main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Whoops, just thought of an amendment to the Echoes of Eternity intro' post plan, if Yav is a Commander:

"My point taken," Jason replied, looking across the doctor to Yav, "One last time, Commander?"

The Elf nodded, "Taab, Josch Decinchi, Havah Jeth, and myself take the fuel depot and energy cell reserves. Captain Fress Colias, Cain Varss, and Jensen Visak fly top cover. Mary Formal, Havoc Neb, and Seira Trasks runs spotter for ground and air forces in the Crusader, running as a civilian freighter in the area picking up supplies from the factories for shipment deeper into the CSA; they act as a quick support unit if needed, if things go south. You, Totter, the Doctor, Winterkill, and Kilo Typhon run the hospital supply run in the new Luck's Gamble, including a food stuffs run too."

Jason frowned. Someone was missing of that list. "Er, what about Atin?" he asked, referring to Security Chief Taab's teenage son.

The turbolift ended its ride, the door opening to reveal their new Luck's Gamble, an ILH-KK Citadel-class civilian cruiser. The old Sentinel-class Landing Craft having met an unfortunate demise two months earlier.

"Oh, he's up here with Nick Skysand and Dr Cook's kid, learning how to make Angel Cakes."

The Captain rolled his eyes. "Yav!" His first officer was a vocal advocate for letting children be children. However, as Captain, Lasso had to measure this up against his Mandalorian Security Chief's intention to train Atin as a warrior.

"What? It's a useful skill set; who up here knows how to make Angel Cakes since Andrew killed the Chef?"

"She was an Imperial synthdroid, Yav."

"But she could cook!" The elf threw his hands up, "Alright fine, Atin is doing the spotting with Mary, Havoc, and Siera."

"Good," Lasso said, stepping out to join the rest of the Mercs.

"We're thirty seconds behind schedule, Captain," Taab said matter-of-factly as he tossed Lasso his A280 blaster rifle and put his helmet on over his head, hiding his facial features.

"You're optimistic, Chief;" Yavscout interjected, "how we getting this thing out the hangar."

The Corellian mercenary captain caught the rifle with one hand and rested it against his shoulder facing upwards into the air and said to the gathered Mercs, "Let's be bad guys."

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    My post is in. I am sure I missed something because a lot went on before I had a chance to work on it. Hopefully whatever it was wasn't anything major.

[​IMG]

3. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay, so some sleep helped. Here we go, my brain is clear and I'm not mad anymore at Firefox.

Okay, in practice the Marauder-class Corvette has very poor information on it in general; its one of those awesome ships that slips through Star Wars mainstream canon and is never really updated. But, with some research and basic math----which I very much enjoyed by the way doing :-B ---you can discover a lot. In order to understand the dimensions of the Marauder-class Corvette, you must first understand the thickness of armor. Every inch in the Corvette's design, from armor thickness to the very corridor directing outside the shuttles in the diagram we are provided (here) is extremely important. Or, like Sith-I-5 put above, "You're optimistic, Chief;" Yavscout interjected, "how we getting this thing out the hangar."

So, welcome to history class. Strap in. I love being a geek! :-B

• Outer Hull and general size

A Marauder-class Corvette is 195 meters in length, 131 meters in width, and 22 meters height/depth.

Imagine 1, Imagine 2, Imagine 3

There are some general principals we must apply to gather the "true" size of the Corvette based on available information. To start, we must understand a very simple truth: its a warship and thus has armor. Star Wars naval warfare most closely resembles Earth's naval warfare from the Early Modern Period (1453 to 1789) to WW2. Taking WW2 as the closet comparison, we need to look at the armor of the period and translate it to Star Wars specs.

In terms of naval warfare armor, armor is divided into three general categories that could be translated to space warfare:

• Torpedo Bulkhead (see Belt Armor; helps to maintain airtight hull even if the Belt Armor is penetrated)
    • Shock absorber (in this case, like that of the 60 mm layer thick of teakwood that helped absorb shock damage on the Bismarck)

Using the heavily armored Bismarck as a close comparison to what a Star Wars naval warship might have in equivalent in armor, we continue our study. The Bismarck had belt armor that was 320 mm thick, which translates to 0.32 meters. Add in the battleship's 60 mm thick layer of teakwood for shock absorb (which for both the armor and shock absorbent, it would be translated into Star Wars materials), you have 380 mm combined which translates to 0.38 meters. Add three torpedo bulkheads (link) at 37mm thick and you come out to 491 mm or 0.491 meters. It should be noted that there are 1,000 millimeters in 1 meter.

Out of 1 meter of a Marauder-class Corvette, if we take WW2 specs for translation into the Star Wars galaxy, we have 0.491 mm of armor. Now, I know we're taking the heaviest WW2 battleships as our basis of information and it could be argued that this formula should be used for a Imperial-class I Star Destroyer instead; I submit in return to that argument that we are dealing with Star Wars armor that has evolved to defend against turbolaser scale weapons, so in theory with evolution of time in the Star Wars Galaxy, older battleship armor in Star Wars would be on par to modern Star Wars Corvettes with the invention of turbolaser technology and other starship technology such as more powerful engines, etc.

Okay, unlike naval warships of WW2, starships typically don't have any buoyancy concerns and hence unlike belt armor, starship armor can generally be placed equally all around if my thinking is correct. So, in short, the thickness of armor should be the same all around the Marauder-class Corvette. So, take 0.491 mm out of the width of 131 metes, which leaves you with 130.50 meters of width. Under the armor, every ship has to have a hull (usually a Double Hull), the thickness of which (if we take a double hull from a Ice Breaker without armored plating; link 1, link 2), would be roughly two inches per hull or 0.0508 meters per hull or 0.1016 meters for both hulls. Add in several feet (6 feet) of space between the two hulls (although the function of empty space between the two hulls may be different from Earth to Star Wars), which adds up to 1.8288 meters.

Now, add in the fact that starships have operating systems, sub systems, maintenance tunnels, various equipment and structures, and other ship functionality between the living spaces of the ship for the organic crew and the hull. With the average human in Star Wars at 1.72 meters in height, we need assume that a large majority of these work spaces, sub systems, and maintenance tunnels have to be big enough for organic access (and not just droids). So lets say at least 1 meter of walk space width and 2 meters width for the various systems, etc between armor and living space.

So, now add all of this together (once again, translated into Star Wars specs):

• Belt Armor: 320 mm
    • Shock Absorber: 60 mm
    • Torpedo Bulkhead: 111 mm
    • Double Hull: 0.0508 meters per hull or 0.1016 meters combined for both hulls
    • Empty Space between Double Hull: 1.8288 meters
    • Sub systems and other functions between hull and living space: 3 meters

You come out with 5.4214 meters of width taken up. Now, take 131 meters of width and subtract 5.4214 meters, which gives you 125.5786 meters left of width.

• Ship Width in relation to Hanger width and height

Here, we'll focus on the height/depth of the Marauder-class Corvette and the remaining width of the Corvette, which are 22 meters and 125.5786 meters respectfully.

In order to understand the size of the hanger, we must first divide the ship into three's: one quarter for the port wing, one quarter for the primary super structure, and one quarter for the starboard wing. We will be using these pictures for our focus from here on out (including for the length section below). So we divide 125.5786 by 3, which is 41.85953 meters. Simply put, the hanger should have a width of 41.85953 meters, right? WRONG! We forgot to add in that little corridor walkway around the shuttles (lets say 250 mm since we're on a warship) and 500 mm for the turbolifts on each side. And then don't forget the wall between the turbolift and hanger, lets say that is 25.4 mm (0.0254 meters) or 1 inch thick (its thick because of the wall separating the hanger from the turbolift and the turbolift from the sub systems). With that said, don't forget the 25.4 mm between the turbolift and sub systems. Add all of that together and you get 1.6016 meters total or 0.8008 meters per side. So now take 1.6016 from 41.85953 meters and you get 40.25793 meters for hanger width.

Now, the Crusader is a YT-1300 light freighter, which translates to on the Millennium Falcon in dimensions: 34.37 meters in length, 25.61 meters in width, and 8.27 meters in height/depth. The Sentinel-class Landing Craft (which is now voided, see below) is 38 meters in length. TheTheta-class T-2c shuttle is the only shuttle of the Lambda-class Shuttle and Sentinel-class that has a height/depth scale, which is 18.5 meters. Below, you will see the problem with the Lambda, Sentinel, and Theta classes: the folding upwards of the wings.

Now, we take a break from width and focus on height. According to Star Wars Technical Commentaries, a Imperial-class Star Destroyer's bridge decks are 3 meters in height. Taking the height/depth of a Marauder-class Corvette at 22 meters, we start the process all over again.

Assuming most sub systems and maintenance tunnels are going to be closer towards the hull and not in mass around the middle second level, you save room. So, lets start out with the basics: 3 meters per level x 3 is 9 meters; add at least a meter of space for both the uppermost and bottommost layer between living space and hull plating for weapon systems, sub systems, maintenance tunnels, etc. (and at least the 43 class-6 escape pods, which add roughly 2 meters per pod in height for those). So you add all of that together and you have 15 meters of width taken up, with 7 meters left over. Assuming hangers are build to be larger then most other levels and need to have enough room to maneuver ships around safely in, you add the extra 7 meters left over to the hanger, which gives you 10 meters in the hanger for height to work with.

So, you have a hanger width of 40.25793 meters and a hanger height of 10 meters.

