main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    It started off as a discussion about how (or if) the Expanded Universe could fit in with the sequel trilogy.

Now... who knows.

2. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    lol... Okay back on topic.

Here's one of those random (whoa that could work and be wicked awesome) thoughts that occurred to me on hearing rumors that Benedict Cumberbatch was being cast (and everyone and their brother going THRAWN!)

Assuming the Zahn books are going to be allowed to function as a stepping stone between VI and VII (big assumption I know) it struck me that Zahn setup in Survivor's Quest the idea that Thrawn was back (I think even Zahn said, "One clone cylinder? He'd have a backup, wouldn't he?") but that idea was never really brought up and used in follow on books.

What if the new movies have a younger clone of Thrawn as Cumberbatch's Character?

Out there, I know... but I thought it was a thought worth entertaining.

3. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    excepr they're not following any plots from the books, comics, or games, as background for the ST

4. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    The Thrawn Trilogy has a better-than-average chance of surviving into the "new" post-ROTJ timeline in some way, but I doubt very much that means seeing anything from it in the actual films.

5. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    what about all those Jedi Academy books From The Jedi Academy Trilogy up to the Junior Jedi Knights series?

6. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    slow night eh folks?

7. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Don't forget the shot of the Super-Mega-Ultra-Yotta Star Destroyer flying over the camera for 30 minutes. Like the opening scene of ANH... except the ship just goes on, and on, and on, preposterously.

8. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Wait... that was Spaceballs.

Iron_lord likes this.
  9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    While it would be a nice surprise if they keep as much of the continuity as that, it would surprise me somewhat.

Samayel_ likes this.
  10. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    i was looking up some trivia on wookieepedia and i found this:
    The first line spoken in A New Hope is "Did you hear that?" by C-3PO (Anthony Daniels). The last line spoken in Revenge of the Sith is "Oh no!", also by C-3PO, played by the same actor. This gives C-3PO the distinction of speaking both the first and last words in the Star Wars film series, going by the order that the films were produced in. do you think this might happen in the sequel trilogy as well because i remember my dad telling me a long time ago, that the films were from the Droids point of view.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Also the Saga begins and ends on Tatooine.

12. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    never thought about that one.

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Which is another reason why I prefer the production order of the movies as the way to watch them.

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I was gonna say Star Trek: The Motion Picture, but that example works too.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  15. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    Filoni was interviewed by HeroComplex about "Rebels" and one answer let me thinking that there´s still a chance that the EU survives the ST

HC: Are you operating completely independently from the feature film group or is there some measure of coordination?
    DF: There is a large effort at Lucasfilm to make all the stories we are creating relate to one another and find continuity with one another. It’s one of the really exciting developments in this new era.
    here´s the full intervewhttp://herocomplex.latimes.com/tv/s...veals-the-inquisitor-talks-up-series-at-nycc/

16. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Those sort of statements are nothing new: what he's referring to is that there will be a much greater effort to make all SW works fit together going forward. It doesn't mean anything one way or another for what already exists.

17. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    i agree, it dosen´t asure anything, but it does state that LFL have intentions to made just one continuity

18. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Samayel, :
    Yes, they're planning to have one continuity going forward, with the new films and TV shows, and probably with the new books and comic books as well. However, that doesn't mean that they're planning to keep the old EU. They just want everything to work together going forward starting with the new stuff. It's highly likely that much, if not all, of the old EU will be ignored/over-written.

19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    But it is a truly expanded universe where thing A in media platform B pops up in media platform C and you're like, "Hey! That's thing A!" Y'know all of that continuity everyone wanted before? Here it is! Yay! (stuff before now, ehhhhh, hey, look! something shiny and new!)

20. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

He was talking about the Rebels show, I doubt he knows what is going on in different departents with different people, in some cases in different companies.

They could/might just scrap the old EU and start over, but they'd be costing themselves money and only creating more future problems if they do that.

21. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    With the story group. all the departments are working together, Just follow Pablo Hidalgo's twitter feed, and listen to the last 5 forcecasts.
    Book, and Comic people are talking to TV, film, and game people people, and vice versa.

22. sluggo1313.

Aug 23, 2013

We'll see how it sakes out. If go back about 275 pages in this thread, you'll see I always though the existing EU would be trashed or continued on seperate from the movies and tv shows etc....

If they want to make less money with less products and products lines, they'll just form a new EU.

If they really want to screw up the property they'll try'll to incorporate some of the existing EU into the "new" on going contunity.

23. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    If you look at TCW, and what they've said so far about Rebels, they're taking parts of the old EU, and putting it into the new one.
    Just look at the new Empire, and Rebellion books, Kenobi, The Brian Wood comics, the upcoming OT mini series from DH.
    Darth Maul Lockdown, makes a change to the Vong. Plagueis might make it into the new eu, because the book was written with George Lucas supervsion, and ideas.

24. sluggo1313.

Aug 23, 2013

They haven't really done anything about Rebels yet.

I mean, if they start playing games like - The Zahn trilogy is still "in continuity" but THe New Jedi Academy isn't - type of BS.

25. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    we will see what happens, I wiukdn't count on the thrawn trilogy surviving, the new Star Wars comic overwrites Allegiance, and Choices of One.
    Since Han is on Imperial center, and Luke, and Leia are with the Rebel fleet during that time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.