main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Literature member interviews

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I swear, I keep thinking I'm in the social thread the past few days. I'll give Jack a little nudge so we can hopefully get back on track.

JackG, get your ass back in this thread or so help me god I'll start getting into the semantics of the views one can have on something they have not read or watched!

:p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    You can't really have a valid viewpoint on cannibalism until you try it yourself.

RC-1991 likes this.
  3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    This thread.
    o_O

The thing is, the show is butchering Stannis in their efforts to streamline the show, which is a real pity. In the books we know from the get-go that Stannis is using Mel as a means to an end: the Iron Throne of Westeros, which is his by rights.
    And if Dany is infertile, and "Aegon" a Blackfyre, then he is Dany's heir, too.
    Either way, the Throne is his.
    But, the show, has Stannis as a sex-craving weirdo, driven by everything Melisandre tells him to do. In the novels, he weighs Mel and Davos' counsel equally, and then decides a course of action. Ugh, it's like all the nuance is gone. I just hope S4 can rectify some of that, which I think it can.

And, yeah, RC-1991 -- there are many cannibalism undertones throughout ADwD.

Now, back to the questions!

PS. Sorry, Todd the Jedi - life has been busy for me at the moment, unfortunately.

11. What are your favorite novels, both in and out of SW?

Okay, let's go:
    Star Wars: I think the Dark Lord trilogy - Labyrinth of Evil, Revenge of the Sith, and Dark Lord - is basically perfect. After that I like Dark Rendezvous, Shadows of Mindor, the Hand of Thrawn trilogy (much better than TTT, in my opinion), Cloak of Deception, The Black Fleet Crisis trilogy (so underrated), The Unifying Force, Star by Star, Destiny's Way, Kenobi, Isard's Revenge (though I've yet to read Solo Command or Iron Fist).

Labyrinth of Evil is brilliant, and I think it is a perfect lead-in to RotS; it captures the precipice the galaxy stands on in 19BBY, and Palpatine's manipulation of the Republic are creepy and fleshed out like never before. If I was going to recommend one SW novel as a stand-alone, it would be this or LSatSoM, which is superb as it is pulply. Or I might recommend DR, which has, hands down, the greatest depiction of Dooku and I daresay, Yoda, in all of the Expanded Universe. Some of these novels are truly better than the PT, which I think is not only hilarious, but sort of sad, especially for all of those people who dismiss the EU as "paid fan-fic".

Outside of SW (including non-fiction, if that's alright?): ASoIaF, Slaughterhouse-Five, Nineteen Eighty-Four, Everything is Illuminated, Stasiland, Hamlet (a play, but whatever), The Fox, pretty much every Sherlock Holmes story, To Kill a Mockingbird, and I Shall Not Hate.

I'll go through why the top three are my favourites, I suppose.
    A Song of Ice and Fire, is technically a series, but I'll keep it like this. A Storm of Swords (seasons 3 and 4 of GoT) is absolutely breathtaking from start to finish. It is such excellent payoff for the two previous books, which were enjoyable in their own right. There's just so many huge moments throughout, and many story arcs come to a satisfying close.
    Slaughtehouse-Five is a novel I actually read for literature class in school, and I feel in love with it. It's incredibly witty, yet also deeply melancholic, and somehow still a fun ride. I don't normally like post-modern works, but when its grounding is the catastrophic bombing of Dresden in 1945, I was willing to give it a chance. Thanks to my lit teacher for choosing this novel from the pool!
    Nineteen Eight-Four is brilliant. It really is. I am in awe of Orwell's ability to create such a nightmarish dystopia. Orwell's message transcends time - it is as relevant as it was in the aftermath of WWII as it is now, with the NSA and other entities now tracking our every move online. Essential reading for all.

Sort of a short, pathetic list, really.

At the moment I am reading Winston Churchill's comprehensive The Second World War, which covers his exploits and understanding of the lead-up and conflicts of WWII. It truly is a valuable and rewarding insightful resource, believe me. I am on volume one of twelve in paperback form.

And Todd, I like comics, too! ;) (especially SW ones)

Robimus, RC-1991 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Fair enough.

JackG 12. What are your favorite comics, both in and out of SW?

13. What changes, if any, would you make to the post-ROTJ EU?

5. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    12. What are your favorite comics, both in and out of SW?
    Ha, I just meant Star Wars!

