main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Grand Theft Auto

Discussion in 'Community' started by JediKnight20043, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I believe you can use pretty much everything in this game to smack people around, including boulders and logs.

And XBL can be pretty rough, but it's what I've got for now. I don't have the time or money to invest in a quality PC setup, let alone upgrading what I have now beyond some RAM.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Awesome. A couple of us in GTA IV MP free mode went over to Happiness Island and picked up the forklifts there. We then raced around, bopping tourists in the knees with the forks. Made a satisfying sound and we didn't kill anyone. I now envision low flying and bopping heads with a landing gear.

Spectacular.

3. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I can't wait to get a cargo chopper and play bocce with cars.

Other players would be the target ball.

4. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I shudder to think of the mayhem a Just Cause style grappling hook would cause in GTA Online. I mean, I've tethered jeeps/humvees to a cargo chopper, flown above a target like a fuel tank, gone as high as I can and released the cable. The resulting explosion took out 3-4 target resources in the Panauan base.

I suspect it would be a griefing tool in GTA; tether someone to a car, jump in, drag, kill. Repeat.

5. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Around level 12 you unlock parachutes that equip by default in aerial vehicles.

Around level 12, you learn that parachutes can be affected by bullets.

6. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    At around level 20, you can call in Merryweather choppers to provide air assistance in gang attacks. I've yet to see if you can use them in any other type of mission/job. The downside is that calling them in is - like everything else in GTA Online - quite expensive. So whatever profit you might obtain from a certain job is nullified right then and there. Therefore, use only if you've got the chunk of change to spare or only for the achievement/trophy.

7. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    There's got to be some easier way to earn money than grinding the same jobs.

I mean, if there isn't, then I guess this is a pretty realistic crime simulator, because no matter how hard you try you just can't get anywhere :p

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  8. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Haven't they added a feature where you can use RL money to buy GTA bucks?

9. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    The problem there is that it's real money.

10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh agreed. But I only asked because that'll be how some players get ahead...

11. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I'm just waiting on their stimulus package. I'd really enjoy having a home base.

And has anyone played Top Fun 2 in GTA V yet?

12. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yes, I've played Top Fun 2. Much, much easier to be the runners than the Hunters, especially if you're good at handling supercars. Flying a jet is great and all, but trying to nail a barely visible, very fast moving ground target is a bit of a pain.

13. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I am actually really good at flying and tend to lead my team in Top Fun. Either that or everyone else is bad.

14. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I quite like Survival. It's fun and good for earning money too. There's also selling cars. You can probably find a list of the most expensive cars and where to find them. Some cars are worth $9,000 so it can be a good earner too.

Yeah, there was, but that was taken down after the trouble with lost progress and such. I'd hate to be anyone who bought the $1.5million package, bought the most expensive house and the most expensive cars only to lose it all. That actually happened to someone on the Outside Xbox team though. She still had the money but not the expensive house.

I'm just robbing liqueur stores for now, though only for the achievement. I got killed by the store owner once. That wasn't fun. :(

15. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, Survival is a good, guaranteed moneymaker if you manage to make it past the first five waves. If you survive all ten waves you rake in $20,000. It is by far one of the best paying gametypes so far. All you need is a good time and great cover. As long as you don't run out of ammo or run around like a headless chicken, you should do fine.

16. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999

Yeah. Again, risk vs. reward and all that. More often than not the clerk will go for a gun and you'll have no choice but to kill him and then floor it once the immediate three-star wanted level is triggered. Have a good car by your side and pray that your driving skills are up to snuff. If you find a good hiding place away from cop cars, choppers or griefers, you'll live to steal another day.

17. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I expect Survival would be easier on higher levels. All I can get is super lightweight armour, so it's not really good for much. I do have a Pistol .50 though, which helps. It's pink with the silencer, torch, and extended magazine. I tend to find a pistol is very good. The ammo is cheaper, they're just as deadly, and the slower rate of fire means you don't run out as quickly.

I'm not sure what happened, but I thought I'd mention it. I robbed a liqueur store and the clerk pulled out a gun, so I fired a shot. I don't think I hit him but he did stop shooting me. Maybe it's worth trying if you're still robbing liqueur stores. I have the achievement so I've stopped. As Darth_Invidious pointed out, there's not a huge reward considering the risk. Plus, there'll be the $500,000 so I won't be stuck for cash. Not entirely sure when that'll arrive, other than before the end of the month.

18. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I think R* may still be trying to figure out how to give away the incentive. Part of me kinda hopes they don't; I like the challenge of actually earning my condo, cars and planes by my own efforts.

19. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Finally got my first apartment, the 391k one in the Eclipse Towers. Mostly did it legitimately though I did the replay exploit a few times before it was patched on that lawyer assassination mission.

20. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    So I finally got into GTA Online, and I tried to join a LTS job, but it's not loading. Is there any way to back out of it without quitting the game entirely?

21. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    You could always invest it in the stock market or keep it for a rainy day. Giving the money to the players is the easy part, it's the making sure that some won't lose it afterwards that's the problem. Can you imagine how upset people would be if they lost everything and then lost the 'sorry we messed up' payments too?

You should be able to get back to single player through the pause menu and by switching to Trevor, Franklin, or Michael.

22. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Finally broke the $100,000 mark - just another $100,000 to go! Should be easier, now that I know the best ways to earn cash.

23. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    [​IMG]
    Game over, Internet. You win.

rumsmuggler and Penguinator like this.
  24. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Is that that Hawaiian burger joint?

rumsmuggler and timmoishere like this.
  25. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    So for Deathmatch games, how is it that my opponents always seem to know where I am? How can they shoot me from across the map when I don't even know that they're there?