• Ship length in relationship to the hanger

The Marauder-class Corvette is 195 meters in length. If we take the T-65 X-Wing model utilized in these pictures for scale, we're looking at 12.5 meters in length. So 195 divided by 12.5 is 15.6 X-Wings for the length of the Corvette. It is roughly 4 X-Wings worth or 62.4 meters from "The Shimmey" to the aft of the vessel (excluding the aft docking ports). From "The Shimmey" to the forward turbolifts in the hanger bay is roughly 7 and a half X-Wings, is roughly 93.75 meters. From the hanger turbolifts to the bow of the ship, its four X-Wings or 50 meters. So, we add all of this up and get 206.15 meters...errr, which means I was off somewhere. Hmm, I am off by 11.15 meters or just shy of one X-Wing, which I thought I would be when I scaled the distance between forward hanger and turbolift and turbolift and bow of ship. So, knowing that was my mistake, we divide 11.5 by 2 and get 5.575 meters, which I subtract off of the hanger and bow respectfully. So you have the following:

• Bow: 44.425 meters
    • Hanger/middle: 88.175 meters
    • Aft: 62.4 meters

• Conclusion

In conclusion, we have a hanger that is:

• Length: 88.175 meters
    • Width: 40.25793 meters
    • Height/Depth: 10 meters

We have the width of the Crusader at 25.61 meters in width, she fits for height, weight, and length. The Citadel-class civilian cruiser is at a length of 36 meters. The question came down to the wings. From the design of the ship, the wings appear to have the ability to fold or at least have the modification ability to do so reasonably. So, with that modification, the top half of the TIE wings would touch the central top fin, while the bottom TIE wings would fold under the craft. So height is taken care of. Width shouldn't be off too much concern, since the Citadel appears to be less in width then the Crusader. Now the question comes down to, will they both fit?

If you subtract the Crusader from the width, you get 14.64 meters left over. Which means, no, both ships won't fit. HOWEVER, if we push the hanger back (assuming that at least one of the two shuttles will always deploy with the starfighters), then we can fit both shuttles on opposite bow/aft sides of the hanger opening, giving both ships enough room. If we push the hanger backwards, we would replace the troop quarters with the starfighter repair bays reserved for only major repairs (smaller repair bays) and average or small repairs to be done where the starfighters park in the hanger; the droid recharging station and vehicle hanger bay would be moved back to the Troop Canteen, replacing the Combat Simulator Room all together. That would, then, give 12 starfighters and two shuttles enough room. We could even move the hanger backwards a bit deeper into the hanger bay to allow the other shuttle to be by the other one and not block the starfighter launches.

So, thoughts? How did this all sound? And do we want to move the hanger bay opening a bit further back or leave it where it is?

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Alright, with the hanger redesign, it could be the simulators were moved out to the new base of operations giving better room for the shuttles and starfighter launches. After all if an ambush happens you don't want to have to say. . .'Give us a few minutes we need to prep the shuttle for launch before the fighter screen can launch!' That to me sounds like suicide. Unless you want to do a complete rehaul and add a section of opening haul plating ala the 'Blockade Runner' for the fighters to 'drop' out of and into the fray of things. This of course would cause rerouting issues but if I understand your write up would leave the shuttle situation and simulators being alright in the front of the hanger.

As for the shuttle mod for both upper and lower wings to fold I can dig it as a modification after market, as if they were meant to shelter a docked ship in either wing sections they would likely be more rigid and either armored for the stress or filled with fuel to keep the fighters prepped for multiple engagements. So a little give and it works.

Well that is all I got at the moment. ;)

5. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Admittedly, I stopped reading once we reached the class-6 escape pods, and I think I did pretty good to get that far.

Very well done, doing all that.

Using Intervention at the time when I joined, I think we should stick to one large ship in the hangar, with the starfighters. Any other larger than starfighter vessels should dock with the Johnny Boy like that Gallofree transport we used to have, or leave them at a base, or aboard the DD.

6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Both points taken. Hmmm. I have an idea....

7. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Looking forward to hearing more of this idea ;)

Also if you want more Jeth dialogue and don't want to risk going out on a limb in using him anybody feel free to PM me. I should get back to you within 24-48 hours.

8. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Hello everyone! Just introducing myself and posting my character sheet, I look forward to moving forward in the story with you all.

Here's my CS, GM Apporved!

Name: Masha Tinovorsh
    Species: Human
    Homeworld: Danoor
    Affiliation: The Mercs (Fresh pilot, never gotten a kill.)

Personality
    ---Traits: Deadpan, honest, addictive personality, tends to be hard on herself about her mistakes, nervous but fights to overcome fears, and pessimistic.
    ---Likes: Music, tabac, wine, flying, computers, reading, and consistent employers.
    ---Dislikes: Thugs, idiotic leadership, disloyalty, nightmares, bureaucracy, and politicians.
    ---Habits: Swearing, overthinking (about fighting, formations, strategy, and flight techniques), creating music in her head and humming to it, oversleeping, and running (exercise, not cowardice.)

Appearance
    [​IMG]
    ---Skin Color: Caucasian between a lighter and tanned tone
    ---Hair Color: Maroon and Auburn
    ---Eye Color: Green
    ---Clothing: Dark brown leather jacket, white blouse with a grey and blue striped shirt underneath, blue pants and black boots. Her flightsuit is just regular tan flight coveralls, with standard flight helmet dark grey.
    ---Other Attributes: 5'10", average athletic build, her hair is short, layered bob.

Weapons: DH-23 blaster pistol http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DH-23_blaster_pistol

Starship
    ---Name: Blade Dancer (Painted in smaller black letters near the cockpit)
    ---Class: Variant Z-95 Headhunter
    [​IMG]
    ---Hyperdrive Class: Class 1, GBk-585 hyper drive unit installed.
    ---Weapon(s): 2 triple blasters and a concussion missile launcher.
    ---Shields: light
    ---Sublight Speed: 120 MGLT (Slightly faster than an X-Wing) 1,150 km/hr in atmo
    ---Crew: 1
    ---Passenger(s): none
    ---Max Cargo (kg): 85kg
    ---Interior Description: Holds consumables for up to 1 day of flight, control stick is on the right hand side and throttle on the left leaving the front open for computer and control system switches as well as short range radar and a navigation computer.
    ---Other Details: The ship itself is a matte red, the age of the ship required a lot of replacement parts during refurbishment after she inherited it from her father, the maintenance hours are low due to the modern parts. No tail insignia or other eccentric markings, yet.

Biography
    ---Personal History: Born 25 BBY on Danoor to a mother whom lived in one of the larger colonies selling goods from farms surrounding in the the areas, her father a transportation pilot between the colonies. The devastation caused by the rogue asteroid claimed the life of her mother, as well as half a million others in the wake of destruction from the floods, quakes, and ash clouds which followed. Her mother sacrificed her own life to allow her father to save their only child. The new central government had her father to be conscripted into the planetary defense force to train with other pilots. Leaving her to be raised primarily by her surviving relatives until she was old enough to be taken care of by her father, whom spent most of his time away from home.

Though her father had never flown a small fighter before he adapted quickly. He fought off small pirate raids during the rebuilding process, eventually settling in to becoming an instructor to train the next generations of pilots. Having been a founding member of the Space Corps and eventually the commander of the flight school, he was able to easily get Masha into the apprentice program, and then into the flight school.

As an apprentice pilot she never truly focused on flight, the basics came easily enough to her but her interests lied elsewhere. While most of the young apprentices were studying furiously and logging extra hours in the simulators, she didn't want life to pass her by and she frequently spent time she should be studying doing research, reading, and learning about computers and technical systems. As she neared the end of her apprenticeship at age 20, she began to develop an interest in music, which was in contrast to her introverted nature. After 4 long years of classes, exams, and flight hours she was inducted into flight school. She wasn't an upstart about her family's history, more so she felt guilty that she just didn't care enough about becoming an amazing fighter pilot like her father. Feeling as if she owed him nothing, having never truly been there for her.

She never met the high expectations of her instructors, demanding only the best as her father's instructors had demanded of them. Graduating as one of the more average students at age 23 she was inducted into the 4th Space Wing, which is to say, not that impressive. Rather it's just where they figured she belonged, with the average pilots and reservists. Her father pulled his weight and gave her his old Z-95 Headhunter upon entering her squadron.

A few months after her induction into the squadron her father died of health complications brought on by the stress of his life, Masha attended the funeral and as he was lowered into the ground she promised herself that she would become a better pilot than she had set herself up to be. Taking on her father's famous craft she went AWOL and left to find her own path to greatness.

---Military History: Pilot's apprentice from age 16-20, flight academy age 20-23, and searching for mercenary work from 23-24. Mostly finding escort missions for low value targets.
    ---Traumatic Experiences: The only explicitly traumatic events were the death of her mother, and the destruction caused by the asteroid, though she can't recall it she has implicit memories of the event causing her to be emotionally shut in, while not traumatic she feels lifelong abandonment from her father.

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Welcome aboard Heavy Isotope! :D

Before I start on my idea, I want everyone's input. The opening page, for any RPG, is the most important marketing tool the game has, from beginning to end. It sets the "foundation" for all recruitment in the game.

