main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Jack the Giant Slayer] Between Heaven and Earth *Updated!!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by serendipityaey, Apr 1, 2013.

1. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Section section. I like how you have them use their last name and then the power when she uses his first. That on the surface their very formal and distant with each other, but underneath their is a familiarity and intimacy. Elleree is also very determined, she's willing to put up with his stubbornness to bring down to the hurt below. There's so much good work. Very impressive writing. :)

Nyota's Heart and serendipityaey like this.
  2. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Sorry, I haven't been feeling good the last couple of days. Dang lungs. Anyway, section three. I really liked how the section started out with his pain, but then it was sort of pointed banter between the two of them. They definitely have a history together

3. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    I love the picture you paint here at the beginning of section four. Everything outside is cold, harsh, grey almost. Everything inside is golden, rosy and warm. It cast everything in this romantic look, even as they're both hurting. He for his men and her for him. It seems to me the last time they meet they did not p;art in good terms. But she had to make sure he was alive, make sure with her own eyes, so much she risked the rain. The kiss...oh, the kiss was perfect and then their banter afterwards. So perfect.

serendipityaey likes this.
  4. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Section six...there are no words.

5. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Okay, I'm a little more coherent now. I really liked the last section. Besides all the heat...whew was there some heat. I'm still a little red in the face. I like how Elleree wants to take care of him, but she's still not allowing herself to think of this as a relationship. She's limiting herself based on what thinks he deserves. Yet, Elmont so clearly cares about her. Just proves how complicated emotions can be and that you do a stunning job of displaying them.

6. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Thank you so much! It means so much [face_love] I'm really glad you like it! :D

She is indeed! And I think she knows it, even if she can't quite believe it herself yet. She's about to take full advantage of it ;) Thank you so much for the review!

Thank you!! I'm so glad you've enjoyed it and it means so much you've taken the time to review. It's such a great compliment that you 'recognized' the character and the relationship right away, I like exploring those romance tropes but of course giving as much depth and realism to them as I can. The opposites attract component can be an important one to initial attraction, but in the long run I think it's important to show the work, dedication, patience and love it takes to actually make a relationship work, especially if you have strong differences! Although I'm only planning on writing snippets, I enjoy and hope I succeed at still showing this :)

I kind of love playing with names in this way, I might do it too much :p but I Love the way it instantly communicates how the characters feel about each other or how they want others to perceive they care about each other. That's so awesome you noticed and thank you! :D
    Thank you! My favorite thing, and my whole reason for writing. I just love emotions and trying to figure them out! She's still so guarded, so scared, but she so badly wants to take that leap and open to him. It's a very brave, vulnerable moment for her right now but I loved writing this moment for them.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you so much to everyone! I'm sorry for the delay in posting, summers are crazy, but I do have this story finished and I am currently in the process of writing three more short stories for them :) Please enjoy!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________​
    ~Hold Me Fast~​
    ___________________________________________________​
    When they arrived in his bedroom, Elmont closed the door behind them and set the lantern on the night stand. He took a moment to shut the side panel, dimming the light that shone from the candle before he perched on the bed, which dipped as he sat upon it. The room was exactly as Elleree remembered, warm and inviting, not overly large or lavish, but more so than any place she had ever called home.

The corner of her mouth turned up as she considered his anticipatory expression and Elleree ran her fingers up the length of her corset to the uppermost tie. She played with it for a moment, teasing him,but then turned and sat on the chair in the corner instead, bending over to remove her boots. The sound of Elmont's punctuated breath in mock-irritation made her giggle.

"Patience," she told him. "This storm isn't quitting anytime soon."

"No. I don't believe it is."

His words and the tone of his voice made her skin tingle and she peeked up at him under lowered lashes as she worked at the laces to her boots. Still seated on the bed, he had leaned back on his hands and was watching her with that same heated intent.

The position he took emphasized his muscled chest and she couldn't help staring even as she attempted to pull her boots off. Elmont had never been bulky but lithe, powerful, with a sleek grace. His shoulders and arms were perfect to her - masculine and firm but not overwhelming. Something like his own confident but humble personality, she thought.

The image in her mind of taut, smooth skin, stretched tight over toned muscled, and how long it had been since she had been afforded a good look, made her hasten her movements and she had her boots removed within a few seconds.

Unable to keep from grinning she rose, delighting in the way his eyes brightened as she stood in front of him.

The corset was next; expert fingers loosened the laces at the top that held the stiff material closed. The corset parted little by little under her ministrations and she enjoyed the freeing feeling as much as the way Elmont was watching, his gaze fixed on the movement of her fingers.

Carefully, she plucked at each lace, pulling, untying....

Until finally she was able to let the restricting garment fall away. She could not miss the flare of heat that flashed in his eyes.

It only took a minute for her to shimmy out of her dark trousers and her tights, sliding them down her legs as he watched and then she was standing before Elmont wearing only a thin chemise that slipped off of one shoulder and just barely skimmed the tops of her thighs.The material clung to the curve of her hips and she plucked at it once, a little anxious caught in his stare. "Your turn," she smiled.

He returned the expression with a lift of his brow. "You aren't done yet."

"Oh no." She slid her fingers over the thin material that barely covered her body. "You have to earn this."

Elmont laughed quietly. "Fine then. Would you care to do it for me?"

Elleree almost rolled her eyes but resisted. Because actually she didn't really mind that either. And at least when she touched him she could let herself believe he was there, he was really alright, still alive and here with her.

She moved toward him, her footsteps whisper soft on the rug that covered his wooden floor. His eyes never left hers, and Elleree felt a sort of strength she never had before - in herself, and them...and the way it was so obvious just how much he wanted her.

