main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maharishineo

Maharishineo Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 25, 2013
    This isn’t really ground-breaking and is close to what others have suggested. Rather, I bring it up not as a new idea, but to point out the advantages of this “picture frame” for which others have/will use to present their pictures. Anyway, here goes:

It’s shortly after the events of the RotJ and the New Republic is being formed. There are many factions as everybody has a different opinion on how to avoid the mistakes they made in the past but it’s clear to everybody that they don’t want a singular figure with absolute power. Despite her good intentions, progress is slow and difficult for Leia. It hasn’t been easy for Luke, either. He’s spent years growing in the Force. Despite defeating Darth Vader, he was still raw in his abilities and it took a lot of time to really become a master. Given all of the chaos that came as a result of Jedi and Sith infighting, Force users aren’t received like they once were. Luke is encouraged to stay away from the limelight and has had to taper any ambitions he might have otherwise had of reestablishing a full-on Jedi Order.

These conflicts are what have actually given evil a chance to resurface. After decades of planting seeds within the political realm, a faction has managed to seize a strong positioning within the New Republic. Being that we already saw the political angle in the PT, this simply be alluded to within the movie. Palpatine's political storyline from the PTwould help give us an idea of what happened, although it would more so be the dictator/Nazi-Germany version of how evil came to power. This time around, politics in the film could resemble the United States political system (also explains why Leia can't get anything done lol) and the movie would just ask us to imagine how a corrupt group would come to power over a divided republic. (I feel as though this would be an effective way of only lightly touching on the political aspects since I think people see republicans/democrats, whichever they aren't, capable of similar already.)

Meanwhile, a Force-based threat, perhaps Plageuis, sees now as the time to resurface. Luke wiped out the rest of the Sith and his small group of disciples are all that is left of the Jedi. With the New Repiblic on the verge of another civil war, there is conflict. External conflict creates internal conflict.

Keep in mind that the political/military threat would remain separate, or be an alliance at best. Rather than Palpatine within the Republic, think a political group within the Republic pairing up with the Force user Dooku-Seperatist style... if they had any type of partnership at all.

Overall, not only would this help avoid the PT political storyline, it'd promote a feel like the one we had in the original trilogy where Lightsaber fights were just one form of battle. You would have true military conflict (perhaps just seeds of war in the first film) and Force-based standoffs would feel special, once again. It would give Leia (political), Han (military) and Luke (the Force) important roles but we wouldn’t necessary need a lot of screen time from them (remember based on all of the rumors, we won’t be getting much).

Bob Octa likes this.
  2. The Star Wars Archivist

The Star Wars Archivist Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013
    I think it would be more about the children this time (Jaina Solo, Jacen Solo etc.) with most likely a female main character (the last few films have been quite based on the male characters) and possibly Palpatine's growth of power on Byss. I don't think there would be as much of the old cast, considering they'll probably be in their 60s/70s

3. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    It will be there last hurrah!

4. Maharishineo

Maharishineo Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 25, 2013

I'm not sure if that was a response to me, but I agree:

The "picture frame" that I was re-staging connects the movies while also setting up conflict for the new movies. Having significant roles pays homage to what the original three did in the OT and where they are in our hearts. Being important players doesn't mean they will get much screen time or would be irreplaceable (since they said they wouldn't recast if none of them wanted to come back). Think of it this way: you have to have a political leader. Back in the OT, for the Rebels, that was Mon Mothma. You could just as easily introduce an obscure character like her who has significance yet limited screen time... or they could have Leia in that role and maybe give her an additional small scene or two to connect her to the new heroes (as their mother etc).

5. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    Man some of you come up with boring stuff. Thank god the movies are left to the professionals. lol.

Master Blaster likes this.
  6. Bob Octa

Bob Octa Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2013
    In general, these things would really hit the spot for me: a young female Jedi apprentice lead; a galaxy made up of squabbling, independent governments with fragile alliances on the verge of a legitimate republic; a bearded Jedi Master Luke doing his best to police things while teaching a small handful of reckless young Jedi at the same time; and a frightening Plagueis ghost as the big bad, working behind the scenes with the aid of an army of superstitious and fanatical Force-using aliens, ready to screw it all up as a by-product of some grand scheme. Something like that, nothing crazy. And no direct adaptations of the EU.

7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The galaxy is in chaos. Regional powers, large and small, are fighting amongst each other for possession of a mysterious object: the Sith holocron of Emperor Palpatine which they believe will give them the power to rule the galaxy. However, when the object falls into the hands of Deak Solo he instantly becomes the enemy of nearly the entire galaxy. But it's the corrupting powers of the artifact itself and the dark entity who will stop at nothing to take it from him that present the greatest danger for young Solo.

