main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I'm not having any trouble getting email notifications for my watched threads (mostly in RPF, RPR, and fanfic).

To those who are having trouble, check the obvious: go here and make sure that every row says "Email" on the far right of the title column (just to the left of the view count). If it doesn't, that means that email notifications got turned off for that thread. I had that happen to me a while back when I accidentally unwatched a thread from within Tapatalk and tried to rewatch it through Tapatalk; the app set it to watch without emails, and it took me a few days to figure out what was wrong.

Grimby likes this.
  2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Mine was the alerts at the top of the page, but that seems to be resolved as I've gotten those by and large for the last couple of days.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a note that we're getting a ton of MySQL error messages in the log:

Mysqli statement execute error : Got error 122 from storage engine

Googling it suggests it is a space issue. I've emailed Grimby and Grahame but as Grahame is East Coast US it might be a few hours before he sees the email.

4. Grahame

Grahame Former Server Admin star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    Restarted MySQL, let me know if you still see the errors in the log.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    So far so good..

6. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I was getting the same notification on my phone 20 times each. It stopped a few days ago and hasn't returned.

7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    The site is not allowing me to log out...

8. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    This is a feature, not a bug. The entire Jedi Council Forums are one huge trap designed to capture your soul and make sure you can never leave. [face_devil]

9. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Can you provide any detail about that? Are you logged in on the main website or via a mobile app? What browser or app are you using? How are you attempting to log out? What specifically happens when you try to log out?

10. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Yes, I'm logged in on the main site. I use Mozilla Firefox, and I'm just using the "Log Out" button in the top right hand corner of the page. Nothing happens when I click the button though.

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It's a sign that this is obviously the only site you need to be on.

12. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    You don't see a lightbox popup that says "Are you sure you want to Log Out?"

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    What version of Firefox? I'm on version 22 and it's working fine for me. (To find the version, click on Help in the browser window and then About Firefox and that will give you the version). We have had some issues with versions 23 and 24.

14. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I am using v.24 and logging out is not an issue for me.

15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Firefox 24.0 is not giving me any problems logging out either.

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Posting can be slightly buggy at times where it'll take forever for me to post something, so then I accidently and embarrassingly double post.

17. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Solution: Never click the post button more than once. Ever.

Seriously, I have never heard of any actual cause for double posting other than clicking the post button more than once. If you click it twice, it will submit the post twice. Simple as that.

In nearly six years of having my own computer and internet access, I cannot ever recall double posting, because I follow that one simple rule.

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've had it happen here, usually when my net access is acting up. If you do double-post, you can report the duplicate and ask that it be removed.

19. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Well it asks me if I want to log out, I click yes, the page refreshes, and I am logged in lol.

20. twowolves

twowolves Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2013
    Is anyone else getting an error message for the Mod Complaint Resolution Process links? Or is that only for Mods to file grievances?

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Looks like the link might be an issue as I got the error as well. However, all of the information is in the Rules and Announcements forum.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You could try removing any cookies associated with boards.theforce.net. You can remove individual cookies in Firefox by going to Tools>>Options>>Privacy. You'll find an option there to remove individual cookies.

23. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I'll look into it. It's not a big deal though the only reason I wanted to log out was to create a sock for Halloween [face_laugh]

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You could use IE to log in with the different ID and stay logged in on your main ID in Firefox.. I've done that before when we were testing the boards since I needed an ID to test bans, etc.

25. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Is it just me, or are the boards being super-slow tonight to the point of being virtually unusable?