main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, that damn spider won't die. [face_plain]

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  2. BOBA-FETT-82

BOBA-FETT-82 Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 19, 2002
    Yes i saw the clips :_| Still it'll be ok, it's more CW!

3. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well it worked well with Maul... maybe we will actually get a good explanation how Trench survived? :p

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    I tend to think that while they may not have intended that episode to be the grand series finale, it still manages to work really well as a series finale. It answered the biggest question fans had on their mind since the beginning (Ahsoka's fate) and it closed with that perfect image of walking off into the sunset. They even discarded the traditional TCW closing music and starfield cut, instead going with a nice, slow fade out, and a nice, somber orchestral piece. An excellent ending overall.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I am semi-speechless at the absence of Hondo, especially when Byph made the cut! [face_not_talking]

6. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009

Found this, seems pretty cool. Enjoy!

7. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Sable_Hart

SWEET! So this was a cut sequence that might have been animated and added to the extended duel scenes in the DVD/Blu-Ray version of The Lawless? Seems wicked. It actually shows Maul's power in the Force that he would be able to throw his former Master against the wall as well. And Savage defacing Satine's portrait with his lightsaber was kinda wicked as well. I'm hoping this scene did get animated, since I'd love to see it in its final form fit seamlessly into the rest of this epic episode.

8. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    The sequence was indeed cool; it's regrettable that we only have test footage of it. The Clone Wars was very kind to Maul's telekinetic powers -- dragging Obi-Wan's Eta-class shuttle and collapsing caves in "Revival."

The idea that he could actually pin Sidious to a wall against his will is startling, quite frankly. And, more than ever, I interpret Obi-Wan's "victory" against the brothers in "Revival" to be the mother of all utter flukes. If Maul's packing around the sort of power that can do that to Sidious, Obi-Wan shouldn't be a problem.

9. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Since its been billed as a deleted scene from the set I imagine it wasn't finished, even for the edition on the blu-ray... Something else must have been added since I'm sure we know the The Lawless is one of the two episodes that will have a director's cut...

10. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    As long as it involves Sidious kicking ass, I'll take it. :p

11. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I can understand you not liking the others, but what's so terrible about Trench? (with the risk of answering correctly, I'm guessing it's the clicking noises)

12. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    This changes the dynamic of the battle rather.

Before it was a foregone curbstomp and he just toyed with em a bit.

But now... resisting and breaking out of Sidious' Force-lightning... and then pinning him pretty much the way he pinned them. It turns Maul from a lower-tier guy who Sidious was always going to crush, into a fierce opponent that we can add to the list of people who, but for the unpredictable fortunes of battle being against them, might have won.

Sable_Hart likes this.
  13. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    I think it changes the dynamic but not to the extent that Sidious and Maul were on even footing.

14. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    I'd imagine that's one of the reasons it /was/ cut. Feels really wrong to me, particularly since the scene is basically "Sidious trashes Wannabes"...

15. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    Could very well be the case.

I've long been of the opinion that the likes of Obi-Wan would be little more than a bug on Palpatine's proverbial windshield. And I loathed the idea that Maul and Savage would lose to him in "Revival."

16. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Say what do you think would happen if They'd decided to leave Vader to his own devices on Mustafar, and both Obi and Yoda had gone to confront Palpatine?

17. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    I think Obi-Wan would die two seconds after crossing the threshold and the duel between the Masters would have gone accordingly.

18. BOBA-FETT-82

May 19, 2002
    I can't say i ever cared for Hondo (sorry). He was an interesting character rather than a one dimensional villain but i wouldn't put him amongst my favourites.

Byph was just a really funny character. A hammerhead Jedi wearing a scarf who's afraid of his own shadow! The animators really went out of their way to portray his fear through body language since he doesn't speak basic and spends most of the episode in the cave on his own. I thought it was hilarious.

19. BOBA-FETT-82

May 19, 2002
    The clicking noises, playing with his fangs and the whole he's a giant spider part. I hate spiders.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Cause he was resurrected

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I won't speak for anyone else, but...while I don't like character resurrections, that wasn't why I dislike Trench.

It's because he's a ***damn huge-ass ****ing spider. [face_sick]

22. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I would have liked that cut scene. I understand that Yoda, Mace and Sidious are pretty much the top tier Force users, but I rather like the idea that they aren't THAT much stronger than everyone else, that Maul and Savage could catch him off guard. Of course, in retrospect this just makes Saesee, Agen, and Kit look that much more foolish.

Still, it's a cut scene and therefore likely not to be considered canon. Such that Palpatine did end up just toying with them and annihilating them.

23. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    My only complaint is that the impact is undermined by Obi-Wan's performance in "Revival." They really screwed up there.

24. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Not really, if you think about it.

Maul and Savage confront Adi Gallia and Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan and Maul seem evenly matched, while Savage mauls Gallia with ease.

Obi-Wan gets pretty mad at that and when he faces off against the brothers again, he's got two lightsabers and some Force-rage going on. And even with all that, all he manages to do is cut off Savage's arm and piss Maul off enough for him to blast Obi-Wan across the hallway and bury him in rubble.

Maul decides to retreat to tend to his wounded brother, not because Obi-Wan won. We see him sacrifice his plan/battle again in Lawless, when he runs to Savage's side in the middle of the battle.

But I agree that after Obi-Wan's pathetic performance in Revenge, the display in Revival was a bit surprising. Doesn't really matter though, as Maul overpowered him in Lawless without even reaching for his lightsaber.

Circular Logic and Sable_Hart like this.
  25. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I recall Maul's survival being heavily marketed. How did that work out?