Bardan_Jusik and Falcon, congratulations in advance. And surprise! :D

Ideas, thoughts about the below opening thread? :confused:

Star Wars
    INTERVENTION II
    Echoes in Eternity

It is a dark time in the galaxy, although hope has flared on the distant horizon. The evil Galactic Empire's Death Star has been destroyed, saving not only the struggling Rebel Alliance, but giving hope to a galaxy plunged in darkness for far too long. As the events of the Death Star unfolded, another battle for life or death took place over the Outer Rim planet of Port Haven. There, Imperial forces lead by Emperor's Hand Mara Jade sought to capture the new leader of the mercenary group known as the Mercs. To her Master's dismay, the mythical Kingdom of Jod prevented the evil Empire's plans from being successful. And in further reaches of the galaxy, the Empire's top secret Project Zero comes to a destructive end, ending the Empire's bid to establish a top secret base in the Kingdom of Jod's home galaxy of Companion Cresh. Now, the heroes of the Rebel Alliance have been trapped in the Yavin System for 5 months, due to the Blockade of Yavinby Imperial Forces under the command of Darth Vader.

The Mercs, once lead by a Clone Wars veteran Captain Rick Taller, is now lead by his successor, a young firebrand Corellian by the name of Jason Lasso. Consumed with the Prophecy, as defined by the Kingdom of Jod for the Mercs to be "like shooting stars" in the galaxy's darkest hour, the Mercs escape Port Haven, recover their beloved Marauder-class Corvette from the Kingdom of Jod's repair bays, and strike out into the galaxy and ready themselves for the coming Shadow War between the Rebel Alliance, Galactic Empire, Kingdom of Jod, and the Jod's arch enemies, the Beasts. Ready to finish the bloody business that they were unfairly thrown into under Taller's leadership during an Imperial ambush near Port Haven several months before the Battle of Yavin, the Mercs look forward to meeting up with Jod forces in the galaxy proper. And the Jod never show. Days turn into weeks and weeks into months and finally, with no sign of the promised Jod for the coming Shadow War, the Mercs move on, desperate for fuel, food, and credits to pay the crew. Adrift in a galaxy that was once defined by a daring prophecy amidst the Galactic Civil War, the young Corellian Captain leads his rag-tag band of mercenaries onto a new mission none of them saw coming after Port Haven: life after the Kingdom of Jod. What now becomes the question of the Mercs...do they fight for themselves or for a greater cause?

For months after the destruction of Project Zero and near annihilation of most Imperial forces around the Red Rock Planet, former Imperial Security Bureau Investigator Hilick Soal readied what he could of his once mighty Royal Red Squadron of Imperial warships, preparing to chase after the Mercs and run them into the ground at Port Haven. To finally rid the galaxy----and himself---of the mercenary band that had almost brought near destruction to his personal mission from the Emperor to recover the pieces of Red Rock that once belonged to the Kingdom of Jod's historical planet in the Mid Rim thousands of years ago, now spread across the galaxy. The chance for revenge never came; the ISB and even Imperial Intelligence failed to locate the mercenaries and the few reports that could be found were of little use to track them down. It had seemed---along with the disappearance of the Kingdom of Jod---that Hilick Soal had missed his chance for revenge. Captain Rick Taller and his ragtag group of freedom fighters had slipped through his grasp...and it seemed, forever. But former gives the annotation of something taken or something added upon thy. Former, in this case, was the promotion of Hilick Soal to a new position within the Imperial Court itself as General Preeminent for saving the Emperor's life during Project Zero's destruction. Armed with a new Assertor-class Star Dreadnought named the Darkest Night, Hilick Soal is given his orders: the destruction of the Emperor's enemies by any means at his disposal and to seek out and destroy the Mercs; as Darth Vader works as the Emperor's right arm, Hilick Soal works as his left arm, and the Emperor's Hands work as his eyes and ears. Finally, Soal's orders are to locate the Kingdom of Jod by any and all means possible and bring them to their knees under Imperial rule. Foreshadowed by these orders, Hilick Soal remembers his destiny to destroy the Galactic Empire. But in order to do that, he must play the role that destiny has given: conquer and murderer to the Rebel Alliance and anyone that stands in the Emperor's way.

"He" and Alexander Zat roam through criminal underground, avoiding death and enslavement at every turn. They seek the answers to the Ancient Scrolls: where has the Kingdom of Jod gone?

Darth Vader seeks a answer to bring back his beloved Padme Amidala. Supported by a rogue Imperial scientist and cloned bodies of his dead wife, Vader seeks to bring his wife back alive through the Force. To, once again, be united with her. And then destroy the Emperor himself. Amidst his personal desires against the Emperor, Vader seeks out his son, Luke Skywalker, to unite him with him in the destruction of the Emperor. Finally, with his wife and son by his side, true peace could be brought to the galaxy. But, at what cost to the galaxy? And at what cost to Vader himself?

As the galaxy spirals out of control in madness as the Galactic Civil War rages on, an ancient darkness has awoken in the Unknown Regions and has planned it's bloody revenge against all of life itself. Rebel nor Imperial, Jod nor Beast, Merc nor civilian, will be able to stand against it. As the galaxy tears itself apart in civil war, a greater evil threatens to destroy everything and force all to bow to its rule. Can sworn enemies unite under one banner to destroy this unholy evil or will the personal desires of everyone bring destruction upon them?

As the question of Allegiance becomes the forefront thought of every Rebel and Imperial on the front lines, ancient mysteries hidden in the galaxy may hold the key to defeating the unholy storm coming from the Unknown Regions. But, can the Mercs seek to become the heroes that they were destined to be and discover the answer before its too late?

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity." - Maximus Decimus Meridius

WELCOME

Welcome to Intervention: Echoes in Eternity, the successor of the RPF Award winning (Best Star Wars RPG, Spring 2010 and Best GM, Spring 2010) Star Wars: Intervention, which had a historic long run from June 2009 to October 2013, with well over 33 players coming and going through its doors. Intervention: Echoes in Eternity is the continuation of the epic storyline from the first game of Intervention, where a ragtag group of mercenaries known as "The Mercs" are thrown into galactic events as the mythical Kingdom of Jod, Galactic Empire, and Rebel Alliance battle it out over the last remnants of the Jod's once destroyed home world, the Red Rock Planet. The planet's rebuilt state allows the Empire to harvest the planet's given name of mineral, Red Rock, which is a rare repairing, growing, and Force sensitive rock with the ability to heal any sickness or injury, give unlimited power with just a fraction of a rock for a whole city, and provide a gateway to the Jod's home galaxy of Companion Cresh, which is otherwise inaccessible by other means other then by Sleeper Ships, and to their advanced hyperspace technology called Red Space. The game began with just the Empire and Mercs, then introduced the Rebels, Kingdom of Jod, and a ancient enemy of the Jod, known as the Beasts. Through several missions and story arcs, the Mercs found themselves entangled with a galactic prophecy of a coming Shadow War. The game ended with the near-escape of the Mercs under superior Imperial forces at Port Haven, the Mercs long-time home Shadow Port of call. This game, Echoes in Eternity, picks up 5 months (.5 ABY) after the events of the Battle of Yavin, near the end of the Blockade of Yavin.

You are part of the mercenary group known as the Mercs; a group formed under the leadership of a former Grand Army of the Republic Non-Clone brigade leader known as Rick Taller, the Clone Wars veteran forms the Mercs over Port Haven just days after the infamous Order 66. Equipped with military equipment and what Non-Clone and Clone loyalists soldiers he has, Taller rages an all-out war against the Galactic Empire in the name of the Republic and the Jedi. Convienced that Emperor Palpatine is evil, the Jedi loyalist fights the Empire near and far across the galaxy for years. Finally, in 3 months before the Battle of Yavin (.3 BBY), the Mercs meet their match over the Mid Rim planet of Watava, when they first encounter Hilick Soal and the Imperial Royal Red Squadron. The rest of the story of Star Wars: Intervention can be located at STAR WARS: INTERVENTION; as a note, the thread was damaged during "The Move" from the old boards to the new boards and a fair amount of information is either missing or incomplete. There is a digital backup of the first 99 pages of the game, which is uncorrupted, which will be posted again hopefully for your viewing pleasure. The story was continued during "The Move" at Intervention (In-Character Game Thread; Temp Location) before the new boards came online here.

Intervention: Echoes in Eternity has several support threads that help out of game community and Library Thread information for the game as a whole:

• Rocketjock Eatery (a Out-of-Game / Out-of-Character Discussion Thread)
      • Post questions for Game Master(s) here (replaces the usage of Private Messages, unless needed for privacy concerns)
      • Have an idea, not sure if it will work? Ask it here!
      • Have a comment on a post OOG? Anything not "In Character" goes here!
      • Please, avoid socializing when possible. The RPF has threads designed just for socializing.
    • Quick Reference
      • Our Library Thread
      • Excellent reference thread for anything Intervention!
      • No replies permitted; for Game Master posts only; do not post in the thread basically
    • Library Wiki
      • An off-site Library Thread; unknown if it will ever be finished, but still has valuable resources and information for the game! Thanks to CPL_Macja for his upkeep and additions to the Wiki Library!

