main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well, I've had the idea for some kind of leader that would be opposed to the Jedi since before the casting call was released but that character description did motivate me to develop him a bit more. In the backstory I've created for the character he was a rebel who was captured early in the war and was a prisoner of war for the remainder of the conflict. So he suffered first hand under the rule of a Force user and it has warped his view on them all. This is why I wouldn't have him be a secret Force user because the very essence of his character is the complete opposite of that. He's terrified of another Force user or users hiding themselves in the government and that's the reason why he's such a zealot.

Dra--- and Nenim Chela like this.
  2. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    This is very true. The Sith go through a very rigorous training. It's like bitch training. I tend to think it would be difficult to be a hardcore Sith without the training confined to a Master and Apprentice relationship. The way it's depicted in 'Darth Plagueis' is very intense.

That being said, all Masters like checks and balances in their relationships, never allowing potential enemies to feel comfortable. I like Tarkin in hindsight, one trusted by the Emperor, and 'holding Vader's leash'. Not Force-Sensitive, but competent and trusted. Vicious. I've recently wondered, considering Darth Vader's vacillation in ROTJ, if he didn't unconsciously set Tarkin up. Vader didn't necessarily like Tarkin or the Death Star. You get the sense they put him on the 'outs' with the Emperor. I keep thinking, when Tarkin says, 'This had better work' and 'I'm taking an awful risk' that Vader could, in part, foresee the outcome and says, "This will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of Kenobi and it will seen the end of the Rebellion". Well, he was 50/50.

Except Vader survived. Tarkin didn't.

3. Nenim Chela

Nenim Chela Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2013
    [/quote]Well, I've had the idea for some kind of leader that would be opposed to the Jedi since before the casting call was released but that character description did motivate me to develop him a bit more. In the backstory I've created for the character he was a rebel who was captured early in the war and was a prisoner of war for the remainder of the conflict. So he suffered first hand under the rule of a Force user and it has warped his view on them all. This is why I wouldn't have him be a secret Force user because the very essence of his character is the complete opposite of that. He's terrified of another Force user or users hiding themselves in the government and that's the reason why he's such a zealot.[/quote]

I'm opposed to back story for characters in general (long live David Mamet), but SW does have quite a lot of that and your character's back story would be simple and easy to convey, in that he's the Ex-Prisoner of War suffering from PTS, which we haven't really seen in SW.

4. demolition18

demolition18 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 15, 2005
    I think that there should be an animated television series in between Return of the Jedi and Episode 7 to fill in the gaps and be back stories on new characters. There's going to be 2 shows in between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. One if live action in the 19 year timeline and Rebels is animated starting out 5 years before the events of a New Hope. There could be one hour television cartoon shows in between Return of the Jedi and Episode 7. It would cost more I think for live action than animated in between Episodes 6 and 7. Many of us want Darth Plaguies to be the main villain of the sequel trilogy as he comes back to life and could be killed in Episode 9.

Dra--- likes this.
  5. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    There will be for sure something released that spans the time between ep6 and 7.

Nenim Chela likes this.
  6. Nenim Chela

Oct 2, 2013
    [/quote]Theoretically this sort of thing can happen among the Jedi themselves. Yet the Jedi have no Rule of Two. I think you're talking about Dark Jedi. I think it'd be cool in th ST if a small group of Sith, led by an idealistic Dark Sider (maybe an anti-hero (another anti-hero?!)) decided to throw caution to the wind and dispose of the Rule of Two all together. A more cynical Palpatine-type of master mind (maybe a female Palpatine!), who might not even be an official Sith to begin with, would be observing and studying this developing train wreck from afar and ultimately emerge from the shadows as a full-blown Sith to impose the Rule of Two once more. This is the kind of process I would have liked to have seen in Palpatine/Sidious during the PT. >=)[/quote]

D'oh. This is basically Plagueis's story, apparently.

7. Illuminated

Illuminated Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    Great theories and ideas up in here.

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  8. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    People talk a lot about having an Imperial remnant or leftover Empire fragments. The issue I have is, what is actually left of the Empire without Vader or Palpatine?

You have a bunch of brainwashed zombies in armor who were pretty much remote controlled by the Emperor.

You have a bunch of stuffy white guys known as Imperial officers who were no more threatening than somebody's uncle Frank.

What threat or evil do these entities pose?

Bob Octa and purplerain like this.
  9. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    So you're saying we know who every member of the Empire is. How do we know that?

