main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR Which Class Story Features Malgus the most?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by BOBA-FETT-82, Oct 18, 2013.

1. BOBA-FETT-82

BOBA-FETT-82 Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 19, 2002
    Which Class Story Features Malgus the most?

2. Rauno

Rauno Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 13, 2013
    Only played Knight/Warrior classes but my guess is none. He's more of a FP character.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk 2

3. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    I'd like to see more of Malgus; I just finished reading Deception and found him very interesting. Do we get to meet The Mandalorian from Boba-Fett-82's avatar?

4. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Malgus gives you Flashpoint missions throught the Empire faction levelling. Not part of the story chain per se, but once you get to Illum the planet story eventually takes you to a few flashpoints that lead to fighting him.

BOBA-FETT-82 likes this.
  5. BOBA-FETT-82

BOBA-FETT-82 Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 19, 2002
    Thanks. I wanted to get into the game and since i've ordered a 12" Sideshow Malgus i wanted to learn more about the character. Time to dust off my Sith. I mostly played Jedi before.

Dark-Fox: Her name is Shae Vizla. I think she features in the Bounty Hunter arc a lot but i haven't played it much because i heard the bounty hunter class had the worst storyline. Still she's a hot Mandalorian hence my avatar ;)

6. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013
    Bounty Hunter arc the worst storyline probably the fourth best in the game after the other three Empire classes.

7. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    Thanks Boba-Fett-82. I'm playing through Bounty Hunter right now so I look forward to meeting her. I can't see why the BH storyline is considered bad, I'm completely living out my Hunter RP fantasy, mostly thanks to Grey DeLisle's excellent voice acting.

As I'm pat of the Sith Faction, will I be getting missions from Malgus too?

8. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    Malgus is featured more or less equally across Republic/Sith lines, and the conclusion of his story involves both sides. He serves only as a flashpoint reference through the main post of the game, but is a major fixture of the Ilum plotline during the early endgame.

As to Shae Vizla, well, she does not appear in game.

9. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    No Shae Vizla? Shaem!

10. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Yeah, I don't recall her appearing at all in the BH storyline. I have only played the Agent, Consular, Trooper and Bounty Hunter.

IMO the Consular was the worst, though IMO Act 2 is pretty bad for all the classes, Act 1 and the end of Act 3 are the high points. The Bounty Hunter, until the end of Act 2 pretty much plays out - story wise - exactly like you'd expect a Bounty Hunter to be. He/She pretty much is tasked with taking out miscellaneous and unrelated targets. And while there is a story so far as what your character is trying to achieve, it's much less at the forefront of the story as it was with the other classes. Some people love it, some people hate it. Of the 4 classes I played, I would rank them as Agent >> Trooper >> Bounty Hunter > Consular, story wise anyway. Gameplay wise, I thought the Consular (I went Shadow) was a blast.

11. Master Agoraphobia

Master Agoraphobia Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2012
    I played a Sith Juggernaut all the way to max level and I noticed that, while it doesn't include more Malgus, since you've read the Deceived novel, you'll find the relationship you have with your first companion is essentially that of Malgus and the Twi'Lek (can't remember her name from the novel at the moment) in the Deceived story, which is pretty cool :)

12. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    It would be funny if Malgus and Eleena would have a child before he is stabbing her as he did. That child would become very force sensitive and Malgus would strive hard to get it to be allowed to attend the Sith-Academy of Dromund Kaas. That would be the beginning Sith will accept other species than Human or Sith to use the force-potential of "alien-species" too.