As she came near, his legs shifted, separating so she could move between them and allowing her to come closer. She stopped where she stood for a moment, not touching him but so close before she dropped to her knees. Casting him a coy look, she smiled and set to work removing his boots first.

They came off easily enough and she tossed them aside then slowly ran her hands up his legs, over his knees and thighs... Through the material of his pants, she felt his muscles flex under her light touch.

Rising carefully, she stood again, eyeing him. Moving as slow as she could manage, she climbed onto his lap, but sat back on his thighs so there was still some space between them.

The material of his dark shirt was soft as she ran her fingers up and down his torso before catching the bottom edge and pulling upward. Elmont ducked and lifted his arms at the same time, making it easier for her to take the shirt off and she cast it behind her, not caring where it landed, only needing to touch him.

The skin of his chest was smooth and warm, and Elleree ran her fingers over the muscled planes, through the hair that dusted his chest and led down. As her fingertips traced the lines of his abdomen, she felt the muscles there clench at the same time his hands clasped her hips, squeezing. Lifting her chin, she met his eyes and her throat caught at the blue-fire of his gaze.

Heaven help me.

Before she could even think, he was pulling her closer, tugging on her hips and kissing her like he was starving.

Elleree knew she was.

And she knew she would never be able to get enough of this man.

7. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Have I mentioned before just how lovely your writing is? Because I don't think it can be said enough. Very elegant; the atmosphere here is almost tangible enough to touch, and the emotions between the two are so wonderfully conveyed. Just, soft and warm, and wonderful to read. [face_love]

Beautiful, beautiful update. =D=

serendipityaey and Nyota's Heart like this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Squishy/squashy goo, that's me =D= [:D] [:D] Oh, that was breathtaking ... warm and vibrant in the detail, and just enough of that too. =D= ^:)^ I'm stoked you have three more stories in the works [face_dancing]

9. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    As wonderful as always. These two certainly spark. Love and more love.

10. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Oh, such info makes me hot and bothered.^:)^ She is lighting the fireworks and he is smouldering.
    Lovely smouldering, are they going to devour each other, and if so can I watch.=P~

11. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Oh, thank you so much! Such kind words, I really appreciate it. I'm really happy you're enjoying this. Getting the emotions right between them and them tone of the atmosphere is so important to me. Thank you for the comment! [face_love]

Aw, thank you!! Much more to come for these two, I promise. [:D] Hey, did you ever see the movie,lol? Big hearts and hugs, thanks for the comments!

Thank you! [face_love] They've held themselves back for a long time, and now it's time to let go and be there for each other, set that spark!

Of course! That's what I'm here for. More smolder coming right up!! Thank you so much for commenting! [:D]

____________________________________________________________________________________​
    ~Closer To Heaven~​

You heard my voice, I came out of the woods by choice
    Shelter also gave their shade, and in the dark I have no name
    So leave that click in my head, and I will remember the words that you said
    Left a clouded mind and a heavy heart, but I was sure we could see a new start
    You brought me out from the cold
    Now, how I long, how I long to grow old
    __________________________________________​

This, here, now...with Elmont, on his bed, and the way he was looking at her...Elleree could not imagine anything better.

One strong hand slid from her hip to her lower back, pressing her closer to him and she slid her own hands up and over his muscled shoulders, looping her arms around his neck. They kissed, again and again.

Little by little, Elleree found herself sliding closer to his body until she was flush against him, every inch of her pressed to every inch of him. Her knees sunk into the softness of the bed below them just enough to allow her to be closer.

The heated kiss broke on a shared gasp and Elmont's arm tightened around her waist as his mouth dropped to her bare shoulder.

"Elleree," he murmured, sighing softly.

"Mmmm."

As he nipped at the curve of her shoulder, the soft hairs of his goatee tickled her sensitive skin. Pressing closer, she could feel him beneath her, and she could not help herself, rocking her hips into his.

Her own hands slipped lower to caress the hard planes of Elmont's broad back and Elleree savored the heat of his skin under her fingertips. Shifting again, she wanted, needed to be closer even as he continued nuzzling the over-sensitive skin where her neck met her shoulder, making her entire body buzz in anticipation.

The coarse material of his breeches was starting to irritate her skin, abrasive, and finally she pulled back, pressing her palms to his chest and leveling him with a serious stare to attempt to keep him from completely distracting her again from her goal.

He met her eyes, casting her a mock-frown as she moved away from him.

Her lips twitched, but she managed not to laugh at his disappointed expression. "You're rubbing me the wrong way," she explained.

"I've never had any complaints before..."

Elleree did laugh at this, and lifted on her knees, removing herself from his lap. "I believe I had a task to complete, Captain, and I will not let you distract me from my goal."

"Quite admirable," he grinned.

Elleree gave a little push to his shoulder, and shuffled across the bed. "Lay back."

Smiling, Elmont complied, swinging his legs up and stretching his form along the length of the large bed. Hands resting at his sides, he looked up at Elleree kneeling beside him as soon as he'd settled, his expression expectant.

Unable to help herself, she grinned and leaned down to press her mouth to his. Slowly, she caressed his lips with her own, and she felt one hand lift to twine within her hair as he kissed her back.

Too, too good.

Outside the rain beat a furious pattern on the roof, much louder here on the upper floor of Elmont's home. Gusts of wind buffeted the walls but to no avail. This, their haven at least for tonight, was safe and sound against all manners of intrusions.

When she sat up again, she looked at him, her fingers sweeping across his chest. "How do you feel?" she murmured, her voice quieter than she'd meant it to be.

"Quite glad you came," he answered. "And...uncomfortably overdressed." As he said this, he shifted and her smile widened.

"Well, we can't have that." Slowly she let her fingertips skim down his chest to his abdomen.