Pretty much all of the Republic/Dark Times run. It has been nothing but quality, really. Particular favourites in there include the Kamino, Jabiim, Saleucami arcs, and A Spark Remains. I particularly liked the long running recurring characters in these comics, some examples being Quinlan, Zao, K'Kruhk, Tholme, Asajj. However, I also love when they weaved into stories which involved film characters such as Obi-Wan and Anakin, of course, but also Shaak Ti and Ki-Adi and Aayla. This lack of saturation on the "main" characters, the great ensemble and the excellent plotting for the most part made these a must-read in the EU. Especially the arcs I mentioned. Kamino is a good tale focussing on the turbulent relationship of Obi-Wan and Anakin after the latter's secret marriage, backdropped against a Separatist assault on the clone factories, with some Shaak added for good measure; Jabiim is hectic in that basically all of the characters die (spoiler), and its grim tone set the reader up for what is to come in RotS; Saleucami is basically Jan and John whipping out all of their characters from over the years and tying them into a great, movie-referenced, story; A Spark Remains seems to be the culmination of all of which has come before: the characters we have come to love through DT and Republic meet Darth Vader, the Emperor's hound.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jedi Council: Acts of War does not get the love it deserves on here, and that is another of my favs.
    Additionally, the one-shot Purge was spot-on: all of the Jedi in it die, Vader is a bad-ass and Palpatine is a manipulative bastard. It also kills a film character, Bultar Swan, and a enduring favourite character of mine, Tsui Choi. @};- (He decapitates his own clone commander, so that's some consolation).
    Dark Empire (just the first one!) is also good. It's a real shame the following too were rushed and ill-conceived, especially considering how it ties into RotS.
    Knights of the Old Republic, specifically the Commencement and Vindication arcs were outstanding.
    [​IMG]
    Obsession is something I'm, well, obsessed about, as LACWACers would know. Adi Gallia died here first, folks!
    [​IMG]
    Ghost Prison was also enjoyable.
    [​IMG]
    I think Rebellion and Empire were also quality, and Star Wood has really highlighted that, if you ask me.
    [​IMG]
    I want to like Legacy more, but I have some thematic issues with it. I'll get to that in my answer to question 13...
    [​IMG]

I'm being lazy and just posting pictures, but I don't really care. I will answer the next question tomorrow, and with some depth, too.

Todd the Jedi

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Those fleet shots and battle sequences in Rebellion have only become better over the years due to the rarity.

7. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    13. What changes, if any, would you make to the post-ROTJ EU?
    End it at The Unifying Force. No, seriously. Everything that has occurred from after this chronological point has been a betrayal of all that came before, and proves that Del Rey is incapable of continuing the Star Wars Expanded Universe in a meaningful, believable, and, y'know, enjoyable manner.

Where the NJO created ambiguity, Legacy of the Force crudely hammered its own take of the situation on the universe. Where the Black Fleet Crisis portrayed a nuanced galactic government, Fate of the Jedi showed that a single senator can become Chief of State in two weeks or whatever, because, **** logic. The Bantam era EU and NJO created characters; the Del Rey novels killed them.

Leaving the timeline at 29ABY, and the rest to the imagination of the readers is better than the balderdash that, let's not lie. I'm of the opinion that there should be no Sith after Palpatine - yeah, some would disagree - so a whole planet of them didn't sit well with me. Also, the focus on just the Sky-Solo clan after TUF was just infuriating - the rest of the galaxy, the military, the fringe elements; they're interesting too! Many others have written about all this before (and more articulate and gracefully), so I'll stop here.

What many others wouldn't agree with is my stance on Legacy: as much as it is enjoyable, and a breath of fresh air, I don't think it should be canon.
    I have a fundamental problem with the One Sith rising after Palpatine's defeat. Not only does it trivialise Palpatine's success (TOR is guilty of this too!!), but also Luke's and Anakin's! I think the Sith line should end above Endor, or on Onderon, whichever you prefer. I definitely didn't want to see the return of so many of the writer's pet creations - Darth Krayt, the Emperor is A'Sharad and K'Kruhk is Grand Master? Seriously, give me a break. Sure, it has great continuity, excellent visuals, and engaging storylines - I just don't like the premise of there being Sith in power 110 years after Sidious' death, let alone Sith around at all. Make the Big Bad anything but Sith and I'd be onboard wholeheartedly. Make the resurgent Fel Empire the enemy, please! I particularly liked the strive between the two Imperial factions, that was fantastic, but the cookie-cutter Sith weren't so great, in my opinion. It's why the Yuuzhan Vong were great: they were competent and menacing villains yet not the predictable Sith, which are so pedestrian nowadays.

