bothan goon and incompetent bragging furbag,” Jesin grumbled. He was – with Halfir – taking a break from his work.

“It is upsetting news but you know,” Halfir poured some caf. “Ithor isn’t the first planet to be destroyed. Helska was the first planet to be turned into a Vong world and they destroyed Sernpidal.”

“Chewbacca died there saving the Millennium Falcon,” Jesin took a sip from his caf hiding his face in the mug. He had met the Wookiee once on Tatooine helping him with repairs on the Millennium Falcon and had received parts for the Kerebuy Hawk. For him it felt as if he had lost a friend.

The infidels are to be made the slaves for the Yuuzhan Vong and the …’

Halfir pushed the off-button on the holotube. He had now tears in his eyes too.

“Who are they to dictate that all of us are infidels,” Jesin grumped when he stood up after placing his empty mug down on the counter. He walked back to the table where the plans to build dams and more water-works to keep the buildings of Pangona city safe were spread out.

“Yuuzhan Vong,” Halfir mused. “And they are not the first. You have seen what Palpatine was doing after declaring himself emperor. He wanted an empire for humanoids only.”

“With a clear preference for human humanoids and he sure was busy to exterminate all Force sensitives he couldn’t turn into willing hunters for the glory of the Sith.”

“I got caught up in the Jedi extermination when your master stuffed you in an escape-pod.”

“I was saved by the aunt of a rebel, now grand master of the New Jedi-order,” Jesin grinned. “Beru Lars took me to the university hospital of Mos Eisley where I was treated by Tonia Egvards. She and her friends became rebels too and hid us at the Eopie stable of Gerrik Smith.”

“Where I had to hide the two of us in the Force when Obi-Wan and Luke arrived to purchase Lisa the old eopie,” Halfir took a pencil and scribbled something on the plan.

“The dam needs exhaust-ports?” Jesin took a datapad with his notes and began to evaluate what Halfir had scribbled on the plans. “Ah I see; the aftermath of a real big flash flood and tornado can lead to water accumulating in the lower parts of the city. We need pumps and pipes too to get the excess water out. Will the authorities give enough credits?”

“They will. I don’t have to use my powers at all. We have come up with a good plan to take care of water and weather.”

The two continued their work.

- - -

It was getting dark when Torres Vincente came into his hangar with two spaceport employees and one of the government officials.
    Torres provided the old hangar for free. It had a small kitchen unit and a power-supply to keep the Kerebuy Hawk habitable. He had quite an interest to make Pangona city again a safe place to stay after he lost most of the materials to build a new housing development to the last flash flood. He had been born in Pangona city and opted – unlike most of his age-mates who emigrated to the wealthy island-resorts or off-planet – to stay. He had fallen in love with the city. “I can see you are making progress Jesin.”

“I am with Halfir helping me,” Jesin pointed towards the plan. “My child's-play in the Jedi-crèche proved quite useful.”

“Excellent,” Rescue-commander Alco Shabian began to smile. He had heard from Jesin about the old Jedi and their organisation when the young man was visiting his station for some city-plans or more detailed information. He saw immediately what Jesin and Halfir were planning. “When you are ready we can take it to the Pangona city government and support you. They listen always to my advice and Vincente is quite influential.”

“I hope the Yuuzhan Vong will leave Pangona alone,” Kere Nivols grumped. “We have enough trouble with our rocks bombardment.”

“Pangona isn’t on a main hyperspace route,” Jesin mused. “And I don’t have a bad feeling about Vong coming here. We will complete the waterworks for Pangona city.”

“And after that we will have more work for you,” Linde Suzaka turned to Jesin. “I have seen your qualifications as a doctor. The hospital here is always in need of skilled doctors because the young graduates leave the city to set up shop in the wealthy island resorts and floating cities.” She gave a nod towards Torres.

“All the more reason to finish this,” Jesin scribbled more specifications on a datapad and gave that to Suzaka. “We will need these pumps and some of the best piping you can come up with. We have some final calculations to make. Tomorrow is the great day to visit your city-hall.”