Once again, he shifted eagerly and she had to bite her lip at the swell of happiness and desire that washed across her. Anxiousness urged her to hurry along, to rush through this so she could flee again - to make sure she was never in any one place long enough to face the consequences - but she forced herself to hold back, to slow down. Elmont deserved so much more...if he wanted it, and she was beginning to think perhaps she could let herself have more as well.

So she willed her trembling fingers to calm.

Carefully, she undid the clasp to his pants. As she did, Elleree looked up to watch his expression and was happy to find him entirely affected by the simple touch.

Emboldened but still trembling a little, she hesitated for one moment before she continued. The light from the lantern on the stand was low, casting a soft, dim golden glow to the room, but her eyes had long adjusted and his body, stretched out on his bed, was clear to her.

This was nothing new; it was not that she had never seen and felt all of him before, she had - but this slow unbuilding of every barrier between them, in such clear light was entirely foreign. Elleree knew it was what she wanted, so much, but still it was difficult and she took a breath.

The last time they had been together had been months ago - late, late at night, in a tiny dark room at the Inn. She could barely remember how it had started - beyond an ache of loneliness and a blur of passion and want - but she knew it had been fast and wonderful and she had left as soon as he fell asleep, with a gentle kiss to his brow and a flare of regret.

But this...

Elleree looked to the candle within the lamp...she could reach it from here if she wanted, a quick blow and the light would be out...but Elmont touched her wrist before tangling his fingers with hers.

"Leave it," he rumbled, sliding his other hand up her leg and back down."I don't want to miss anything."

Elleree nodded and her mouth curved in a faint smile. He was right of course, always bloody right.

She swallowed, her heart fluttering at the heat in his eyes. The light in the room was not bright, but still she felt a wave of shyness. As much as she wanted this, she was not quite ready...

So she bought time, taking a second to fully admire him, his hair tousled, expression ardent but content. On display, his form was near perfection, muscled shoulders and arms, broad chest, and powerful legs then she laid down beside him and pulled his face to hers for another kiss. Without hesitation he kissed her back, encouraging her to open to him.

Gentle fingers explored smooth skin and he gave a quiet masculine groan that made her stomach flutter. Elleree closed her eyes even as she tilted her head back, his mouth sliding to the arch of her throat.

With a light tug on her messy plait, he slid his fingertips along the length of the twined strands, catching the tie at the end and pulling it free. Carefully, he threaded his fingers through her hair, loosing it in tousled waves to spread across the bed. Arching her neck, she leaned up to kiss him again - a simple, slow press of her mouth to his.

The chemise, the only piece of clothing left, was gone and forgotten over the side of the bed in a heartbeat and he was quick to cover her body again. How could something so simple feel so good?

"I - " Elleree gasped for breath as he bent his head to her, nipping at the pulse in her neck. His goatee grazed her collarbone in that wonderful way he had of teasing her. "John..." she breathed again and he lifted his head to look at her, eyes pure blue-fire.

"Ree." He cast her a faint, knowing smile.

"I - "

"Hmm?" He kissed her chin, her cheek, the curve of her ear and the lobe before meeting her gaze again.

"I'm - really glad you let me in."

Elmont gave a quiet chuckle and traced the curve of her lower lip with his fingertip. "I'm sorry I was cross."

"It's okay." Elleree shook her head and kissed his finger. "I'd like to start trying to make you happy more often than I make you cross...though I can't make any promises," she grinned.

Elmont smiled back and as he leaned down to kiss her. "That sounds wonderful."

The knight kissed her again, slow, drawn out kisses and Elleree gasped his name. "John...please..."

Finally, finally he gave in to her plea.

Pure, electric sensation created a haze of shared pleasure around them and everything came together in one perfect, undeniable moment.

Afterward, Elleree gave a shaky breath but kept him close, arms circled around him as she let the last waves of bliss wash across her and begin to ebb.

They laid together, time meaningless, slipping away unheeded, as they held each other.

Love and joy swelled deep within her chest, and Elleree felt a tear slip from beneath closed eyelids to slide across her cheek. In the next moment, Elmont lifted his head to trace the path of the tear with his lips, but he did not speak.

Nothing about this felt real to Elleree, but slowly the world came back to her, proving to her that it was - the sound of the falling rain on the roof, the dim glow of the lantern on the bedside table, and Elmont...the entirety of his presence.

At some point he moved away, but she did not recall when. He maneuvered them underneath the heavy blankets, never losing his hold on her, and as soon as they were settled he pulled her tight against his chest, his arms wrapped securely around her, without even bothering to blow out the candle in the lantern. It would burn out, eventually, on its own. And it seemed he was unwilling to let go of her for even a second.

Elleree could not remember ever feeling this happy before, or even imagining a feeling like this existed and she made a silent vow to herself to fight for it, do whatever was necessary to keep this flame alive, no matter how challenging it seemed.

This was the last thought she had before she succumbed to sleep, content and sheltered in Elmont's embrace.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, lands it is a wonder I can type coherently. I feel like one gooey mess. =D= You write this kind of scene splendidly, just splendidly. @};- Your Elleree reminds me of Mara in many ways... [face_thinking] If you felt inclined, your L/M would blow us 'shippers right out of the water. ^:)^

13. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    All of my warm and happy feelings are devoted to this update. Just . . . soft and sweet and so very lovely, again. [face_love]

I second the gooey mess emotion right now. [face_laugh][face_love]

14. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Elleree is a lot like Mara in many ways! Very guarded, but a special brand of fire :) Elleree has a lot of sweet in her too, she just needs to be encouraged to show it. I did, sometime want to do a L/M oneshot for my Jedi Don't Cuddle series, so I will definitely keep it on the list, though the thought is daunting! I shall try, though ;) I'm so happy you like it, there's a lot of mush in this story, and I'm worried it will get boring but I've loved writing them opening up to each other in this way. Thank you so much for leaving a review! [:D]

Yay! I'm happy :D So glad you liked it, I really enjoyed writing it. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, it means a lot to me [:D]

AN: Next morning coming up! Lots more to come, I'm still writing these two together, hope it's enjoyed. Let me know what you think!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

~A New Light~​

When Elmont woke, streams of gray pre-dawn light only just beginning to filter through the dusty windows, she was still in his arms and he could not help the quiet, contented sigh that escaped him.

