main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What things about the Sith should be Explored in Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by nld3, Aug 24, 2013.

?

What things about the Sith should be Explored in Episode 7?

1. Sith History

78 vote(s)
    54.2%
  2. Sith Temple

46 vote(s)
    31.9%
  3. Sith Army

25 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. Sith Training

45 vote(s)
    31.3%
  5. Origin of the Red Saber

26 vote(s)
    18.1%
  6. New Sith Order : Eliminating the failed Rule of Two.

68 vote(s)
    47.2%
  7. Other

27 vote(s)
    18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

sons_of_anakin_tatooine Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2005
    i think episode 7 should do the following. it's borrowed from the eu but in a sense altered.

set the movie 30 years after rotj and show a aged luke han leia chewie and lando also show a battle worn falcon , have 3po and r2d2 be a aged. introduce the black sun organization where they kind of unearth a sith pyramid and touch on bringing a sith spirit back ( think of the scene in the mummy with the book of the dead). wether you want to call him plaugeis revan malek exar kun i dont care but i think that would be a cool way to kick off this new trilogy.

purplerain likes this.
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The movie should take place minutes after ROTJ with no discernible explanation over why everyone aged 30 years.

3. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

Sep 28, 2005
    how would that make sense when the main 3 actors are in there 50's and 60's?

Dra--- likes this.
  4. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    TIME PARADOX obviously.

Dra---, Darth Chiznuk and eht13 like this.
  5. DarthSpaced

DarthSpaced Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 27, 2012
    Don't quote the EU DarthVengeant and make it the end all be all. The EU does NOT dictate what happens in the movies. Matter of fact, your post about how you wouldn't listen to anyone's rules, and you'd do what you'd want to do, proves the NEED for the RoT. Good Job! You prove all of us Pro-RoT'ers' point. You are correct about the lightsaber colors tho. Can't believe after 36 years there is still a question about that. Anyway, look at Congress. Everybody's out for themselves, nothing gets done and the only thing they do agree on is that they hate each other. This isn't rocket science, look around the real real world. And if they don't want that power/control then they are not Sith. Isn't it easier to control one rather than an army of beings that wouldn't listen to anyone and only want to do what they want to do? That's anarchy and last time I checked anarchy hasn't defeated anything but itself. And I say that thinking it would be cool as hell to see a Sith army. Would accomplish 2 things: 1 it'll be a cool visual and 2 maybe then you'd understand the need for the RoT.

The Sith will return thru the kids. One of them, hopefully Solo's daughter, will fall to the dark side because they can't deal with a tragedy or something tragic happens because of them. Remember, it's in the gene's. I say the daughter to change it up a bit. No secret apprentice and no reincarnated Sid/Vader. Maybe Luke makes a pilgrimage to one of the Sith homeworlds to learn more of why Anakin turned and we see temples like Yavin IV, and tombs of ancient Sith but he unwittingly takes a "weak" apprentice who falls under the influence of the dark side or sees things from the Sith point of view, maybe because of a tragedy? If the kids don't become Sith, then maybe Luke's star apprentice will.

6. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Deep breaths dude, deep breaths.

The Hellhammer and Dra--- like this.
  7. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

Sep 28, 2005

8. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    It could be. You never know.

Dra--- and The Hellhammer like this.
  9. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    R2 is in ST after all

[​IMG]

Darth_Pevra, KevinM1 and Dra--- like this.
  10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Exactly. Crossover!

Dra--- likes this.
  11. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darkslayer and Dra--- like this.
  12. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    I don't want the EU. If I wanted that I would just go read it!

Dra--- likes this.
  13. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

Is that for real?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I don't know for sure, I just googled R2 in Star Trek ;)

15. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

Sep 28, 2005
    yes it is real. yahoo did an article on it months ago

16. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

Wow! How was this okayed by LFL? Lol

Lol = laughing out loud

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    It's just a tiny easter egg.
    Don't really think they'd need a written permission for something like that.

18. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    Hate is the key factor in why the Sith have yellow eyes.

-Darth Maul hated the Jedi for exiling the Sith for 1,000 years and plus, he didn't have to hide his presence from anyone so he gets the yellow eyes.

-PalpSidious feels the same way as Maul does but he had to hide his presence from the Jedi until the time was right to reveal himself so hence, no yellow eyes. Once Mace Windu and his fellow jedi stepped into his office, it was go-time for PalpSidious and the yellow eyes came when he electricuted Mace out the window.