“I will wait for you and alert my brother Curtis that you will come,” Linde smiled and left with the officials and Torres.

- - -

“And what about me,” Halfir grinned. “You are going to work at the hospital.”

“Just help me and I can introduce you as nurse Halfir,” Jesin laughed. “You were quite good at me-sitting in the past and at Hutt-sitting. And Ben loved you.”

“Ben Nigwin,” Halfir mused. “He is now a student in Mos Eisley and following in his mother’s footsteps.”

“And he will help his mother and father at the stable. Animals are great to unwind after a difficult exam or a procedure. I enjoyed the stay at the stable and hope that Moniron has some nice animals too.”

“You will see Jesin.”

FIN

Hazel
    Nyota's Heart
    AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice tie-in to the NJO

12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Cursed Vong!!

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I agree with Hazel that the Vong are not my number one people in the SW universe. But their actions makes them brilliant villains. :D

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Vong were great villains and are leading to this four part story where Jesin and Halfir meet an old friend

Rebirth of Pangona

Part 1
    Jesin was walking along the beach with Halfir. He had sad looks on his face. Seven months ago he had been in an exhilarating mood when his water-works had done their work to protect the lower parts of the city. An incoming rock had changed that mood two weeks ago. And it wasn’t a big one. But with the Kerebuy Hawk still needing parts to repair her hyperdrive and her shields a hunt for that rock was out of the question. ‘Bad luck’ was what Halfir had called it when the rock hit the pump-house. Jesin had rushed to the house to repair the pump but a warning had him headed to higher ground. A big quake – caused by a large rock hitting a fault in the ocean-bedding – had caused a large flash-flood. It was now two weeks after that flash-flood had destroyed parts of Pangona city.

Jesin and Halfir had found new work in the Pangona city hospital. They had surgeon Jim Lusana as their superior who taught them new techniques.
    Jesin could also help in instructing Ted Deckard, a young student of Jim.

They were saddened to see large parts of the hospital being destroyed by the flash-flood. The one-story building housing one functioning OT and IC and two ER-rooms had survived. Modern equipment was in those rooms but supplies were scarce and were gifts from private hospitals. Tents – donated by the government – for patients not needing the intensive care were now dotting the grounds, muddy with the residue from the flood. A fund-raising was started to build a new hospital but with most inhabitants living on the wealthy islands with their private hospitals the going was slow.

“Why do those rocks always hit the parts you have designed to keep something safe?”

“Bad luck,” Halfir replied. “Come Jesin, tomorrow uh today is another day to begin with the repairs.”

Jesin nodded. He had been working late in the hospital and had wanted to unwind on the beach. Walking on bare feet through the surf was something he loved. He donned his clogs and followed Halfir to the hangar. Going there he passed a large civilian liner with the call-sign CC1701 on its hull and people disembarking. One of them – dressed in clothes seen many times in the distant past – had him halting and going to the liner.

“Ah I see,” Halfir followed baffled by the coincidence. “If I am not mistaken… Kel Tuohy?”

The yellow-haired and –skinned human turned with a smile on his face. “Yes I am Kel Tuohy and you are?”

“Halfir Majeski and with Jesin here one of the guys to save you from a horrible fate on Byss when we saw you brought into one of Theed’s hospitals,” Halfir shook hands with the Jedi knight.

Jesin did as well and continued to explain. “You were sedated by butcher Setima when we hauled you with the rescuers to the safety of the home of Gayle Pendarvis. We planned a distraction when Setima was guided by a tracker planted in your arm. It cost the Naboo Lake district a medevac but you and your rescuers could escape. And we returned to our home on Tatooine.” He saw the bright smile on the Jedi’s face.

“I heard all about my rescue from Chief Fiohir and the great part you played in all of this,” Kel Tuohy grinned. “I stayed friends with Gayle and Alysa after settling down on Hamalk. A lot changed for me when the second Death Star was destroyed. My saviours left one at a time. Gayle and Alysa met friends, married and went to Corellia, the Budianski twins married and went to Corellia, Cathy Swidler met a merchant and followed him and Kevin Fiohir went home. He told me that it was now safe to go home to Varanko.”