Every other time she had come to him, ended up here...every other time he had given in to her and his own desire - which had not been often - she'd been long gone before the bright light of morning could cast the pall of regret over their indiscretions.

But now, this time, she seemed in no hurry to go anywhere at all. In fact, she was sound asleep, small and warm, curled up at his side with her head nestled against his shoulder.

And it felt...nice.

Under his thick blanket her hand rested on his stomach and one of her legs was crossed with his. The press of soft skin all along his side and down, from her thigh to her ankle, was a delicious feeling against him and it called to mind a host of other sensations that stirred both his body and his heart.

Odd though, he couldn't help thinking to himself. It had never felt quite like this before - quite so intimate. But then he'd never seen that look in her eyes before last night. Honest worry that had given way to relief and...gratefulness, utter happiness, when she'd touched him.

This side of Elleree, soft and vulnerable - he wasn't sure if he'd ever even considered it existed within her. So often she seemed hard as stone - a necessity, he knew, from the challenges she had faced her entire life. If pressed he would have to admit he'd always admired her strength and tenacity but it seemed futile to go searching or hoping for anything more, anything deeper.

Elmont had known her a long, long time, and it was true he knew how to make her smile, and he knew what would make her sigh his name... But never had he seen her so happy to see him or so eager to stay. Never had he let himself believe she cared that deeply for him.

Until last night.

Perhaps still waters did in fact run deep. While he'd not seen her mask of calm slip even once before, her emotions, her very essence had seemed to be pouring out of her from the moment she'd walked in his door to see if he was alright, later when she'd tumbled him to the bed and even more so when she'd completely come apart in his arms. More than he'd ever let himself imagine from her.

And he liked that very, very much.

Quietly, careful not to move too much, he shifted just enough so he could look at her face. A mass of auburn tresses were loose over his shoulder, down her back and everywhere, and he lifted one hand to brush the strands away from her face so they fell back to tickle his bicep. In the dim, pale light her hair was a soft shade of brown, streaked with honey highlights, but he knew - in fact, he could recall quite easily - how when it caught the sun it shined a fiery gold-red.

The expression on her face was relaxed, open, beautiful... But she was still sound asleep and he did not wish to disturb her.

So instead of what he wanted to do, which would most certainly rouse her, he settled back into the comfort of his bed, keeping her close to his side. Elmont did not think he would fall back asleep as he was accustomed to rising at first light, but it did not matter. He had every intention of enjoying this moment of holding the woman he cared for to its fullest.

He settled on his back, taking care to keep her close and not jostle her, and let his eyes slide shut. The light that infused his modest room was still quite dim; he thought it must still be overcast and grey outside but he could no longer hear the wind and the rain raging.

It was a simple thing to slip into the peaceful quietness of the moment. The awareness of his senses and thoughts centered on the slow steady rhythm of each breath she took, the expelled air fluttering lightly across his chest and the small movement of her body. He sighed deeply to himself, blissfully content, and wondered if there was any way this could possibly last. Elleree had always been careful to keep a cautious distance between them in the past, but this...this had been different.

The very idea that she had come out here on her own initiative, for the clear purpose of seeing to him...out of obvious care and concern...well it sent some crazy ideas whirling in his head.

Elmont didn't give a damn about the 'noble' British class system. The measure of a man - or woman - he'd found, had little to do with one's social status at birth. Rules were important, and it was his duty to uphold the law to no end, but he had his own personal code of honor - it included respect and discipline and compassion and had nothing to do with how much money one had.

It was true, that Elleree had trouble with following the tenets of the law, but he had seen her good heart and her true intentions - and he did not think her law breaking had ever come from a place of disrespect... And she'd always served her sentence of community service - the times he'd caught her - with the utmost enthusiasm.

People might talk. But Elmont did not care. If he chose to pursue a courtship with Elleree, it was no one else's business. His reasons would be true and the only thing that mattered was that Elleree knew this. Of course now there was Jack and Isabelle, as well. If ever the rules of class had been tossed right out the window...

Elmont knew then, if the woman sleeping at his side wanted him, he would not let anything stand in the way of that.

So the only thing he needed to figure out was if she really wanted him...

At that moment, Elleree snuggled closer, her lips inadvertently brushing his bare chest as she pressed her face into him, her affection and contentedness shining through even in sleep.

He was beginning to think she might.

Relaxed as he was, Elmont had no idea how much time had passed, but he was drawn out of his semi-meditation by Elleree shifting sleepily at his side as she woke.

Opening his eyes, he blinked a few times as the light in the room was much lighter, sunlight trying to fight its way to shine through a thick curtain of dark grey clouds. Neither was winning but yet they both made their presence known.

Glancing down he saw her eyes were still closed but she moved a little again and his gaze was drawn to the outline of her body under the blankets - the swelling curve of her hips and the length of her legs.

Movements unconscious, his hand slipped down her back to caress her waist and he turned his own body toward hers.

In the next moment she blinked sleepily, her hazel eyes soft in the morning light. He was captivated and found himself just watching her and the way she moved. When her gaze finally lifted to meet his, the corner of her mouth quirked and she snuggled closer. Gentle, delicate fingers slid a little lower across his abdomen and though he knew the gesture was innocent, he had to bite his cheek to keep from gasping out loud at the sensations she sent coursing through him.