Immortiss, Force Smuggler and LawJedi like this.
  10. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Well LFL has introduced the new Villain for Star Wars Rebels as "the Inquisitor" a guy tasked by Vader to hunt down the remaining Jedi. Its easy to see who ever takes over the remnants of the empire to approach this guy, who obviously survived the outcome of Episode VI and ask him to hunt down Luke and the new Jedi. The Character is being created by Simon Kinberg who is also consulting on Episode VII. Coincidence? I think not. The future of the Star Wars might start with "The Inquisitor " from Star Wars Rebels. Its all falling into place you just have to connect the dots or in this case the pixels.;)

[​IMG]

Dra--- likes this.
  11. Nenim Chela

Oct 2, 2013
    [​IMG][/quote]

The the purpose that the character serves in "Rebels" is pretty cool.

12. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    We'll see. He certainly evokes a combination of Vader and Maul. Interesting to see animated Stormtroopers who we now know are human volunteers and not clones. I really like that we have a definitive answer on that.

Dra--- likes this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So this is what I have so far:​
    Star Wars
    Episode VII
    A Lingering Darkness
    It starts out above Corellia where see a damaged Republic vessel hanging in space and a Star Destroyer moving towards it like a predator closing in on its prey. Instead of Imperial officers and stormtroopers though the Star Destroyer is filled with some pretty nasty looking pirates and mercenaries. However, just as they're starting to arm themselves in preparation of boarding, a much larger Republic starship blasts out of hyperspace. It's a trap and the damaged vessel was merely bait to draw in the pirate ship. There's a fight aboard the Star Destroyer as Republic marines attempt to storm the bridge. Two pirates make their way through the fighting and steal a shuttle to make their escape. I don't have names for them but one of them is human while the other is alien. Their ship is seen by the smaller Republic vessel which was feigning damage and it moves to intercept it. The two pirates try to evade but are eventually shot down and crash on Corellia. Meanwhile, Han Solo has boarded the Star Destroyer and confronts the ship's commander. The commander is General Veers but he is no longer the young arrogant Imperial officer we remember. He is dressed in rags and has a very thick gray beard (he's a very well-known war criminal now so he has to hide his appearance.) He's placed in binders and Han tells his men to take him to the brig to await trial back on Coruscant.​
    On the planet Corellia, the two pirates make their way to the spaceport of Gordon (placeholder name until I can think of a better one :p) where they plan on stealing another ship so they can get off the planet as soon as possible. Unfortunately, they're stopped by Corellian security forces who discover that they are known criminals and arrest them. The head of the security forces is Han's uncle (a new character not the one from the EU) and he plans on sending the two pirates back to a prison planet where they escaped from. Deak Solo, Han's son, is a junior officer in the security forces and a cadet at the Republic academy on Corellia. He's a rebellious character and doesn't like that his parents are very rarely around (Leia is Supreme Chancellor and Han is a general). The pirates notice his desire to escape and tempt him with stories about their plunders of the planet Korriban. Eventually, Deak breaks them out and together they steal the Millennium Falcon and fly away from the planet. The pirates are just using him of course and plan to backstab him when the opportunity presents itself.​
    The Millennium Falcon arrives at Korriban and they land on a cliff near the Valley of the Dark Lords. Just as they are about to exit the Falcon a huge creature attacks the ship and its passengers. All three are about to be killed when a hooded figure jumps into the fray and fights off the beast with a lightsaber. The figure drops her hood to reveal herself as Nomi Skywalker. She tells them that she noticed the Falcon going in for a landing and assumed it was Han. When she went to investigate she saw the creature attacking them and realized it definitely wasn't Han. She takes them back to an old abandoned shack where her father is. Luke and Nomi had gone to investigate the planet but crashed landed and haven't been able to contact anyone for assistance. Luke has sensed an evil entity on the planet and fears that it may be Palpatine.​
    As all this is going on, Han arrives back to Coruscant and the trial of Veers begins. At his trial, he testifies that he went to Korriban to plunder the Sith artifacts there but that he was driven from the planet by a group of Force users. From here all I have is that Luke and company go to explore the Valley of the Dark Lords (the pirates trying to get as much plunder before they make their way back to the Falcon and abandon the rest) and that they encounter this dark entity before being attacked by the same group that forced Veers off the planet. They escape to the Millennium Falcon and leave the planet headed for Coruscant. Once there Luke argues that they must figure out who this entity is while the zealot that I mentioned from an earlier post wants to wipe out everything on the planet with an orbital bombardment. I'm not exactly sure how the end battle goes but I do know that it would involve Han and his forces trying to fight off the forces of the zealot while Luke confronts this group once again.​
    Obviously, it needs a lot of work but it's just a rough idea I have.​

14. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013
    There is a rumor that David Oyelowo is going to be in both Rebels and the ST.