“And how did you end up wearing the outfit of a Jedi and carrying a lightsaber?” Jesin had noticed immediately the familiar weapon hanging from the belt of the Jedi.

“I had a pilot’s licence and had joined the rescue department after Alysa introduced me. I was discovered by Master Skywalker when he visited Hamalk,” Kel answered. “I joined the Jedi and became under the tutelage of Master Kyp Durron a Jedi-knight.” He got a thoughtful look on his face. “Maybe you want to know more about the fate I escaped.”

“Sure,” Jesin replied.

“In the Jeditemple archives I read about Byss and the horrible things done there by Setima,” Kel began and told more. He ended “she must have perished when Byss was destroyed by the galaxy gun. And you could deceive her with ease?”

“We could evade her using the Force,” Halfir grinned. “We were not Noman but No Binks. I would have liked to see her face when she was searching for Noman. But what has you ending here on this rocks-disaster planet?”

“Maybe the rocks will keep us safe. The invasion of the Yuuzhan Vong had me on a mission to Hamalk because I knew my way around on that planet. I could help Dindo O-Caheal to organise the evacuation. His brother Carlo is waiting with eight ships to continue their journey to Pangona after the all clear signal from the authorities.” He heard a soft sound, turned his head and saw the charismatic leader O-Caheal winking. “I have to go now. Those ships are safe in the middle of nowhere but food-supplies are dwindling and the refugees are eager to get to Pangona.”

“See you.” Jesin and Halfir continued to their hangar.

And Jesin was getting in his bunk in the Kerebuy Hawk when he heard a very soft sound of two spacecraft landing in unison. That was something to be investigated tomorrow.

tbc[face_thinking]

Nyota's Heart
    Hazel
    AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D You never know who you're gonna run into ;)

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Good reunion! :)

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “In the Jeditemple archives I read about Byss and the horrible things done there by Setima,” Kel began and told more. He ended “she must have perished when Byss was destroyed by the galaxy gun. And you could deceive her with ease?”

“We could evade her using the Force,” Halfir grinned. “We were not Noman but No Binks. I would have liked to see her face when she was searching for Noman. But what has you ending here on this rocks-disaster planet?”

Do I detect more possible adventures here?

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    You have read about those adventures in 'Spider moments'
    And here is the second part

Part 2

Jesin was up early despite going late to his bunk. What had him waking up early was unknown but he decided to go for a run on the beach before making breakfast in the galley of the freighter. And there were of course the two unknown spacecraft. He was running out of the hangar when he spotted the X-wings and stopped to gaze at them with admiration. He had heard the stories from Tonia and Dorian about the crucial factors the X-wings played in the destruction of the Death Star near Yavin and of the second Death Star near Endor. But where were the astromechs and pilots? One of the cargo-compartments was open.

Jesin continued his run and passed the hospital grounds to take the short cut to the beach.
    He heard creaking sounds and turned to see one of the tents collapsing.

“Geez another mess in a mash,” that came from a man, crawling out of the collapsed tent and starting for the main building.

Jesin snickered softly when he saw the hospital gown worn by the man flapping open at the back and continued his run past the tents. He was sure he would meet the man again and there was something about him. ‘The man can use the Force.’ He stopped briefly to see his colleague nurse Elsie Tantoa busy with a patient. ‘I don’t know but I have seen a grey guy belonging to an unknown humanoid species before.’ The patient was sporting splints on both arms and had an IV applied to his left foot. Not wanting to disturb her or the patient he headed to the beach. A long run followed. He was quite sweaty when he came back to the hangar and didn’t see any changes in the two X-wings.

“Been running Jesin?” Halfir was standing at the entrance of the hangar. “I have made breakfast and we have a visitor.”

“Kel Tuohy?” Jesin enquired.

“No more guesses,” Halfir grinned and headed with Jesin sprinting past him inside the Kerebuy Hawk.