Just a short little synopsis I came up with.

8. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    One plot idea I've had is that maybe after Luke has established a new Jedi Order he has disappeared or hasn't been heard of for some time, maybe even several years. Episode VII could revolve around Han, Leia and the next generation having to find Luke. There'd be more to the plot but that would be one of the main points of the story.

9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The movie opens with the Jedi investigating an area where there might be Sith activity.

Dra--- likes this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Weren't the vaguest outlines for the ST back in the 80s about Luke going off to a different section of the galaxy to search for something? I think that's gonna be a thing.

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    His sister before Leia.

12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    They could easily think of someone to replace the sister. How about a descendant of a sibling of Shmi?

13. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I haven't read through this thread so I apologize if my ideas are less than original, but here's my synopsis...

Opening Crawl
    A ship flies through space
    Some stuff happens
    People fight with lightsabers
    Something explodes
    Iris Out

I think the Force is with me on this one.

Darkslayer likes this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

Kids in Star Wars have a tendency to be taken away from their parents, that could be a thing. Or change "Luke goes into galaxy to find XYZ" to "Skywalker descendant goes into the galaxy to find XYZ".

15. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Darth_Pevra

Episode 7: The Dark Daughter

Lady Vader seeks revenge on the Jedi for murdering her father.

Originally, my Lady Vader concept was based on Lady Zel, the Bastard Daughter of Palpatine, who was driven mad from the scientific experimentation of Plagueis.

Now I'm thinking that's not pulpy enough. Hence, Lady Vader. She is either the daughter of Vader who was conceived by the Dark Lord sometime during the OT. Or she was created from Vader's sperm by either Sidious or Plagueis.

Lady Vader is pissed, powerful, and ready to take out these pretender Skywalker punks who have been masquerading as the true heirs of The Chosen One.

Of course, it goes without saying Lady Vader wears a mask similar to Darth Vader, to honor her father, but also for the technological advantages it provides. In fact, her brain is hardwired into the mask which is connected to a network of computers in the galaxy that allow her to hack anyone at will. She's nearly omniscient due to her cybernetic implants. And she's mega-hot.

Lady Vader is the most powerful and sexy cyborg-human-Sith Lord the galaxy has ever seen.

Her primary antagonists will be Han Solo's scoundrelish daughter and Luke Skywalker's pacifist, monkish son. The two, being opposites, don't work well together, but will need to become more like one another, attaining a kind of perfect synthesis of Jedi traits, in order to defeat the goddessish Lady Vader.

StoneRiver and Darth_Pevra like this.
  16. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Sounds absolutely ... hilarious! [face_laugh]^:)^

Dra--- likes this.
  17. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    :)

I should also mention that my protagonists and antagonists are tied together with their contradictory feelings on their heritage. Lady Vader is proud of Vader's actions while Sky-Solos are not. Their battle will have an nice emotional element, as it's essentially about family fighting over the future of their moral direction.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  18. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    The Galactic Republic has effectively divided into two, with a giant force field literally dividing Coruscant in half similar to Berlin.

In the beginning of the film, Luke is leading a scout mission to an uncharted world that has no connection with galactic society in general, with an almost Earth-like culture. In orbit, his ship is ambushed by a new Sith Lord who has appeared out of the blue. All of his forces are killed and Luke is shoved into an escape pod and launched onto the planet's surface, where he's all but helpless to watch as the new Sith destroys everything Luke has spent his entire life building by instigating a war between the two halves of the republic.

Luke escapes the planet with the help of a 19 year old prodigy who build a spaceship, etc, etc, lightsaber battles, space explosions, NOOOOO, the end.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  19. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Darth Pooper makes everyone constipated and bloated. Immodium Skywalker frees the bonds of irregularity from the vile clutches of the Diver Ticks. He is assisted by Captain Con, Fiber Con.

Master Blaster, StoneRiver and Dra--- like this.
  20. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Do you think they can resolve the mystery of who ordered the clone army? I know it was written in a novel but would love to finally see that recognised on film.

21. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Even the novel in question refused to go all the way and really prove it one way or the other.

It was written in a sourcebook. :-B

22. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    So, potentially we could get an explanation on film? Possibly in IMAX??

23. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    The Lost Episodes of TCW may address the issue. Probably in a facepalm-worthy fashion.

Dra--- likes this.
  24. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    I never really understood why everyone talks about the ordering of the Clone Army likes it's still a big mystery.

By the end of AotC, it's blatantly obvious (to me at least) that it was Palpatine and Dooku who ordered the army. It's a mystery to the heroes, but not to the audience.

25. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Agreed. Sure there's a lingering question about the actual role of Sifo-Dyas, but in the end it makes no difference to the story whatsoever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.