main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Huh, I never thought of that.

New theory to counteract this: Sidious was using Plageuis' ability to keep others alive on Vader, and when Sidious died, so did Vader!

darth fluffy likes this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah, we that's pretty much a pipe dream.

-Shrug.- My guess would be not a single fugitive Jedi had one of those EMP grenades on them.

3. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Improvised Electromagnetic Devices are now pretty easy to make in reality, so I imagine they'd be even easier in the SW universe, where technology is more advanced.

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah, you can readily find steps for how to make one with a disposable camera on the internet. However a lone fugitive Jedi building one and testing it on Vader who would be leading armies of storm troopers sounds like a really dumb way to throw their life away. Yeah it would an honorable way to go, taking Vader out an all but I think 3P0 would have something to say about them odds being worse than the Jacksonville Jaguars winning a game.

hlc88 and 07jonesj like this.
  5. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Pretty good point.

It also doesn't really matter. There's lots of problems you can find with the Yavin space battle in ANH too but sometimes you can overlook things if it results in strong scenes and tense action.

Question: Would an EMP work on Grievous? I know he's a cyborg, but what would happen there?

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I agree that what if questions are alot of fun. I would totally laugh to see him drop like a ton of bricks after getting hit buy one, particularly in that dumbass scene in the Youngling arc when he's just standing there laughing like a moron when Slave I is shooting him up. It's hard to imagine Grievous could get lower.

7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    anakinfansince1983 I had a feeling you were gonna dig the youngling arc more than you thought, glad you did!

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    That's kinda what they did for CEII this summer. The Maul arc was presented as a movie version, as "uncut/director's cut".

9. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Bombard them with emails and see if that works :p

(I severely doubt TBH).

10. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    Whose idea was it to cancel this show and why did they?

11. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Disney wanted to air the show on their channels but contract agreements with CN meant that they couldn't do so. Warner would have continued to profit from a show that Disney would be making for them. From what I am lead to believe Disney really wanted TCW on its channels but couldn't, however they are able to release what was already in production providing it doesn't air on tv, unless they've reached an agreement with that now, but I doubt it. Disney are not the bad guys as people make them out to believe. They have found a solution to allow it to wind down and not give it an out-right cancellation with nothing new to ever be released.

The Shadow Emperor and eht13 like this.
  12. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    In Shadow Warrior Gungans actually use those plasma bombs on him that work kinda like EMP- so they seem to paralyze him bug not to kill him outright. Same could happen for vader[face_thinking] Imagine if Han would've shooted at him with EMP instead of Blaster in ESB- Vader could have paralyzed and fainted.... not so cool for a sith lord[face_laugh]

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  13. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Vader eats thermal detonators for breakfast, an EMP would be little more than an after-the-meal breath mint.

Good thing Vader did.:p

-I think it was mentioned in either the Force Unleashed novel, or the Vader reconstruction book.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Disney's, cause they don't want us to have nice things

15. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Wasn't it equally Lucas' decision? It's been reported several times that he was personally funding the show, and he's not going to be a part of Rebels. He's stepping away from the franchise.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Both their faults then

Paparazzo likes this.
  17. darth fluffy

darth fluffy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 27, 2012
    Trespass reminds me of Tatooine in KOTOR.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  18. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    All the talk about Grievous being inept got me thinking. Did Sidious really want him to be overly successful? Was defeating the Republic forces really part of his master plan? Grievous was a pawn. Dooku was a pawn. The whole point of the Clone Wars from Sidious' perspective was causing conflict. Unrest. Creating a man made catastrophe to convince the citizens of the Republic they needed the security his Empire would provide for them was his aim. If Grievous had been successful in "winning" the Clone Wars for the CIS it would have severely hampered his plans.

19. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I still think Lucas didn't want Grievous to seem too much like Vader, and that's why he's the kind of cliche villain who looks flashy and gloats, but gets pwned in the end.

20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Since Sidious has near complete control over the Republic and CIS, Grievous' competency is largely irrelevant to Sidious' success. If Grievous gets too good at his job, Sidious can feed the Republic the info they need to beat him. If Grievous is too weak, Sidious can feed Grievous the info he needs to win a few.

21. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I think we're coming from the same viewpoint here. My response was more about people viewing Grievous as a "moustache twirling villain". He had his moments but he was not Sith. It never was Sidious' intention to destroy the Republic. He never was a villain who was supposed to succeed, so people who complain about how he always lost and ran away with his tail tucked are (IMO) missing the point of the character's purpose.

22. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Last night on The Legend of Korra, there were four TCW voice-actors: Barbara Goodson, Stephen Stanton, Jim Cummings, and DBB.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  23. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

Nah, we're not really on the same page.

If Grievous' competency is largely irrelevant to the outcome of the war, then there's no reason Grievous can't be competent, instead of a totally worthless joke of a character with the rank of Supreme Commander of the Droid Army.

TCW had a choice with Grievous. They chose poorly.

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Grievous was actually threatening in the micro series. The issue in TCW was the writing, not any intention for Grievous' character.

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I was entertained by Grievous in the micro-series but I can't count a lot of his stuff in it in my personal canon. He takes on too many Jedi Masters at once too regularly.