main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What things about the Sith should be Explored in Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by nld3, Aug 24, 2013.

?

What things about the Sith should be Explored in Episode 7?

1. Sith History

78 vote(s)
    54.2%
  2. Sith Temple

46 vote(s)
    31.9%
  3. Sith Army

25 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. Sith Training

45 vote(s)
    31.3%
  5. Origin of the Red Saber

26 vote(s)
    18.1%
  6. New Sith Order : Eliminating the failed Rule of Two.

68 vote(s)
    47.2%
  7. Other

27 vote(s)
    18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    LUCASFILM, MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!

The Hellhammer likes this.
  2. DARTH_DEEZY

DARTH_DEEZY Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 4, 2011
    well, what about all the red sabers that existed before Darth Sidious?

3. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Two words:

Sith shoes

Who makes them? On what world? Is there a lone evil cobbler on some hidden planet or a huge factory where more action could be set? Surely the Jedi would want to stop production of all Sith footwear. This would actually make a perfect goal for the third act. We don't need to see another Death Star get destroyed anyway. I say hit the Sith where it really hurts and stop shoe production now!

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  4. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Their extinction. They are no more.

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    And then after getting curbstomped (I love this idea), the darksider will realize (if they survive) that they'll have to learn more secrets of the darkside to take Vader down, which leads to an episode where they journey to Korriban for further Sith knowledge.

6. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    To Sith, or not to Sith, that is the question:
    Whether ‘tis Crueler to the mind to suffer
    The Hate and Anger of the bestial Dark Side
    Or to take Arms against a world of Jedi
    And by opposing, end them: to die, to sleep
    No more; and to achieve immortality
    We end all the various weaknesses
    That Flesh is heir to? A Sith must never
    Accept death, but live. Never die, nor sleep.
    But to sleep, to Dream; of unlimited POWER!

Blah blah blah blah that's all I got.

lbr789, eht13, Immortiss and 5 others like this.
  7. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    Oh, a plague is threat'ning
    My very life today
    If I don't get some shelter
    Oh yeah, I'm gonna fade away

War, children, it's just a Sith away
    It's just a Sith away
    War, children, it's just a Sith away
    It's just a Sith away

Ooh, see the fire is sweepin'
    Our very worlds today
    Burns like a red coal carpet
    Mad Sith lost his way

The floods is threat'ning
    My very life today
    Gimme, gimme shelter
    Or I'm gonna fade away

8. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Why would anybody want to look and act like a Sith after what happened in 1-6? The red saber was Vader's signature weapon.

9. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Because fear.

purplerain likes this.
  10. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Any and everything about Darth Plagueis, The Wise

11. CryGoneGin

CryGoneGin Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 28, 2013
    Following up on my post in the Casting Rumors thread, I think it would be almost brilliant to give us a more quirky, non-stereotypical Sith Lord. Like, maybe a Sith with an off-beat voice, or a charming and charismatic personality contrasting with his evil actions. Heck, maybe even a female Sith who actually uses her beauty as a weapon in her crusade.

12. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  13. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    A new Sith villain, if there is one, would do well to heed these words. Put another way:

"Dream big... Live big... Love Hate big... Fall to your death down a giant ******* hole."

Okay, everything but the last part. :p

Darkslayer likes this.
  14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I want to learn how to cook like a Sith.

15. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    This whole "Rule of Two" thing has gotten way out of hand.

It was never supposed to be a "rule." It's not a written rule, despite what the EU says. Lucas says that the fact there are always just two, is simply just the nature of Sith. It's just what happens when you have overwhelmingly evil beings. Lucas simply says that there are always only two because the most powerful Sith destroys the others. It would be impossible for him to have more than one apprentice because they would just try to kill each other in order to be the most powerful. Either that, or the apprentices would kill their master so one of them could be the master. ...but who? Well, there's another fight. It's a constant battle. The pure nature of how they act creates the "rule" not a rule on paper.

