main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    RC, it's closer to thirty words. So there, now you have egg on your face. :p

"I have foreseen it."

2. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Even further proving my point!

3. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I'm confused why you'd just read thirty words of a book. Seems like a waste of time to even bother picking it up :p

Though I guess there is Amazon look inside for cheaters.

4. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    You had me at space fish admirals. :p

Make it so!

--Adm. Nick

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    No, I bought it. But the first thirty words were kinda boring, so I went and read something else instead.

6. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I've actually seen people recommend starting with Book 2 first, so you might look into that.

7. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    If memory serves, the first thirty words of GOTM were describing a castle or something, so I can see how that would be boring :p

Book 2 is very slow, compared to Gardens of the Moon which in my opinion redefined "breakneck pace", but I believe most agree that its ending is one of the best sequences in the series.

8. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Assassin's Creed: Liberation PC release set for January 15.

9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Teal'c has decided to answer your question: "Indeed."

10. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Yes! After a long evening, I finally reformed Suomenusko. And somehow after a bloody civil war (the years after the death of the first King of Finland were ugly) I am not a king but I rule almost the entire kingdom. My liege only holds two small holdfasts. Will be interesting to see how that develops. Sauli II may still have his throne back.

But now I have a meeting with the bed.

RC-1991 likes this.
  11. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
  12. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Yeah together with JJA who has never made a good movie in his life. [face_sigh]

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    my bold
    Eerik Pyhä?

14. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Hehe Lugja was playing Crusaders Kings 2 ;)

15. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    No, Sauli the first of his name (named after our current president ;) ). His 50-year old career culminating in the creation of the Bear Throne shall be remembered in the annals.

Unless the whole thing collapses in the next decade, I wouldn't be surprised.
    My_phone likes this

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Sigh. I haven't played CK2 in months. I want to go back, but it seems pointless until the new DLC comes out.

Hopefully Kasdan's contributions will outweigh Abrams's, then. That said, I liked Super 8...... in the very beginning. Just like LOST. Before the weird sci-fi nonsense got thrown in. :p

17. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Oh yeah Super 8 was an awesome movie until some bad CGI effect jumped out of bush and everyone just started shooting and shouting at random. [face_sigh]

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    MI3 was pretty good.

19. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

I haven't actually seen that one the second one was just way to terrible and trying to watch any movie with Tom Cruise is always hard enough as it is.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Finally catching up with the last four episodes of Mad Men. Funny how I can go from being disinclined to catch up to sucked right in just by watching the darn thing :p

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A quick wiki check explain why my teacher did not mention any Finnish king before Eerik Pyhä who is the crusader king that you should watch out for [face_skull]

22. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I TOLD YOU.

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Except now that I finished that first episode, I remembered why I always stop watching... this show always stresses me out. Too much drama. Why can't everyone be happy and never make poor decisions?

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    did you know this book existed
    [​IMG]

I did not untill today when I found it bought it[face_dancing]

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Last night I had a dream that I was waiting in line for Episode 7 and I was dressed up as Anakin Solo. I was being interviewed by some news people and was describing my life as Anakin Solo. Then people dressed up as my brother and sister Jacen and Jaina showed up we talked to the reporters for a bit and then people dressed up as Jag, Zekk, Tenel Ka, Tahiri, Alema, Ben and Vestara showed up and we all got interviewed. None of us knew the others but we pulled it off and fooled the reporters into actually believing we were those characters.

Great dream.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.