“What’s up,” Jesin was eager to know what had Kel visiting them this early.

“Change and eat first,” Kel Tuohy remarked with an amused smile on his face when he saw the sweaty and eager looks.

“I uh,” Jesin began.

“Fresher Jesin,” Halfir waved with his hands.

“Don’t go Jedi on me,” Jesin laughed when he hurried towards the fresher. He returned as soon as possible to see Halfir putting a large stack of eggs and pancakes on his dish. Still wiping his hair dry with a towel draped around his shoulders he sat down and began to devour the food.

“Good morning not-Jedi,” Kel winked with his eye towards Jesin and Halfir. “I can tell you what happened yesterday when I visited with Dindo the authorities.”

“Humpfhhrggh,” Jesin started.

“What did the crèche-master tell you when you were studying to become a Jedi?” Kel grinned. “Keep silent and eating and I will tell you all.”

Jesin nodded.

“One of the X-wing-pilots – Jason Guyet of the Strike cruiser Taranak – came with a great idea,” Kel began his tale. “He is here with his injured friend after a successful mission to the Dimjel cluster because he had to make a random jump after one of the Yuuzhan Vong Coralskippers tried to fry him. Seeing the shabby hospital he had ideas to get as soon as possible a prefab hospital here and now comes the best part.”

“Hmmh,” Jesin couldn’t keep silent. “He was the guy I saw escaping his collapsed tent and he must be a Jedi like you.”

“I heard him too,” Kel continued with a smile. “But he isn’t a Jedi. Master Skywalker couldn’t get him interested in joining us. He has a plan to make Pangona safe from Vong and rocks.” He told more about the two pilots and the plans.

- - -

Jesin was again running. He was beginning his shift and very eager to hear what his superior Jim Lusana had to tell about the procedure to help the injured pilot. And if possible he liked to meet those pilots. But passing the tent where he had seen Elsie busy he saw the pilot – Jason Guyet – sleeping on one of the beds in the tent. On the other bed was the grey Varankonin man with his arms in splints.

Jim was there too and turned when he heard Jesin. “No trouble here. Both are sleeping. Come Jesin. With all the refugees from Hamalk settling in we can have a busy shift.”

tbc

Nyota's Heart
    Hazel
    AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Terrific tie-backs to other fics continue @};- =D=

20. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very cool!

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Jim was there too and turned when he heard Jesin. “No trouble here. Both are sleeping. Come Jesin. With all the refugees from Hamalk settling in we can have a busy shift.”

Thanks for the update and I am off into a busy weekend.

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    more is coming;)
    Jesin is busy too

Part 3
    It had been a busy shift. Busy shifts followed.

Jesin had met the two pilots. He shared the birth-planet Lingala with Jason Guyet. The Jedi-purge had initiated the protection of Lingala by buoys and the sentient Lingalans and Sheir-Irel. After a scrub-room fight and remarking about Jason’s scars he had heard about the great fire in Ifaan National park causing those injuries and the project to begin the repairs of an X-wing with help from a droid and a rebel-pilot. He had been to Lingala as an initiate on a training camp in the park. And Jason mentioning the beautiful husans bred by the Gonara farm and lingalans had him longing to see those animals.

From Rob Spanish had heard more about the Varankonin species and the second sentient species – the Ceitans – calling Varanko their home-planet. They shared like the Dunai elder a distant relation to an extinct species the Sheir-irel. The extinct species had brought up memories from long ago. He had heard about the destruction of the species and of their home-planet Irellion after being found crying in his room by one of the crèche-masters. Master Yoda had visited him shortly after that event. ‘From Lingala you are, related to Sheir-Irel, Falgans, Lingalans, Varankonin and Ceitans you must be.’ That had been puzzling for him but not anymore. Rob Spanish had shown him pictures of his Ceitan and Varankonin friends that were stored in the memory-banks of his astromech.
    A drawing by Rob from a Sheir-Irel had Halfir remarking that the Falgans must be related too. Halfir had drawn a Falgan.
    Jason Guyet had said that the Lingalans were very similar looking.

