main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Your Least Favorite Scene from the Prequels

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Garrett Atkins, Sep 29, 2013.

1. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    For me, it's probably the rather silly faces Palpatine makes during his duel with Mace Windu. I love some of the campier parts of that scene (like UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!), but some of the faces he pulls are a bit over the top.

Other scenes I have some issues with:

--Obi-Wan's duel with Grevious is a bit too long
    --The droid factory scene could have been re-worked a bit (with some new music)

Order66Survivor likes this.
  2. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    Maybe that's what got me.

3. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    I can't, it's just not possible.

Order66Survivor and Sarge like this.
  4. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    The pseudoromantic scene between Anakin and Padme on Naboo in Padme's bedroom. The music is cheap, the dialogue is cheap, the emotions are cheap. There's even a fire going in the fireplace. How sickeningly more cliche and sappy could that scene have gotten?

5. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Actually, that scene has some nice visual foreshadowing (though I don't know how intentional it all was), like the aforesaid fire.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  6. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    its odd how differently people view things, no way does he nearly laugh, i really like the scene and Ewan is brilliant like he is in every film he has been in, the sorrow in his voice when he says "Im so sorry" blows me away everytime

7. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    I think I agree with both of you. It is a powerful moment when Obi-Wan firmly yet sympathetically states "I'm so sorry" and we transition to Vader shedding a tear on Mustafar. That's a great scene. However, what takes me out of the scene before this is the corniness of "You're wrong! How can you even say that!" and this is where Ewan seems to be holding back a smile. It's just kind of a silly line when we all (well, most of us) knew Anakin would turn beforehand.

8. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!'

For me it's the circular cut to credits in ROTS because it was over :(

Some more:
    -Pod Racing scene I tend to FFWD through; just too long but I love everything before and after in TPM)
    - Dellow Felegates , while serving a purpose in the story , is infuriating , maybe because of the purpose it serves in the story.
    (- gotta mention it like everyone else did; the Anakin-Padme romance scenes are just unfair to the actors, there was no way to win there).

cwustudent and VanishingReality like this.
  9. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    It is incredible how people view things differently. I never saw it all that way.

10. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    "No I'm sooo In love with you" I fast forward every time.

11. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    I hated the love story junk in episode three. Way too cheesy.

12. SkywalkerJedi02

SkywalkerJedi02 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 3, 2013
    When Padme dies, so sad

13. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I'm going to have to say, the Order 66 montage. After going to such an extent to show that the clones were surprisingly human rather than mindless automatons, why did George Lucas make them turn on the Jedi without even a moment's hesitation? It's utterly ridiculous. Would've been better if Palpatine had managed to turn the Senate against the Jedi first, and afterwards the clones start killing the Jedi with extreme reluctance.

14. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    Their true leaders weren't the Jedi, it was Palpatine. He was the one in high command the whole time. No matter the relationships they developed throughout the Clone Wars, they had commands to turn, so they did.

CoolyFett likes this.
  15. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    How are the clones surprisingly human? Their genetic code has been modified to make them less independent than Jango, which leads to them taking any order without question. THAT point is made crystal clear. They're more or less robotic in their behavior, but with the advantage that they can think creatively and are therefore superior to droids in battle.
    That they would turn on the Jedi at their Supreme Commander's bidding isn't strange in the slightest.

- Hold me, like you did by the lake on Naboo.
    - As you wish, my lord.

/LM

16. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    "They are totally obedient, taking any order without question."

Order 66 was one of several contingency orders the clone army was given. The gist of the order is "In the event of betrayal by the Jedi Knights, the clone officers are to eliminate those Jedi immediately."

For what it's worth, in a few of the books, some troopers do reluctantly obey their orders, and a few even choose not to follow those orders.

17. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Well uh, if you read some of the EU novels, or even just the Clone Wars cartoon, the clones do come off as very human. Even in ROTS when the clone pilots are being hunted down by the droid fighters, the pilots clearly are clearly shown fighting for their lives rather than showing a kamikaze mentality you'd expect from a bunch of super-loyal soldiers grown from vats.

I think that, contingency order or no, the clones should have hesitated to shoot their Jedi commanders.The Jedi have been in the trenches with the clones for years and earned their respect, while Palpatine was a politician sitting back in Coruscant. There's no way it should have been as easy as "Execute Order 66" and then suddenly the clones turn against the Jedi like they've been mind-controlled.

tazscout97 likes this.
  18. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    EU is EU.
    Yes, they are human, but still, they are totally obedient. I don't deny the possibility that a few of them malfunctioned and tried to refuse, but it's obvious that the Kaminoans did a stellar job with the vast majority.
    I actually like the creepy feeling of them behaving like any other humans, bonding with their comrades and all of that - and then turning on the Jedi in a heartbeat because they're programmed to do so. It's very old-school sci-fi and fits in well with the sort of seventies feeling that creeps into this trilogy as it segues into ANH.

You're free to dislike away, of course - and I can sort of understand why you think the way you do.

- What the hell are you doing?!
    - Well, Threepio, I've been freed... and I'm going away in a starship.

/LM

Andy Wylde, V-2, cwustudent and 2 others like this.
  19. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    Obi-wan :The flaw of your power is ignorance!
    Anakin: Oh yeah? Well, you hesitate...the flaw of........compassion!

Obi-wan:..At this point, you're just saying random things that sound generically evil, aren't you?
    Anakin: [face_plain]

Thuro likes this.
  20. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    The C-3PO/Battle droid head switcheroo. Threepio can be funny but please... no more puns! I cringe everytime I hear,"This is such a drag." You gotta be kidding

21. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I don't have one.

Andy Wylde, Alienware and Cryogenic like this.
  22. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    I don't mind your view, I think that would have been equally powerful. For me, I enjoyed that they simply gunned down the Jedi with no emotion - it reminds you of the atrocities that occur in a war. Additionally, I felt this was good for the movie too as it really gets you worked up towards the back end of the movie, though I wish they'd spent a few less seconds talking and added in a couple more valuable minutes of Obi Wan and Yoda going beserk on the clones. By the time Obi-Wan does his Superman moment on Mustafar, I really, really hated the clones and the Sith for what they did, and the Order 66 scene really drove that home well.

FWIW, the first thing I did when I got home from the cinema was turn on Battlefront (II?) and invade Kamino with the CIS. I still dislike the clones after seeing ROTS.

Thuro and jbyrd1245 like this.
  23. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I find some of the beginning of TPM a tad bit boring.

24. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    [The topic is least favorite scene, not least favorite fan comments. ~Sx3]

Basically, that dinner table scene with Qui-Gon, Anakin, Jar Jar, Padme and Shmi. The music, the beige, blah blah bla bla bla blah. Even Lucas seems to be apologizing for it in the DVD commentary "Well, we needed another exposition scene here...." Seriously, that little tongue gag was impressive back in 1999, but now... phew. At least it's just that one scene.

25. Derek4799

Derek4799 Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2013
    I really don't care for the fire place scene that much at all. And the scene when Obi-Wan and Yoda watch the security holograms of Anakin in the temple. The dialog isn't that great especially when Obi-Wan say "I can't watch anymore." I feel like they could of done a lot better on that scene.