main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    So they have Hel but not Valhalla?

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Actually, didn't Mirta describe it as like a giant joining of the minds, where you don't have a physical body but your mind remains, along with the minds of every other Mandalorian who has died? Because then Boba says something to the effect of, "I'd rather not share eternity joined with Montross and Vizsla."

Hansa and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    The way I understand it the Mandalorian afterlife is a sort of "oversoul" that every mando joins upon death.

[​IMG]

Hansa, Mia Mesharad and Revanfan1 like this.
  4. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Mandalorian culture is thousands of years old, and across those millennia, has changed significantly. In the ancient Mandalorian religion, they believed the afterlife existed as a plane of spiritual energy in constant conflict between stagnation and growth, and every Mandalorian who perished was believed to join the army of the afterlife, defending their families that dwelled in the eternal, peaceful homestead. The ancient Mandos believed that this home beyond death was the only place they could truly reach a non-transitory existence.

More modern Mandalorians left behind a lot of those beliefs as their society grew more secular over time. The old gods were forgotten, and their beliefs on the afterlife changed from this idea of a place you go to something more intangibly spiritual. The manda is a more recent (relatively speaking) concept, based more on the oversoul idea that is ironically very similar to the Jedi concept of all becoming one in the Force. The idea of the manda actually could have been influenced by the Mandalorians' interactions with the Jedi and a growing familiarity with the realness of the Force and their related beliefs.

Contessa, Ordo N-11, Robimus and 5 others like this.
  5. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Yeah, pretty much this. I'd hate to be the guy squeezed in between Pre Vizsla and Kal Skirata. Because they'd be trying to kill each other for eternity, me in the middle...

Ordo N-11 likes this.
  6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    You are a fountain of knowledge Mia. Always impressive. ^:)^

[​IMG]

Revanfan1 and Mia Mesharad like this.
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    So if the warriors join the great army of the afterlife and the non-combatant the big homestead, do we know what happened with non-mandolorians and "bad people"?

So the mandos believe in progress vs. stagnation with war on the side of progress that is an interesting philosophy [face_thinking]

And.... By the Seven Prophets! :eek: I just realized something! Progress vs. stagnation can be seen as just a other way of saying chaos vs. order! And if we follow this thought to its conclusion it is [progress vs. stagnation = chaos vs. order] + [Darksaber = Black blade] =
    [​IMG]

ELRIC FOR MANDALORE!
    BELIEVE IN CHANGE! PROGRESS THROUGH WAR! BLOOD AND SOULS FOR MANDALORE!

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I guess this has already been posted here but if so it deserves to be posted again
    [​IMG]

Dark-Fox, Commander_Ducky and Robimus like this.
  9. Hansa

Hansa Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    Thanks for the explanation! Completely forgot about the army of the afterlife in the old religion. Got to note that down. :D

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  10. Hello_Fett

Hello_Fett Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2013
    Hi everyone!

Just want to introduce myself! I am a long-time SW film fan, and newly into the games and EU. I have a thing for Boba Fett and want to come here to soak in as much info as I can.

You can call me by my username, or just call me April.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Dark-Fox, Minez01 and Robimus like this.
  11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Su cuy'gar Hello_Fett. I am stealing that Fett picture. ;)

[​IMG]

Hello_Fett likes this.
  12. Hansa

Hansa Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    Nice image! Welcome to the club. [:D]

Hello_Fett likes this.
  13. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Hey there! Welcome to our little corner of the internet! :)

14. Hello_Fett

Hello_Fett Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2013
    Yeah! Acceptance :)

[face_party]

15. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Su cuy'gar, Hello_Fett. Welcome to Oya manda!

Hello_Fett likes this.
  16. Mando-Man

Mando-Man Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2008
    Su cuy'gar Hello_Fett, I think you've come to the right place :p

On another note is there anyone out there feeling up to doing a little beta work? I know this isnt the forum for it but it doesnt seem like the Beta Request Thread has been active for a while. And who better to beta a Mando centered fic than a fellow Fando'ad

Hello_Fett likes this.
  17. Hansa

Hansa Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    I've got time this weekend. All too much time, in fact. Could definitely do that if you want. :D

18. Mando-Man

Mando-Man Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2008

Sounds great. I'll send you a pm

19. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I like that name, Hello_Fett :p

Welcome to the gang!

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If mandos belive that the warriors join the great army of the afterlife and the non-combatant the big homestead, do we know what happened with non-mandolorians and "bad people"?

21. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Hello ladies and gents. I'm playing through SWTOR at the moment (Bounty Hunter, of course) and will soon finish reading The Old Republic Annihilation and will need something else to read soon. So do you have a recommended reading list of all things Mando that I could get my teeth into? I have read the Republic Commando series and have been reliably informed that Karen Traviss' Legacy of the Force books are worth a read - I'll cherry pick out the Boba Fett stuff - but beyond that I wouldn't know where to get Mandalorian fix from.

If Mando material is thin on the ground, other Force-free bounty hunter/smuggler style books you think are good would be a massive help.

Sorry if this is a tedious question to answer btw or if I have broken any fan club rules or site you may have in effect :)

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I have not read it, but I have heard good things about Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War that introduce Mandalore the Ultimate
    [​IMG]

Dark-Fox likes this.
  23. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    Thank you Gamiel :) To be honest, I have never read a comic book in my life - not even Open Seasons :)

Also, forgive my breach of social convention for not bringing a gift with me like Hello_Fett did. Allow me to rectify:[​IMG]

Hello_Fett likes this.
  24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Right click, save as. :p

Welcome Fox!

[​IMG]

25. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    Thanks for the welcome Bardan Jusik :)

Bardan_Jusik likes this.