CHARACTERS

Intervention: Echoes in Eternity allows recognizes character types from the Star Wars Universe; in short, no characters from other science fiction franchises (i.e. Star Trek or Firefly, etc.), unless authorized by the Game Master. Some general principals to know about characters:

• No "super hero" characters; every character has a flaw, no one is perfect. See our Game Policies in the Quick Reference for more information.
    • No Jedi, Sith, or other "Force" based characters. Characters may have the Force, but it is restricted to Luke Skywalker's abilities in A New Hope. See our Declaration of the Force and Force Ranking System in the Quick Reference for more information. Game Master(s), for sake of storyline purposes only, are exempt from this rule.
    • Only "Merc" characters allowed; Imperial, Rebel, and / or other organization based characters are forbidden, unless authorized by either Game Master Bravo or Co-Game Master Sith-I-5.
    • No Star Wars "canon" character is playable in the game; only staff Game Masters are allowed to play characters from the movies and or books from the Star Wars universe for any extended period of time.
    • Each "player" or "staff member" may role play one "In Character" (IC; primary) character and up to two "Non Playable Characters" (NPC; secondary) characters. Game Masters Bravo, @Sith-I-5, and @Bardan_Jusik are exempt from this rule for the sake of the storyline and may role play as many characters as needed.
    • While most NPCs are free use (for all players to use), several are restricted usage to certain players. Please see the Quick Reference for more information.
    • No one can kill another player's character or restricted NPC without the prior consent of the player whom character(s) belong to
    • MOST IMPORTANT; you must "role play" to your character sheet. You cannot be something or do something not in your Character Sheet. Your character may gain "life experience," in which Character Sheets may be resubmitted to Bravo for update approval.
    Character Sheet
    Must be filled out in full and Private Messaged---PM---to Bravo for approval before starting in the game. Once approved, post character sheets in the primary game thread.
    The below Character Sheet is referenced from the old Jedi Council Forums' RPF before "The Move" in 2012. Some modifications have been added to the Character Sheet.

Name:
    Species:​
    Home World:​
    Affiliation:​
    Personality
    ---Traits:​
    ---Dislikes:​
    ---Habits:​
    Appearance
    ---Skin Color:​
    ---Hair Color:​
    ---Eye Color:​
    ---Clothing:​
    ---Other Attributes:​
    ---Other Details:​
    Weapons:​
    Skills (NEW!!!)
    ---Primary Skill: [This is something (one skill) you specialize in very well and is a unique skill set to your character. I.e. starfighter pilot, soldier, doctor, mechanic, etc.]​
    ---Secondary Skill: [This is something (one skill) you are good at; its not your specialty and not something you have mastered, but it something you are good at. I.e. see above]​
    ---Life Experience: [This is a few things (up to three) you have knowledge of or general working knowledge of, usually gained through either education or life experience. You are not "good" at these skills, but are okay or at the very least workable with them when the need arises.]​
    Education (NEW!!!)
    ---General Education: [Your general education; high school, college, etc.]
    ---Specialized Education: [Did you get special training from the military or a technicial school at a particular craft or skill? Military Officer's School, Academies, Top Secret Agent training, etc.]​
    Flaws / Limitations (NEW!!!)
    ----Physical: [Describe a physical limitation or weakness your character has. Is your species generally weaker then most other species and do they have to rely on technology to survive in a increasingly physical world?]​
    ----Mental: [Is your character a drop-out from high school and may lack certain knowledge of the greater galaxy and the workings therein? Is your character unable to read and or write? Did your character sustain a brain injury and have memory loss or a loss of certain brain function?]​
    ---Emotional: [Is your character haunted by the loss of a family member? A romantic relationship? A traumatic event? What could "trigger" a emotionally unstable character in a situation?]​
    ---General: [Is your character not the best hand-to-hand fighter? Not good at shooting? Does our character have a weakness when in close contact to certain objects and or people?]​
    ---Character Critical Failure: [What is one thing that can hurt your character? The inability to see in the dark or in the light? The inability to breathe oxygen? Is it the inability to swim? The inability to run? What is one thing that would cause your character to "fail" in ANY situation?]​
    Starship
    ---Name:​
    ---Class:​
    ---Speed:​
    ---Hull Rating: [Strength of hull]​
    ---Shields:​
    ---Ejection System:​
    ---Life Support:​
    ---Hyperdrive Class:​
    ---Weapon(s):​
    ---Crew:​
    ---Passenger(s):​
    ---Max Cargo (kg):​
    ---Interior Description:​
    ---Other Details:​
    The Force
    ---Sensitivity:​
    ---Religion:​
    ---Lightsaber​
    -----Crystal(s):​
    -----Blade(s):​
    -----Color(s):​
    -----Handle Description(s):​
    ---Force Abilities:​
    ---Force Weakness:​
    ---Other Force Object(s):​
    Biography
    ---Personal History:​
    ---Military History:​
    ---Traumatic Experiences:​

RULES
    Rules:
    Updated: 10-13-2013

1) Please follow the RPF Rules and be mindful of the Terms of Service, Rules of the Jedi Council Forums, and Harassment Policy.

2) Game Master Bravo's word is final in terms of Intervention, unless otherwise stated by a Moderator or Manager of the Role Playing Forum. Co-Game Master Sith-I-5 holds identical ranking authority and his word is final approval as Bravo, unless otherwise stated by Bravo. Assistant Game Masters Mitth_Fisto and Bardan_Jusik help manage Intervention. Intervention's management team is collectively known as "Staff".

3) All character sheets must be PMed (Private Message) to Bravo for approval; as a general rule, no Sith, Dark Jedi, or Gray Jedi are allowed. Jedi-based characters are restricted to entrance into the game with the Force abilities of Luke Skywalker in Star Wars: A New Hope; further information on Jedi themed characters can be found in our Force Ranking System. Players are allowed one (1) In-Character (IC) and up to 2 Non-Player Characters (NPC).

4) All Out-of-Game and/or Out-of-Character discussions and questions should be posted and answered in the Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread). The Rocketjock Eatery should be used as the public means of game questions and other discussions verses that of PM (Private Message). Private Message should be used for private discussions.

5) All tag(s) should be replied to within a week (7 days) time period, unless other circumstances such as family, college, work, or DRL (Darth Real Life) prevent a timely reply. Please let other players and staff know of such delays via the Rocketjock Eatery (details of the delay are not required, since that information is private to you). If a response to a tag is not received within 7 days, without one of the above described reasons posted in the Rocketjock Eatery, then a staff member may use a NPC (Non-Player Character) to move your character along without directly influencing your character's actions.

6) All major storylines (a storyline that affects the game as a whole) must have prior approval by Bravo via PM or the Rocketjock. Minor storylines (those that only affect your character and one (1) or two (2) other characters with prior approval by those users) are freely allowed without Bravo's prior approval.

7) Any disputes between players, players and staff, or staff and staff that cannot be handled in a peaceful manner, must be forwarded to Bravo via Private Message (PM) for further action. Any disputes that violate the Terms of Service, Rules of the Jedi Council Forums, and/or Harassment Policy must be forwarded to both Bravo and a Role Playing Forum Moderator or Manager immediately.

8) Copyright; players and staff are implored to make references and give credit to any and all creations not their own that they incorporate from outside sources into the game threads.

9) Please adhere to the "Declarations" and Game Policies listed in the Quick Reference.

10) Have fun! :cool:

GAME STAFF
    • Game Master; Bravo
      • In charge of all game functions
      • 2009 to present
    • Co Game Master; Sith-I-5
      • Second-in-Command
      • Authority to do what is needed for the "good of the game"
      • Role Plays multiple NPCs for the game
      • Controls most Imperial storylines
      • Has authority to approve Character Sheets
      • 2011 to present (player since 2010)
    • Assistant Game Master; @Mitth_Fisto
      • Longest member of Intervention, since opening in 2009
      • Assists where needed in the game
      • Helps to oversee the game as a whole and conduct actions to ensure proper game functionality
      • 2010 to present (player since 2009)
    • Assistant Game Master; @Bardan_Jusik
      • Assists where needed in the game
      • Helps to oversee the game as a whole and conduct actions to ensure proper game functionality
      • 2013 to present (player since 2012)
    • Staff Assistant; Falcon
      • Oversees the Merc pilots as Squadron Leader
      • Can create "enemy" NPCs in a starfighter battle (2 NPCs max) to enhance game play as needed
      • Assists where needed, as requested by Game Master staff
      • Not a Game Master, but can assist Game Masters where requested
      • 2013 to present (player since 2011)
    • Honorary Co Game Master; greyjedi125
      • Co Founder of Intervention
      • Former Co Game Master from 2009 to 2011
      • Assists where needed, as requested by Game Master staff
      • Not a Game Master; traditional Game Master authority and power not active, but can be if requested by Game Master staff

GAME LINKS

greyjedi125 likes this.
  10. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    Worst intro to a RPG I have ever seen.:p

Looks good though. I cant see anything wrong with it.

11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

You suck too. :p

12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sith-I-5 and Bardan_Jusik, you both have a tag waiting for you in the game; I forgot the link things and just tagged "All".

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Read it already.

I just posted too, tagging a few peeps.

14. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Definitely liked the intro! I don't see anything wrong with it either and hope that Masha can survive into the next chapter. :D

15. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I just read it, I will probably get a response posted tomorrow.

[​IMG]

16. tyratoku

tyratoku Jedi Knight star 1

May 10, 2005
    Classes have been kicking me around quite a bit lately. I had two test in the last week and one more tomorrow. It's really put a damper on my posting.

I will likely get a post up tomorrow evening, if that's okay. Sorry fellas.

17. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Hey all, can anyone explain the scene that's happening around Port Haven, Whendyll outskirts, and the approach of the ISD's? I don't want to make a mistake in any descriptions I have in my posts. Thanks. :D

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Hey all, can anyone explain the scene that's happening around Port Haven, Whendyll outskirts, and the approach of the ISD's? I don't want to make a mistake in any descriptions I have in my posts.

