main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion LACWAC Member Interviews (★☆★ SpecialOpsUnit & Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes ★☆★)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Todd the Jedi

19. What is your ideal sundae/dessert?

To tell you the truth, I’m not really that big on sundaes and sweet desserts in general, as I like to watch what I eat and generally limit my sugar intake. I’ll certainly snack occasionally on sweets, but not very often. Not that I have high blood-glucose levels or anything, I’m actually perfectly healthy with a BMI in the lower-normal end of the spectrum. But I’m just a very health-conscious person in general, probably due to my mom’s lectures on the perils of too much junk food as a child. So nothing unhealthy for me, really! Kids, eat your fruits and vegetables! :D

20. What world issues matter most to you?

As I’ve noted in my response to question #18, science and technology are the fields that matter most to me, which it certainly a major reason why I got into engineering and biotechnology. The United States education system from K-12 seems to lag behind most of the developed world. While more kids are going to college than ever before, it’s as much out of necessity than an actual improvement in the state of the education system; nowadays, in this economy, if you don’t have a college degree, you’ll find it very difficult to ever obtain a high-earning occupation (to say the least). Funding for research universities has seemingly dried up recently, with the government shutdown and whatnot. It is my hope that research funding doesn't ultimately get cut, as I view it as a crucial investment in the future. The most lucrative occupations seem to be the healthcare and technology sectors, such as medicine, engineering, and computer science. Just as important to me is the state of the economy, and it seems like the job market has certainly improved, but competition for the best jobs remains as fierce as ever. I’ve struggled a bit in my own search for that first full-time job, but the market is pretty big for someone of my skill set, so I remain hopeful.

Anyhow, I’d love to see the kind of advances in technology that will genuinely make our lives better, improve the lives of the aging population (our national healthcare system seems to have some issues, but for the most part, I’m politically apathetic—which I’ll need to rectify), be more environmentally conscious, and in general make the world a better place, as cliché as that sounds. War and conflict are practically always going to be inevitable, and we must do whatever possible to maintain the peace, but one thing I cannot stress enough is to snuff out ignorance and ensure as many people as possible have the necessary education and knowledge to thrive in modern society. No easy task, and practically an insurmountable problem in the context of the entire world population, one that requires far better minds than mine. With a more and more educated population, perhaps one day the specter of religious extremism could be a distant memory, and knowledge ensures that global society and well-being are improved in this ever-connected world. Remember, according to the Jedi Code, “There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.” And in today’s world, knowledge is power.

Also, I recommend to anyone interested in a proposed glimpse of the future up to a century from now, to read Michio Kaku’s Physics of the Future. It’s a wonderful book, one that a layman can read while being fun and engaging as well. The focus is primarily on science and technology, but he does occasionally dive into contemporary societal issues and what we could expect to drive the engine of future society.

P.S. Todd, is this the final question? Will there be a bonus?

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Circular Logic No, this is the final question. Yay!

21. What is the funniest thing you've ever seen/done?

3. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    Todd the Jedi

21. What is the funniest thing you've ever seen/done?

Okay, I'm going to have to cheat a little here, since I don't categorize humor like I tend to (subconsciously) categorize almost everything else. There are many things I've seen that I've found very funny over the years, but nothing truly stands out above all the others. Still, I'll post some things that I've found really amusing from playing videogames or hanging out in this forum. I'm not really a funny person IRL, and I can't recall any single moment that would constitute "the funniest thing I've ever done", regrettably.

From the Mass Effect series (I chose only clips that don't require any real in-game context to enjoy, though the funniest parts I've found always require an intimate knowledge of the game's characters and their idiosyncrasies):

Ah, and I can't forget The Big Bang Theory. Plenty of great clips, but this one will always remain one of my favorites:

LACWAC/SWTV is one of the funniest forums here in the JCF, and I've found quite a number of hilarious gems posted by LACWACkers. Some did actually succeed in making me laugh out loud.

This one is one of my personal favorites:
    [face_laugh]
    This one by The Shadow Emperor remains one of the most epic posts of the entire forum. And this gem by rumblewagon also made me LOL. I love this one here by Jordan1Kenobi too.

These posts by QuangoFett also made me LOL. I really miss Quango's presence on this forum. Those first days I was posting in LACWAC were some of the most amusing.

Sometimes you can get some epically-hilarious gems posted by LACWACkers every now and then. For example, this comment by Barriss_Coffee (always one of the most humorous users on this forum) on Clovis. Or TaradosGon's matter-of-fact opinion of Admiral Trench here. The list goes on, I'm sure I'm missing a lot of others, but these are just a few that came straight off the top of my head.

Also, everyone who frequents LACWAC is awesome in my book. You guys never fail to provide in entertainment. Please, LACWAC, though you might now be known as SWTV, never change. And though anakinfansince1983 may be the only regular here with the "LACWACky" trophy as of this posting, you guys are all LACWACky at heart! I hope that I may one day be considered LACWACky, with or without that trophy. :D

Only Circular Logic can make what should be a rather straightforward question with a straightforward answer into something that resembles a WoT. :)

I hope you guys reading enjoyed this as much as I've enjoyed posting responses to Todd's awesome questions!