The Unifying Force is the perfect end: Luke and the Rebellion best the Emperor and his fleetat Endor, claim the capital and galaxy, make peace with the Empire, and then unite the galaxy against a foreign threat before the universe knows peace, at long last. It's a great, SW-y story arc. Adding, 'oh, and Luke's nephew goes bat**** and kills Luke's wife, tries to take over the galaxy but is stopped, a Force god appears because it can, and then a thousand Sith turn up', doesn't quite cut it compared to what has come before.

There, off my chest.

TL;DR:
    [​IMG]
    The end.

Todd the Jedi

8. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    JackG 14. Who are your top 10 or so favorite SW characters?

15. What are your favorite SW video games, and what other video games do you like?

9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    While I don't completely agree Jack, you make a fair argument about Legacy. Especially the A'Sharad and K'Kruhk bit.

10. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    14. Who are your top 10 or so favorite SW characters?
    I'm not going to bother with a numerical order, but here's some of them, that I can think of at the time. Some of my favourites are weird, sure.
    • Leia Organa Solo. Such a great female protagonist; empowered, not necessarily macho and generally just a nuanced character. Arguably she subverts the 'princess in the tower' trope by actually being more interesting than her rescuer. I much prefer her as Jedi and diplomat, however; the Bantam EU really had her down, imo.
    • Shaak Ti. I like many of the PT Jedi, with Shaak Ti being my favourite. The micro-series solidified her importance and brilliance in my mind.
    • Kit Fisto. A great character design, and again, a Jedi. I just really like how he's portrayed, especially in Labyrinth of Evil.
    • Darth Sidious. Basically a perfect character. I think he shined in TCW, which was great.
    • Tsui Choi. Basically a Yoda clone, but whatever; this guy is outstandingly fun no matter what he appeared in. His final act - throwing his lightsaber at Darth Vader's face - is too good to not mention. @};-
    • Adi Gallia, Mace Windu, the Dark Woman.
    • Ponc Gavirsom, Bail Organa, Mon Mothma and Garm be Iblis. I'm grouping them because they're all great characters for the Rebellion/NR who are deeply interesting, but largely overlooked outside of AotC and RotS for Organa.
    • Yoda. "Turn me, Dooku. I beg you. Show me the greatness of the dark side."
    • Dass Jennir, Kai Hudorra, Zayne Carrick, Obi-Wan, Wedge, Mas Amedda, Plagueis, Ackbar, Lando, R2 and Threepio, all of the supporting cast from the BFC, San Hill, Durge, Ventress, Aubrie Wyn, Streen; there's countless more.
    15. What are your favorite SW video games, and what other video games do you like?
    My first SW game was Podracing for the N64, followed closely by the X-Wing game on the same console where you fight in the battle of Mon Calamari - that was cool for a video game to show! - and then Jedi Power Battles. Power battles was awesome due to being able use Mace, OBK, QGJ, Plo Koon, Adi Gallia etc.
    After that I got Star Wars Demolition, even though I really wanted Force Commander. However, I was seven and was grateful (or should've been) for what I got. That was fairly good, too.
    Jedi Starfighter and The Clone Wars (2003) were games I also had on PS2. However, my favourite Star Wars game is undoubtedly Star Wars Battlefront II. Gods, it was awesome back in the day. Shooting wampas? Check. Space battles with accessible battle cruisers? Check. A wide range of Heroes and Villains available to use? Check.

I can't wait for the next instalment, which, after years of maybe it will happen, maybe it won't, I have high hopes for.

I also really enjoyed KoTOR II and Battlefront I and Empire at War.

I have only played the PC X-Wings once or twice at my cousins', but what I saw was good. TFU, on the other hand, was absolutely horrendous.

As for other video games, I am really enjoying GTAV at the moment. I had huge expectations for it. Sure, it's a great game, but my hype was too large. I also have been playing Bioshock Infinite of late, and before that Battlefield 3. Like most, I was put off by AC:3, so I'm not sure if I'll invest in Black Flag, especially given how relentless and openlyly they've been advertising it and all of its features. Ugh.