Okay-dokey, you don't need to worry about Port Haven from where Masha is.

If we use our solar system as a comparison, Port Haven is Earth, and she is out beyond Pluto.

The "miniature star destroyer" and Nebulon-B are facing each other and getting closer, TIE fighters are attacking the DD, and being fended off by Kilo's X-Wing below the ship, and quad-laser emplacements on top and sides.

[​IMG]

The Neb-B is being attacked by four Skipray Blastboats, as well as being fired upon by a Kingdom of Jod Light-class destroyer (see Intervention - Library Thread).

TIE fighters (50+) are engaging a variety of starfighters, eg. Eta-2, X-Wing, ARC-170s, shuttles.

Seventy kilometres away and moving further off, is the back of an Imperial Star Destroyer. A Bantha-class assault transport and four X-Wings are going after it.

There you go.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  19. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Thanks Sith. :) The star destroyer is also moving through the wreckage of some ships right? I want to respond to the distress call without getting blasted into oblivion. :p

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Yep, the ISD is moving through some wreckage. So Masha can trail it till it is past the debris field, then go searching for the source of the signal.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/HT-2200_medium_freighter

The Snow White is this type of ship. There is a cargo bay door off a Light-class destroyer (so, a big door) sliced into the front, so most of the ship is open to space. The lone survivor is in the gun turret on top, and has no space suit. Hull is scorched black.

Heavy Isotope likes this.
  21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    NOTICE

Okay all, remember these below posts are NOT In Character, rather Out of Character / Out of Game for review by players and staff for a fair, balance, and honest portrayal of Intervention playable characters for the introduction of the second game, Echoes in Eternity. These posts are to not be added upon to, edited, and / or otherwise altered or tagged henceforth to and any additions or other alterations to the posts are to only be done by Game Master Bravo. Any suggestions, concerns, reviews, and any other form of reply should be done in the Out of Game and / or Out of Character format to respect the purpose and intent of the Out of Game threads. No information from these posts may be used In Character in the current game of Intervention.

Did that sound legal enough to cover our bases for a OOG thread? ;) This notice will be posted above each post to respect the definition and function of the OOG threads.

Echoes in Eternity [Introduction] Draft One, Part One (Take Five); 10-17-2013

5 Months after the events of "Star Wars: Intervention," .5 ABY

Bridge, mercenary vessel Johnny Boy, a heavily modified Marauder-class Corvette, nearing Brosi---Corporate Sector Authority

The soft purr and gentle click, click of computer systems, with the occasional beep mixed in, filled the otherwise quiet bridge of the mercenary crewed Marauder-class Corvette named the Johnny Boy. The sound of footsteps as crew members walked back and forth with the inside level voices of the bridge crew presented a gentle environment for the bridge. A bridge that, all too many times before, had been a place of intense emotions and decision in the midst of combat. But now, for this moment, it was peaceful, although a faint sense of tension could be felt lingering in the recycled air. After all, they were waiting on the edge of the star system, clamped onto a passing by comet. It had been Lasso's idea; the young Corellian captain felt that the CSA had more then enough first hand knowledge of smugglers and pirates in this region of space, so an attempt at fooling them would be a waste of time. Instead, the mercenary Captain had discovered a passing comet that was due to pass by their solar system of choice's outskirts. So, a day's worth of free loading off of a comet had saved fuel and resources, something that the mercenary crew desperately needed at the moment.

Captain Jason Lasso sat back in the Captain's chair, looking out at the approaching world of Brosi, at this range a distance globe against the blackness of space. He regarded the planet from the database file floating in the hologram off to his right, looking at the blue, green, and brown globe hanging in the blackness of space, the blackness speckled by stars in the far distance. Jason kept tapping the right arm rest gently in a rhythmic fashion singing a song quietly to himself as the soft voices rang throughout the bridge as crew members talked about their particular duties on approach.

MUSIC: Scarlet Town

Their destination was a shabby port of call town on planet that reminded the Corellian Captain of the Scarlet Town song. Their purpose was to gather much needed supplies and avoid as much attention as possible. While hiding a Marauder-class Corvette on planet would be increasingly difficult---considering the Espo security presence around and on the planet---that wasn't the plan. Far from it.

Until then, however, his mind wandered to the events of the last few months. After everything had happened----since Watava and the whole start of a story that sounded more like a fairytale then real life---the Kingdom of Jod had simply disappeared. The coming events of a coming Shadow War between the Galactic Empire, Rebel Alliance, Beasts, and the Kingdom of Jod were, it seemed, just a bad dream. Maybe the whole thing with Watava and the Kingdom of Jod had all been a bad dream and it never happened. On the brink of destruction, their gallant Captain Rick Taller gone, the Mercs had tasted the bottom of the barrel, the very pits of hell and death. And then, suddenly, it was done. The Empire's Project Zero was gone, destroyed by a Force "virus," Darth Vader had seemingly moved on to other things, the Emperor still lived, and Hilick Soal....Imperial Security Bureau Investigator Hilick Soal and his infamous Royal Red Squadron had vanished. It was the ultimate anti-climatic moment for the Mercs. Even the Empire, for all intent and purposes, had left them alone. Various leaders and well-known members of the Mercs were still on holo-vids across the Galaxy, thanks to the Imperial Security Bureau, but even then the repeating holo vids were old and out of date and repeated the same old information---the flexiplast stationary in old cantinas across the galaxy were old and torn. It was as if the Mercs and the Kingdom of Jod had never existed.

There had never been a "happily ever after" to the Mercs' story. Maybe, Lasso thought, if they could have personally destroyed Project Zero and taken this "Shadow War" to the Empire, then for a group of rag-tag bloodied mercenaries, their could of been a happily ever after. But instead, after Port Haven and recovering the Johnny Boy from Actulize Station, everything just stopped in regards to the Jod's Prophecy and what their Ancient Strolls told them. Maybe, after all, Lasso's second in command, Yavscout, had been right. As the Surefall Paramedic had put it perfectly after the events of Port Haven and the Jod disappearing, "They lost a destroyer, rescuing your arse. Maybe they figured the Prophesy wasn't worth the fething hassle."

That statement from the Elf Commander had stuck in Lasso's head as the days turned into weeks and weeks into months and the Kingdom of Jod never reappeared. Eventually, things had to be repaired on the Johnny Boy, food had to be bought, fuel had to be purchased, and crew had to get paid. So the Mercs took the Johnny Boy and disappeared among the other less fortunate citizens of the galaxy, conducting shady and less then legal business to pay the bills. For the Mercs, as their founder Taller had lead the group by, the Mercs were driven by a consuming fire to destroy the Empire. But even then, when the dust had settled after Port Haven, the Mercs had done their very best to avoid the Empire and had succeeded thus far. Despite that avoidance of why they were in existance, Lasso had the desire to hit the Empire hard and where it hurt. The only question was timing.

If not the rest of the mercenary crew, Lasso was driven by a statement Taller had told him when he gave command of the Johnny Boy and Mercs over to Jason Lasso: "But, what I do want from you Jason, is for you to be able to stand by your convictions, even when the whole galaxy tells you not too. Because, at the end of the day, its not about the rest of the galaxy. Its about what you did with your life." Jason's convictions drove him beyond the normal limits of any normal man.

"Status?" Jason asked out-loud.

"In position, Cap," Andrew 'Guitar' Monk said more professionally then his rock-star life style would normally dedicate, "All systems are green."

"No sensor pings or patrols," the female Gossam Chief Petty Officer Wa Yay, the ranking non-commissioned officer on the Johnny Boy, said, turning around in her chair from the sensor station.

"Communications are clear. No tracking detected, no code words, and no military traffic," said Nal Tubben, their new male Sullustan communications officer; the alien was blind due to combat in the Galactic Civil War while serving the Rebel Alliance.

Lasso looked at his PAC20 visual wrist comlink, which had the time. Two hours and nothing. It was time.

"Its time to go," Lasso said and looked across the command way to Yavscout; the Elf Surefall Paramedic was...playing a game, Dejarik to be precise, on a palm-sized device. "Commander?" Lasso said with reserved patience.

"One moment," the Elf said, "I've almost got in the top twenty."

"Commander," Lasso said with a bit of bite.

'Yav looked up, "I won."

"I'm so glad," Lasso said with a forced smile, looking across the bridge, "Miss Yay, the bridge is yours. Keep us out of sensor range and remain comm silence unless otherwise ordered."

Chief Petty Officer Wa Yay, the ranking non-commissioned officer on the Johnny Boy, turned around from her sensor station, a serious look---as always---on the Gossam's face, "Aye-aye, Captain. Best of luck to you, sir."

Lasso got up, his coat flowing behind him. 'Yav was close behind him as they neared one of the two turbolifts. As the turbolift doors closed behind them, Lasso looked over at Yav.

"Again, 'Yav?"

The Elf shrugged, "I got bored."

"But its setting a bad example for the crew, to see you playing games during a serious mission."

"What happened to you? Have you been watching the Imperial Academy holovids again?"

Lasso smirked at that comment, "No, flexing my wings a bit in the command chair."

The turbolift stopped on the second level, opening its doors. The two commanding officers stepped out and walked towards the medical bay.

"Castell didn't do that for you?" Yav asked.

Lasso smirked, "I learned that trying to slip undetected onto a Imperial occupied factory world for supplies and blowing up a few things is akin to asking for a death sentence."

"Was that before or after we had half the Imperial Navy chasing us?" Yav asked sarcastically.