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I just caught up on your last two questions. I share your concerns about education in science and technology, and while STEM education has become a much bigger priority in recent years, it's an uphill climb, especially given that there is a subset of people who still believe that kids learned better without all this newfangled stuff and what happened to basic arithmetic and we didn't have these newfangled bike helmets when I was a kid and yadda yadda. But I'll skip that rant.

Your last post...what can I say but [face_love] . LACWAC has had its ups and downs but it is the most fun and close-knit place on the boards.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    ALRIGHT, LET'S ALL GIVE ANOTHER ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR OUR INTERVIEWEE, CIRCULAR LOGIC! [face_party]

And now that my interview is over, I leave the thread to everyone else to ask CL any questions they have until the next interview. In a day or so we'll continue with a surprise guest.

6. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    ^:)^ Thank you Todd, for the interview! And everyone else who read through my lengthy WoTs. I hope I provided some entertainment for you all. I wonder who this surprise guest is. [face_thinking]

Anyways, I've tracked my likes-to-posts ratio since the beginning of the interview, and because it's actually higher than my actual, overall likes-to-posts ratio (hence an overall increase), I thought I would reward you guys with another rap I wrote, this time a cover of the first verse of T.I.'s "Live Your Life." Laugh, groan, go "oh hell", it doesn't matter to me, but I figured why not end it like how I started...with a song!

Never mind what haters say, ignore them ‘til they fade away.
    Just because I watch The Clone Wars, they think I got a childlike way.
    Can they ever learn to appreciate the galaxy far, far away?
    They think I be wasting time away, on this forum every day.
    All I gotta say is, Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade!
    Now they be jealous, ‘cause they never learned to speak Mando’a.
    Got all these Star Wars books to read, and all these Star Wars games to play.
    Some say I bolted away, but I ain’t doing work on Taungsday.
    These stories ain’t that black-and-white, they filled with all these shades of gray.
    I’m Westside anyway, even if I left for Coruscant today.
    I’ve found some fans to talk to, and discuss all things Star Wars, yay.
    Now some be arguing, all they ever do is hate away.
    So like a mod I tell ‘em, just be sure to play nice today.
    Like tribute for Lord Kowak to pay, I show them the friendly way.
    Been a fan almost all my life, and here is what I gotta say,
    LACWAC is gonna know, that Circular Logic is here to stay!

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I had originally assumed they wouldn't do something like this, but the more everyone's been discussing Ep7 and building the hype, I doubt there's any way they could avoid it. The new guys running the ST will probably be reluctant to add anything new to the Force lore, but Lucas being Lucas, I'm sure he's going to be giving them ideas from the sidelines.

lol badass response. But hopefully we don't read about you running off and becoming a mad scientist on the Moon or something someday. That sounds like the sort of zany gig that would be right up your alley. Building a nanoparticle tube up to the Moon and creating a race of superhumans. :p

8. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    I really want to know more about the Whills. They are hardly ever mentioned in the EU, and we already know quite a few things about ancient races such as the Celestials, the Kwa, and the Rakata. But next to nothing about the Whills, who play a huge role IU because they were the ones who first taught Qui-Gon Jinn how to become a Force Ghost. I think that could well be a plot point in the ST. "The Whill of the Force", so to speak.

Says the person whose occupation is apparently "MAD SCIENTIST." :p Indeed, I will create the Augments, and I will be their leader, putting myself in cryosleep along with all of them so that I may someday behold the future! But yeah, it would be awesome if one day I can apply my engineering and scientific background into something of that nature. We all can dream, right?

Still wondering who this mystery guest is. Any ideas before Todd reveals them?

Mia Mesharad and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  9. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Himself.

Circular Logic likes this.
  10. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Just want to say that this was a very enjoyable interview. As the judging nitpicky SW fans we all are, we will surely compare all future interviews to your example, Circular Logic.

Thanks for taking the time to post such well-written responses. Now we truly know you.

11. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Very true. I, for one, feel as though I know Circular Logic more intimately than does a lover.

I am well pleased by his devotion to His Imperial Majesty to such an extent that I will consider forgiving him for not placing the Emperor as number one on his list of favorite TCW characters.

12. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    LACWAC Tonight welcomes K'Kruhk!
    1. Describe your username and what makes it special in your eyes?

K'Kruhk likes this.
  13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Title updated for K'Kruhk.

14. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    Thank you, 07jonesj and Sable_Hart! ^:)^ I really appreciate your kind words!

[face_plain] Nah, that's all good. :p

I admit I'll never quite be His Majesty's fanboy quite like you and the other Imperials at Lit!

AkashKedavra_93

Interesting, looks like K'Kruhk is getting re-interviewed. Let's see what's different this time. Looking forward to this.

K'Kruhk likes this.
  15. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    BOOM!