-Vadakin is a tornado of emotions after he helped PalpSidious kill Mace. He didn't hate the Jedi but he is afraid that if they sense his betrayal, they'll retaliate against him so he was forced to kill them all. With the separatists, Vadakin hated them for trying to kill Padme and prolonging the clone wars so his eyes turned yellow when he started killing all the leaders but they changed back to normal when Padme arrived on Mustafar. Even though Vadakin was angry with Padme for bringing Obi-wan with her, he didn't hate her because he blamed Obi-wan for her betrayal and the yellow eyes returned when Obi-wan defeated Vadakin.

-I don't think Dooku has fully embraced the dark side like the other Sith have because he doesn't have anyone to hate and he used to be a Jedi his whole life before he joined the Sith, thus why he doesn't have yellow eyes.

When a Sith hates someone so passionately, they end up with the yellow eyes.

19. Luke Organa

Luke Organa Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2013
    I think the right answer would be "nothing." I mean, according to the movies, the Sith epically failed to have an Empire that lasted more than 20 years. That's hardly enough time to scrape the space barnacles off of the Tantive IV. I'm hoping for a totally new tradition and brand of Dark Jedi. I mean, the Sith don't have a monopoly on the Dark Side of the Force, right? A story about the Jedi being infiltrated and sabotaged by an evil Light Side-using Jedi completely unaffiliated with the Sith, a new Palpatine-like two-faced manipulator, would be a very fresh approach to a new chapter. Now, the Jedi have failed even within their own ranks to detect the evil presence. That could be Luke's impetus to explore the Force as neither light nor dark, good nor evil, but a primal element in the universe that responds to the personality and intentions of the user. Thus both the failures and successes of the Jedi and Sith are all the result of condensing their knowledge of the Force into ridiculously limited traditions. I guess this is not new to anyone familiar with the expanded universe, but it can be made to organically stem from the first six movies. In order to reclaim the Jedi Order and the Republic in the new trilogy, the good Jedi have to think outside the box and embrace the Dark Side and the Light Side, without becoming Dark Jedi themselves. The Force Ghost of Anakin could appear to Luke and explain all of this for the audience. So the movies would be about the new Jedi Order overcoming one of their own who is able to be completely invisible and unknown, until the third movie when the traitor's identity is revealed and defeated. If the new trilogy needs a Sith enemy for a while, it could be an apprentice of Sidious' whom he took on after the Cloud City duel when he knew Vader was emotionally compromised in his duel with Luke. But the apprentice would be defeated and the order of the Sith ended forever. A traitor in the Jedi ranks who brings down the new Republic and allows a proxy to rule in his place would work if the presence of the traitor, but not his or her identity, isn't revealed until the end of the second movie. This is the traditional point where the heroes are put in the worst conditions they've ever been in, because the enemy is one of them, the "Phantom Menace" returned. So, the final act of Episode IX would be an epic duel between the traitor and the hero of the new Jedi Order (whoever it is, a child of Luke or Han and Leia or someone else) where the entire spectrum of Light and Dark Side powers would be used, including some new ones, and neither combatant would be exclusively Light Side or Dark Side. Anakin would help bring balance to the Force again by training Luke who would then train the hero of Episode IX. With the Sith extinct, the traitor killed and the Republic returned to democracy, there would be no more Dark Side or Light Side, just one order of Jedi Knights using the Force, good or evil being a matter of individual choice. That's just my take on the sequel trilogy I would like to see.

ezekiel22x likes this.
  20. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    Do Sith Lords wear underwear?

21. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Well, now that rebels is introducing us to the Inquisitorius/Inquisitors then I would expect that to play a role in E7. We never saw them in the first 6 movies but there is precedence for it what with the Imperial Agents from the ANH opening crawl . . . the Inquisitors never died that we know of so what did they do for the 30 years?!?!

Methinks this "new" threat that we see in E7 is the Inquisitorius and other Dark Jedi; perhaps a new evolution of the Sith minus the rule of two. Makes a lot of sense to me in light of yesterday's big reveal.

22. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    worst idea ever in my humble opinion

23. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    So you think the Sith should maintain the rule of two? IF that is your position I think you need to be prepared to be disappointed IMO.

24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm prepared to be dissapointed about every single aspect of the ST.

25. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Ah, you're all set then. [face_laugh] Have fun with that.