"Before, since your choice of words was rather colorful over the comlink," Jason answered with a lop-side smile.

"While you were playing pirate, I think I lost my body weight in sweat as we tried to high tale it out of there. So my colorful words were acceptable, considering the circumstances."

"We did make out like bandits with those Diamond Boron Missiles, Homing Torpedoes, Advanced Homing Cluster Missiles, and T-33 plasma torpedoes. Don't forget those handful of Intruder missiles too. That was a nice grab, those Intruder missiles."

"You tell that to the cleaning droids who cleaned my chair afterwards. I'm pretty sure they don't share your mission successful view. Speaking of that, we need to have a talk about the whole chain of command. Captains should really stay with the ship and the Commander go on ground missions."

"Haven't you watched the holo vids labeled Star Trek? Captains go all the time, with a bunch of red shirts who never return. The Captain saves the day and the Commander gets to play Captain for a day."

"Yea, we'll have to talk about the functionality of that," Yav said with sour taste, "I have the ability to re spawn if killed. You don't, sir."

"We could just take the whole command crew, leave the ensign on the bridge, and risk losing the main plot characters to the story yet, somehow, survive and become heroes. Take a few red shirts for canon fodder. Oh wait, we're doing that now."

"Your a sick man," Yav said, the two stepping into the medical bay.

"Doctor," Lasso said, looking overt at Chief Medical Russel Cook; the Johnny Boy's doctor was finishing packing an "away bag" and threw it over his shoulder, walking towards the command pair.

"Mr. Yavascout and Mr. Lasso, both of you have missed your pre-away mission medical checks."

"Note it in my record, Doctor," Lasso said, "I'll catch up next month."

"It doesn't work like that," Russel said, sighing, "Yavascout, your excuse?"

"Busy becoming the top ranked player on the Leader Boards for my game."

"At least you have an excuse, however sad," Russel said, eying Lasso, "Shall we?"

The trio continued to the aft turbolifts, "How bad is it Doctor?" Jason finally asked.

"You mean my inability to stop a simple nose bleed because I am out of everything?" Russel replied.

Jason cringed, "That bad? Well, after today's raid, you'll feel like a big city's general hospital on supplies."

"What do you mean raid? I thought we were going to buy supplies?"

"With what credits? Are you sure you want to be a mercenary, doctor?" Yav asked matter-of-factly.

"I'm not so sure now," Russel replied, "We're not stealing from the local hospital, are we?"

"View it more like a transfer of overstocked medical supplies from the CSA to the Mercs. Just not legally," Lasso replied as they entered the turbolift and took it downwards.

"I protest to this," Russel said.

"Noted," Lasso said, "You can stay here. I'll make sure I try my best to get the right band-aids for a galactic bio chemical attack from the Empire. A band-aid can heal that, right?"

Russel sighed, "I can't entrust you with my medical supplies, you don't know what a doctor needs."

"My point taken," Jason replied, looking across the doctor to Yav, "One last time, Commander?"

The Elf nodded, "Winterkill, Havah Jeth, and myself take the fuel depot and energy cell reserves; covert all the way in, all stealth. Cain Varss, Jensen Visak, and Masha Tinovorsh fly top cover; they'll also in charge of supporting any ground operations in force. Atin, Mary Formal, Havoc Neb, and Seira Trasks runs spotter for ground and air forces in the Luck's Gamble, running as a civilian freighter in the area picking up supplies from the factories for shipment deeper into the CSA; they act as a quick support unit if needed, if things go south. You, Taab, and Kilo Typhon run the local Espo command post downtown to draw forces away from the hospital and fuel depot and energy cell reserves. Totter and the Doctor run the hospital supply run."

"Good," Lasso said, the turbolift ending its ride. The doors opened unto the hanger bay, where the rest of the Mercs were gathered around their new Luck's Gamble, a ILH-KK Citadel-class civilian cruiser. The old Sentinel-class Landing Craft having met an unfortunate demise two months earlier.

"We're thirty seconds behind schedule, Captain," Taab said matter-of-factly as he tossed Lasso his A280 blaster rifle; the Corellian mercenary captain caught the rifle with one hand and rested it against his shoulder facing upwards into the air and said to the gathered Mercs. Taab put his helmet on over his head, hiding his facial features.

"Don't mean to be selfish and all," Cain Varss said all too slick, leaning up against the Citadel's side port TIE wing; the pilot was flipping a virboblade knife in an elegant dance along his right hand without looking at it and instead focusing on everyone else, "But am I taxi escort? Because, I'm itching to blast something."

Lasso smiled, "You'll have plenty, Cain. We expect at least the whole squadron worth of IRDs to be airborne once they know something is up."

"Good," Cain said, grinning like a predator at the coming battle, "I like a challenge."

"Any other intel, Captain? Jensen Visak asked more seriously then his flight teammate, the man's eyes piercing for knowledge of the coming battle, "I'm sure the CSA has more then just a squadron of IRDs. You did say there was a defense presence in orbit around the planet, correct?"

"I've called in some old favors," Taab said almost coldly, cutting in before the Corellian Captain could respond, "Long overdue favors. We'll have some a group of pirates keeping the local space cowboy Espo's busy. Nothing special, but enough for them to force the Espos' ground assets to handle us."

"Pirates?" Masha Tinovorsh, with a more then a dose of disgust in her voice, "And what says they won't come after us or strike a deal with the Espo's if the going gets tough to turn us in?"

Taab smiled behind his helmet, "Because, they know I'd kill them all if they betrayed me."

"Any us in there?" Kilo Typhon asked, putting his helmet on, his voice changing suddenly with the voice filter, "It would be comforting."

"I work alone," Taab said, "Or in some rare cases, I extend my limited amount of 'I give a Sith' to the protection of Captain Lasso. You die, its on you. Not on me. I take care of me and my business." The bounty hunter turned and headed for the landing ramp of the Citadel.

Kilo shifted in his armored, "And I thought I was an *******."

"Don't worry," Cain said, "You still hold the ******* card. It must go with people wearing armor."

"Ouch," Jensen said, giving Cain a high-five as they passed each other to their respected fighters.

"Yea," Kilo replied, "Tell that to your girlfriend. By the way, her perfume smells great."

"Men!" Masha said, sighing, rolling her eyes.

Havah Jeth looked sideways to Winterkill, the latter of which shrugging, "Kids."

"I feel old," Havah said, the two commandos pealing off to the shuttle.

"Okay," Lasso said to everyone, "Let's be bad guys."

"Your supposed to say when everyone is still gathered here," Yavascout pointed out.

"I knew that," Lasso replied.

"Yea...sure," The elf said, walking towards the shuttle.

"Timing," Russel said as he walked with Jason towards the shuttle, "All about timing."

Reference

[1] Quote from Firefly I believe.

Okay, thoughts? Added more detail.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Looks good.

Okay, by the numbers. You still have Lasso about to say something when Taab puts his helmet on. You have Ancient Strolls instead of Scrolls.

Meant to ask this four drafts ago. The Espos use Marauder-class corvettes; rather than hiding the JB, why don't we pretend she is one of there's?

Nice interchange between Cain and Jensen.

23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thanks Sith, I'll get on those corrections ASAP. :) And I will be adding a bit more, for flavor, onto the post.

As for the Corvette...because that would make too much sense? :oops:

24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    NOTICE

Okay all, remember these below posts are NOT In Character, rather Out of Character / Out of Game for review by players and staff for a fair, balance, and honest portrayal of Intervention playable characters for the introduction of the second game, Echoes in Eternity. These posts are to not be added upon to, edited, and / or otherwise altered or tagged henceforth to and any additions or other alterations to the posts are to only be done by Game Master Bravo. Any suggestions, concerns, reviews, and any other form of reply should be done in the Out of Game and / or Out of Character format to respect the purpose and intent of the Out of Game threads. No information from these posts may be used In Character in the current game of Intervention.

Did that sound legal enough to cover our bases for a OOG thread? ;) This notice will be posted above each post to respect the definition and function of the OOG threads.

Echoes in Eternity [Introduction] Draft One, Part One (Take Six); 10-18-2013

5 Months after the events of "Star Wars: Intervention," .5 ABY

Bridge, mercenary vessel Johnny Boy, a heavily modified Marauder-class Corvette, nearing Brosi---Corporate Sector Authority

The soft purr and gentle click, click of computer systems, with the occasional beep mixed in, filled the otherwise quiet bridge of the mercenary crewed Marauder-class Corvette named the Johnny Boy. The sound of footsteps as crew members walked back and forth with the inside level voices of the bridge crew presented a gentle environment for the bridge. A bridge that, all too many times before, had been a place of intense emotions and decision in the midst of combat. But now, for this moment, it was peaceful, although a faint sense of tension could be felt lingering in the recycled air. After all, they were waiting on the edge of the star system, clamped onto a passing by comet. It had been Lasso's idea; the young Corellian captain felt that the CSA had more then enough first hand knowledge of smugglers and pirates in this region of space, so an attempt at fooling them would be a waste of time. Instead, the mercenary Captain had discovered a passing comet that was due to pass by their solar system of choice's outskirts. So, a day's worth of free loading off of a comet had saved fuel and resources, something that the mercenary crew desperately needed at the moment.

