main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Beyond Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by darklordoftech, Oct 13, 2013.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    In the spirit of the "Beyond The Sequel Trilogy" thread, I created a "Beyond Rebels" thread. Here other ideas and possibilities for Star Wars TV and animation can be discussed.

I propose an animated made-for-tv movie that deals with the fates of Maul and Talzin. I also propose one in which the CIS leaders are freed.

2. Boba Fonts

Boba Fonts Jedi Master

Nov 24, 2012
    I'd really like to see a one-season miniseries of, say, 20 episodes telling the entire story of Shadows of the Empire. It would be the chance to see again Luke, Leia and Vader in the TESB/ROTJ years, the evolution of Luke into a true Jedi knight, the construction of his lightsaber; Vader hunting him, Xizor hunting him too, Xizor competing with Vader for the favors of the Emperor, Dash Rendar, the Outrider, Boba Fett and all the other TESB bounty hunters...
    I think it would be a fantastic show.

3. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    A show following the deeds of Thrawn. From Outbound Flight up through the trilogy and duology.

4. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    A live action (or CG like the TOR trailers) show set in the Old Republic era, with main focus on the Sith. Dark and mature.

AnakinColodin and Darkslayer like this.
  5. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'd say that the oft-discussed post-ROTJ animated series is a good idea. Besides the obvious appeal of telling more stories of the Big3 and friends, it could conceivably serve as a valuable resource in filling in the (assumed) 30 year gap between OT and ST.

In a lot of ways, I'd rather a production set during this time period be live action, but this would mean that any depiction of the more well known characters from the OT would require recasting, where an animated show, of course, would not (and better yet, it might even be possible to get the likes of Hamill and Fisher to lend their voices to an animated show).

Either way, it's definitely a series I'd like to see happen.

Toonimator likes this.
  6. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I'm hoping for an Old Republic trilogy of feature films, myself!

7. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Thrawn voiced by Tris King in TIE Fighter:

In Empire at War and Forces of Corruption he was voiced by Robin Atkin Downes who has also done voice work on TCW of course.

Not sure who would be best if they put him in an animated show.

8. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    That too :D

Darkslayer and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    An X-Wing pilots series.

10. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Call me silly, but I've always had a dream that Lucasfilm would make a 3rd Ewok film, "Return to Endor," or titled seemingly similar, focusing on Cindel as an adult and her having to return to Endor (for whatever reason). She grew up to become a journalist so maybe she returns to Endor to write a story or something. I dunno. It's never going to happen, but I still like to imagine seeing a trailer with a voice over saying "THE EPIC CONCLUSION TO THE EWOK TRILOGY. 30 YEARS IN THE MAKING!"

11. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I always though a show about Anakin and Obi-Wan between Episode I and II would be so cool, I mean it would be before The Clone Wars, and the Galaxy is not yet in the grasps of Palpatine. We all know Anakin and Obi-Wan start off with a rough start, and by the time we get to Episode II they are good friends as a master and apprentice. We all know later they go from good friends to best friends in Episode III but wouldn’t it be interesting to see how Obi-Wan deals with having a Padawan and see more of Anakin’s reaction to Obi-Wan’s Authority. I mean Anakin doesn’t like to be bossed around, you can see that, but even though he disagrees with Obi-Wan he still respects him. And although Obi-Wan feels Anakin is too arrogant at times he still sees much potential in Anakin. We saw their relationship as brothers develop in TCW but wouldn’t it be awesome to see how Obi-Wan became “the closest thing Anakin has to a father?” I don’t know I think it would be cool though! It’s a ten year gap between Episode I and Episode II, they need a show in between!

I’d also love to see some more micro-series at random parts of the Star Wars Saga. A Series that only covers a small amount of time so future TV Shows won’t delete them out of existence, how about one between Episode IV and V?

12. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    You're Anakin and Obi-Wan idea is awesome. I'd love to see it done in a nice adventure format as they travel around the galaxy on Jedi business, keeping the peace. It's such grossly underrepresented era that needs exploring too.

However, I'd also settle for a Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan series. I have nostalgic affection for Jude Watson's Jedi Apprentice series that revolves around them but I think there's a lot more that could be done in that regard. And if we're speaking of Qui-Gon...I am totally up for a series about him and Count Dooku.

13. Hansa

Hansa Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    Oooo! That I would pay a fortune to see. :D

14. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    I agree.

15. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i like the concept of it, except 30 years of story telling would be hard to tell unless they up the run time from 30 to 60 minutes.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  16. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    You said it! :)

I suppose I don't envision all of the 30 years being covered. More the important stories that helped shape the galaxy following the events at Endor, along with answering any questions which may come up as a result of the ST.

17. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011

Best idea imaginable, and since we'll probably be losing the original series anyways this is another chance to focus on the everyday fighter pilots, whom the Rebellion/New Republic couldn't possibly function without. It allows for new characters to be explored, new fans to be brought in, and a ton of new merchandise. I can see it now, a new X-Wing model sitting on my desk. :D

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I want one made from Legos.

Garrett Atkins likes this.
  19. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    AMEN TO BOTH!!!

20. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    An animated show sets during The Old Republic time would be cool, it has never been explored in movies and TV so that would be a good idea. The show would focus on the Republic. The show follows core characters but also having storylines away from the main ploy like in TCW ( Maul arcs, Mandalore arcs, Bounty Hunters episodes ... ).

21. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    An Old Republic series would be fun, to help get public consciousness involved in the larger galaxy, not just the period revolving around the lifetimes of Yoda, Vader, Luke...

An X-wing/Rogue Squadron series could be outstanding. Action, adventure, not too focused on the OT heroes...

Similarly, a broader post-ROTJ series to begin filling the gaps between the OT and ST could be a lot of fun, and likely wouldn't have tons of Jedi either, aside from Luke and any training Leia might receive (plus the possibility of former Jedi emerging from hiding after feeling the death of the Emperor and/or Vader thru the Force; but it wouldn't be "The Jedi Order & Friends" that TCW kinda was)

22. CommanderColt

CommanderColt Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2013
    Mini series bridging ANH and ESB. When Han talks about running into a bounty hunter at Ord Mandell, sounds interesting enough that I want to see it, yet no so long and drawn out that it would take an entire season of episodes to cover it.

23. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I would like to see that.

On another note, I think there should be a TV-MA Band of Brother's type mini-series based on a squad of clones on a mission somewhere and show the Clone Wars era in a different light.

24. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Theoretically, an entire TCW-like series could be set in that gap, since--like the Clone Wars--it covers 3 years. The Ord Mantell encounter could even be the 'big' story to end such a series, as they probably wouldn't have a lot more excitement or even downtime before they were established on Hoth--which is when Han was able to go "I can't stay anymore". Prior to that, they could have all kinds of adventures, bouncing from base to base, etc... of course, that's currently being covered by the Brian Wood comic.

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    A Darth Vader animated show