If his character is one of the good guys maybe we'll see the Falcon get taken out along with 1-2-3 of Han, Leia, Luke, and the younger heroes end up on the Ghost with Oyelowo's character providing guidance.

15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Theoretically this sort of thing can happen among the Jedi themselves. Yet the Jedi have no Rule of Two. I think you're talking about Dark Jedi. I think it'd be cool in th ST if a small group of Sith, led by an idealistic Dark Sider (maybe an anti-hero (another anti-hero?!)) decided to throw caution to the wind and dispose of the Rule of Two all together. A more cynical Palpatine-type of master mind (maybe a female Palpatine!), who might not even be an official Sith to begin with, would be observing and studying this developing train wreck from afar and ultimately emerge from the shadows as a full-blown Sith to impose the Rule of Two once more. This is the kind of process I would have liked to have seen in Palpatine/Sidious during the PT. >=)[/quote]

D'oh. This is basically Plagueis's story, apparently.[/quote]
    Actually it's Jar Jar's story

Nenim Chela likes this.
  16. Nenim Chela

Oct 2, 2013

Earlier today I posted a rough portrait of who I see as the hero of Episode 7. Here's some context:

Between the events of ROTJ and Episode 7, Luke secretly has a child with Mara Jade. He did it out of love, whereas she was more interested in producing a god. Surprise, surprise, they end up producing a baby girl (or boy) who cannot wield the Force at all. Disgusted, Mara disowns the child and Luke goes off to Tattoine to live in disgrace. The powerful and influential Solos adopt the child, who, along with the audience, doesn't know her/his true heritage until the end of Episode VII. The Solos plan to marry off the adopted child--now a princess or a prince, to an old world, aristocratic family (yep) that happens to be the main political rival of both the Solos and The New Republic. The child has different plans...

That OP was a bit broader than I originally gleaned, as I've been running this stuff on my iPhone in between stops all day. (As I'm doing now) 8-} I think I should provide a little more context to the hero's journey here in terms of plot, which isn't necessarily appropriate to that thread:

In that all of the carnal business that transpires between Mara Jade and Luke Skywalker is meant to take place between the events of ROTJ and Episode 7 (Clear, right?), I wasn't trying to make it about The Big 3, as my speculative story would not begin with any of them as protags at the start of Episode 7. But the hero's relation to these characters obviously provides context for her/his character.

So yeah. In my speculative journey for the hero here, then, my Forceless princess (or prince) is the high-profile target for assassins the masters of whom feel threatened by her/his political importance as her role is to essentially unite the New Republic through marriage (an archaic practice, no doubt). (The ideological Solos represent technological progress while the rival family represents religious fundamentalism.) Guided by an unlikely mentor (hint: he glows (thanks Immortiss)), the princess/prince then embarks a daring and perilous journey as she outraces some kind of baddass assassin (no, not Darth Maul) in search of... the legendary Luke Skywalker. As all of this transpires, several other issues are at play:

Mara Jade is losing control over of the Jedi council (over which she assumes leadership once Luke busts an Obi-wan and heads out to the desert) as a Jedi Jihad is growing under the banner of a young Force-user (gender would depend on the hero's gender) who is rumored to be the off-spring of Luke Skywalker (another Fallen Jedi. [face_sick] I know. An unavoidable device in my estimation. At least for now.). And, yes, the Sith lurks in the shadows. [face_devil] Work still in progress...

NOTE: If it's obvious that I'm cannibalizing, er, rhyming, elements from both TPM and ANH it's because I am. The ST ought to bridge the gap between those trilogies while setting-up the table for something completely new, IMHO.

Immortiss and Darth Archimage like this.
  17. Nenim Chela

Oct 2, 2013
    ... Luke's whereabouts here should also probably be more mysterious than good 'ole Tatooine... Somewhere more perilous, mysterious or remote... (Man... I really should be working on my own scripts [face_blush]... )...