Other games I've enjoyed from this gen have been L.A. Noire, which was an emotional rollercoaster; GTAIV, a solid instalment; and Fallout 3, which I consider the best game of the current generation.

Todd the Jedi - here, have an ego boost.

11. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Rogue Squadron! Yes, that game was awesome!

JackG 16. What do you like and dislike about The Clone Wars?

17. What would you do if you won the lottery?

12. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    @JackG's adoration of HIM Palpatine has not gone unnoticed. I am well pleased.

GrandAdmiralJello and JackG like this.
  13. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    16. What do you like and dislike about The Clone Wars?
    I like that it's over. I mean, what?

No, I liked the ensemble cast of the first two seasons; where an arc had, say, an episode with Kit Fisto as the lead, then an episode where another few characters continued the story. The informal Nute Gunray arc of season one was a great example. It's too bad that in the last few seasons that the show really over-saturated Obi-Wan/Anakin/Ahsoka.
    I also liked the arcs which focussed on huge battles, Umbara and Geonosis being the prime examples. Geonosis had a lead-in episode, a massive battle episode, and a couple of follow up episodes covering mopping up operations. Luminara starred in one, which was nice.

I liked the show's spaceship designs, which were great for the most part.

I also liked how Ventress' story progressed throughout the show, and she was re-affirmed as one of my favourite characters.

I disliked the show's saturation of the CW's Big Three - Obi-Wan, Anakin and Ahsoka. It was a really poor choice in a already tight era; it makes the galaxy seems much smaller, made the show much blander than the first two seasons, and stretched plausibilty that almost every conflict had to be attended by one or all of them.

I dislike the show's needless and unnecessary contradictions of the established EU. Why resurrect Eeth Koth only to kill Even Piell and Adi Gallia later on? I just don't get it. However, when the show did reference the rest of the EU well, it did it very well. Mentions of the battle of Dantooine, where Mace destroyed the huge droid ship, and the appearance of Carida and Monument Plaza.

I dislike the show's one-dimensional handling of the CIS, as if they were all moustache swirling villains, without any middle ground. The one grey Seppie they had the made Ahsoka's lover and a Republic loyalist. Ugh.

Ahsoka. Need I say more?

The over-use and ham-fisting of dialogue from the saga. Just plain offensive.

The resurrection of Maul.

Mortis. Just absolutely horrendous, and one of the worst ideas in the entire universe.

The rape of Grievous.

There's much more....

Let me just say, I am much more optimistic for Rebels given its timeline placement and its ability to breath more freely, and its seemingly lack of reliance on established characters. Republic was basically a perfect sweeping narrative set between in the Clone Wars era; TCW was unnecessary, and it really showed.

17. What would you do if you won the lottery?
    I would give my parents and brother a considerable amount, buy a reasonable house, set aside a chunk for travel and then give the rest to some altruistic charity and my old high school.
    I want my parents to retire already, and not have to worry about their finances, and they've looked after me all my life, of course. It would be nice to be able to do something in return. Isn't that what we all want?
    My old school is great, but I would like them to expand their library and cultural activities, and future students could benefit from that.
    Basically, I just want to travel; fast cars and all that jazz don't interest me in the slightest (I don't even have my licence even though I am eligible).

Also, I would buy a Scottish castle on a loch and then live there all year round. Yeah.

Todd the Jedi

14. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    JackG 18. If you could have one force power in real life, what would it be?

19. What are some of your favorite foods and beverages?

15. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    18. If you could have one force power in real life, what would it be?

Let's see.
    Force visions and telepathy: do I wanna know?
    No, no I do not. There's some things I really don't need to know; telepathy and visions of the future wouldn't be a power as much as curse and burden.
    Flow-walking: I pretend that doesn't exist.
    Force lightning: not my thing. I don't really like violence, and don't see many other uses for it.
    Telekinesis: **** yes. It has so many uses, and let's be honest, who hasn't wanted to pull something towards them when they're lazy? Can't lift that box? Use your mind! And, of course, if I was a violent person, you could also do this!

