main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I have never liked the Yuuzhan Vong but maybe episode VII uses the idea of extragalactic aliens- I don't think it belongs to show like rebels anyway.

I think that your analysis of Vader were quite correct. He was broken mentally as well as injured. He was unable to use his true potential because of Padmé's demise and guilt he felt. Dark side is all about selfishness and channeling hatred but Vader hated himself so much he was never able to use the dark side as Emperor who seems to love himself and hate all others. Sidious had kind of soft spot for Anakin at first because he saw himself in him but when Vader turned out to be that pathetic injured guy shouting NOOOOOO- Sid probably started to feel that Vader was a failure after all. Emperor was like "Just forget that woman and get the hold of yourself!" but Vader was like "NOOOO my dear Padmé!" :p

I would like to see the Bast Castle in the show as well as the Imperial Palace. Would be interesting to see what design they would use for the very Center of the Empire on Coruscant since EU really can't decide the looks of the Emperor's home.

2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I always thought internal conflict is what gives a Sith power. Sith are all about conflict. All the self-hatred, the anger, the frustration, the fear, wouldn't it strengthen the dark side, fuel its power? Palpatine laughed in ROTS, maybe because he realized that only now Vader is ready to truly embrace the dark side, to fall into an abyss of insanity, hatred and anger from which there is no escape. Only after Padmé was Vader truly his.

I also don't think the dark side cares whether you hate yourself or others. But then again I've never viewed the DS as inherent selfishness but rather uncontrollable passion.

I took the failure in SOTE as a failure of understanding the nature of the dark side. The dark side is inherently destructive. It doesn't make one whole, it never can. That's why Vader and Palpatine look the way they do. They are incapable of healing themselves because they still cling to the illusion that the dark side is omnipotent and limitless.

But ... it's only my interpretation. Many others are possible.

3. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I completely agree. Vader is led to believe he is responsible for Padme's death. Sidious does this to further Anakin's plunge to the dark side. Anger leads to hatred.......

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  4. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    You'd think if someone wanted to root out people in hiding he'd be more cunning and subtle about it; gathering info, appearing like a charming normal person, and only when cornered reveals hidden powers.

But no, they had to go for an Obvious Evil Clown look.

5. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The Inquisitor is only one part of a larger whole working toward hunting down the Jedi and eliminating dissidents. Imperial Intelligence gathers the information, through their network of spies, slicers, and informants, then they decide how best to proceed. Among their options are assigning a unit of Imperial commandos, should they chose an overt military strike. Or they could pass the information up the chain and have one of the Emperor's Hands tasked to infiltrate, corner, and kill as you suggest, Theo. Or they can send in an Inquisitor—less conspicuous than a commando taskforce, but usually more direct than a Hand—to get the job done. If the Empire needs a covert job done, they have the ability and resources to do it. Our new Pau'an Inquisitor will likely be dealing with things in a more direct fashion.

6. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Am I the only one that dislikes having all these trained force users constantly showing up during this time period? Inquisitors, Hands, Jedi survivors, secret apprentices, Sith wannabes... whatever you want to call them the number just seems to keep pilling up.

Theo333 likes this.
  7. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    The Children of the Force arc in TCW, kind of sets this up, why else would Darth Sidious want force sensitive children?

8. Starwars_1977-2005

Starwars_1977-2005 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 23, 2003
    So this is Clone Wars 2.0

Why come up with this vilain ? Because you can't have Darth Vader go in a fight every week on tv. So it's starwars for TV. Your everyday starwars. Which makes no sense.

I think there aren't thousands of stories to be told in the sw universe. The saga story arc was rather straight and simple. You cannot keep the magic alive with sub-vilains, sub-cheap-plots, sub-animation, sub_writing, etc.

There is no room for dozens of vilains in starwars. No room for pointless rewritings of the myth.

When you see how good tv series have become, what they do with starwars is just ridiculous : both the graphics and the storytelling. They are selling. Hard.

9. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I hope we get an appearance of another inquisitor instead of just, "The Inquisitor". Perhaps Jerec?

However if no other inquisitors appear in the show, i at least hope that a reference or mention of the organization in the show, i just hope that they don't make "The Inquisitor" the only one in existence.