A soft sigh escaped her then and she pressed her face to his chest for a moment before looking back up. "Good morning," she murmured, her voice a little breathy.

As she smiled, the gold flecks in her otherwise green eyes seemed to spark to life, as they did when she was happy, and the sight caused that stirring swell of emotion within him once again.

"You stayed," he said.

"Mmmm," Elleree pulled back a little to look at him, the soft strands of her hair rubbing against his arm. "Is that okay? I guess I was tired. I haven't really slept well since..." she trailed off.

"No. I haven't been sleeping well, either."

Elleree was quiet for a moment before she spoke again. "But you slept last night?"

To her credit, she did not look away when she asked this, as he thought she might've done in the past.

His answer was quiet, intimate, definitive.

"Yes."

Yes he had slept because she was safe, and warm, and comfortable in his arms. And only because of that.

Her simple reply held the same meaning, of that he was certain.

"Me too."

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Loved the introspection and the gentle contented serenity running through. =D= Very beautifully written too. You can tell Elmont is ready and unhesitant about moving forwards :) He tackles intimacy as he does other aspects: with courage and resolve. :D I love their ease and sense of safety--emotionally--with one another. It speaks to a level of trust. @};- [:D]

16. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Nyota's Heart Your reviews are always so sweet and awesome! Thank you so much :D

17. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    When I see them in my mind laying there I see that gorgeous face and that cute moustache and goatee^:)^ beard.

18. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    And don't forget that wonderful auburn hair standing straight up!

19. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Oh, so beautiful. Have missed this story so much. I'm so glad that they are starting to communicate their feelings, even if its still a little bit in code. But it fits with them...and its so clear that they understand each other. And I sense a furthering of their relationship.. Need more!

20. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Hey everyone! Another update! Just fyi, I don't think I've mentioned this before but there is a higher rated section of this story on fanfic dot net, if anyone is interested in more, more, more :D Thanks for reading!

Thank you so much [:D] I love that you think I've captured Elmont so well, that's exactly how I see him too. I think he's sensitive and wants to be sure about what he does, but when he is sure, he's just full of confidence. They've really spent awhile slowly letting each other in and I hope to touch on all that as well :)

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I'm so glad you can picture him, and happy you're enjoying :D Thanks!

Lol, definitely in code! I think it's great when a couple has a way of communicating that no one else completely understands ;) It speaks to a level of connection maybe. They really have both finally gotten to a point where they don't want to lose any more time. Life is fleeting and they want to spend it together while they can, I think. So glad you're back!! Thanks for leaving a review!!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________​

Much thanks to Roque Amadi for betaing, her help was invaluable and made this chapter so much better. Please check out her profile, and her own Elmont story 'Know You Better' in the Jack the Giant Slayer section, it is wonderful! Lyrics in this part are from "In My Life / A Heart Full Of Love" from Les Miserables.

~And my life seems to stop as if something is over and something has scarcely begun~

For some time Elmont and Elleree lay in bed, Elleree secure at his side as they enjoyed the feeling of simply being together, just him and her and nothing else. Finally she broke the peacefulness with a punctuated sigh. "I suppose we have to get up..."
    But there was nothing Elmont wanted, needed more, than to spend this time with Elleree. Something told him that this was their chance, and he wanted to start it right if he could, so even as she began to sit up, he couldn't help pulling her back against his chest.

"Well, actually..." he started.

There was still so much work to do... And he had hated leaving, even for the night, but it was true he'd been working non-stop, with no rest, until last night."I have been told to take the day off."

Elleree sat up a little in bed to look at him, her green-gold eyes sparkling with mirth. "A whole day?" she joked, knowing he rarely took any time off at all, save to sleep at night.

Elmont smirked and gave a little pinch at her waist, which produced a cute little squeak on her part, but backfired when her body shifted enticingly against his own and he had to take a quick breath to collect himself.

Elleree however somehow seemed to remain unaffected by the press of their bodies or perhaps she was simply enjoying teasing him too much to show it.

"This is the first night I've been away in a couple days," Elmont explained, attempting to tamp down the desire that was growing from having her so near and so unclothed. "The castle is in ruins and there is much to do... But I was instructed to come home."

Elleree grinned, propping herself up to look at him. "But who would dare tell Captain Elmont what to do?" she teased. "Did the King order you to take a day off?"

"Actually, yes."

Elleree laughed, but her amusement faded and she raised her eyebrows. "The King...ordered you to stay home."

"Yes," he smiled, enjoying the surprise in her tone.

"And you were going to ignore it, weren't you?" she said, her voice knowing.

Elmont's smile widened and he tightened his hold around her waist, pressing her body a little closer to his. "Perhaps I hadn't stopped to consider my own needs. Until you came...to help me attend to them."

"I couldn't bear to think of your needs going unattended to any longer," she answered, eyes sparkling.

Elmont chuckled quietly.

"Honestly, though, John...the King?"

He gave her a mock-frown. "You don't believe me?"

"I - I guess I hadn't thought about it." He saw her throat work as she swallowed. "The King must really respect you."

Her expression grew stern as she considered him and he almost chuckled again. "And you must have been working far too hard."

Elmont smiled, but her own expression dimmed and she looked down for a moment, playing with the edge of the blanket. "I suppose I forget how important you are sometimes."

"Why, thank you." Elmont tried to lighten the mood, but she didn't look up and he let his hand slide further around her waist. "Ree - "

"I have no business occupying your time like this," she said quietly, turning away from him as if she was going to get out of bed, but once again he pulled her back.

"Elleree." His voice was firm, but gentle. "I am no more important than any other person, not really. And especially not here with you... None of that matters. Here I am simply John, and the only thing I care about is that you are - at least moderately - happy."

