main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Apparently, pretty well, as TCW ended seven months ago and I'm selling two Maul books at my book fair this week.

Obi-Wan's performance in Revival was the only redeeming quality in that episode, and I admit to being a lot more satisfied with Maul's return than I was at its announcement.

As far as lightsaber duels, there is so much more involved than who is the most powerful Force user, the circumstances of the fight and the physical and emotional state of the combatants, for example. Anakin is supposed to have such a high midichlorian count but he gets his ass kicked in fights because he's impulsive and egotistical.

And in TCW, a character is more likely to win a duel if the writers like him or her.

2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So I got my Season 5 blu-ray today. Having gone through the special features... or rather the Jedi Temple archives... The original ending of The Wrong Jedi was...

.... Ahsoka leaving anyway.

We know that Matt and Ashley recorded some new dialogue for The Wrong Jedi last December and it was thought that was when the decision was made for Ahsoka to leave the Order and up till that point she was staying but the original ending was Ahsoka being offered a place back in the Order by the Jedi Council on the steps of the Jedi Temple. She refuses her braid and walks away with them all looking on. The change that was added was that refusal scene was moved to the Council Chambers and then Anakin and Ahsoka got a good bye scene which wasn't part of the ending. That is what they recorded and added in late in the day when that episode was probably already completed. So Ahsoka was always going to leave at the end of that arc.

To be fair, I think Obi-Wan had a good excuse with his poor performance in Revenge. He went to Raydonia expecting to face just Maul. He was surprised by Savage suddenly appearing, Maul came up behind him and at the same time he's trying to keep an eye on both of them. I can understand why he was very quickly overwhelmed there. Then he spent a while being thrown around like a rag doll and beaten up by Maul. He was probably exhausted/weak and to suddenly be in a very intensive duel with a Sith who hated his guts and had taken his time to beat him down... In my view his poor performance was down to those factors.

Revival, on the otherhand, he was at the top of his game. Knew what to expect and was prepared for both brothers.

3. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Ye gods. So they added in the one segment that made me cry--Ahsoka folding Anakin's fingers over her braid--but I would have hated it anyway.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  4. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I can't remember did she fold his right or left hand over the braid?

You could read some kinda symbolism into it depending on which it was. Did she fold his real hand over her braid, or his machine hand?

5. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

No, that bit was already in the original version, just a change of location. The added bit was the Anakin-Ahsoka talk outside the Temple.

6. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It was his mechanical hand.

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I didn't even pay attention. I'm not much for symbolism, and she could have tucked it inside his shirt and it still would have pissed me off.

8. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    +1

+2

9. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Maul outdoing Sidious.

No.

darth fluffy, 07jonesj and Paparazzo like this.
  10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Exactly. Ventress lasts against Obi-Wan, fights between Force-users are like that unless the levels of power are very far apart.

11. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Much appreciated.
    Ditto. I want to see that fully animated!

12. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    Well, that second feat was done in a state of rage after Obi-Wan mutilated Savage, it's not unheard of in the series to have dark-siders flare up when angry. The ship was really impressive though. Especially since he couldn't walk.

I have a theory about the fight in "Revival" : those legs just didn't fit Maul. At all. It made him too tall, too different from what he was before and it unbalanced him. The brothers were also way over-confident, and I'm not sure that those narrow tunnels were the best environment for those giants.

As for Maul and Savage resisting Sidious' lightning : is it so surprising? Both Palpatine and Dooku were rather generous with the lightning when training their apprentice, I guess it would make sense that those two can take the pain.

cwustudent and SithStarSlayer like this.
  13. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    That's a interesting theory. I'll buy it. As for the ability to resist Sidious' lightning; well, we know Maul was able to resist the Force lightning from the Nighsister Mighella before killing her:
    [​IMG]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also, there's a new Dave Filoni interview in the OS. He has some interesting things to say regarding Season 5. You can check it out here.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Interesting. One thing that sticks out is his comparison of the younglings arc to 80s kids' movies like The Goonies or ET.

I ended up liking that arc far more than I expected. IMO the 80s were the best time ever for movies, and I wouldn't say the younglings arc is that good, but I can see where Filoni is coming from as far as the comparison.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  15. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    The youngling arc was surprisingly dark too. I enjoyed it, immensely, in fact, but I don't think I could have watched an entire show featuring them.

Also, David Tennant as Hu-Yang! :D

16. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    anybody know if revival was put in it's rightful spot in between point of no return and Eminence?

17. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Yes it was for the blu-ray release.

They actually listened to fans on that one! Or they just read it here and took notice of what we were saying :p

But yes Revival is on Disc 2 and is after Point of No Return and before Eminence.

07jonesj likes this.
  18. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    but i don't own a blu ray player.

19. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    EDIT : nevermind.

Since you haven't mentioned it, I guess that the animatic we've seen earlier wasn't restored in "The Lawless"?

20. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I wonder if Maul's upper body can handle self-generation of Sith lightning? Can he control it? Or, is he limited by the metal of his lower half? He may have less mass than Vader, but he doesn't have metal where the end of his limbs used to be.

21. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Buy one????

I don't know if they changed it for the DVD release as well but I assume if they changed it on the blu-ray release then it will be on the DVD release.

No it wasn't restored in "The Lawless". Most of the stuff I've mentioned in the blu-ray thread is stuff that is special features only, not finished or added in to the final episodes. A shame because I thought there was a lot of stuff they could have done.

22. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    They should have finished a bunch of the extra stuff for the Maul/Mando arc and edited it into a long movie. Its right up there with Umbara for arcs that should be edited into movie versions.

23. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    THIS.

Mzukiller likes this.
  24. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

This ^^^

That would have been an awesome move to do. I'd say maybe one day they could do that but I doubt they would now that they are wrapping up TCW.

25. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    It's interesting that Maul's legs keep functioning after a dose of Force-lightning from Sidious, while Vader's life support system was fried.

Maybe Vader's setup was more vulnerable or more sensitive or something.

Actually I'm surprised no Jedi ever tried killing Vader by Force-crushing his chest electronics package. Or just tossing one of those EMP grenades at him that they frequently used against droids during the Clone Wars.