main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Fast & The Furious (Fast X)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Oct 4, 2011.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Oh dear, so in between TD and 7, he became transgender?

Rauno likes this.
  2. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    Are you talking about Neela or the Mustang? :p

3. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  4. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I was hoping they'd be a bit more... antagonistic towards each other rather than settling their differences over a glass of wine.

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Might just be an outtake of filming with Vin and Stratham going over the script?

6. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I figured, but wouldn't it be fun if that was actually how they resolved it in the movie?

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Statham's in this series now? At this point, shouldn't they just change the franchise name to The Tough & The Bald?

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Is it just me, or does Statham look younger than when he first became famous?

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    He sold his soul to Stallone.

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  11. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Depending on which scenes have been filmed vis-a-vis the script, I wouldn't be surprised if the entire movie is scrapped.

12. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    yeah unless the movie was pretty much in the can I can see this movie never seeing the light of day

13. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Regardless of what happens to Fast 7, there's no way Universal is going to abandon the franchise. You don't think they'll work in a Brian O'Conner death angle as the hook for another film?

14. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Full on CG Paul Walker in FF8.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  15. Condition2SQ

Sep 5, 2012
    By the way, the teaser scene from Fast 7 that is included in the Fast 6 DVD was leaked two days ago, and it's a somber funeral scene for Han's character. Chilling.

A cheap, off-screen death for the heart and soul of the series? Count me out of that one.

16. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Walker's (O'Conner's) death would have be to acknowledged to some degree at least, obviously, should the franchise continue (of which I think it will).

17. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Or...the character will be recasted?

Regardless, RIP Mr. Walker.

18. Condition2SQ

Sep 5, 2012
    Well, I certainly hope bringing the series to a close is part of the heavy retool the seventh installment will be undergoing.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    If trailers and publicity photos are starting to be released (I glanced at Walker's twitter - he tweeted out one such photo the day before his death.), then I would guess that most of the movie is probably filmed by now.

20. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Jesus... what? :(

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see what they do with the movie- if his scenes were mostly complete, then the film can probably still stand as-is and just necessitate them retooling the intended story for 8 & 9.

They don't necessarily have to kill off Walker's character though- it depends on where 7 leaves him. If 7 gives his character a happy ending with his family and such, they could write him out into the sunset.

If they haven't finished filming most of his scenes (at least to the point where body doubles, editing and digital facial substitutions could fill in whats left), they'll clearly have to do some major retooling to this film that would likely require them to delay the movie to accommodate that.

But to where? Universal isn't going to want to abandon the successful latr spring/early summer slot for these films that they've carved out. They won't do late April because they want the film to have legs and not get slaughtered by Avengers. And Universal already has Jurassic World coming out in Mid June, so a late May release (as they did with Fast 6 vs Iron Man 3) is out of the question because Universal isn't going to let it's two biggest franchises cannibalize each other's box office for the same reason Disney moved Star Wars out of the summer.

Either way, the franchise will go on- though clearly one of the two main characters, he wasn't exactly the heart and soul/pull of the franchise. Everyone always orbited around Vin, the Rock or Han. The only film to focus solely on him is pretty much universally considered the weakest entry in the franchise.

Still, a tragedy- one that might actually affect one's viewing of these movies in the future, given how he died. Might be a little uneasy seeing him in car races and crashes knowing how he passed away.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    If it's a major retool, they may have to consider throwing Fast 7 into the 2015 bloodbath year and just hope for the best. Depending on how Brian's story was supposed to end at Fast 7's close (and if it's just minor stuff/pick - ups that needed finishing up), they can probably squeak by focusing on Vin and Stratham and Lucas Black more.

Either way, very very tragic, and 40 is still way too young to die like that.

23. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    They could keep going, but the way he died makes this pretty haunting. I know the actors would like a paycheck, but knowing that their friend died in such a horrific way might make them seriously reconsider continuing.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  24. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I hope the movie executives kill the Franchise now.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Guys, I've never seen a single film in this intentionally - I've caught Tokyo Drift on cable rotation when it was on but that's really it. However, think about this:

On top of everything else that's terrible about Paul Walker's death, the Fast of the Furious franchise was essentially one of the only original franchises left in cinema. Star Wars, Avatar, Fast and Furious... was there anything else that was an original story created for the screen and not adapted from another source (usually written or remade) that has made a successful franchise recently?

We always ask for original ideas. This was one. It may not be your cup of tea, but it made a lot of money -- which will now hopefully be enough to get his family through the remainder of THEIR lives -- and it reminds the studios that original ideas aren't always unprofitable.