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  10. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Starwars_1977-2005

Oh yeah a galaxy with hundreds of billions of stars and like quadrillions or quintillions or whatever of people, and there's "no room" for multiple heroes, villains, stories etc.

News flash, there are already something like 20,000 storied SW characters. Most of them are EU. There are huge numbers of stories to be told. And plenty that can still be told in visual media (movies and tv shows).

One of the beautiful things about the SWU is that being set in a sci-fi setting spanned across a whole galaxy, there is the possibility of almost endless stories that can be told, and for many years to come, and need not interfere to strongly with eachother or make a mess of eachother. The storytelling scope of a galactic setting is truly immense. A great well of potential stories that can last for decades. It wouldn't surprise me if there are still new SW stories being made come 2077.

The only thing that might get tired after a while is stories centering around the same dozen or so characters who have been in the thing from the beginning. The Skywalkers, Han, Chewie, Lando... if you keep churning out stories following or centering around them their lives could start getting improbably cluttered after a while with things that they did or experienced.

11. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    But we haven't seen Luke pickup a to-go order at Space Burger yet... :p

TCW was already starting to feel pretty cluttered, which I think could have been avoided if they followed other characters besides the big three like they did in season one. In this case, I hope we see multiple competent villains in addition to the Inquisitor.

12. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I like civilized space-warriors, guns are for Indiana Jones.;)

13. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Heh, that scene in Raiders with the Arab guy with the sword was like the answer to Star Wars. The counterpoint. Or maybe just a reminder that it's the real world - forget that Jedi stuff, this ain't Star Wars.

(Actually, there was to have been a sword fight, but Ford had malaria and didn't feel up to it, so when they rolled the camera, he just pulled his prop gun and fired. The other actor reacted and fell down as if shot, and they liked it so much they kept it)

14. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    I would be surprised if the resemblance wasn't intentional. Less in a "this guy is totally linked to the Son!" sense than in a "the Son had a cool design, let's reuse that for a recurring villain!" sense however.

The guy lost all his limbs and was burned to the n-th degree. How exactly isn't he 'gimped'? Not even Maul managed to come off unscathed of his brush with death!

I have sudden Sith Triumvirate flashbacks reading that post...

15. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Okay, whoever it was who started the internet thing of calling him "Old Corduroy-Head"should be ashamed.

16. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    As someone who only considers the visual media (movies, TV shows) to be MY vision of the saga, I do appreciate when the powers that be decide to throw a bone to the EU crowd. I loved Durge's character in CW. I loved the Dathomir stories from TCW. I think the Inquisitor will be a much welcome nod to the EU lore.

17. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Gimped in his force power I mean. Otherwise the man has some real problems with his health. That should be his major weakness, not a weakness in the force.

18. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

darklordoftech likes this.
  19. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    You do know I don't like Yoda and his empty phrases very much, do you?

20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  21. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    His exposition lines are fact, yes. But everything else is open to interpretation.

22. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    The idea of another imperial agent is actually more interesting than going directly to Darth.

They gotta save up the big price (Vader) for a later point in the series- kind of like how Palpatine was only gradually introduced to the audience at the time of IV-VI.

My guess is we might hear Vader's breathing and see his shadow coming from off-screen in the last episode of the first season.
    And maybe he'll Force choke someone who failed him in said shot. Again, this is just a wild guess of mine.

Besides, the Imperial Inquisitor might become Vader's rival at some point and then we'll have a duel between the two to settle who's the real agent of evil.

23. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Silly little darksiders always nipping at Vader's heels.

24. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    The inquisitor raises cain for a couple of seasons and be a big bad.

Then he disappears for a bit... until a cargo container drifts into a major Imperial system with a come-get-me transponder pulsing away drawing attention.

Inside is discovered the inquisitor's corpse - and a message. Not a message written in words, but one intended for Vader, one that Vader and Vader alone will understand immediately: Brutally carved into his face with a knife, in a sort of Inglourious Basterds fashion, is a rough approximation of this set of markings. Thus Vader knows who it is that has set herself against him.

...too dark fer Dizznay?

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I don't get it:confused:

V-2 likes this.