Elleree smiled faintly and he gave a nearly silent sigh of relief. The last thing he ever wanted was for her to feel lesser in any way.

"I am moderately happy," she answered his teasing by teasing back. "At least."

"Good," Elmont said. "And if I decide I want to make time for you, I believe that is well within my rights."

Elleree nodded in acceptance, and her brightening smile made her look even more beautiful in this moment than he ever remembered her looking. Scooting closer, she laid her head against his chest, one hand making it's way teasingly across his abdomen.

Elmont savored the feeling of her in his arms and couldn't help thinking he'd be quite delighted to spend the entire day in bed with her if she liked. He knew he hold tightened around her smaller frame as she gave a contented sigh, and his hand began it's own trek, rubbing up and down her arm.

After a few moments, she spoke again. "Do you?"

"Do I?" he murmured, entirely caught up in the motion of stroking her arm with his fingers and the feeling of her skin, impossibly soft.

"Do you want to make time for me?"

She shifted, looking up again into his gaze and he let himself study the depth of emotion in her hazel eyes before he answered.
    "I do. If you'll let me."

A slow smile came to Elleree's face and she leaned forward to kiss his lips, her entire mood seeming to lift. "Does this mean we get to stay here all day?"

"I think so," he smiled.

"What shall we do?"

"Anything." Elmont pulled her closer, one hand slipping across her hip to caress her thigh. "As long as it doesn't require leaving this bed."

At that moment, his stomach emitted a quiet grumble and Elleree giggled. "Your stomach protests."

Elmont sighed, pushing back the blanket so they could sit up. "I suppose we should keep our strength up."

She laughed, the green and the gold in her eyes glittering and he knew he'd made the right decision to stay with her. "How about that sweet bread and some tea in bed?" Elmont suggested.

"Breakfast in bed?" she grinned."That sounds...wonderful." Her knowing expression was enough to make his breath hitch and he wasn't quite sure how they were going to make it through breakfast but his stomach insisted they at least try.

So they rose from the bed, each pulling on enough articles of clothing to ward off the morning chill. After briefly taking care of personal needs, Elmont went to the kitchen to start the tea while Elleree rebuilt the fire in the main room and then the bedroom.
    Because he stayed in the castle most of the time, there were no servants that lived in his home. Honestly he was grateful for the privacy right now. Stealing a glimpse of Elleree as she headed back up the stairs, he admired her body in the light chemise she wore, and remembered the way even after she had pulled it on he could still discern the shape of her curves, still see the outline of her breasts, through the material.

The thought that she might not be so carefree as to walk around his house with so little on if there were servants here was not a welcome one right now; he reveled in this light-hearted, more vulnerable side of her that he knew she rarely let anyone see.
    But he didn't want to think about anything else except the woman who was hopefully climbing back into his bed at this very moment.

When the tea was ready, he put a tray together with slices of the sweet bread she had brought on a plate and quickly headed back to his room.

She was indeed back in bed and Elmont shucked his pants before joining her under the blankets. Together they sipped at tea, and nibbled at the bread. It was more delicious than he remembered, light and soft. The glaze drizzled over the top was sweet but not cloying. They chatted quietly about nothing in particular, enjoying each other's company.

When he'd had his fill, he couldn't help but watch her. Before she could reach for it, he picked up the last bite of bread from her plate and held it to her lips. Her eyes heated, blazing a fierce jade, flecked with shining gold and she smiled coyly as she let him slide the bread into her mouth.

As he was about to drop his hand however, she touched his wrist, guiding his hand back and drew the tip of his finger between her lips.

The touch of her tongue tickling the pad of his fingertip sent a thrill of longing through his entire body and his heart thudded as he watched her.

Slowly she licked at his finger, tasting the sweetness of the glaze, he knew, and perhaps his own skin as well. The thought made blood rush through his veins until finally he pulled away so he could kiss her. Pressing his mouth to hers, he wasted no time in deepening the kiss, letting his tongue sweep across hers. A sound of pleasure escaped her throat and Elmont groaned in response...

...but slow...so slow. They had all day and he intended to make use of that time so as gently as he could, he broke the kiss and pulled her close, hugging her to his side.

She sighed, her body going soft and pliable in his arms and he molded her to his chest. Bowing his head, he let his lips brush the smooth skin of her bared shoulder, and he breathed in her scent, feminine and uniquely Elleree. The memories of the night before came rushing to mind and he smiled against her skin as he felt her hand smoothing over the planes of his back.

"I don't think I've ever told you how much I care for you, Ree," he murmured, pulling back to meet her smiled at her expression, so honest, her own feelings clear, and he lifted his hand to sweep her tousled hair away from her face.

"How much?" she asked, biting her lip for a moment before breaking into a full grin.

Was it possible to be this happy? ...and this was only the beginning.

"A great deal."

Elleree laughed quietly, and he swore he saw inchoate tears glistening in her eyes. "I do as well."

Quietness slipped around them as they held each other, peace seeming to flow like a gentle river through and within them.
    Elmont gathered her closer in his arms, and kissed her forehead before setting the tray aside and laying back against the pillows. Elleree pressed herself against his body, as close as they could be and tilted her head to look at him. Gentle but sure, she swept her fingers down the line of his jaw, over his goatee and the stubble on his cheek. She traced the curve of his lower lip and gazed at him with such unfettered love he felt his heart clench with an immense swell of emotion. Perhaps it had not been spoken yet, but it did not matter right now.

There could not be anything better in this land than Elleree Rowan. Elmont had no idea what to do now, only that he did not want to let go of her, but beyond that...

Squeezing her hip, he gave a quiet sigh, caught in her gaze entirely.

"I never imagined," she said, her voice quiet, eyes shining. "I never thought I would find anything like this - that I would know real happiness."

