main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Whither Coruscant?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LottDodd, Oct 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    What in the **** is happening right now?

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  2. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
  3. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I love it but shouldn't the umbrella poles be lit up? ;)

4. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Kinda like the Atlantic ocean is all pristine because all the rich dirtbags live o the East Coast. Meanwhile the enttire Pacific is being murdered by Fukushima in full meltdown, no one bats an eye, and no one seems to care.

5. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I am pretty sure there are rich "dirtbags" on the West Coast too, especially in California. But I get your point.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This thread got all political all of a sudden.

LawJedi likes this.
  7. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Corellia inspiration? :) Meesa liken.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Corellia inspiration is great for this thread. Enviro-socio-political debating is not. We have a Senate forum.

9. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm sure they'll find a nice brewery to stand-in for that otherworldly painting.

10. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I used to think that too, but that's like saying why wasn't America ravaged during World War II.

11. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

Pearl Harbour?

12. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    The Aleutian Islands where invaded by Japan too, plus many other US bases and territories in the Pacific where hit too. Not to mention all our ships being blasted in the Atlantic and Pacific by submarine wolf packs, etc...

However back to the lack of damage... I think that was the point of the prequal trilogy that Corcusant not really get hit. Fear drove them to make an irrational choice to form an Empire for 'a secure society'. If history shows anything bombing a city doesn't break their will, it typicially makes the public realize they have no control over it and lose some of their preconceptions and fears.

So actually bombing Corcusant might have inversley made it harder to turn the Republic into an Empire, by capture the Palpatine the Seperatists proved they could have bombed Corcusant thus allowing rampant fears of what could have happened run wild in the minds of the citizens rather than having a city wide planet realize they actually could have defended the planet better if the seperatist divided their forces to bomb the city wide planet rather than focusing all there forces to push through the defences in a single spot to get through and capture Palpatine. Plus once a bombing actually took place Palpatine could have taken blaim for the deaths and any incopasitation to the cities infustructre after, he needed sympathy for his plan to work and any anger at him for prior failures might have actually made some citizens actually agree with the Jedi who tried to remove him from power. The whole scheme was to make Palpatine the only hope which needed him to appear to be essential, which was played off to the citizens by the seperatists trying to capture him rather than just blasting the city planet to bits.

13. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    : : : :) ::::
    :)

Technically, Hawaii wasn't a part of the U.S., then.

14. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Yes it was, it just wasn't a state. It was an Organized incorperated territory of the US back then, which meant legally part of the US, it just couldn't vote back then nothing more.

15. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    I was just being anal. :)

16. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    Due to the introduction of Inquisitors into canon, I saw in the Wookiepedia entry that in the EU they were based in the Jedi temple... So Rebels could show us why the temple is still standing during ROTJ celebration...

17. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    You must have missed this kind of big scene in ROTS:

18. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Well.

Speaking as the guy who has a username named after the planet Coruscant... I would rather not see Coruscant in the new trilogy. Let's get to some new planets, planets that have only made a single appearance so far, or maybe a few planets we've heard of only in the EU. There's been plenty of Coruscant for now, especially of the political scene that was done to death by the end of Episode III.

19. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I don't know. I'm seeing a battle in space above Coruscant. Not a battle on Coruscant itself.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR: Why is America an appropriate analogy for Coruscant? I think Germany makes more sense. And Germany had plenty of damage done to it in WW2.

Anyway, what I'm talking about is something more dramatic and tension making than what we get at the beginning of Sith. I'd have written it where we actually see Padme and others on the planet in danger of being bombed. Then we feel some actual concern for a moment. Meanwhile, Anakin and Obi are in fighters trying to protect Coruscant from major damage until they realize Palpatine has been kidnapped and then they follow Grievous into space and we get what Sith starts off with: a space battle.

So since we do have a Coruscant battle at the beginning of Sith, I guess people can stop arguing that Palpatine wouldn't want the war that close to him.

20. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I want to see Alderaan, plot and logic holes be damned.

Skywalker Thing and Dra--- like this.
  21. JediGirl_Angelina

Jan 12, 2003
    Maybe as a flashback?

purplerain likes this.
  22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That would be logical so no.

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe it will be the first planet to be cloned?

24. JediGirl_Angelina

Jan 12, 2003
    Sometimes I do wonder what you are smoking. :) Nevertheless, thanks for the daily dose of awesomeness. You cheer me up every time I log in to the forums. :D

25. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    by Plagueis!

Force Smuggler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.