- - -

Nearing the end of one of those busy shifts – Jesin and Jim had just installed their patient in the intensive care ward and Jason was doing duty in the ER-room with Ted and Toshie – the very loud rumbling of something new was shaking the transparisteel windows of the IC-ward.

Nurse Ken Machita was adjusting the IV-pump with Jim Lusana when the latter turned to the window.

“Jesin,” Jim laughed “the new hospital has arrived.”

“But that is a Venator-class stardestroyer used in the clone wars,” Jesin ran to the window hopping on his feet despite being tired like the other members of his shift. “Can I go?”

“Just wait for the dust to settle and we can both go,” Jim replied.

“Go Jim and take that youth with you,” Ken grinned. “You were the one to go to the authorities with Jason Guyet and if I am not mistaken…” He paused to gaze outside “Toshie has sent Jason away. That’s him rushing to his Spiders. I will wait for Don and Elsie.”

- - -

‘A youth; everyone called him that.’ Jesin arrived with Jim on his heels and spurted up the ramp after noticing the nameIndefatigable.

“You know where to go?” Jim asked when he followed Jesin into one of the turbolifts.

“I do,” Jesin replied and punched a button. “We are going to the bridge. I was on a destroyer like this when the clones turned on the Jedi.” He began to tell more about the specifics of the Venator-class stardestroyer and serving on one of them during the clone-wars and ended “With my master I escaped from the bridge after creep Palpatine had ordered the clones to turn on the Jedi. She stuffed me into an escape-pod and there I was, stranded on Tatooine. Now I like to know how they could pilot her here without a large crew. These destroyers were swarming like a beehive with crew. And the place to see that is the bridge.”

“That’s where Jason Guyet went?”

“I am sure and,” Jesin began when the turbolift doors opened and a ‘who is there’ came from that bridge.

Jason was there with three men and one woman, all wearing bright orange flight-suits with a spider-patch on one sleeve.
    But the ‘who is there’ had come from the centre seat where a red mop of hair could be seen.

“Uh hey Jason,” Jim grinned. “Jesin was eager to get here and he knows his ways around.” A soft sigh had him turning around.

“That’s where my master sat,” Jesin mumbled and exited haltingly the turbolift. He passed Jim, Jason and the pilots and headed straight to the centre seat.

“I am Didier Kalra,” the man stood up and shook hands with Jesin and walked with him to the others.

Introductions followed and an explanation by the ‘zombie’ crew about the many automated systems.
    Jesin told again about his experience on the Venator-class cruiser.

- - -

Jesin was with Jim back in the hospital. He had heard about the buoys placed around the Pangona system to warn about the hazards of rocks – real – and a deadly virus – made up by Jedi knight Dorne Runia and Russel Sadar, running a very secret Jedi operation on Corellia – that made Pangona a planet of death. He– now feeling that he ‘was’ tired – headed back to the Kerebuy Hawk.
    Sleep came much, much later. First he had to tell Halfir more about the stardestroyer and the prefab-hospital in her cavernous holds.

tbc

Nyota's Heart
    Hazel
    AzureAngel2

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very productive shifts & nice sharing of experiences. :)

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Jesin was with Jim back in the hospital. He had heard about the buoys placed around the Pangona system to warn about the hazards of rocks – real – and a deadly virus – made up by Jedi knight Dorne Runia and Russel Sadar, running a very secret Jedi operation on Corellia – that made Pangona a planet of death. He– now feeling that he ‘was’ tired – headed back to the Kerebuy Hawk.
    Sleep came much, much later. First he had to tell Halfir more about the stardestroyer and the prefab-hospital in her cavernous holds.

Wow, what an update!

(Even though my husband is still around, visiting me in Germany, I took time to read it. But that was only possible, because he is watching Formula One.)

PS: It had been a busy shift. Busy shifts followed.

I know exactly how THAT feels!!! [:D]

25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I second the above comments. :)