Captain Jason Lasso sat back in the Captain's chair, looking out at the approaching world of Brosi, at this range a distance globe against the blackness of space. He regarded the planet from the database file floating in the hologram off to his right, looking at the blue, green, and brown globe hanging in the blackness of space, the blackness speckled by stars in the far distance. Jason kept tapping the right arm rest gently in a rhythmic fashion singing a song quietly to himself as the soft voices rang throughout the bridge as crew members talked about their particular duties on approach.

MUSIC: Scarlet Town

Their destination was a shabby port of call town on planet that reminded the Corellian Captain of the Scarlet Town song. Their purpose was to gather much needed supplies and avoid as much attention as possible. While hiding a Marauder-class Corvette on planet would be increasingly difficult---considering the Espo security presence around and on the planet---that wasn't the plan. Far from it.

Until then, however, his mind wandered to the events of the last few months. After everything had happened----since Watava and the whole start of a story that sounded more like a fairytale then real life---the Kingdom of Jod had simply disappeared. The coming events of a coming Shadow War between the Galactic Empire, Rebel Alliance, Beasts, and the Kingdom of Jod were, it seemed, just a bad dream. Maybe the whole thing with Watava and the Kingdom of Jod had all been a bad dream and it never happened. On the brink of destruction, their gallant Captain Rick Taller gone, the Mercs had tasted the bottom of the barrel, the very pits of hell and death. And then, suddenly, it was done. The Empire's Project Zero was gone, destroyed by a Force "virus," Darth Vader had seemingly moved on to other things, the Emperor still lived, and Hilick Soal....Imperial Security Bureau Investigator Hilick Soal and his infamous Royal Red Squadron had vanished. It was the ultimate anti-climatic moment for the Mercs. Even the Empire, for all intent and purposes, had left them alone. Various leaders and well-known members of the Mercs were still on holo-vids across the Galaxy, thanks to the Imperial Security Bureau, but even then the repeating holo vids were old and out of date and repeated the same old information---the flexiplast stationary in old cantinas across the galaxy were old and torn. It was as if the Mercs and the Kingdom of Jod had never existed.

There had never been a "happily ever after" to the Mercs' story. Maybe, Lasso thought, if they could have personally destroyed Project Zero and taken this "Shadow War" to the Empire, then for a group of rag-tag bloodied mercenaries, their could of been a happily ever after. But instead, after Port Haven and recovering the Johnny Boy from Actulize Station, everything just stopped in regards to the Jod's Prophecy and what their Ancient Scrolls told them. Maybe, after all, Lasso's second in command, Yavscout, had been right. As the Surefall Paramedic had put it perfectly after the events of Port Haven and the Jod disappearing, "They lost a destroyer, rescuing your arse. Maybe they figured the Prophesy wasn't worth the fething hassle."

That statement from the Elf Commander had stuck in Lasso's head as the days turned into weeks and weeks into months and the Kingdom of Jod never reappeared. Eventually, things had to be repaired on the Johnny Boy, food had to be bought, fuel had to be purchased, and crew had to get paid. So the Mercs took the Johnny Boy and disappeared among the other less fortunate citizens of the galaxy, conducting shady and less then legal business to pay the bills. For the Mercs, as their founder Taller had lead the group by, the Mercs were driven by a consuming fire to destroy the Empire. But even then, when the dust had settled after Port Haven, the Mercs had done their very best to avoid the Empire and had succeeded thus far. Despite that avoidance of why they were in existance, Lasso had the desire to hit the Empire hard and where it hurt. The only question was timing.

If not the rest of the mercenary crew, Lasso was driven by a statement Taller had told him when he gave command of the Johnny Boy and Mercs over to Jason Lasso: "But, what I do want from you Jason, is for you to be able to stand by your convictions, even when the whole galaxy tells you not too. Because, at the end of the day, its not about the rest of the galaxy. Its about what you did with your life." Jason's convictions drove him beyond the normal limits of any normal man.

"Status?" Jason asked out-loud.

"In position, Cap," Andrew 'Guitar' Monk said more professionally then his rock-star life style would normally dedicate, "All systems are green."

"No sensor pings or patrols," the female Gossam Chief Petty Officer Wa Yay, the ranking non-commissioned officer on the Johnny Boy, said, turning around in her chair from the sensor station.

"Communications are clear. No tracking detected, no code words, and no military traffic," said Nal Tubben, their new male Sullustan communications officer; the alien was blind due to combat in the Galactic Civil War while serving the Rebel Alliance.

Lasso looked at his PAC20 visual wrist comlink, which had the time. Two hours and nothing. It was time.

"Its time to go," Lasso said and looked across the command way to Yavscout; the Elf Surefall Paramedic was...playing a game, Dejarik to be precise, on a palm-sized device. "Commander?" Lasso said with reserved patience.

"One moment," the Elf said, "I've almost got in the top twenty."

"Commander," Lasso said with a bit of bite.

'Yav looked up, "I won."

"I'm so glad," Lasso said with a forced smile, looking across the bridge, "Miss Yay, the bridge is yours. Keep us out of sensor range and remain comm silence unless otherwise ordered. Once the fireworks starts, do a mirco jump in system; those pirates should be just ahead of you, so make it look like your firing at them with intent, but miss every shot. Taab says they're testy about their shields not being at one hundred percent going into battle."

Chief Petty Officer Wa Yay, the ranking non-commissioned officer on the Johnny Boy, turned around from her sensor station, a serious look---as always---on the Gossam's face, "Aye-aye, Captain. Best of luck to you, sir." Her CSA Captain's uniform and forged identification ranking cylinders (that worked 100%) spoke of her role.

Lasso got up, his coat flowing behind him. 'Yav was close behind him as they neared one of the two turbolifts. As the turbolift doors closed behind them, Lasso looked over at Yav.

"Again, 'Yav?"

The Elf shrugged, "I got bored."

"But its setting a bad example for the crew, to see you playing games during a serious mission."

"What happened to you? Have you been watching the Imperial Academy holovids again?"

Lasso smirked at that comment, "No, flexing my wings a bit in the command chair."

The turbolift stopped on the second level, opening its doors. The two commanding officers stepped out and walked towards the medical bay.

"Castell didn't do that for you?" Yav asked.

Lasso smirked, "I learned that trying to slip undetected onto a Imperial occupied factory world for supplies and blowing up a few things is akin to asking for a death sentence."

"Was that before or after we had half the Imperial Navy chasing us?" Yav asked sarcastically.

"Before, since your choice of words was rather colorful over the comlink," Jason answered with a lop-side smile.

"While you were playing pirate, I think I lost my body weight in sweat as we tried to high tale it out of there. So my colorful words were acceptable, considering the circumstances."

"We did make out like bandits with those Diamond Boron Missiles, Homing Torpedoes, Advanced Homing Cluster Missiles, and T-33 plasma torpedoes. Don't forget those handful of Intruder missiles too. That was a nice grab, those Intruder missiles."

"You tell that to the cleaning droids who cleaned my chair afterwards. I'm pretty sure they don't share your mission successful view. Speaking of that, we need to have a talk about the whole chain of command. Captains should really stay with the ship and the Commander go on ground missions."

"Haven't you watched the holo vids labeled Star Trek? Captains go all the time, with a bunch of red shirts who never return. The Captain saves the day and the Commander gets to play Captain for a day."

"Yea, we'll have to talk about the functionality of that," Yav said with sour taste, "I have the ability to re spawn if killed. You don't, sir."

"We could just take the whole command crew, leave the ensign on the bridge, and risk losing the main plot characters to the story yet, somehow, survive and become heroes. Take a few red shirts for canon fodder. Oh wait, we're doing that now."

"Your a sick man," Yav said, the two stepping into the medical bay.

"Doctor," Lasso said, looking overt at Chief Medical Russel Cook; the Johnny Boy's doctor was finishing packing an "away bag" and threw it over his shoulder, walking towards the command pair.

"Mr. Yavascout and Mr. Lasso, both of you have missed your pre-away mission medical checks."

"Note it in my record, Doctor," Lasso said, "I'll catch up next month."

"It doesn't work like that," Russel said, sighing, "Yavascout, your excuse?"

"Busy becoming the top ranked player on the Leader Boards for my game."

"At least you have an excuse, however sad," Russel said, eying Lasso, "Shall we?"

The trio continued to the aft turbolifts, "How bad is it Doctor?" Jason finally asked.

"You mean my inability to stop a simple nose bleed because I am out of everything?" Russel replied.

Jason cringed, "That bad? Well, after today's raid, you'll feel like a big city's general hospital on supplies."

"What do you mean raid? I thought we were going to buy supplies?"

"With what credits? Are you sure you want to be a mercenary, doctor?" Yav asked matter-of-factly.

"I'm not so sure now," Russel replied, "We're not stealing from the local hospital, are we?"

"View it more like a transfer of overstocked medical supplies from the CSA to the Mercs. Just not legally," Lasso replied as they entered the turbolift and took it downwards.

"I protest to this," Russel said.

"Noted," Lasso said, "You can stay here. I'll make sure I try my best to get the right band-aids for a galactic bio chemical attack from the Empire. A band-aid can heal that, right?"

Russel sighed, "I can't entrust you with my medical supplies, you don't know what a doctor needs."

The Elf nodded, "Winterkill, Havah Jeth, and myself take the fuel depot and energy cell reserves; covert all the way in, all stealth. Cain Varss, Jensen Visak, and Masha Tinovorsh fly top cover; they'll also in charge of supporting any ground operations in force. Atin, Mary Formal, Havoc Neb, and Seira Trasks runs spotter for ground and air forces in the Luck's Gamble, running as a civilian freighter in the area picking up supplies from the factories for shipment deeper into the CSA; they act as a quick support unit if needed, if things go south. You, Taab, and Kilo Typhon run the local Espo command post downtown to draw forces away from the hospital and fuel depot and energy cell reserves. Totter and the Doctor run the hospital supply run. And the Johnny Boy plays how many times they can miss hitting those pirate ships, ready to transport us to safety once everything is set in place."

