main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What Jedi will appear in the TV series Rebels?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWars2015, Oct 14, 2013.

1. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    The Story already hints at hunting down the last of the Jedi, We already know that both Obi-Wan and Yoda avoid detection by the Empire, but we do not know how they pulled that off ? The Series picks up 14 years after ROTS ended..........during a time when the Empire has firm control of the Galactic Core and is expanding its power to the outer reaches of the Galaxy.

I think we are in for a few surpises in this new series.........

Both Obi-wan and even Yoda might appear at some point, also Akosha (Anakins Padawan) might show back up since she survived Order 66. General Rham Kota might appear as he escaped as well and some others........

I think Vader himself is going to have to show up prehaps in the seasons final, and the Emperor too but we see him only though Hologram.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Rahm Kota hopefully.

Kyle Katarn. (Although IIRC he wasn't a Jedi yet during the time period of Rebels.) Hopefully starting with him as a stormtrooper, and following him through his defection to the rebs.

Lazy Storm Trooper and TKT like this.
  3. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    You just know Ahsoka will appear...

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd like to see an appearance by Obi-Wan and Yoda at some point. I'd like the rest of the Jedi to be new characters.

I don't know enough about Kyle Katarn to comment but he sounds interesting.

BobaFan101, hlc88 and spicer like this.
  5. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    They pulled it off by keeping their noses clean on backwater worlds with little to no Imperial presence, and not acting like Jedi.

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  6. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Shouldn't we use this existing thread to avoid too much topical redundancy? I know this thread is specific for Jedi, but the other still encapsulates Jedi and other characters.

But anyway, I really would love to see Quinlan Vos and K'Kruhk. And we can't forget the latter's freakin' sweet hat yo!

7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Shaak freakin' Ti.
    Voolvif Monn.

8. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Kyle became a Jedi a couple of years after the fall of the Empire. So if he appears in Rebels, he might be a stormtrooper. And yeah, I'd like to see Kyle. As for Jedi appearing, I'd like them to be original characters for this series.

9. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    I'm torn on this one.
    Sure, it'd mean the show's creators would have much greater freedom with their own characters as opposed to established ones who have a final destinatin already. However, it would also mean that we have a whole lot of new Order 66 survivors out and about in 5BBY. Ideally, some of the EU's survivors pop up or are mentioned, and the show makes its own survivors, who don't make it out of the show alive.

10. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    I'd also prefer originals...mostly. At least for the ones destined to die. If K'Kruhk appears, for instance, he needs to survive--but the only reasons I'd really want him to appear are to broaden audience awareness of him and explain exactly why he sits out the Galactic Civil War. Dark Times has shown where he went to hide from the galaxy...but we still don't know yet whether he stayed there the whole time, avoiding Imperial notice because it was such a backwater, or where/when he emerged from hiding decades later to join Luke's NJO (or if it was even within Luke's lifetime that he rejoined the Jedi). Those explanations are probably better saved for the comics, but I suppose they could explain it away in the show, too (at least up to his decision to avoid the war & the Jedi-hunters). Not sure they'll ever really explain when he emerged from hiding & rejoined the Jedi (unless they already did and I missed it)

But for cannon-fodder Jedi and/or potential characters akin to Ahsoka who could survive the series, I'd prefer originals. Leaves their fates up in the air WITHOUT potentially further trampling EU stories like we might get with K'Kruhk or Shaak Ti.

edit: yes, new characters means even more Order 66 survivors, but it can't be emphasized enough--it's still a very small number compared to how many Jedi were alive just before Order 66 was given. A couple hundred (tops; the actual list of EU survivors is probably more like 'dozens' if all tallied up, I think) is still a tiny amount compared to the ~8,000 alive before 66, and they're spread across an entire galaxy. And I'm not sure it's confirmed that the ~8,000 included Padawans & Younglings, or if it was just 8k Knights & Masters.

Circular Logic likes this.
  11. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Of the more well knowns, Kento Marek, Bultar Swan, and Ferus Olin. I also expect to see plenty of OC's, tho.

12. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Unless they retcon it, Bultar Swan already died in the PURGE one-shot.

13. CT1138

Sep 4, 2013
    Ah. I was looking at the Wookieepedia page and it said she survived Order 66, so I put her up there.

14. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    She died a few weeks after Order 66.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Such an excellent comic.

15. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010

podjazd likes this.
  16. CT1138

Sep 4, 2013
    We could, perhaps, see an animated form of that comic, like we did the Slaves of the Republic comic from TCW.

17. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Quinlan is the one jedi I'd surely love to see in Rebels. If we go along the comics, his son Korto would be also a teenager by 6BBY....

18. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Bultar Swan exemplified everything wrong with the Jedi. So married to the code that she couldn't see sometimes there is a time to kill. She had the chance to end Vader right there, and blew it... because "it's not the Jedi way".

Vialco likes this.
  19. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    But by killing Vader in cold blood, like Koffi attempted (emphasis on attempted), Bultar would have forsaken everything that made her a Jedi. She never had an opportunity to actually kill Vader: he was playing them all for a fool. Koffi bought it, however, and well all saw what happened to him.

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I don't think that many familiar jedi will appear- and those that will are probably new characters. Ahsoka is probably in but she is technically not jedi anymore. Shaak Ti is possible if they are not going to totally non-canonize TFU. (I'm not really expecting to see Rahm Kota or Kazdan Paratus from TFU either) Barriss Offee could technically survive somehow if she managed to escape from the Republic prison or something. Ventress is not a jedi but force-user nevertheless. Yoda and Obi-Wan may appear at some point.

21. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    She has died three times already.

22. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    And....?

23. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    How many painful deaths do you want her to suffer? :)

24. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Maybe her race has nine lives.

25. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Hey you might be onto somethng, another of the same type of critter bought the farm on Mortis, but was soon up on her feet again none the worse for it. :)