Yes people, yours truly is back again, returning especially to do this interview. I've been away for a while so it's good to see some familiar faces again. I realise that I was the first user to be interviewed back in the day when we still had the temp forums, so I'm looking forward to this one. Thanks to Todd the Jedi for luring me back here.

You guys missed me?

I've always wanted my very own epic wars-y goosebumps-y introduction music. Thank you, Akash, you've made my dreams come true.

In fact, that music is going straight onto my iPod.

Well, I think the source of my username is obvious enough, it comes from one of my favourite characters from the Star Wars EU: K'Kruhk, the last surviving member of the old Jedi Order. When I first joined this site I was torn between choosing this name and Tyvokka, another character I liked, however K'K edged it. I don't know why, but there's just something about the two k's being side-by-side between an apostrophe that appeals to me, it's very unique. K'K. I'm just glad that K'Kruhk turned out to be such an epic character in the comics, I've followed his story since his introduction and it says a lot about his character that's he's managed to survive everything that he's been through. Wearing a freakin' sweet hat and being invincible puts the icing on the cake.

16. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    @K'Kruhk: 2. What superheroes deserve to have the ability to use the Force in your opinion?

17. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    [​IMG]

#creepy

[​IMG]

#disapproving

18. K'Kruhk

Dec 11, 2011

Barring a few Spider-Man comics, I'm not familiar with superheroes apart from the movies that have been adapted from them, so I'm going to give my answer based on the those. For me, I don't think any of them deserve the ability to use the Force, this is because they don't have the traits to do so. For one, all these superheroes display periods of anger, like Batman and Spider-Man, so what should happen if they were Force-wielders who happened to get ticked off? Something bad.

Let's look at the Star Wars universe, the only people who deserve to use the Force are the Jedi, as they are (well, the majority) raised in a way which allows them to safely harbour the Force for good needs. Now let's look at superheroes, and do they meet the same standards as the Jedi? They have emotions, many of them have loved ones. Force wielders aren't supposed to have that. What would happen if a loved one died? They would have the Force and their already existing superpowers to cause a lot of damage in a fit of rage. Could you imagine Peter Parker like that after his uncle's murder?

The only superhero I feel that even comes close to deservedly using the force is Professor Charles Xavier. From what I can remember, he was never angry, and shared many traits to those belonging to the Jedi. I think that if he were to use the Force, no consequences would come out of it as a result.

I think my answer would probably have suited a 'should they' rather than 'who deserves' better.

19. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    3. K'Kruhk: Which superhero film(s) has done the best job of capturing the essence of its respective comic counterpart(s)?

20. K'Kruhk

Dec 11, 2011

As I said in my previous answer, barring Spider-Man I'm unfamiliar with superhero comics, so I can't really answer this question as I don't have anything to compare.

Could I have a replacement question? :p

21. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Sure, sure, no problem.

3. K'Kruhk: If you could name a newly discovered planet, what would you name it and why?

22. K'Kruhk

Dec 11, 2011
    I do apologise that it's taking me a while to answer these questions, I'm very busy lately so I don't have a lot of free time to sit down and answer them.

I couldn't think of a good name so I'm going to have to be boring and name it after my pet hamster: Cuddles.

23. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Understandable, no problem.

4. K'Kruhk: If you could have dinner with five famous individuals who are deceased (but are live for this dinner), who would they be and why?

24. K'Kruhk

Dec 11, 2011

1. Michael Jackson. To me, this guy was the greatest artist of all time. His music is beautiful, his dancing was exquisite. There will never be another person quite like him, I just wish that I had met him or attended one of his concerts before his death. One of my most prized/valuable possessions is a 3" CD single signed by himself and his sister Janet.

2. Herbert Chapman. In the 1930's this guy revolutionised Arsenal Football Club and made us what we are today. Without him who knows if we would even exist any more. We all owe a lot to his legacy, and hopefully we'll soon become a major force in the Premier League and Europe once again. If you guys didn't already know, I'm a huge Arsenal fan.

3. Tupac Shakur. There are various reasons why I chose this guy, not least because it was partly because of him that I was christened with the name 'Tuhicci'. At a disco party a few years back in Poland a group of girls who I'm very close with thought it would be a good idea if I went as Tupac. I had a shirt of his and a rapper-like necklace. I borrowed a bandana from one of the girls, and they shaved all my hair off. It was quite long at the time, so everyone else was pretty shocked when I turned up bald. They all liked it so much that they called me Tuhicci. The Tu comes from Tupac, while the Hicci comes from my weird habbit of producing weird, mystifying hiccups that I can't control. He was also a brilliant artist in his own right so I would love to have dinner with him.

4. Freddie Mercury. The greatest lead-singer of all-time, from the greatest band of all-time. He was crazy, so he would bring life to this dinner.

5. Adolf Hitler or Osama bin Laden. So I could have the pleasure of killing one of them myself.

25. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    5. K'Kruhk: Five individuals again, but this time they are famous individuals who are currently alive. Who are they and why?