main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Did Mace survive after his fall?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Frankakin skywalker, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Ganger

Ganger Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    Yeah and the Sarlacc ate him up and even burped. Anything else is EU overkill.

2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    If Darth Maul survived then Mace Windu is without alive. He was my favorite movie character though so I'm being extremely optimistic lol. I really hope he comes back in the ST.

DarthMaulFTW and Paparazzo like this.
  3. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I think the general consensus on this topic is that, no, Mace Windu did not and could not have survived his fall, just as in similar fashion Darth Maul did not and could not have survived both his dismemberment and fall.....BUT....now that Maul is somehow among the living once more, then sure, Windu could have easily survived his fall. I'm sure he's masquerading as a one arm beggar in the lower slums of Coruscant, waiting for the right time to strike back and make a difference, most likely in episode 4 of season 2 of Rebels.

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I fully agree that Mace is without alive. :p

BigAl6ft6, SlashMan and Darkslayer like this.
  5. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    I wrote a fan fiction about what happens to Mace Windu a while back

6. bibfortuitous

bibfortuitous Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 7, 2000
    Well done. Keep it to yourself.

SithHorseman likes this.
  7. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    I can't believe that this thread has eleven pages, especially since the original poster's question can be so easily answered.

8. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Put it in the fan fiction set. Worth a read. :D

Though Mace is dead in-canon, though. Sorry.

9. Vaapad Master Daeg Tynan

Vaapad Master Daeg Tynan Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013
    LOL... agreed... then again we can pretend that he summoned Force Wind to sweep him to safety during his fall and he's living now in comfortable retirement in a nice little cabin overlooking a serene pond on the dark side of the moon....

10. tejdog1

tejdog1 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2008
    Windu is chilling with Kirk in the Nexus :D
    Neither of them died.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. Master Mini 907

Master Mini 907 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2013
    Sure... Him, Kit Fisto and Plo Koon are all alive just letting the Sith take over the republic and create the Empire!! :D

12. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    Luke Skywalker had hand sliced off, was zapped mercilessly with electricity and had to do cartwheels with Yoda on his back. (Status: Survived)

Anakin/Darth Vader had arm sliced off, was sliced in half then sent barreling into a lava pit, was zapped mercilessly with electricity and had Hayden Christiansen portray him. (Status: Survived)

Darth Sidious suffered from self-inflicted damage due to his own lightning attack being deflected back his way. (Status: Survived)

Darth Maul sliced in two. (Status: Survived)

Boba Fett fell into a Sarlaac pit and was slowly digested. (Status: Survived)

Mace Windu had hand sliced off, was zapped mercilessly with electricity and fell out a window. (Status: Survived?? Why not, everyone else got to).

13. Master Mini 907

Master Mini 907 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2013
    Boba didn't survive

That's why I'm a master!!

14. SkywalkerJedi02

SkywalkerJedi02 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 3, 2013
    It's hard to say if he is still alone as it was never really confirmed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Unfortunately, Windu is not a dark side user. I think Maul survived because of his hatred.

16. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    There's nothing stopping Mace from getting resurrected in the EU or in a future films -- spinoff or otherwise.

He died an unremarkable "death." He had his hand cut off, which is non-fatal. He was zapped with lightning -- whilst everyone else that gets zapped with lightning in the films survives. And then he's thrown from a window, when we've seen on a couple occasion characters fall from great heights and survive. I've seen the argument made that he was already dead before he was even pushed from the window, but based on evidence shown in the films itself, I can't see anything to definitively prove that one way or another.

His survival would be easier to explain away than Maul's for sure.

It really comes down to how badly they want Mace back and if it's bad enough to warrant retconning his death. Because as far as deaths go, he's would be simple to retcon.

The biggest hurdle though for something like him showing up in the ST would be to justify where he had been and what he had been doing for over two decades, and by the time of the ST -- depending on the timeframe it takes place in -- he might be dead from old age anyway.

If they ever do retcon his death, I figure his continued appearances would be limited to the Dark Times era, whether it be in the upcoming Rebels TV show or a spinoff film.

The easiest solution would be to leave him dead. I feel like Mace surviving, like Maul surviving, just irreparably makes it so that I can't view those "death" scenes in the same light anymore and it weakens the power of the scene.

17. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    As far as the six films go, he is dead as is Boba. With the EU, they can do thing differently since it is not the same universe as the films.

18. Rauno

Rauno Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 13, 2013
  19. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Excuse you!

That is season premiere/finale game-changing material!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. Ezekial

Ezekial Jedi Master star 3

May 24, 2002
    I really hope that he returns in Star Wars Rebels. That would be awesome. And he becomes a "Dark Jedi" who is out on a quest for revenge vs Anakin. Evil vs Evil.

Oh, and Darth Maul did survive being chopped in half. It is GL canon in the Clone Wars. Darth Maul lives.

21. deadly jp

deadly jp Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 27, 2014
    It dont make sense for mace to return in episode 7, he didnt learn the force ghost technique but I think mace windu did survive because in ROTJ, luke suffered more tense force lighting then mace and still survived also mace could of landed on a speeder.

Master Jordan likes this.
  22. Sariel2005

Sariel2005 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2014
    Mace is cool and badass, yeah he survived the fall and went underground. Bit like Bruce Wayne at the end of The Dark Knight Returns.
    Also Aayla Secura survived, she used the force to absorb all those blaser bolts and survived, cause I like her too, she is hot.

Plo Koon is dead though I mean Screw that guy right?

deadly jp likes this.
  23. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    the reason there weren't is because he died. the amputation, electrocution and fall taken individually could have been survived but all together it was too much. he was probably unconscious when he fell anyway.

you could say that they can bring anyone back in fiction but his total lack of mention or presence in the ot pretty much confirm his demise. also the emperor would have made sure every jedi was dead and almost all were.

24. Deltron3030

Deltron3030 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2014
    If Mace comes back grafted to the body of a spider, I quit.

BigAl6ft6 and thejeditraitor like this.
  25. Drewdude91

Drewdude91 Jedi Knight star 3

May 21, 2011
    Even if he survived, he would've been 76 during ROTJ, making him about 106 during the ST. Granted, Dooku was 83 when he died, but would he have lived to be 106? Highly doubt it. Besides, a super old Mace Windu would just not be fun to watch. He's best left dead.

deadly jp likes this.