main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Which currently untold stories do you want the most?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Apr 13, 2013.

?

Which currently-untold stories do you want the most?

1. Birth of the Republic

17.6%
  2. Rise of the Imperial Knights

25.0%
  3. Qui-gon Jinn and the Shaman of the Whills

25.0%
  4. Vergere's Journey (preferably by Stover)

22.1%
  5. Darth Ruin's fall from grace and dark reign

22.1%
  6. Luke & Leia being a Jedi team (maybe show them meeting their Naberrie grandparents, aunt, cousins)

17.6%
  7. Other...? Please share!

42.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, this is what happened when people messed with the Emperor. The operative principles are much the same:

[​IMG]

2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    *hands him a better pic*
    [​IMG]

Jedi Merkurian and LelalMekha like this.
  3. Obrusnine

Obrusnine Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2013
    I think I can just look at what happened to Darth Maul and Savage Oppress rather then those, :)

He totally destroyed them.

4. AirNeeva

AirNeeva Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2012
    None.

Suprised?

5. reagan64

reagan64 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 26, 2006
    I'd like to see something focused on Imperialization. I want to see the Empire get set up bureaucratically and people's reactions to that (and have it not be just an interlude between Jedi hunting).

6. DarthJimmer

DarthJimmer Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2013
    Qui-gon Jinn and the Shaman of the Whills for sure, I really dig Qui-gon. Luke & Leia as a jedi team has been something I've always wanted.

What I always want more of is untold stories about learning to become a Sith or Jedi. Like in the Bane trilogy for the Sith, or like I, Jedi for Jedi.
    If you guys could point out some of the books that really focus on this, that'd be amazing.
    I'm usually referred to YA novels about it, and I'm sure those cant be too great of a read for an Adult?
    (Even though I've recently started a nice collection, I've only read about 10 books so far, always open to suggestions).

7. Obrusnine

Obrusnine Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2013
    Now that I think about it, we really need a "Clone Rebellions" story. One of the biggest problems with Revenge of the Sith was the way all of the clones turned on the Jedi all at once without questioning their orders at all. It should've been more like a brother turning on brother thing, as there are some clones, like Rex for instance, that would have never betrayed the Jedi or the Republic like they did, because they're more intelligent then that, and they have enough experience to know the difference between right and wrong. I think adding in a story like that would really help the Star Wars universe.

There was that guy early in the Clone Wars who said "a good soldier knows how to do what's right". He may have turned out to be a bad guy in the end, but I think it was a good point, and there are some clones that understand that. Especially Rex after that conflict on Umbara.

8. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    There are instances of clones siding with the Jedi over their orders in Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader and the Republic Commando novels, specifically Order 66 and Imperial Commando: 501st, so it's not exactly unheard of. But further examination of the issue certainly couldn't hurt.

9. Obrusnine

Obrusnine Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2013
    I haven't really read those, but I definitely will now. My reading has been mostly focused on Post-ROTJ era. But thanks for the suggestion on those!

As you say though, a book completely focused around that type of thing would be great. In fact, if they ever release a special edition of ROTS, they should add scenes where the clones shoot at each other. It would certainly make that part of the movie make a lot more sense.

10. TychoCorde

TychoCorde Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 3, 2012
    The Founding of Imperial Knights is my top choice. Followed by Vergere (though i fear they will screw it up) then Luke and Leia searching for family. I also want to see what happens to the Vong between Unifying Force and Legacy comics...

11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Yeah, I'd really like to see this too... but only by Luceno!

I think we got enough hints about it in FOTJ... but if were to be touched upon again, Stover absolutely has to be the one to do it.

Hopefully not, if it's written by Stover. He's the only one I'd trust to write this tale too.

SiouxFan likes this.
  12. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I'd love to see a trilogy about the rise and fall of Darth Ruin, with some callbacks to Sorsus Syn, Ajunta Pall, Dreypa, Xoxaan, and Karness Muur.

If I were to dream big, this would be a collabo between Stover, Luceno, Pena, and JJM.

13. Fjw1970

Fjw1970 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 8, 2013
    This, plus what happens between the OT and the ST.

14. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Marka Ragnos, Freedon Naad, and Darth Ruin are the 3 Sith I wish to learn about the most.

Vergere's journey would be painful due to her now being a "Sith", but written by Stover i'd still pick it up. I'd also want to see Stover write a doulogy on Jacen's 5 year journey.

SiouxFan and Force Smuggler like this.
  15. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i voted Imperial Knights. But i really want to see Nomi's books as well. Also some coverage of the Hyperspace wars

Force Smuggler likes this.
  16. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    I really want a novel about Darth Gravid, the Banite Sith mentioned in the Plagieus novel who almost destroyed Bane's order after he turned to the light side. A novel about the Vong and Sekot and what the kark they were up too after their post NJO disappeared would be nice. I also wouldn't mind getting a Grand Moff Tarkin novel. He was such a great villain yet seems so criminally underused by the EU.

17. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i find tarkin a bit boring, but i agree with you about Sekot. We need that epilogue

18. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The fate of the Intimidator and of course Ackbar vs. Pellaeon.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  19. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    When is that mentioned as happening?

20. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I don't really think having any sort of story with Vergere is a good idea, even if it's written by Stover.

Have Stover write the Qui-Gon half that we didn't get to Darth Plagueis.

21. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    WTF happened on the Glory over Imperial Center, seriously.

22. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    Rereading the Enemy Lines duology and getting reacquainted with the characters, it occurred to me that I'd really love to see the Wraiths, or the Rogues, or the Big Four (Wedge, Tycho, Hobbie, Wes) or any combination go up against Mandos and tear them a new one. Their Professional Soldier act was a real contrast to the Proud Warrior Race trope (on Adumar and against the Yuuzhan Vong both), and as someone who cordially detests the Mandos... yeah.

The context can be anything you like. I'd just like to see that fight happen. And yeah, more broadly, I really hope we don't have to wait a decade for another X-wing book. If Allston got the series back off the ground, it might actually give me something to like about the post-NJO universe.

Also, while on the topic of the X-wing universe? I'd really like to see Hal Horn's story. You've got a man with Jedi heritage hiding from the Empire (we'd get to see the glory days of the Empire, too). You've got a cop operating in a place famous for its criminals and scoundrels. You've got, potentially, a whole "how do you keep law and order, which people still need, under a regime as bad as the Empire, and not become corrupted yourself?" plotline. There's plenty of material there for a few books, if only Stackpole could be persuaded.

23. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    1. Who were the Whills?
    2. Discovery of the Force
    3. Anything before Dawn of the Jedi or between the Dawn & Old Republic eras
    4. The 1,000 year "peace" when the Jedi were just cool Knights having awesome adventures
    5. Going forward in the Legacy Era
    6. More of the Old Republic, but in the style of Karpyshyn, Veitch & Jackson Miller, not the novels published to go with the online game.

I really don't want any more OT era material. It's beyond played out to me and wasn't even that interesting in the first place. This is where I'd like to see SW go in terms of tone/visuals, the wilder/crazier the better:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I love the design of those sand people
    I am not a woman but I think that those belt have too be rather tight to not make he breast fall out of them all the time

25. AlyxDinas

AlyxDinas Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2010
    The Rimward Missions of Jolee Bino.

lbr789 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.