main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hauntings at the Hangar 10/27/13 - Sunday

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by SITH__CHICK, Sep 5, 2013.

1. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    This will be the 8th or so year we've done this at WOTR. Tons of fun to be had, Star Wars costumes are not mandatory but costumes are requested. This is the one time of the year I don't wear a SW costume.
    I will update this post as I get the exact times but be prepared for a 9am to 5pm kind of thing. You do not have to be there the entire time if you can't, setting up and taking down is also appreciated instead of just showing up for the 'dress up' part and disappearing.
    If everyone can bring a bag or two of candy, that would be good and the RMFF has a stash of toys and will leave that up to the officers to advise us if we are running low.
    Any and all fangroups are invited, so if you know of one and they don't know about this event have them contact me.
    Activities will also need to be updated at another time.

Save the date. More info to follow, but if ZOO doesn't give it up soon, she will be running it, **maniacal laugh***

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Putting it all together for you and hope to have it all done before this weekend.

3. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I knew threats would work :p

QueenHighMistress and FanForced like this.
  4. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Please make sure you talk to the MG about this. I passed this link along to Nessa, but I don't think she has an account here.

5. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I have safely passed all the info to Kim, and will be around for questions & help as much as possible.

6. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    AL and I will be there. I think a small table for any droids that show up would be nice, but no big deal. Devin asked me about it, Cal might come. Also, if we have volunteered at an event at WOTR before (like MTF event) do we have to sign a waiver again?

PtrsonsZOO likes this.
  7. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Once you're cleared, you're good to go for the long haul!

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  8. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    Forgot to ask, are we setting up that Friday? If so, what time?

9. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I will look into that.

10. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Last time I talked to Matt he was trying to clear it for us to setup Saturday night before the event (the event is on Sunday the 27th). I have to admit, it made the following morning SO MUCH easier last year.

SITH__CHICK likes this.
  11. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Any updates on this?

12. darth_harmony

darth_harmony Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2013
    Hi my name is Harmony, some of u know me... I'm new to the area I am available to help I am also part of Civil Air Patrol and I know we have quite a few cadets signed up to help and at least 2 senior members! I will be there the whole day but I can come early and stay late if needed for setup and takedown etc or come on sat if u need me as well! Just contact me and let me know!!!

FanForced and DieWompRatDie like this.
  13. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Bump!

This event is on Sunday from noon to 4, but if you can get there early to help set up, that would be great. Please bring a bag or two of candy for the little ones.
    Costumes are encouraged, but not necessary. You can wear whatever costume you'd like as it doesn't have to be SW.

See y'all there!

14. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Event Sunday October 27th 10 to 4pm

Set up 8am - leave when it's all cleaned up

Some fan groups were told noon to 4 but they are doing early entry for residents.

Star Wars costumes not required but a hat or funny shirt is recommended.

We will have banners, Jabba Toss, Wheel of Values, and Green Screen (will need staffing for this for sure). Table people will hand out candy.

1:30 or 2pm will be a costume parade so we can show off all the kids’ costumes.

WOTR is doing a on-line voting for best costume. Will have the area marked out and at each table so we can tell people where to go.

Food Trucks will be there if you’re interested. WOTR most of the time provides lunch but it’s one slice of pizza or a tiny sandwich wedge and is enough to fill up a flea. So bring snacks and water, there are vending machines but they might be out of something or not working.

You don’t have to come for the entire event, if you can only help with set up or a few hours in between I welcome you. It’s a fun event like most everything we do but it turns unfun the minute there’s 3 people trying to do it by themselves.

Not sure what else there is to know so post your questions I will answer the best I can.

15. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Wheel of values? I think you're thinking of the prize wheel at a Catholic Church Fall Festival...

FanForced likes this.
  16. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Fallout of some crazy video game DH plays, it says "The Wheel of Val-ues!" Get's on your nerves after a while.

17. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I prefer the Wheel of Morality, myself.

PtrsonsZOO, FanForced and SITH__CHICK like this.
  18. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    So, no setup on Saturday? Is it possible for me to drop off my droids Saturday afternoon (can be put in storage) and put AL together? It's kinda hard to setup everything in a short time in the morning. Will the tables be assigned to the groups before hand, or do we get to guess Sunday morning? I have a few droid builders coming, and I would like to give them as much info as possible. Thank you for being POC, Kim.

19. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    We will there. I answered my own question, I guess that is what happens when you read ;p

Thinking morning be there to set up 9-9:30ish. We will have to leave around 11:30.

20. zeraduel

zeraduel Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 15, 2011
    Do you need the names of those who plan on attending and helping out? I plan on going for a bit. Michael Nestlehut

21. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    i am so sad i cannot make it this year. I am traveling for business next week. :( have a wonderful time all.

22. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I'll be there early to help set up, but have to leave for a short downtown business meeting at around 11:30, but will be back afterwards.

I'll bring the Jabba Toss, candy, small toys from previous years, RMFF banners, the convention tote with the RMFF runner, etc., Katie Cook SW Halloween bags, Death Star prize wheel, and a speaker to play SW music. Did I miss anything?

Any thoughts on what the prizes should be for the Death Star Prize Wheel...of morality?

23. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    New lights for the GSA came in yesterday and the plug in power supply for my camera and sand bags came today. I just repaired the stand for the Han in carbonite.Just need to build a step... again.

24. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Can you be sure to bring the PVC for the banner stands? Thanks!

darth_hair likes this.
  25. Fontana

Fontana Jedi Padawan

Mar 23, 2011
    As long as it's not the Wheel of Time...that wheel wills what the wheel wills...and causes all sort of chaos. ;-)

darth_hair likes this.