"Good," Lasso said, the turbolift ending its ride. The doors opened unto the hanger bay, where the rest of the Mercs were gathered around their new Luck's Gamble, a ILH-KK Citadel-class civilian cruiser. The old Sentinel-class Landing Craft having met an unfortunate demise two months earlier.

"We're thirty seconds behind schedule, Captain," Taab said matter-of-factly as he tossed Lasso his A280 blaster rifle; the Corellian mercenary captain caught the rifle with one hand and rested it against his shoulder facing upwards into the air and said to the gathered Mercs. Taab put his helmet on over his head, hiding his facial features.

"Don't mean to be selfish and all," Cain Varss said all too slick, leaning up against the Citadel's side port TIE wing; the pilot was flipping a virboblade knife in an elegant dance along his right hand without looking at it and instead focusing on everyone else, "But am I taxi escort? Because, I'm itching to blast something."

Lasso smiled, "You'll have plenty, Cain. We expect at least the whole squadron worth of IRDs to be airborne once they know something is up."

"Good," Cain said, grinning like a predator at the coming battle, "I like a challenge."

"Any other intel, Captain? Jensen Visak asked more seriously then his flight teammate, the man's eyes piercing for knowledge of the coming battle, "I'm sure the CSA has more then just a squadron of IRDs. You did say there was a defense presence in orbit around the planet, correct?"

"I've called in some old favors," Taab said almost coldly, cutting in before the Corellian Captain could respond, "Long overdue favors. We'll have some a group of pirates keeping the local space cowboy Espo's busy. Nothing special, but enough for them to force the Espos' ground assets to handle us."

"Pirates?" Masha Tinovorsh, with a more then a dose of disgust in her voice, "And what says they won't come after us or strike a deal with the Espo's if the going gets tough to turn us in?"

Taab smiled behind his helmet, "Because, they know I'd kill them all if they betrayed me."

"Any us in there?" Kilo Typhon asked, putting his helmet on, his voice changing suddenly with the voice filter, "It would be comforting."

"I work alone," Taab said, "Or in some rare cases, I extend my limited amount of 'I give a Sith' to the protection of Captain Lasso. You die, its on you. Not on me. I take care of me and my business." The bounty hunter turned and headed for the landing ramp of the Citadel.

Kilo shifted in his armored, "And I thought I was an ass."

"Don't worry," Cain said, "You still hold the ass card. It must go with people wearing armor."

"Ouch," Jensen said, giving Cain a high-five as they passed each other to their respected fighters.

"Yea," Kilo replied, "Tell that to your girlfriend. By the way, her perfume smells great."

"Men!" Masha said, sighing, rolling her eyes.

Havah Jeth looked sideways to Winterkill, the latter of which shrugging, "Kids."

"I feel old," Havah said, the two commandos pealing off to the shuttle.

"Okay," Lasso said to everyone, "Let's be bad guys."

"Your supposed to say when everyone is still gathered here," Yavascout pointed out.

"I knew that," Lasso replied.

"Yea...sure," The elf said, walking towards the shuttle.

"Timing," Russel said as he walked with Jason towards the shuttle, "All about timing."

Luck's Gamble, a ILH-KK Citadel-class civilian cruiser, atmosphere of Brosi

The white clouds parted way in front of the Citadel's cockpit, as the shuttle flew threw the darkened night skies, a pair of high powered fog lights piecing through the night sky. The story of why two starfighters---in specific Cain Varss and
    Jensen Visak---were attached on two external docking bays, and why Masha Tinovorsh escorted in a third starfighter ("switching" out with a docked fighter for fuel and rest), was made believable because of the area of space the now named Coward's Run had to travel to make it to CSA space. A forged document with CSA Espo approval of the escort was the final layer of the cake. While Lasso and company had made it past orbital security and CSA ground clearance, they still had sensors watching them from both places. The Espos were ruthless thugs, everyone knew that. But they weren't pushovers either.

Winterkill maneuvered his helmet into position, hearing the snap-hiss as the self-contained oxygen turned on. Shortly afterwards, data started scrolling down his view screen of the suit's status and the wearer's health, "Fancy," the Nagai said, his voice filtered by the helmet.

"Indeed," Havah Jeth said, putting his helmet on, "If my days in the Arkanian Black Guard have taught me anything, its to be able to spy out military equipment when I see it. And this stuff...isn't cheap and no way we could afford it. Care to tell the story?"

"Just an old employer," Yavascout said, putting his own helmet on, locking the oxygen environment into the blaster resistant and stealth / sensor resistance high altitude Wingsuit, "They are...well equipped."

"Still as slippery as a snake," Jeth said, shaking his head at Yavascout.

"And as loyal as a Wookiee," Yavascout added in.

Captain Jason Lasso came walking through the cargo hold, squeezing in between one of the walls and the military modified Seraph-class urban landspeeder and Bantha-II cargo skiff, the former of which was stripped of its military weapons and prepped for the hospital run for the Doctor and Totter, "Ready?" Jason asked.

Yavascout gave a thumbs up and the three commandos walked towards the landing ramp; the Luck's Gamble was still pretty high up in the sky, following the preplanned flight course chosen by Espo air control at the command center; a flight course that was, for the Mercs' benefit, only a few hundred meters South of their destination to the fuel and energy depot; the wing suits would easily make up the difference between the two.

Lasso grabbed onto a near-by cargo strap as he activated a wall-mounted comm, "Bridge, Commander Yavascout's team is ready. We are green."

"Copy loud and clear, Captain," came back Atin's voice, "Hold onto something."

A few moments later, the lights went red and the landing ramp opened just enough to allow passage if squeezed through. The sudden in-balance of air inside the cargo hold was enough for Jason to tighten his grip around the cargo strap. Yavascout, Havah, and Winterkill were on their own as they helped each other up the ramp incline and, in union, all jumped out of the crack between ramp and ship hull and into the night sky. They were on their own, on comm silence, on a mission only 3 commando-trained mercenaries could handle: steal fuel and energy cells quietly, hijack a transport hover truck, and then get picked up by the Luck's Gamble outside of the city. All without a shot being fired.

As the landing ramp closed, Taab and Kilo Typhon came up, the latter's armored feet clanking heavily throughout the ship, "We're next," Lasso said matter-of-factly and the three of them loaded themselves into the Bantha-II, which had been upgraded with armor and an E-Web Heavy Repeating Blaster turret on the front railing, supported by a mounted LS-150 Heavy Accelerated Charged Particle Repeater Gun (with a large ammo reserve it feed from hidden in the deck plates of the skiff) on the port side and a mounted Z-6 rotary blaster cannon (with large energy reserve under the deck platting) on the starboard side, with two HH-15 projectile launchers hidden in floor compartments on the skiff right before the drive cockpit, with eight rounds per launcher; finally, a Model CR-24 flame rile was located roughly in the middle of the skiff, in a floor compartment. Dak, the Johnny Boy's M-3PO military protocol droid, had been added to the mission at the last second, as an extra gunner / tech slicer into the Espos command post systems. Lasso took up the driving position, as Dak loosened the cargo straps. Positioning the skiff in place, Jason put on a air mask; his two fellow organic comrades had their own sealed armored suits and Dak was a highly illegal modified droid with no need for oxygen to survive.

Soon, the renamed "Coward's Run" made a noticeable and sudden drop in altitude and Lasso found himself, along with everyone on the skiff, strapped in with safety harnesses to the railings of the skiff as they dropped away from the quickly disappearing cruiser. As planned, the Coward's Run started billowing smoke and flame from one of its engines, as if the craft had lost engine parts, which would explain the sudden sensor readings from the cruiser from CSA scanners. The "emergency" would force the cruiser to land at the spaceport, instead of the cargo port; then the Doctor and Totter would head out for "supplies in town" for the ship as they awaited on repairs.

Ground, Brosi

TBC

Reference

[1] Quote from Firefly I believe.

Okay, thoughts? Added more detail, but I'm practically done. I want to add a last few lines between Taab and Lasso to help better paint the picture of the Mercs in the new game, then call it good. Is this getting too long, or would a few last words between Taab and Lasso (where the TBC is at) be okay?

greyjedi125 likes this.
  25. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    I like it, I think the length is irrelevant honestly, as long as the content is good. That being said I don't think it's too long and it held my attention very well. Is it possible for more clarity when you said "("switching" out with a docked fighter for fuel and rest)," like, Blade Dancer would seem a little inconspicuous so I get that or she wasn't the first choice for the escort? (Which I think fits her characterization of inexperience, yet eagerness. Like Winterkill said "kids." :p ) When I got to the TBC part I was left wanting to keep reading; so any more elaboration could work. But I think that's a good point to split off the groups and allow us to post IC after small intros for each group to set up their scenes. :D (i.e. a small post about the mercs making the jump in the wingsuits, then the ones on the skiff, Luck's Gamble and their escort. Like, just to give us something to go off of.)

There's a grammatical error when "Kilo shifts in his armored -" proof reading isn't a strong suit for me, but that's what I noticed.

All together I'm getting excited for it! [face_dancing]