main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    You should pick the best players available so that the National team ALWAYS has the best possible chance.

Some of players who are now 32+ are on the wane, unless they provide something spectacular over an upcoming younger players in their early 20's then I'd agree they can go but I'd rather see a young player with desire, talent and isn't jaded by the England scene step up and have a go at a tournament than take the same tired old faces who have failed time and time again.

If come May/June next year and the likes of Morrison, Cleverley, Townsend, Rodwell and Barkley have had seasons that have pissed all over Carrick, Lampard, Milner and Gerrard. I would be more than happy for them to replace the older generation. If we decide that taking a couple of "old" heads for experience sake I would then take a couple of the younger "old" heads as a first option.

Either way we need to start moving on from the "Golden Generation" accept that it wasn't that golden and aside from Rooney (Who has so far been indifferent at the tournaments but epic is qualifying) we need to realise that we really need to start again.

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Rooney isn't old but he's got a lot of experience, as has Hart. They can be the veterans for the up-and-coming stars, so there is no need to include old squad members just for the sake of experience if they can no longer deliver and are taking places away from the future of the team.

3. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Adnan Januzaj, officially the most amazing young player in the history of the world (at least, until the next under under 20 year old scores a goal in the Premier League) has signed a five year contract at Old Trafford.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  4. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Fantastic "goal" from Germany. It was given!

5. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    it went through the net?

i'd forgotten how incredibly frustrating it is watching streams on the internet. i give up.

happy about Januzaj. least he won't be another Pogba. here's hoping he isn't another Macheda...

6. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Best. Substitution. Ever.

heels1785 likes this.
  7. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    EPIC.

EPIC.

EPIC.

EPIC.

8. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    We should have a meet-up at Old Trafford. We need a new photo.

9. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Need to do it quickly, too. Moyes will be out of a job pretty soon. Although, I'd certainly back him to get United out of the Championship at the first attempt so he might stick around.

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    First Eto'o goal. Very pleased with the result considering the halftime score.

11. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    I seem to recall many a lament about Moyes' substitutions from yourself...

but Smalling for Rooney? really? Giggs for Nani was bad enough

12. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Only another 29 points to go!

Yes. I was frustrated by Moyes' substitutions many times.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Southampton are not an easy side to play, that said United should not have conceded so easily and looked comfortable for most of the game.

14. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    If Southampton are pushing for a Champions League spot, they should be beating these mid-table teams

15. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Plagiarist! :p

halibut likes this.
  16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Hopefully Spurs & City will lose, which won't make United's position so bad. Those teams are currently all upper mid-table, but I don't think it's very likely come the end of the season that Southampton or Liverpool or Everton will be above them (Liverpool maybe, but only if Suarez & Sturridge stay on form).

17. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Liverpool are playing brilliantly, and that's hard to admit. They are right in the mix

18. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Despite the fact we played like crap it was good to get an away point, especially after going behind twice. We'd have lost that last year.

19. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Didn't you win it 6-0 last year?

20. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I'm obliged to say / hope that it won't last.

21. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    As am I, though your rivalry obviously goes back further than mine. But Liverpool is the only team that would cause me to disown my children should they say they want to support them.

22. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    An entirely reasonable position.

23. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005

I mean the whole 'going behind twice' thing. In that sort of scenario I don't think the team would have the mental strength to pull themselves up and get an equaliser.

24. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    There are worse teams to support than Liverpool. I don't care much for their constant nostalgia for days long gone but they currently have an excellent team and have always had great passionate supporters.

25. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    No. There aren't. Even Stoke are more acceptable.