main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

No, there is another...Star Wars Movie: Epsiode 7: 2015

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Oct 30, 2012.

1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    That's an official rumor. ;)

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
  3. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
  4. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
  5. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Good news for Star Wars, but what will this mean for Star Trek? Is this implying it will be a longer wait for the next sequel? Or will JJ direct only the first of the SW reboots?

6. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hopefully he doesn't get the two universes confused. ;). All of sudden there is a Wookie on the starship enterprise ;)

SITH__CHICK likes this.
  7. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    The Federation is all-inclusive on their Starfleet vessels...

8. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Although if one Vulcan appears in a SW movie...

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    holy carp....read this...

10. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    You must have been busy yesterday. ;)

11. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
  12. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Rumor alert! Just because somebody reports that they heard a rumor and they wish it was true and other media outlets repeat it, doesn't make it true. Now those movies definitely have the potential to be cool with those characters, no doubt. However until I hear it here: StarWars.com, I won't believe it.
    This is all the official site has reported: http://starwars.com/news/new-spinoff-films-set-to-expand-the-star-wars-galaxy.html

And, you no likey my new non-Episode 7 thread for this type of info? http://boards.theforce.net/threads/spin-off-movies.50009279/

QueenHighMistress likes this.
  13. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    hmmmmmm.......I wonder if this is true.

14. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I'm going to call that one rumor until we hear the official announcement.

And I think it will be proven true. I suspect they'll bring Ford, Hamill, and Fisher back for at least cameos, if not full movie roles. A passing of the torch, if you will. But hopefully not in a Star Trek Generations kind of way. Ugh...that was terrible.

15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    all i am saying is....allllll the rumors have ended up being true...but it is fun to speculate.

16. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Agreed - that particular rumor I won't believe until it's verified officially.

17. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I'm curious...define "all".

And yep, speculation is fun.

18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
  19. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I suspect that if they use the original cast, they will use them in framing sequences.

20. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    This was in the press release from CEII (emphasis mine):

"At the closing ceremonies, Lucasfilm announced that its next fan fest – Star Wars Celebration VII – will be timed to the theatrical release of Episode VII, and will be held in Anaheim, California from April 16-18, 2015."

Looks like we have a release date for Episode VII!!

FanForced likes this.
  21. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Via StarWars.com today:

MASTER FILMMAKING TEAM ANNOUNCED FOR STAR WARS: EPISODE VII

As Episode VII continues pre-production, Lawrence Kasdan and director J.J. Abrams have assumed screenwriting duties for the film. Kasdan, who has been serving as a consultant on the film, is a veteran of several classic Lucasfilm productions, writing the screenplay for Raiders of the Lost Ark and serving as co-screenwriter for The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Acclaimed director and screenwriter Abrams' credits include Super 8, Mission: Impossible III, Fringe, and Lost.

"I am very excited about the story we have in place and thrilled to have Larry and J.J. working on the script," states Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy. "There are very few people who fundamentally understand the way a Star Wars story works like Larry, and it is nothing short of incredible to have him even more deeply involved in its return to the big screen. J.J. of course is an incredible storyteller in his own right. Michael Arndt has done a terrific job bringing us to this point and we have an amazing filmmaking and design team in place already prepping for production."

Location scouting, production design, casting, and costume design are already underway on Episode VII. A team of gifted artists are working to bring the latest installment of the Star Wars saga, including director of photography Dan Mindel (Mission: Impossible III, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness), production designers Rick Carter (Lincoln, Avatar, Forrest Gump) and Darren Gilford (Oblivion, TRON: Legacy), costume designer Michael Kaplan (Star Trek Into Darkness, Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, Fight Club),special effects supervisor Chris Corbould (Skyfall, The Dark Knight Rises, Inception), sound designer Ben Burtt (Lincoln, Wall-E, Star Wars: Episodes I-VI), re-recording mixer Gary Rydstrom (Jurassic Park, Saving Private Ryan, Toy Story, Mission: Impossible -Ghost Protocol), supervising sound editor Matthew Wood (Star Trek Into Darkness, The Master, There Will Be Blood) of Skywalker Sound, and visual effects supervisor Roger Guyett (Star Trek Into Darkness, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith) of Industrial Light & Magic. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, with Tommy Harper (Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, Jack Ryan, Star Trek Into Darkness) and Jason McGatlin (Tintin, War of the Worlds) serving as executive producers. John Williams is returning to score Star Wars: Episode VII.

Shooting is scheduled to begin Spring 2014 at Pinewood Studios for an expected 2015 release.

Takeaways/Conjecture:
    • They didn't exactly like what Michael Arndt had done and Kasdan and Abrams decided to finish it themselves. Arndt is out! Ouch!
    • Ben Burtt will be back after doing sound design for the OT and PT...cool!

nnaydolem likes this.
  22. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I am happy that both Burtt and Matthew Wood are working together again. And obviously, having John Williams do the score is huge.

Not knowing anything whatsoever about the story or plot up to this point makes it hard to have any opinion on Arndt leaving. But it feels like he probably stepped aside due to some form of creative differences with the rest of the team. I feel optimistic that JJ and Kasdan will craft a good screenplay though.

23. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I hope they truly understand the importance of what they are doing. Because if they mess this up, haters will be lighting torches and grabbing pitchforks worse than the prequel backlash.

[face_worried]

SITH__CHICK and nnaydolem like this.
  24. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    If people end up hating this film, they might as well just lock themselves in a room with nothing but their OT VHS tapes, because no one will ever be able to make a Star Wars film that satisfies them.

FanForced and DieWompRatDie like this.
  25. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008