main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Pictures I've seen suggest not a great crowd turnout for what is supposed to be TNA's Wrestlemania.

2. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    Its not that it appeared being written as the PPV went on it was just interesting that they showed if there was any interest from the crowd in certain matches. And I gotta be honest I didn't even realize last night was Bound for Glory I mean I do Like TNA but if I can't remember your biggest PPV like I know how WWE PPVs are going on each time they come then the PPV must not have interested me as much as it should.

I wanna mention about tonights Raw that I loved the fact they are hopefully gonna push Big E. Langston as a face because he was good as a face in NXT so hopefully to see that in WWE will be interesting.

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I expected this coming out of RAW last night but Big E vs Curtis Axle for the IC title will be the pre - show match prior to the PPV.

4. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Well WWE has been doing alot of last minutes title matches for belts that arent the world title belt. Which feels annoying because a nice build up is nicer then something done the last week till the PPV.

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  6. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    According to NODQ, Kane is expected to return to WWE TV "Imminently".

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter suggests Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker is "on the books" for Wrestlemania XXX so long as Taker feels up to it.

7. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I feel a bit meh on Brock Lesnar going up against The Undertaker probably because for me he just doesn't have any interest for me as a wrestler. I mean the way his contract is set up is that he doesn't need to be wrestling all the time or at least I guess I mean I don't know how his contract is like but he obviously only comes back every once in a while. And the time he did at least the last time like CM Punk Vs. Brock Lesnar wasn't a great build up to the match since Brock was only on tv a few times to make his presence known but its hard to feel the build up if you don't fight in matches and show your dominance which is what CM Punk did leading into that match.

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Undertaker hardly performs either.

Brock is a great athlete but he has had health problems in recent years that hindered him. I agree though the build-up would be an issue given Taker's limitations and Brock's limited appearance contract. They'll just have to do promos every other week :p

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Translation: Heyman will have to do promos everyweek, barring CM Punk not completely destroying him at HiaC.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  10. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    SithLordDarthRichie Difference between The Undertaker not showing his presence as much to a match and Brock Lesnar not doing so is the fact Undertaker doesn't need to since he has built up a reputation to where people know how much of a dominant individual he can be without wrestling so much. Whereas Brock Lesnar has not.

Juliet316 likes this.
  11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    He did in his original WWE run, he destroyed a lot of big name guys like Rock & Hogan & he beat Undertaker. He's a beast and people know that.

12. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I still wouldn't consider him a veteran in wrestling at least to the extent of The Undertaker is. I mean The Undertakers injuries he has stems from over 20 years of wrestling.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Well yeah, Undertaker is a legend and Brock is not. However, Brock is a big name and he would be of the calibre Undertaker should fight at Mania.

Even HHH said on Raw that Brock is the kind of guy he would fight compared to Bryan.

14. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I am not denying that Brock Lesnar is a very good wrestler I just don't feel interested in him as the opponent for the Streak at Wrestlemania

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    He should have been one years ago anyway, he's much better than some other people Undertaker has already faced at Mania.

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  17. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    And if I may ask who would you say was less deserving of trying to go after The Streak? Like would you say in a sense that Triple H and Shawn Michaels were no longer deserving of going after The Streak twice in a row since Shawn Michaels faced against him at Wrestlemania 25 and 26 where in the 26th Wrestlemania he as the Streak Vs. Career match. Then Triple H faced against him at Wrestlemania 27 and 28 and at the last Wrestlemania it was CM Punk's try at the streak. But the point is should Shawn and Triple H gotten two tries like that?

18. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Lesner would have to hold back quite a bit if he faces Taker at Wrestlemania. You can tell that the Undertaker has is showing his age judgeing from the last three Wrestlemania's.

19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    HHH has had 3 tries.

Some of Undertaker's opponents were a waste of time, like Giant Gonzales. A-Train was never of the calibre to face Undertaker at that level (and Big Show was not as good then as he is now), Brock is much better than guys like that. Apart from Bryan, who else would you have Undertaker face right now?

Frank T. likes this.
  20. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    In all honesty right now I am not sure like I can't really think of anyone that stands out that I would wanna see try to face The Undertaker and The Streak.

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    John Cena. There I've said it, My opinion, but I think fans would quite possibly riot if Cena was the one that ended The Streak.

Also, IIRC, I think one of the original plans was to have Taker face off with Brock at WM XX at one point, and I'm not sure how or why those plans were dropped in favor of 'Taker/Kane WM II.

Rd 2 with Punk.

It's interesting that HHH had 3 seperate tries at the Streak whereas Rock nor Austin never faced off with 'Taker at WM.

22. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Thats because The Rock and Austin were too busy facing each other at Wrestlemania like for me back in the Attitude Era it didn't really feel like a good Wrestlemania if there wasn't Rock Vs. Austin match.

Just a curious question what would the WWE be like if Undertaker at some point felt it was time and retired and then in terms of Wrestlemanias WWE couldn't rely on him and The Streak anymore to make the event more exciting for fans?

23. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
  24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  25. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I been meaning to say this but next time could you please put your videos in spoilers when you post them. They slow down my computer when they are loading them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.