Immortiss likes this.
  18. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    I want to see one of the Skywalker kids go postal and Luke have to make the choice to either spare his/her life or kill them.[face_skull]

Sith-Mullet likes this.
  19. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    An evil clone of Obi Wan becomes Emperor, builds an army of Death Stars and cyborg Super Battle Droid / Storm Troopers and blows up Coruscant. His apprentice is Darth Angrilor, a fallen Jedi taught by Luke Skywalker. Luke's new planet, Andortooine, is besieged by the enemy. Ahsoka returns leading an army of old Clone Troopers. Then young Ani wakes up in his bedroom on Tatooine and it turns out that the whole Saga was a dream. He's not even a slave, he's just an ordinary kid. Then Old Luke wakes up and it was all a dream within a dream, he never turned Vader, he's been kept in a Virtual Reality Prison by the Emperor for 30 years. Then he wakes up again and it was all a dream within a dream within a dream and it's the eve of battle between the New Republic and the New Emperor and it is revealed that the Obi Wan clone isn't a clone it's Luke's lost son who underwent cosmetic surgery and returned for vengeance. At the last minute Admiral Ackbar reveals that he's been working on a super weapon that only kills evil people and he kept it secret for fear it would fall into the wrong hands. Anyway they let the thing go off !!!!!BOOOOOM!!!!! and it all ends with a huge Gungan parade and Ewok picnic.

Master Blaster and Darth Raiden like this.
  20. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Reminds me of a theory I read somewhere that the PT would reveal Obi-Wan to be a light-side clone of Palpatine.

21. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Exactly.

darklordoftech likes this.
  22. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    My current (ever-changing) discombobulated version of Episode VII:

After [Planet X] is accepted into the [New Republic], the planet’s General and his small army are denied acceptance into the galactic military for their limited force abilities (for historical reasons). Only wanting to protect their own planet, the ex-military protest the [New Republic]. The protests lead to destruction of the [New Republic's] property, each incident becoming increasingly threatening.

On her way to negotiate with the resistance group, President Leia Organa-Solo is exposed by an influential religious leader as the daughter of Darth Vader. Leia and her son are arrested, but they use the force to escape and meet up with Han and Chewbacca. During her arrest, the ‘Religious Leader’ tells Leia that Luke has been detained on a [Prison Planet] for years.

Using his wits and what's left of military status, Han Solo, the former leader of the Galactic military uncovers the coordinates of Luke’s location. Leia, Han and the fugitive group find Luke and attempt to rescue him and his two adopted kids. Han and one of Luke’s kids are killed in the process, the rest escape.

Luke and Leia figure out it was the same “Religious Leader” who had them both arrested and work to discover how he knows so much about them. Luke is contacted through the force with a voice from the dark side who threatens the destruction of the remaining Jedi, once and for all.

The out of session Senate buildings are destroyed on Coruscant.

Dra---, Immortiss and Nenim Chela like this.
  23. Nenim Chela

Oct 2, 2013
    Liking the General and the overall frame story, how a new uprising is in the works and the themes, in particular the role that religion wil play in all of this... Also, I like how you use Leia's heritage as a plot point. Yes, I agree that we shouldn't take it for granted that anyone other than the elder Solo-Skywalkers will know about their link to Vader...

Dra--- likes this.
  24. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I've always liked the idea of a modern Earth like society devoid of hope with no prior knowledge of The Force tapping into it. Like an isolated civilization from the rest of the galaxy, or a civiliization in a post apocalyptic/reconstruction society.

Have somebody find a fossilized lightsaber and activate it at one point.

25. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Episode VII

The Empire has been defeated & a New Republic has been formed. However the scars of the Empire & the decades of war remain. There has been a backlash against the notion of the Force from within the political sphere & the wider population. The rise of Palpatine, Vader & even going back to the Clone Wars & Dooku are all portrayed as a result of the infighting & corruptibility of Force users, namely the Jedi & the Sith. The claim is they are too powerful & even Jedi were shown to be seduced by this power. After Palpatine the New Republic leaders are paranoid about a powerful Force user ever holding a position of influence again. Despite the objections of a minority including Leia, it is decided not to reinstate the Jedi Order as protectors. Due to these fears it is hoped by many that the Force will fade out of all knowledge & existence.

Despite these developments, Luke was determined to carry out Yoda's charge of passing on his knowledge of the Force. However he could not do so within the Republic. Though greatly saddened by this "new world" he decides to respect the law & leaves the boundaries of the Republic. He establishes a base at a far off remote location. He takes on an apprentice, maybe a few.

Cutting to the chase, when an old Imperial bad guy shows up with the former Imperial fleet (& a Sith or some nasty old Jedi) the New Republic is quickly overwhelmed. They soon realise that aided by the Dark Side this isn't an enemy they can hope to defeat via conventional means. Eventually the Republic appeals to Luke & co to save the day. An emissary is sent to him asking for help, maybe Han with Chewie. Of course some of the "next generation" will be also be key players in the fight. To up the personal motivation for Luke I'd have the bad guys either capture or kill Leia. That ought to fire him up. Another thought, perhaps the bad guys publicly discredit Luke by revealing he is the son of Vader.

Dra--- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.