main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Zelda Fans Come Hither...

Discussion in 'Community' started by alpha_red, May 11, 2004.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    If the worlds are on different timelines/alternate reality... that might mean we will get different mythologies playing out... unless they go in a similar direction to the Oracle games. I do like the concept of crossing between timelines, a chance to see how things have progressed in other realms. Kinda reminds me of some scenarios from Stargate SG-1/SG Atlantis and it can still fit with the existing timelines.

There was a line from the trailer where Hilda speak to the 'portrait' of Zelda which... for some reason comes across and ominous to me: "We have need of a hero - and your Link is superb."

2. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Some good news! The 3DS XL Bundle is officially making its way to Australian shores for AU$269.95. EB Games exclusive though.

I hope this means it will be making it over to you over in the US, probably be made a GameStop exclusive too as they own EB Games worldwide but don't get your hopes up just yet until official confirmation.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    @Corellian_Outrider, thanks for the news. I went to https://ebgames.com.au/ and it shows that the inside is all gold. I was wondering what the inside looked like. Have you pre-ordered it?

I don't know if it'll be a GameStop/EB games exclusive here in the US. The reason I say that is because The Legend of Zelda Hintbook Box Set from the Austrailan EB games says it's an exclusive (for $250), but it's on Amazon.com here in the US (for $107).

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  4. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I will be preordering tomorrow. I am glad about the news of an Australian release as I was on the verge of ordering from the UK Game website which would set me back approx. AU$300 and not counting the shipping if it does get processed.

Hmmm... the cost of games over here can be too much, especially when compared to the rest of the world. With the exchange rate, the US version of the Hintbook boxset would probably be about AU$112 from Amazon, not counting the shipping costs. Though if I want to get it locally, it be AU$225 from Bookworld for members which is a lil bit more better. Funny how these things work out :confused:

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I don't think anyone else has seen this yet as it was just tweeted, but GAME (UK) have an exclusive collector's edition! It's the game, a treasure chest shaped case for 3DS game cartridges, a poster, and a code to download a copy Link's Awakening DX. You get the code straight away so you won't be able to cancel the order, which isn't great. I'm sold on it!

http://www.game.co.uk/en/the-legend...orld-game-exclusive-collectors-edition-245951

6. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Ohh.... but I've already got Link's Awakening.... but.... my Zelda 3DS XL model... but... I do want that Musical Treasure Chest!

[​IMG]

Oh.... I'll work something out.

EDIT: For those that couldn't go in person, the panel at NYCC

7. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
  8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Hmm, so maybe what I'll do is get the 3DS XL for the system, give (or sell) the download code to someone and buy the treasure chest for the physical copy. Since I already have the original LA (though not the DX version) in physical copy, I think I can justify that...

9. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Okay... plan of action... I'll enquire after my shift tomorrow about the specials happening and if it is possible for the chest to go with the 3DS XL model. If not then maybe do what you, The2ndQuest, are doing with the download code and also get the physical copy for the chest.

10. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Here in the US, GameStop is offering a free DLC code for "The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons" when you pre-order ALBW.

The2ndQuest, are you buying from game.co.uk? According to Google, £49.99 is $81.04 in US dollars. Are you hoping for a US version?

Stupid question, but the art and contents of the game in the UK are identical to the US version? I'm assuming the UK version of the game will play in a US system?

11. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    I always assumed Termina to be an alternate reality because they reused the same character models from OoT. Not to mention the magical twisting gravity defying hallway that takes you there. :p Now of course, Lorule is also an alternate reality, so that makes it three realities. The Twilight world from TP is also an alternate reality, so I suppose there can be a great many alternate realities. An infinite amount, even.

12. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
  13. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Well, since I just spent $100 on the Legendary Edition of Skyrim (I wasn't going to pass up on getting that masterpiece without having to worry about Gold and downloading patches and DLC), the Devil May Cry HD Collection (which I hadn't even before, only heard about), and a Hinder album, I have spent too much already. I can barely even justify getting Halo 4: Game of the Year Edition whenever that appears this month.

14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    After 7 years, Ganon is back!

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000

Hoping for a US release of the game chest to go w the 3DS

16. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I've checked and the chest only comes with the physical copy of the game so I've preordered both the 3DS XL and the physical and I know someone who would make the most of the download code version... all covered. Shame Black Flag was delayed till around then too..

17. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Hm, on the one hand Black Friday is going to be insane. And while that Zelda 3DS does look very nice, ugh, I've just bought the Pokemon 3DS, and I'm probably a bigger Pokemon fan than Zelda fan, but still, very tempted. That treasure chest game case is just adding to the temptation.

Oh well, considering how crazy Black Friday is, I doubt I would make it to a store in time anyway.

18. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Nobody145: this is why I love ordering online. Even with the same company it's often cheaper and I often get preorders a day early too. I also don't have to mess around with getting to a shop too.

19. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I don't know what's coming to the US or not, but if anyone sees or hears anything about the Zelda 3DS XL being able to be purchased before Black Friday, please share that news here.

20. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    It is official now for the US... Nov 22nd, same day as the retail game.

21. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Preordered.

22. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Felt like posting. :b

23. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I felt like posting too... :p

So many references!

Life, TiniTinyTony , Zeta1127 and 2 others like this.
  24. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    That was awesome. xD

25. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Now it makes me wish that the Arwing was an unlockable craft in the Rogue Squadron series...

Life likes this.