main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels: What would get you so mad you would switch off and never watch another episode?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Throw in any shoehorning of OT characters, I don't want "Han Solo is Awesome" the series.

And for me specifically, any further demonization of the Empire. I know that they're the bad guys, but let's remember that Palpatine is the evil one, not everyone under his rule.
    But that would be great...

2. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    A song and dance number by Sy Snootles, Max Rebo, a drunk Meebur Gascon, and Jabba the Hutt.

An Onderon style love triangle rectangle rhombus thingy between the main characters.

Too much use of the "teens rule, adults drool" and "teens have attitudes" tropes.

Apophis_, Theo333, Revanfan1 and 3 others like this.
  3. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Apparently you haven't developed proper grammar though...

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Any Kardashian doing a guest-voice. Unless they die horribly and scream "I'm untalented and then I die!!"

darth fluffy likes this.
  5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    "Therefore I Am" being treated as canon.

BigAl6ft6 and TKT like this.
  6. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The bloody Kardies can't be trusted?

(Cookie for ref)

7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    If Obi-wan and Vader encounter each other. Would completely piss all over ANH.

Do not want another repeat of Anakin v Dooku.

mes520, Darth_Pevra, Theo333 and 2 others like this.
  8. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    It would have to be more than once to make me stop watching, but if they treat the Empire as "joke" Villians like they did with the droids/CIS, I'm out.

I don't want to see Stormtroopers slipping on banana peels.

I don't want to see a cackling, mustache twirling, yet miraculously inept Imperial officer.

I don't want to see the Empire as anything less than a serious, powerful threat to our ragtag heroes.

I was kind of okay with how the droids were portrayed in TWC only because it was at many points a step up from how they were protayed in the films. But there's no room for that kind of shenanigans with the Empire.

Please, Disney, let Stormtroopers be intimidating. Kids won't be scared. They'll be enthralled.

9. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    It's not like the Stormtroopers were all that competent in the movies.

10. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    No, but they were never deliberately made the butt of a joke (exception being ROTJ). Even though they were depicted with horrible aim, the characters still treated them as a viable threat.

11. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    If I see Vader be on the show and not be awesome and fail constantly as Grievous in TCW did I will be very disappointed. But even with that I think I'm going to be watching this show no matter what.

12. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    "We don't need to see your identification."
    "What's that? Oh, that's nothing."
    "Close the blast doors. Open the blast doors. Open the blast doors."

Vthuil likes this.
  13. darth fluffy

darth fluffy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 27, 2012

Which one- Trioculus, Zsinj or Daala? ;)

Ryus likes this.
  14. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I could totally see Daala twirling a mustache. Seriously.

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  15. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I think that we are going to see Jar Jar:p But hey now there is actually a chance to see him dying!

I don't think that anything would make to do as title suggests. If it would jump the shark badly I would be disappointed and angry but even more interested in the upcoming episodes.

16. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Very little. Perhaps if the producers decided to make it like Hulk: Agents of SMASH with badly written teenagers talking directly to camera, or if they incorporate appearances from Disney music artists to play live music, etc. It would take a lot of mismanagement to make me tune out altogether. I mean, I've watched the Holiday Special 3 or 4 times. I'm about due for another repeat of Caravan of Courage. I can enjoy complete crap when I want to.

17. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    If there was actual time travel I'd be tempted to stop watching but I would probably keep watching just because it's a Star Wars cartoon.

Johnnie Palmyra likes this.
  18. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I've said this before on the boards I think.. coming from the hard science angle, there is a time travel loophole I would actually be OK with, wouldn't make me mad at all. If you go at a very fast sublight velocity, you dilate forwards temporally relative to the rest of the universe. This phenomenon is real and has been observed by scientists in real life. Any time something moves, it becomes temporally out of sync with the at-rest environment. For objects moving at "normal" velocities - a person walking at 5mph, a car driving at 70mph, an airplane flying at 500mph - the dilation is vanishingly negligible. It can be ignored as though it doesn't exist. For objects moving at tens of thousands of mph - such as orbital satellites, it becomes an issue. They are maybe a few microseconds per hour out from the rest of the world. In applications requiring precise timekeeping to tolerances of hundreds of millionths of a second, taking account of it is important. The GPS satellites for example, need to factor in relativistic distortion caused by their orbital velocity relative to the ground and to eachother, to make their calculations work and give you a position fix.

As I said at "everyday" velocities these effects are unnoticeable - but at very high speeds, large fractions of the speed of light, the distortion becomes very high indeed. At 99% of the speed of light, after a period of time that would feel like one year to the traveller (and register as one year on his onboard chronometers), dropping back down to stationary, he would discover that seven years had passed in the outside universe. Inside the last percent, as you move through 99.1%, 99.2% etc the time dilation goes up sharply still, so you're passing tens, then hundreds, then thousands of years for every year you experience yourself.

Aight, enough of this science lesson, back to Star Wars - this means that if a person in a spacecraft were to accelerate on ion thrust up to high sublight velocities - which should be possible, in a setting where starships have stated accelerations of thousands of G's and can apparently run their ion drives for hours at a time (at minimum) without running out of juice, then they could dilate themselves forward into the future. They don't break any rules and they don't introduce "trek style" or "Dr Who style" time travel into SW. It's a one way trip too... you can dilate forward, but never back.

EECHUUTA, TKT and Circular Logic like this.
  19. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I want to be all principled and say Maul, or a crapload of Jedi just turning up out of the woodwork - but I am so desperate for new 'Wars that I'd probably watch at least half a season of it, regardless of how bad it is.

20. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    I always thought Time Travel was something Star Wars handled very well and needed a bit more of.

V-2 likes this.
  21. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Tropes won't make me turn it off; if I want revolutionary TV, I won't be watching Disney XD. Character focus ratios that aren't precisely to my liking won't make me turn it off. Tiny retcons won't make me turn it off.

No, I think the only thing that will make me turn it off is if it's not enjoyable.

darth fluffy and Mzukiller like this.
  22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    If it is anything like the usual crap on Disney XD I'm giving up. Look at what they did to EMH, turned a pretty mature show into a crappy kid show. I'm really nervous the same thing will happen here - the rumors of the show being about a group of kids are already making me nervous.

Mzukiller likes this.
  23. Tala Que

Tala Que Jedi Knight

Mar 15, 2013
    If they bring in more sith or bring back Darth Maul. I still don't think they should have brought Maul back into the Clone Wars (though I'd stopped watching long before that because they'd already ruined it for me). I mean really, Maul was dead! He was cut in half and fell down a seemingly endless pit. And even if his anatomy was different from not being human and being cut in half didn't kill him, hitting the bottom of that pit should have!

I've already become worried about the show since finding out about whoever it is that Vader hires to help him hunt the Jedi. I'd be okay if he was more of a bounty hunter. But if he ends up being a sith, I'm done.

TKT likes this.
  24. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    If Yoda and Obi-Wan skype.

CommanderDrenn likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That would actually be hilarious.

Revanfan1 likes this.