19. What are some of your favorite foods and beverages?
    I like lots of Japanese food, and Italian too!
    Okonomiyaki is the absolute bomb. Seriously, if you get the chance to try any variety of it, do it!
    Beyond that ramen is of course brilliant. How could a whole meal in a broth not be tasty?
    All sorts of pasta are great, too; we all know that.
    Polish pierogi are worth trying; they're a dumpling, savoury or dessert.
    Also, peaches

As for drinks, vodka is great. :p
    However, coke is also acceptable, or a milkshake. Mmm, milkshakes.
    Juice is ubiquitous but also goes down a treat. Anyone tried passionfruit juice before?
    Yet, ultimately, coffee is the best. There is no substitute for my two in the morning, except for, well, enough sleep, but that's overrated. Chai is good, latte or cappuccino will also do me. We now have one of those pod coffee machine things at home, and whilst not as good as a beverage from a real coffee machine, it sure beats instant coffee.
    [face_coffee]

Sorry if these answers are boring, everyone, and not worth the wait.

In the meantime, I'll give everyone a fun fact. If you read my first answer, you'll know that where I live is a tourist/holiday-making place, and fills up during the holiday periods. Further to this, it also fills up when there's big events on, such as Tough Mudder, which take place at the race track. The race track also hosts, you guessed, it racing. V8s, Superbikes, vintage Porches - you name it. Well, it's the Moto Grand Prix this weekend and **** is crazy where I am; the population is completely motorcyclists and us locals try to avoid leaving home due to severe case of mass crowds and bogan-ism.
    I thought it would be interesting to share, considering my answers were a bit pedestrian for the last two questions.

Good day!

Todd the Jedi

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    JackG 20. What's your general opinion on America? Do you think the people on here and elsewhere are a fair representation of the USA?

21. What's the funniest thing you've ever seen/done?

17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Episode I: Racer was a great game. Actually, TPM did have some rather entertaining games: Racer brought some enjoyment to the usually stale racing genre with all the different worlds you could race on, the TPM RPG was downright hilarious, and Jedi Power Battles -- despite being a thinly-veiled arcde game -- actually worked great for parties because of the co-operative mode (which was the only time the game was interesting).

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Jack, if I ever meet you in person, I will make you fancy-ass coffee in a real coffee machine.

JackG likes this.
  19. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    20. What's your general opinion on America? Do you think the people on here and elsewhere are a fair representation of the USA?
    I like this question; it’s certainly contentious. Please don’t be offended my answers, though, guys!
    I think America is hilarious, crazy, wonderful, scary and everything else. I’d love to go.

America seems to be culturally and physically diverse, exciting, and generally a cool place to visit. I personally would love to see New England in autumn, spend a lot of time in NYC and D.C., and visit Chicago, Seattle and San Francisco. Of course Yosemite and the Grand Canyon seem like ‘must-see’s, as well. I have a few friends in Maine, and New York, so I could catch up with them also. Further to this, I repeatedly hear great stuff about the Mid-West, though I wouldn’t have thought to visit before I made friends with people from Minnesota and Wisconsin.

That being said, I think that the world is so sycophantic towards the States to a crazy degree. Our government doesn’t have any autonomy in foreign affairs, really – everything must be done to ensure that Washington is pleased and our alliance is perpetuated. September 11 was massive, and I’m not afraid to say and stand by it, hugely out of proportionate in the coverage over here. Hurricane Sandy and the Presidential Election received enormous coverage, too. In reality, these are relevant to many Australians’ lives. Like, at all. It annoys me to no end. America’s status as a cultural, political and military hegemony means that world citizens are unfairly expected to have great knowledge of the American way of life, regardless of whether or not they want to. Many, and not exclusively consider it to be the centre of the world. That’s a real shame; from what I have gathered overseas speaking to people from the States and when talking to my American friends, travel beyond America isn’t a big thing. The false belief that if something is good or worth seeing/doing, it exists in America, is harmful and a detriment to society, in my opinion. Yeah, I think America is badly insular. Of course, this is just my conjecture, based upon what I’ve gathered. If you disagree, I’d love to hear it.

For example, when I was in Germany, say, I meet an American. I said I was from near Melbourne, in Australia. They replied that they were from Michigan, as if I was expected to know all of the fifty American states. It’s lucky that I did know, though they never actually said they were American – it’s just an expectation that I should be able to gather it from that. It frustrates me, to be honest. Jingoism/patriotism is bad, if you ask me – why be proud of something which is not a choice or an action, but where you were luckily born? I just don’t understand.

