main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeaaaah that was beautiful. What you mean Manning makes bad throws when you put a lot of pressure on him? Never noticed that before. Never.

2. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Great football tonight!

I was literally in the middle of saying how the Browns might've gotten the better end of the Richardson deal right as he fumbled lol :p

3. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Literally every quarterback ever does this.

4. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    But Manning is no mere mortal. He craps golden footballs and never makes mistakes!

But seriously he doesn't play very well when pressured a lot and some QBs do a better job. Or are we not allowed to say any QBs are better at anything?

5. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't think that check cleared from the Broncos to the refs, solojones.

6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm not so sure Denver didn't recover the ball on their latest turnover.

Sent from my iPhone 5... take that, Wocky!

7. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    They cashed it at halftime and laughed all the way to the bank. Then just let Denver's scummy players kill themselves and melt down.

8. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012

9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    The point of that clip is that Michael is totally unreasonable and his opinion of Toby makes no sense... so thanks :p

The never ending punt....

10. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I mean, I despise the Cowboys but I don't spend every other post in the thread trashing on them and Romo.

xblackout, s65horsey and Juliet316 like this.
  11. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Certainly you can offer other QBs as better. Who said anything about that? Just because you've got an axe to grind here doesn't mean that every single quarterback performs worse when they have pressure. Some perform better. Here, I will help your list, since you're so keen to always deride Manning: Dan Marino. Now you add one. This is fun.

12. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    So...kind of like you and Peyton Manning?

s65horsey likes this.
  13. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I love you guys! [:D]

14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Every single Pats game is just a string of everyone in this thread hating on Brady. Get one person who doesn't like Manning and everyone gets all bent out of shape about it. Please remember he also plays for our biggest rival. It's not unreasonable to hope he fails guys.

15. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    That was such an entertaining night of football... tomorrow is going to be a let down.

:p

Sent from my iPhone 5... take that, Wocky!

LloydChristmas likes this.
  16. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Except today...when no one mentioned him at all. And last week it was "I hate Brady cuz he's so good." Which is completely different from how you go about your posts.

17. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

xblackout likes this.
  18. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Eli is always a letdown.

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah sorry not apologizing for hating the QB of our biggest rival. I hate John Elway, too.

20. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    I'd almost believe that, but you hated him long before he was the Broncos QB. I've been here awhile. You can't fool me. :p

21. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    You know, I may call them the Patricheats, but even I give Brady his due every now and then (if only because all the practice filming in the world wouldn't help Belicheat if Brady wasn't as good as he was).

22. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Patricheats is such an awful nickname. You should stop saying that. It does not work.

thebeanpole likes this.
  23. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Great game tonight. My wife kept giving me the stink eye to turn football off since I had been watching it all day but it was way too good a game.

24. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    ESPN is saying Sam Bradford tore his ACL.

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

I hated him then because he was on the other side of our last two playoff losses as well, games I was at. Somehow we always wound up playing the Colts in the post season. But in general obviously I dislike him. And in general a lot of people here DO gloat when Brady makes a mistake. It happened last week before he bounced back. Everyone was ragging on him. Which I think is fine. If you're watching a game currently with a player in it you don't like, what the hell is wrong with posting about it? It's evidently fine for everyone except Manning.

And though I've always hated Manning, I didn't used to watch many of his games or comment on him as much. But now he plays for our scumbag rivals, so what do you want? Again, last week everyone was enjoying Brady playing poorly for a while. But God forbid anyone not dote on dear little Peyton.