Elmont exhaled, overwhelmed by her admission and the realization that he had always felt the same. In the back of his mind, he'd never thought he would actually have time to find someone that would make him this happy, or anyone that would want to share this life with him. And he wanted to tell her, wanted to convey how happy she made him feel, but his voice caught in his throat when he tried.

"Hmm?" She pressed a kiss to his chest before looking back up at him.

Elmont shook his head. "I am lost," he murmured quietly.

Elleree cast him the happiest smile he'd ever seen on her beautiful face. "I am found."

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, they did and said all the right things to show their openness and vulnerability and readiness. They did it instinctively, genuinely. By being themselves. And showing each other that it's a blessed thing they're feeling and bestowing on each other--embarking on a deeper, multi-faceted relationship. @};- It was very natural for Ree to come up short at the beginning after thinking about John's important position, but he assured her in just the right, sweet way, keeping things on track. It would have been sad indeed if he'd let that moment get away, not on purpose, but accidentally. I love how tender and open their communication is, at the start. It sets a wonderful pattern. [face_love] !!!!

22. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    So great. I loved the line from Les Mis. Perfect. And it really works with them finally just telling each other what they feel. Since they had loose those inhibitions to find something great. I hope they continue on this path. . :)

23. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Thank you!!!! I'm so glad you think the conversation works for the characters! They've spent a lot of time dancing around each other and not even knowing what their feelings are, but after what happened to them I wanted them to really use this opportunity to come to each other fully with open hearts! I have to ask, did you ever have a chance to watch the movie? Or just enjoying my little fic as is? :) Thank you so much for the thoughtful review, I appreciate it so much!

Thanks! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your thought out comments!! I think they are both determined to remain on this path! Love is worth fighting for :) Glad you like the lines from Les Mis! I loved them and couldn't resist, they seemed to fit :) Thank you so much!

~Half Way There~​

Though desire was buzzing faintly in the air around them, soft and glowing, like a firefly, as Elmont laid back upon his bed again with Elleree secure in his arms, he felt his own tiredness swiftly creeping up once more. At his side, Elleree gave a quiet exhale and snuggled closer to his chest; he felt her breath flutter across his skin and he knew she was feeling sleepy as well.

When she had come to him the night before, her own exhaustion had been obvious, etched into her beautiful features and the flare of worry he'd felt for her had been instantaneous and utterly annoying.

How many times had he told himself to get ahold of his silly emotions? To not let himself fall for her - a girl, a thief, who had nothing she was able to give, nothing to share, nothing she wanted from him...

So he had tried, valiantly, to fight the stir of emotion in his chest, the swell of love he so desperately did not want to feel at the sight of her tired and weary on his doorstep.

But she had persisted; and perhaps his heart had always known.

Oh, how his men would guffaw if they heard him spouting on about emotions and love and his heart! But his good-natured mood was cut short.

Crawe...

At the thought of his best man, grief seized him, forced him to screw his eyes shut in pain and he pulled Elleree closer to his side.

She hugged him back, her arm slipping around his waist tightly as if she knew, and then relaxed again, her breath falling soft and even.

He was tired still as well, so even though a small - well, not so small - part of him wanted to prove how much he cared for her once again, he let his body and mind relax as sleep crept closer and closer.

They had both rested well the night before but that had been the first time in days and days for him, and from the sound of it, for Elleree as well. In fact he had not even slept the night before the beanstalk had sprouted as he had laid awake worried for Isabelle. The prospect of her ever-nearing arranged marriage upset her greatly - that much was clearly obvious to Elmont.

And the truth was he felt a great deal of disquiet about it himself - not only for the sake of Isabelle’s well-being, which he considered his responsibility but because he considered her a dear friend as well. And he'd had a bad feeling about Roderick from the start.

Now thankfully that was all sorted, the princess was happy and happily in love and he was here with Elleree. Elmont couldn't help but playfully dread the squeal of joy Isabelle would surely let loose when she found out about this. He sighed, but still a smile tugged at his mouth. Isabelle was like a sister to him and he knew her happiness for him would be as great as his happiness for her that she had found Jack.

With that final thought, Elmont let himself settle further into the comfort of his bed with Elleree cuddled to his side and let his mind succumb to the blissfulness of contented sleep.

When Elmont woke next he was quite surprised to find himself emerging from a deep, restful sleep. And by the look of the late afternoon sunlight shining softly through his west facing window, he had slept for quite awhile. The second surprise was that he quickly realized he was very much alone.

Fear slashed through him as his heart sank at the prospect of her fleeing once again but it was dashed in the next moment as he found her chemise laying atop the sheets near the pillow. A heavy breath left him in a whoosh and he lay back on the bed, his fingers curling around the soft material she had left behind. Unable to help himself he brought her shirt to his cheek, inhaling the scent of her that still clung to her shirt and remembering how divine it had been to strip her of it.

With a grin he closed his eyes and wondered what she was wearing, if anything at all. Perhaps she was wandering about downstairs naked.

A moment passed, lost in the wondrous image that had formed in his mind, then Elmont pushed himself up from the mattress, swinging his legs over the side of the bed, feeling refreshed and full of new life. After a quick moment of consideration, he reached for his trousers where they had been left on the floor and pulled them on. Dragging his hand through his hair, he left swiftly from the room to find Elleree.

As the knight descended the stairs, he spotted Elleree straight away, stirring a pot of something over the flames in the hearth. Much to his dismay, she was clothed - but as he looked closer he saw she was wearing one of his shirts and he smiled at the flutter it caused in his belly. When he approached her she straightened and turned to grin at him.

"Well, hello there, sleepy-head."

Elmont chuckled and slipped his arms around her waist, pulling her close for a quick kiss.