As for whether you guys on here are a fair representation of the American people: oh, gods, no. We’re nerds, and all deniers are liars. As such, most of the Americans on here are way smarter than the average citizen, I would say. You’re a credit to your country. I'm not including the JCC in this.

P.S. What **** is with the guns? The rest of the developed world thinks you’re insane for this. (But yes, I know about the NRA yada, yada, yada.)

P.P.S. This comes across as really anti-American, and that wasn’t the point! I really do think it would be a good place to live, my American friends are great. However, I think my opinions as an outsider are probably more interesting than, “Yay, USA!!1!!!!!111!!!” [face_flag]

21. What's the funniest thing you've ever seen/done?
    This is of course, hugely difficult. I see many funny things daily and it’s hard to remember it all.
    I love puns. So, when the local nightclub (Splash) burnt down a few years ago, I absolutely loved when everyone would refer to it as, Splash: The Disco Inferno.
    The other day, my friend was working at a medical clinic as a reception, as she always does. A man heads over to her desk and she tells him that the doctor won’t be a moment.
    “Just take a seat…”
    The man is in a wheelchair.
    “…. Oh, I see you already did!”
    “….”
    This remains my favourite quote from The Office:

The IT Crowd is brilliant.

Once I got stuck in a land-based bird nest/roosting hole whilst running down a hill with my friends, which was terrifying and hilarious at the same time. However, it seems really lame when I just put it like that!
    Also, I once fell half-way down a huge staircase in a train station, got up, looked at the people ascending on the escalator watching me, and then fell down the rest of the stairs, like in a movie. So much pain.

A friend’s recent FB status:
    As for really funny stories, I can’t think of any at the moment. Dammit! I have plenty, but my brain is empty after a lack of sleep. I will update this if any come up.

Finally, historical ironies are naturally hilarious. Like the fact that the Romans brought central heating with them to Britain, and when they left circa. 400AD there was no more of this and very few heated baths until 1900. Of course, when the West arms insurgencies to undermine their enemies and eventually have to fight those they once trained and armed, this is too is comical. Oh, blowback is a *****.

Author's note: I apologise wholeheartedly for the delay in answering these particular questions, and the delay between many of the other questions, too. Real life (pfft, who needs it?) has been busy of late, with twelve hour working days and such. As many of these questions, such as questions twenty here, were worthy of a sincere and well thought-out response. I, naturally, didn't want to half-ass questions like that. So, thanks for the patience!
    And thanks to Todd the Jedi for the interview.

[​IMG]

20. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005

The "Mean people die pretty quick down here!" game?

It's... kinda an RPG... kinda sorta not...

Jedi Power Battles confirmed Plo Koon's coolness status forever, surely.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  21. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    No Jack, thank you. ;)

And that's the end of the interview! Give a hand for JackG. =D= In a day or so we'll continue with Jedi Ben.

In the meantime, the floor is now open for anyone else to ask Jack any questions.

22. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    According to the US State Department only 39% of Americans actually have passports. This could be due to a variety of factors of course, and I don't believe one actually needs a passport to travel by land or sea(though another similar piece of identification is required so far as I know).

It is kinda funny, as a Canadian who travels to the USA several times a year, I've been asked several times by Americans when I think that Canada is going to join the USA? :p I have always found the question kinda silly. The answer is never.

I has question too.[face_monkey]

If you had to name a favorite Lizard Monkey, who would it be and why?

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Only a driver's license needed to travel domestically but we've needed passports to cross into Canada for about ten years now. I had a close call at the Peace Arch in 2003 because I didn't realize that and I didn't have my passport with me.

And holy hell, why would you want to join us? I've actually researched emigrating to Canada.

Robimus likes this.
  24. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Lord Kowak isn't so much a favourite as equal to Waru, a benevolent and guiding force in the galaxy. He is thus disqualified.

I would have to say Picaroon C. Boodle, the only Force-sensitive Mokey Lizard I know!
    Here's a pic of Pic (lewl):
    [​IMG]

So crazy. He was eventually killed by Kyle Katarn, one of the Jedi's weirder accomplishments.
    [​IMG]

Robimus likes this.
  25. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Interesting. Up until 2011 we could still enter the USA with just a Drivers License & other supporting ID like a birth certificate. Now we need a passport, or one of a couple different Enhanced Identification Cards, which are ID's approved by US border security.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.