main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Snorlax finally stood up. Though he's probably about to take another nap.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    God, I love Reddit. [face_laugh]

3. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Oh gods, so one of my players is looking through non-Jedi Force orders to play as in my upcoming Saga game. Like most of the players, he's had little exposure to the EU, so this is all pretty new to him. He comes across the Shapers of Kro Var. It was then that we realized that the Shapers are blatant Airbender ripoffs.

This is after I convinced him that he's not allowed to play Kyle Katarn.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    "You do not play Kyle Katarn. Kyle Katarn plays you."

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    How are the Shapers of Kro Var blatant Airbender ripoffs? But than again I admit that I only have superficial knowledge about them, so...

6. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Manipulating earth, fire, water, and air as weapons through the Force doesn't sound the tiniest bit familiar?

RC-1991 likes this.
  7. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Pretty much what LI said. For what it's worth, while I've only watched a single episode of Avatar, said friend has watched most of it, and his first reaction to the Shapers was "OMG AVATAR".

8. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Yeah ... it sounds like Captain Planet.

9. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    i'm pretty sure you mean boss names. flamin yawn is the boss of the secret "level ate" in earthworm jim 2.

Don't ask me how i know this.

TrakNar likes this.
  10. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Boss names, thanks. All I could recall from that was the name and the level, but I couldn't remember what the name was attached to.

Anywho, Flamin' Yawn is now a Delphox. They grow up so fast...

11. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    It was pretty amazing to walk through Versailles in a Pokemon game.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Trak, that's because EXP Share is awful. I actually refuse to use it, because it turns out it doesn't reduce the XP of your lead Pokémon at all. So basically it's massive bonus XP, causing overleveling and an easy game. I like the old rotation method where I level everyone evenly, and as a result I'm severely underleveled compared to the AI (esp since I keep changing up my party... only Charizard is left from my original starting 6, everyone else has been rotated out and replaced with a dragon what can I say I'm weak, I can't resist the regality of the dragon type ). Makes it more of a challenge!

I also haven't been using the stat training very much because I'm not much for min-maxing, and since I refuse to evolve to Dragonite I'll probably have major issues in multiplayer but whatever.

Best part? The balcony with the Dratini statutes on pedestals. That made me so happy.

tjace likes this.
  13. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    For those who may not have heard, apparently there is a game killing glitch in X and Y where saving in Lumiose City will corrupt and delete your save.

14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Yeah, I heard.

****, as I saved in the Pokemon Center there...

*grabs game and loads it.*

Okay, I'm good.

15. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Xbox Gold members we are getting Halo 3 for free right now! Yay!

16. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    From what I heard, it's only if you're out of doors, and only sometimes even then. I still wouldn't risk it though.

17. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    On the subject of game crashes, I've noticed that R2TW crashes more when playing as one of the northern Celtic/Germanic cultures- Iceni, Arverni or Suebi. Don't know why, but I've had way more crashes as them than as Romans, Carthaginians, Ptolemaic Egypt, Athens, or Parthia. Had two CTDs in the span of an hour with the Iceni.

Granted, I'm using the Radious mod, but that usually doesn't cause problems.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    RC, have you considered it's because barbarians smell? It's probably an intended feature.

Indoors is always safe. It's outside in the city, particularly near taxis, that the bug has been reported.

19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I suspected as much. I only save in Pokemon Centers.

20. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I don't get too political often on these boards, but I have to share this little fun exchange I had today. I was on our weekly call with our office in China (we have a small office for sourcing products and all employees there are Chinese nationals) and at the end we typically spend a few minutes being social before wrapping up the call. Right before we adjourned, one of our Chinese colleagues said the following with a dash of sarcastic humor

Chinese colleague: "Well, at least your government finally got itself back up and running" (followed by laughing)

Without missing a beat, I jump in and say:

"I imagine the Chinese government is very happy with this news, since they are the ones who keep buying all our debt. Thanks again for that, by the way."

Sure enough, they stopped laughing. [face_batting][face_devil]

Thus ended our call.

--Adm. Nick

Havac , blackmyron and RC-1991 like this.
  21. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Last night when I went to sleep the world was dark, cold and filled with ghostly city lights.

Now it's white, beautiful, bright (and cold).

It's like that Craster chapter in A Clash of Kings but with snow instead of ice.

22. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Yeah even with that the joke is still kind of on the US. :p

JackG likes this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

Now you get my usual reaction to snow...

Send some here.

24. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Yarrr!

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  25. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Yay, Seleucid Empire is now playable. Now you too can experience the fun of being ganged up on and shanked by every major power in the Levant! Their unit roster looks to be a hybrid of Macedon and Parthia.

Gorefiend likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.