main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [The X-Files] The (Continuing) Event Series!

Discussion in 'Community' started by jp-30, Oct 12, 2013.

1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Firstly, there's a live webcast of a Duchovney / Anderson panel on right now here to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the start of the show

http://www.paleycenter.org/live

Click through!

[​IMG]

And they did a reddit AMA this morning too. Post X-Files related activities here, and discuss the show. Lots of old threads on the show here, but nothing active, and mostly filled with JM22 fanboying out.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Gillian Anderson is HOT.

3. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Welcome back! Go post a Beyonce video.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  4. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I watched this show once. ONCE!

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    It's Hank Moody!

6. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Webcast over. That was great. I'm guessing it'll be archived somewhere soon enough.

7. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    So this would be...."X-Con" right?

8. Isotope217

Isotope217 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2002
  9. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Man, I hate how far this show went downhill towards the end. When it was good, it was fantastic. When it sucked, even the T-1000 couldn't save it. Jose Chung's From Outer Space was probably my favorite episode- whenever the writers wrote self-aware episodes, it never failed to produce a hilarious episode.

Also, this is me once again reminding Rogue1-and-a-half to get his X-Files thread back up and running :p

EDIT: Oh god, that AMA was awesome. They just start bantering at a few points like it's 1994 all over again.

Saintheart likes this.
  10. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Loved the hell out of that show, even the crappy episodes weren't bad.

And Gillian Anderson still has it going on.

11. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I don't remember exactly when I started watching (it was definitely sometime before the first movie) but I am long overdue to properly watch it from start to finish.

12. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    The eighth season did have John Doggett (the T-1000 I referred to earlier) going for it, while the ninth season should be burned in the fiery pits of Tartarus. Mulder and Scully had just become parodies of themselves by that point.

Darth Guy likes this.
  13. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Do it. But it's a series you really can't rush through. Lot of depth in those episodes and not just the myth-arc episodes either.

14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    God, I hate the "myth arc." Nothing made any sense and nothing was resolved. At least there are the standalones.

jp-30 likes this.
  15. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    The myth arc was compelling for the first four seasons or so. The writers were great at making you think that they knew where things were going. That part started to go downhill during season 5, but it was still entertaining up until Two Fathers/One Son. The mytharc just floundered like it was drowning in the kiddy pool after that.

Darth_Invidious, Saintheart and jp-30 like this.
  16. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  17. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    I always liked the Cancer man and the with weird family of freaks.

18. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I'm a big John Doggett fan.

Season 10 is coming along nicely as well.

TX-20 and Saintheart like this.
  19. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Eh, even if they didn't wrap up very well, some of the episodes still stand up as very good episodes in their own right. One Breath is one of my favorite episodes of the entire series; I also really, really love Patient X/The Red & the Black too. The myth never really cohered into anything, but the experience of some of those great myth episodes was (and still is) fantastic.

jp-30, TX-20 and Kiki-Gonn like this.
  20. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I loved this show. It was my favorite of the 90's. But when Mulder was removed near the end they should have just stopped the show and done nothing but movies from there on.

21. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Boy, they really whiffed on that last movie too. That sucked so bad.

Jedi Daniel and Darth Guy like this.
  22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    God I hated I Want to Believe. Fight the Future though is one of the best films I've ever seen. I'm one of the few that wish they would make a final X-Files movie to wrap up the stupid myth arc, but I don't think there are enough fans around to care anymore.

23. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    I'd watch it, for good or for ill.

And this thread inspired me to start my first watchthrough of the series in about 4 years. Lol, I had forgotten how silly some of the early Monster-of-the-Week episodes are. "The computer became murderous! AND THEN IT SOMEHOW GREW A VOICE SYNTHESIZER!!!!" But it's still great. I also love how half of the cast of Breaking Bad appeared on the show at some point or another, though I can't recall if Gilligan wrote any of those particular episodes.

24. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Ghost in the Machine! Bane of my existence. It's definitely one of the three or four worst episodes. Space (or as I call it "Stockfootagepalooza"), from the first season, is just as bad.

jp-30 likes this.
  25. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    And that time has come and gone. The memory of that show was somewhat tarnished by its final seasons and then that movie nobody cared to watch.12/21/12 turned out to be a big bust and what were Scully and Mulder going to do to save the world anyways? In my head-canon, that world has been destroyed by the Greys, the end. :(