main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Standalone novels that deserve sequels?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Xalfrea, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    In Star Wars EU, standalone novels tend to be some of the better ones because of their insularity and tight, solo outing that requires a focused story. For book series, especially ones that were decided to have sequels from the get-go, things tend to be mixed.

But among the standalone stories, which ones truly deserve to have a sequel story in on form or another and why?

2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Scourge, because HUTTS! and that Mander Zuma guy was also pretty cool and should have his own Vong War story.

3. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    The Plageuis book should have a prequel, it would be cool to see his early years with Darth Tenebrous.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I wouldn't mind knowing what happened to Eldon Ax after Fatal Alliance.

5. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Prequel that has Tenebrous, his Twi'lek master and Plagueis leading up to the novel, or sequel that has Sidious and Tyranus in the leadup to, during and after Episode II is fine by me.

Another standalone that deserves a sequel IMO is the Death Star novel. Possibly delving into the fallout of the first Death Star among the Empire that could segue through TESB and the beginning of ROTJ.

6. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Ruins of Dantooine. Biggest EU cliffhanger.

Havac and Reaper63 like this.
  7. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I would LOVE a prequel or sequel to Plageuis. I would also enjoy a sequel to Kenobi.

Son of a Bith and Darkslayer like this.
  8. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    If it would include details about why the choose to build it at endor and also had stormies and Imp army soldiers disappearing on the moon occasionally because of well this

I do not own this image

[​IMG]

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  9. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Crosscurrent had Riptide, and now Riptide needs a sequel to wrap up Jaden's story and all this clone infiltrator business.

Beyond that, Knight Errant definitely deserves one. Said it before and i'll say it again, Kerra Holt was the most interesting female protagonist the EU's had in years.

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Not a standalone, but I'd like to know how Boba Fett got Slave I back after the events of the Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy.

11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Crosscurrent and Riptide definitely do more than most other novels currently out.

Edit: Oh, and as anakinfansince1983 said, Fatal Alliance. It left far too many threads hanging that TOR never picked up.

12. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    ^Haven't read those two yet. Decent?

13. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Very decent, in my opinion.

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Death Star. You could call it... Death Star 2.

15. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    [​IMG]

16. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    +1 to Death Star and Fatal Alliance, I enjoyed the characters from both of those. I'm likely to get flamed here, but I think someone should make a Shadow Games prequel or sequel, with no Han Solo in it. I enjoyed that novel but dislike the fact that an interesting character such as Rendar never gets a showing because he is basically Han Solo #2. Give him something.

Reaper63 likes this.
  17. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Shadows of the Empire.

That's my answer too. Unless someone wants to be snide with me and say Return of the Jedi is the sequel to Shadows of the Empire, in which case I'm preempting you but saying well played at the same time.

Minez01 likes this.
  18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Shadows of the Empire got a comic sequel- focussed primarily on Guri rather than Rendar though.

19. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    I'm also going to go ahead and say Fatal Alliance needs a sequel, but could use sequelS. I've always said each character that received any type of focus in that novel was interesting enough to hold his/her own standalone.

I know some don't care for the Jax Pavan and his story, but i've enjoyed the 4 novels he's appeared in, so would have no problem with The Last Jedi getting a sequel.

Apophis_ and Force Smuggler like this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Fatal Alliance was awesome. More stories related to that would be awesome.

Apophis_ and Revanfan1 like this.
  21. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    A follow up toThe Death Star novel would be cool.

22. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Plagueis. Both a prequel of Plagueis' early years and a sequel Tyranus. More of Palpatine and Tyranus and their relationship. The early days of CIS. Etc, etc.

Also for another Plagueis prequel idea, Plagueis told Sidious of a Sith that had turned to the light side hundreds of hundreds of years earlier. I don't remember the name, but I'm definitely interested.

Perhaps they could even do an entire comic series covering the Sith of the Bane lineage. Really, there's a lot Disney/Lucasfilm could do there.

EDIT: It was Darth Gravid!

Darkslayer and Poor Greedo like this.
  23. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Shatterpoint 2: Electric Windu

Dark Lord 2 with a better writer.

The Second Crystal Star: The Return of Waru

The New Rebellion 2: From The Adventures of Cole Fardreamer

DigitalMessiah likes this.
  24. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I think all of those should be the same book.

Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  25. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Shadow Games and Scoundrels. BOTH without Han, Chewie and Lando. I think we have enough "background" characters between Dash and Leebo, plus the others from Scoundrels to do a very decent novel there. Tavia and Bink would rock helping Dash with another assignment.

I also think Juval would have survived Alderaan and perhaps. leaving her star persona behind, taken to heading a Freighter crew with select members of her old traveling team. having learned more from Dash then anyone realized. And the Fact that The Empire would be actively hunting Juval and her troop now.

Minez01 and Force Smuggler like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.