"I missed you when I woke," he murmured, nuzzling the soft patch of skin below her ear and he felt her shiver in his arms.

"I wanted to start supper for you," she answered after a moment, pulling back to smile for him. "It's getting quite late you know."

"I must've been more tired than I thought," he sighed. "I did find your shirt."

Elleree gave him a quick kiss. "Good. I didn't want you to think I had left."

"Mmmm." Elmont pulled her closer, pressing the length of her body to his and kissed her again, lingering a bit longer this time. "I rather hoped it meant you were wandering about down here with nothing on, but now that I've seen you in this -" he paused to rub his hand over her lower back, sliding his tunic across her skin - "I think I like it."

Elleree laughed. "I thought you might. Though if you think you might prefer me with nothing, we can always try that later," she added, her hazel eyes glittering.

Elmont gave a low rumbling growl and brought his mouth down to hers again but she stopped him after one second with a hand to his bare chest.

"After supper," she said. "I don't want it to burn and I know you must be hungry."

With a mock sigh, Elmont stepped back. "If you insist, my love. What are you making?"

"A stew," she smiled. "With the leftover meat and potatoes."

"It smells delicious."

"Thank you. Just a bit longer, I think."

Elmont nodded and squeezed her waist gently while he pressed a kiss to her forehead. "I'm going to clean up. Be back, darling."

Elleree smiled again, her green-gold eyes lit with joy and Elmont found himself wondering what he had done to deserve this. How strange it was that life could turn so fast. But he knew now that he had her, there was no force that could take her from his arms again.

With haste, Elmont went upstairs and washed his face and body. He shaved the edges of his goatee and tried to straightened his hair, at least somewhat, before he put on a clean tunic and pants.

Then, anxious to be in her presence, he hurried back downstairs and found Elleree setting bowls of stew and a loaf of bread out on the table.

His stomach rumbled at the sight and the smell and he realized he was quite hungry though it was just late afternoon. The only other thing he'd eaten was the sweet bread from that morning. So he sat down on the other side of Elleree and eagerly began to eat the stew she had made. The flavor was delicious, the meat and potatoes tender, the stew nice and thick and Elmont moaned his appreciation.

"Good?" Elleree laughed after taking her own bite.

"The best," Elmont agreed. "I do love everything you cook."

"Well, I can't make many things, but I'm glad you like it."

Elmont loved to cook when he had the chance but the fact that Elleree had wanted to cook for him, in his home, sent that swell of emotion through his chest again.

He loved her. He knew this. And he thought she felt the same but he also knew it would be wise not to push her too far, too fast. Though in general he tried not to ever be ruled by his emotions, Elleree seemed to prove a constant exception. He did not regret anything that had happened between them, but he wanted to marry her, as soon as possible. Not only because it was proper, because he felt he should, but because he wanted to, with all his heart.

Elmont had a feeling she would not be as eager as him, however. She had spent most of her life very much alone, and it would be a difficult idea for her to adjust to.

When they finished with their early supper, Elmont built up the fire and they sat cuddled together on the couch in front of the roaring flames as the clouds began to gather again outside, hiding the sun and bringing more rain, a soft pitter-patter of drops hitting the window within a few moments.

Sighing softly, Elmont pulled Elleree closer, his arm wrapped around her and he dropped a kiss to her hair.

"So what do we do now, Captain?" Elleree asked softly after a few minutes.

He knew she meant with them, with this relationship, whatever it was they started. "Anything we want, I suppose." His answer was simple, wanting to allow her to guide the conversation, more aware than ever of not spooking her.

Elleree took a breath and he felt her shift against him though he didn't sense any tension coming from her.

"I don't know what to do," she said finally. "I don't know where to start. I feel like I don't know anything...about this..."

"I know I think about you every single day."

Elleree turned to smile up at him and he thought he'd never seen anything quite so beautiful. "Me too," she murmured.

Unable to help himself he tickled her side; she squirmed against him and he chuckled.

"Elle," he said her name, his voice low, when she had settle at his side again. "Whatever happens...I know now, I don't ever want to leave your side. I - I was careful not to hope before...but now I hope - I wish for you to stay."

"For how long?" She asked with a hint of a teasing smile.

Elmont smiled in return. "For - as long as possible. There's no need to rush to anything, but I want you to know I want to be with you. Forever, if you'll have me."

Elleree's throat worked as she swallowed and she nodded, her eyes glistening in the firelight.

"But we'll take it slow. Day by day." Lifting one hand, he ran his forefinger over her cheek, the line of her jaw, reveling in the softness of her skin and thinking of everywhere else he wanted to touch her again. "One night at a time."

Elleree nodded once more and Elmont tugged on her waist, shifting her and pulling her closer to his body as he felt desire begin to flare within him.

"We can start with the rest of today...and tonight if you wish it."

"Are you asking me to stay again?" Her voice was quiet, almost a whisper and he saw her gaze drop to his mouth as she leaned toward him.

"For as long as you can."

Elmont felt her breath on his lips when she answered. "Yes."

He thought she smiled then but he wasn't entirely sure as he'd already pulled her flush against him, his arms tight around her body, and lowered his mouth to hers for a searing kiss.

Please let me know what you think! :)

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi, that was wonderful. I too felt a twinge ;) when he woke up and she wasn't there. :) Their talk before and after dinner was gentle and honest and thoughtful. He is very considerate of her feelings and very aware of his own. :D A very beautiful combination. The novelty of being wanted and treasured for Ree is probably daunting, but I know it is also exhilarating and splendid. [face_dancing]

And btw, your fic is the first foray into the fandom I ever had, drawn in as I am by anything you write. =D= Now watching the movie will always have your lines written in there somewhere as missing scenes and/or behind the scenes =D=

25. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Oh a searing kiss, I can just dream about her good luck.:D