main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2023-24 NCAA Football Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    And the Aggies pull it out on a last second field goal.

2. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Imagine my astonishment when South Carolina built up a huge lead on a team and then didn't allow them to come all the way back in the 4th quarter. :p

heels1785 likes this.
  3. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I was really mad that I fell asleep. Sounds like it was a good game. I knew it was close and I just couldn't stay awake. I need to learn to take naps when the Aggies play late. Definitely relieved to see a win this morning when I woke up after watching Manziel get injured, look fine, and then throw a few interceptions.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Haha, I grew up in Columbia, I can totally understand that, Rew.

The SEC East is going to be a fascinating run to the finish. South Carolina and Florida still have Missouri, but without their QB, I think each should win, and Missouri will fall away. Without Gurley and Marshall, and with a very exposed and mediocre defense, Florida should handle Georgia and knock them out of the title run at the Cocktail Party.

All comes down to Florida @ South Carolina on November 16th for the right to lose to Alabama. I give SC the edge, Murphy struggled against LSU, and Carolina's defense is very comparable.

Rew likes this.
  5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Can we officially ban anyone from claiming that Stanford's loss to Utah was due to the rigors of having just played Washington if they dismissed the Ohio State win at Northwestern?

6. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Central Florida upsets Louisville after being down 28-7 in the 3rd- they scored 3 TDs in just over 4 minutes of play to come back. Damn, another top 10 team falling

7. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    That would only be true if Oregon loses to Washington State tomorrow night.

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I am so proud of my Vols today. After the way we played against Georgia, and now pushing South Carolina, we have a real chance at attracting some great recruits and pulling our program out of this hole.

I pick FSU to win 34-24 tonight. Clemson does not have a good defense, and I think that will show up tonight.

9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    We did it!

And Vandy beats Georgia! Big day for the bottom half of the East.

10. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Vandy and Tennessee with the huge upsets today. Can the media now please stop with their SEC bias?

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    It'll end if Oregon beats Alabama for the national title.

12. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Bradley Roby is a moron who has lost millions of dollars this year

13. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I am legitimately upset about that Carolina-Tennessee game right now. Not least of which is because I completely saw it coming, miles away. I was tempted to start yelling at the TV as soon as Spurrier took those two completely pointless, wasteful timeouts on 4th down. Just, ****. I really wanted that win with things as they are now in the SEC East. [face_plain]

(The real kicker would be if, in addition to our loss, if Clemson beat FSU tonight. That would pretty much be the worst possible outcome for today football-wise.)

14. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Let's go, Iowa and Auburn! Make some more upsets!

burrisjedimaster1 likes this.
  15. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    So is anybody keeping up with this Grambling State situation.

For the link phobic: On Wednesday Grambling State fired it's second coach in two months, players revolted and refused to play and Grambling's game vs. Jackson State was cancelled today.

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    TD catch in the Stanford game prolly best I've ever seen.

timmoishere likes this.
  17. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
  18. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    FLORIDA STATE FLORIDA STATE FLORIDA STATE!

DAR, Rew and heels1785 like this.
  19. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Aaaaaaaand LSU goes down too. What a weird day.

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Is this just Clemson Clemsoning? Or is Florida State this good?

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

The first one. Clemson has a poor secondary, and FSU does not have a glaring weakness like that. Clemson didn't play all that well against a very average BC team last week- but they have flashy players in Boyd and Watkins that are ESPN-friendly. I think they'll lose to South Carolina and probably end up where they usually do, in the Peach Bowl or something against LSU or Georgia. I'd even say that Miami is the second best team in the ACC, after FSU.

But I also think FSU is really good- on par with Oregon? Maybe. On par with Bama? No way. However, if they go unbeaten, I'd give Winston the Heisman over Mariota.

TahiriVeilaSolo69 likes this.
  22. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    I just saw the replay of that. Shades of the last Giants/Pats Super Bowl.

heels1785 likes this.
  23. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    At this point Oregon looks unstoppable.

24. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    You know they are unstoppable when they can legitimately struggle during certain parts of the game and still end up scoring 60+.

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    So does Baylor. I would love to see that offensive matchup.