main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11.11.11

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by zacparis, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    So here I am, running my 4th Dragonborn, and after wrapping up the Dawnguard quests I decide to go to Skuldafn (Alduin's eyrie) to wrap up the main quest. So nothing stands between me and Nakhrin and the gate to Sovngarde but the puzzle/dragon claw door. Except that when I first get to it, I can't move the circles. I head out of the area to see if it needs to reload or something, return to try again, and nothing happens. I go all the way to the loading door, step into the previous level and go back in to the section, and when I return I can then move the circles and arrange the symbols in the right position. But when I hit the lock with the dragon claw, nothing happens. No opening door, no way to progress. Talk about a game ending bug: my new guy is stuck now in this place, with no prior save outside the temple to see if that might set things right. I'm thinking of heading back out and step out of the temple completely to see if that might fix things, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Has anyone else ever run across this bug and know how to fix things?

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I finally got my game looking pretty much the best it can look (except maybe some more-HD textures for some things) and I'm quite happy with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TX-20, TrandoJedi and Darth_Invidious like this.
  3. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Wow, I need to get the PC version like yesterday. I've put it off too many times!

4. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    After playing a whole lot of GTA V, I found myself longing for the mountains of Skyrim. Just started a thief/assassin character named Heisenberg. I can't believe this game came out 2 years ago now - it's still so damned fun.

5. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I am still on a very long hiatus from Skyrim so my graduate studies don't get ruined by Skyrim ruling my life, which would happen, and even when I was playing Skyrim, I didn't play it very often or for very long.

6. Rauno

Rauno Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 13, 2013
    So far i'm the only one i know who just couldn't get into Skyrim that much. The game is absolutely stunning so i don't know what's the problem here. I loved and played the hell out of Oblivion.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk 2

7. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I just obtained the Legendary Edition, because I wasn't going to pass up on obtaining it, since its been out for months and will be a lot more convenient than worrying about Live and downloading the patches and DLC. So I just might be ending my hiatus sooner rather than later.

8. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    The HD textures pack and a PC that can run it at full res gives some stunning views. Anyone thinking TESO?

9. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    All I know is that if someone stole my sweetroll, no guard could stop me from decapitating them.

10. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I still have to finish the Dark Brotherhood (on the contracts for Whispers In The Dark), Civil War (recently became a War Hero for the Imperial Legion by capturing Fort Greenwall), and Main Quest (on Elder Knowledge) quests, and also need the Thief achievement.

TX-20 likes this.
  11. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I hope your character does a lot of alchemy too.

TX-20 likes this.
  12. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Hey guys... thought you might be interested in my lore-friendly Star Wars crossover mod for Skyrim:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50538/

It was somewhat inspired by those amazing Silof action figures that reimagine Star Wars characters in other genres. Hope you like it!

13. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Did I ever tell you guys how I approached the Dark Brotherhood?

TX-20 likes this.
  14. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

Well don't leave us hanging. :p

TX-20 likes this.