main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    I love Macho Man when it came to the whole Savage Vs. Hogan feuds in WCW I was on Team Savage. Speaking of WCW anyone else miss it?

2. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    The poster for WCW's Halloween Havoc 1992 when Sting was still Blonde. I actually still have a toy of him when he dressed that way:
    [​IMG]

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    In don't really miss WCW.
    I barely watched it anyway and it went very downhill towards the end.

Had some good stuff during the Monday Night Wars for sure, but the Attitude Era for WWE is still the best.

TNA has done many similar things to WCW, but I think it still has some life. I'd actually prefer it become bigger because WWE might make itself better if it felt threatened.

4. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Well for me in all honesty I think I was watching WCW first before me and my older brother caught wind of WWE and Monday Night Raw. I forget how it went once we realized WWE existed because I can't remember much of that particular time of my life I think we may have tried flipping back and forth watching both WCW and WWE. But I do def. remember we were watching during the DX days with X-Pac, New Age Outlaws and etc. I think even back then as it is now for me I didn't see wrestling I had to choose between i just saw pro wrestling and I enjoyed watching both. But I have lots of love for WCW which is why I love the fact WWE released a Goldberg DVD along with releasing various DVDs in relation to WCW like the best of certain PPVs. I would love to somehow get my hands on all the episodes of WCW Monday Nitro.

5. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I have to mention before I forget but I just got some new wrestling DVDs I got the new Goldberg DVD and Starrcade the essential collection.

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    So I've mentioned before that I'm signed up for WWE Text alerts on my phone (apparently they come through just fine on a flip phone), and I got an alert from WWE stating that Triple H had a 'concussion' from Big Show knocking him out and there was the possiblity of an 'arrest warrant' out for Show.

7. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Yeah I heard about that already when I checked out the website a few days ago in all honesty I kind of laughed at it. I guess for me it can be kind of funny to see things like an arrest going on in pro wrestling when you know its not a legit arrest.

And so far enjoying the Goldberg DVD its been so long since I have seen matches with Goldberg and I kind of forgot he was 173-0 in his undefeated streak till he was defeated in a controversial way against Kevin Nash.

8. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Best WCW moment: THE FINGERPOKE OF DOOM!
    [​IMG]

9. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Just asking out of curiousity but this is just an idea but what if WWE or any wrestling organization out there did this thing thats similar to what other sports like football, baseball and etc do. Just a thought and it may be one that sounds better in my head then saying out loud but what if instead of several PPVs a year and I will just use a good example of what I mean what if WWE instead of doing several PPVs a year they just had Wrestlemania there biggest PPV ever as there only PPV they did and just did the Raw and Smackdowns and did big title matches during there Raws or Smackdowns? I hope my thought came across okay and I do understand most answer might be they might not make as much money if they did it that way but its just a thought and i was curious on others thoughts. so thoughts?

10. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Just asking out of curiousity but this is just an idea but what if WWE or any wrestling organization out there did this thing thats similar to what other sports like football, baseball and etc do. Just a thought and it may be one that sounds better in my head then saying out loud but what if instead of several PPVs a year and I will just use a good example of what I mean what if WWE instead of doing several PPVs a year they just had Wrestlemania there biggest PPV ever as there only PPV they did and just did the Raw and Smackdowns and did big title matches during there Raws or Smackdowns? I hope my thought came across okay and I do understand most answer might be they might not make as much money if they did it that way but its just a thought and i was curious on others thoughts. so thoughts?

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Nail in it's coffin, if you ask me.

Frank T. likes this.
  12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Dusty Rhodes turns 68 today.

Edit: Old School Attitude Era:

13. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    So with The Rhodes in WWE as a tag team who now would love to see them become tag team champions? Lets be honest them as tag team makes the tag team division seem exciting again.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    TBH, I'd like to see The Shield hold the tag titles until at least either Survivor Series or TLC before there's a switch.

15. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    But I don't wanna make it seem like they are a really great tag team because of how long they been champions. I mean they are a great tag team but the like Dean Ambrose have only held there titles for as long as they have because WWE hasn't really pushed any big rivalries with those titles.

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    True, and that's been the WWE's problem with all it's divisions for awhile now. Maybe I'm a bit old school, but I tend the think the longer somebody (or a team) holds a championship, the more meaningful it is when a switch happened. I'm not saying, like say, let Rollins and Reigns keep the belts until, like WrestleMania, but I think if they were to drop it to the Rhodes brothers at say, Survivor Series, I think would make for a really cool and meaningful moment.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  17. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Yep if it isnt a world title then there isnt any a length build up of rivalries for the titles most of them just seem last minute like you got the title so we gotta put someone up against so we are at least acknowledging you still have the title.

18. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    For some reason I am unsure if Rollin and Reigns deserve to be on the top 5 list of longest tag team reigns in WWE History. To get a quick cap of the article so you dont have to go to it and possibly slow your computer down here is the new top 5 longest tag team reigns in WWE history:

5. Reign & Rollins - 147 and counting
    4. Team Hell No - 245 days
    3. Miz & Morrison - 250 days
    2. The Colons(Carlito & Primo) - 280 days
    1. Brian Kendrick & Paul London - 331 days

I do like Reign and Rollins and they are a good tag team but I am unsure if them being tag champions this long is deserved because sometimes it feels like they are just holding the titles till they lose there usefulness as champions.

19. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Long reigns don't mean much in a fixed sport, just like number of reigns. I notice none of the All Time great Tag Teams are on that list, because in those days there was so much competition of high quality that no team could hold it for a great deal of time.

The Hardys had The Dudleys, Edge & Christian, APA, Too Cool and others all around at the same time as them, not easy to have a long reign with those teams challenging you.
    The division is rather weak in comparison now, I like the Usos & Prime Time Players but the rest are either just assembled singles guys or not very good. I hope NXT can add some extra teams to the mix to make the division better.

20. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    All this talk of tag-teams and no ones mentioned the greatest of all time....The Bushwackers! :D

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013

So you are saying its easy for all those teams to have had lengthy reigns since WWE hasn't really pushed any of there good tag teams? I know they are fairly new tag team but I love how well the styles of Cesaro and Swaggers wrestlings styles really compliment each other. They seem really dominant and in my opinion give any tag team in WWE a run for there money. My fav. parts is when Cesaro does the big swing on his opponent for many spins and once he is done he doesn't appear dizzy which takes skill to not because a move like that would make both people dizzy.

22. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    GOLD DUST tag Champ once agian

23. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    CODY RHODES tag Champ once again

24. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    What makes me laugh out of the irony of it all is WWE.com just recently posted the article of Reign and Rollins being the 5th longest tag team reign in WWE History. Actually I think they made that mark on Sunday and now its over and while I like them I am glad we got new tag champs. Sorry Juliet316 I know you wanted it to happen later because you felt like it would be more interesting but I am glad the title has changed hands because to me it is time for a new reign and it begins with The Rhodes Brothers.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm fine with it. I do think the change would have waited a little longer, but having it done as the Main Event on RAW made it meaningful enough, especially since it's been a good while since a title changed hands on RAW, and even longer since it was the main event (in fact I think the last championship to change hands in a Main Event on RAW was Trish/Lita back in Dec. 2004)

26. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I assume we will see an interesting title defense at Hell in a Cell and Reign and Rollins using there rematch clause I just hope we will see an interesting reign of The Rhodes Brothers continue on. Because with them with the titles we can finally have some interesting matches with the tag team division because the tag champions will no longer be the corporate bodyguards and enforcers making it really hard to do anything really interesting with the tag titles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.