Lucas basically explains somewhere on the special features. I can't remember quite where. Anyone know?

Another thought: Vader never knew about any supposed rule. If he did, why did he tell the Emperor that Luke would, "Join us or die?" He could never "join" them if this rule existed because one would have to die in the process. And on top of that, what would the point of it be to follow the rule anyway? Do you think that the Emperor would follow any rules? I think not! No Sith follow rules.

16. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    To answer the thread title: not neo-Sith (neo-Sith includes holocron-spawned Sith).

17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    How about Neo-Nazi's then?

Oh sorry, thought this was the Indy V thread. :p

Darkslayer likes this.
  18. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Is that a joke or did you actually think this was an Indy V thread? [face_thinking]

19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    He may have been hoping Luke would become a not-Sith Lord minion, like Ventress in TCW.

The EU does lampshade the issue:

The Rise & Fall of Darth Vader
    "What is thy bidding, my Master?"
    From light years away, on Coruscant, the Emperor replied, "There is a great disturbance in the Force."
    "I have felt it," Vader said.
    "We have a new enemy. The young Rebel who destroyed the Death Star. I have no doubt that this boy is the offspring of Anakin Skywalker."
    Offspring?! The surviving tissue in Vader's throat suddenly went dry. Through his shock, he managed to say, "How is that possible?"
    Without offering any explanation to support his stated conviction, the Emperor answered, "Search your feelings, Lord Vader. You will know it to be true. He could destroy us."
    Having fought Luke Skywalker on Mimban, Vader was even more aware of the young man's powers than was the Emperor. But he also knew something else; Luke was as ignorant of their familial connection as Vader had been. If he had known the truth on Mimban, Vader thought, I would have sensed it. Still grappling with the Emperor's declaration, he struggled to find words that might discourage his Master's interest in Skywalker. "He is just a boy," Vader said. "Obi-Wan can no longer help him."
    The Emperor believed otherwise. "The Force is strong with him," he said. "The son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi."
    The Emperor had not said in so many words that he wanted Luke Skywalker dead, so Vader — needing Skywalker alive to accomplish his goals — took a different tack. "If he could be turned," Vader suggested, "he would become a powerful ally."
    "Yes," the Emperor mused, as if he had not thought of that possibility. Vader could only imagine what the Emperor was thinking. The Sith had long maintained their rule of two: one Master, one apprentice. Even Vader knew that there wasn't room enough in the galaxy for three Sith Lords, and yet the Emperor's hooded eyes seemed to sparkle as he said more emphatically, "Yes. He would be a great asset. Can it be done?"
    "He will join us or die, Master," Vader said. He bowed, and the Emperor's hologram faded out.
    Now that the Emperor was interested in Luke Skywalker's fate, Vader knew he had to do everything in his power to find Luke before the Emperor found him.

Darkslayer likes this.
  20. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm still 100% for Sith Laundromat & Sith Coffee Shop or Sith Deli. What do these guys chew the fat about when they're not out Sithing? I'd love to see them washing their black spandex, maybe flipping through issues of Jedi Times and Republic Newsweek, snorting at the biased journalism, or just getting excited over new lightsaber handle concepts over a cuppa or a Bantha & cream-cheese sandwich. The possibilities are endless!

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Oh, I was being dead serious... [face_liarliar]

Darkslayer likes this.
  22. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I don't want neo-Nazis either.
    [​IMG]

Darkslayer likes this.
  23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I would love to have some Sith coffee right now. I bet it's super dark

BADUMP TSH

24. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    A neo-faction is no better than resurrecting a character.

25. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    If they both knew about the rule they wouldn't even be talking openly about turning Luke. Each one would be trying to do it in secret or something. I still think the way the EU looks at the rule is rubbish. It doesn't make sense that the Sith have this rule. I stand by what I said; There is no "rule". It's just the nature of the Sith like George said himself.

nld3 likes this.