main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [LEGO IS AWESOME] It's like Christmas come early!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by moosemousse, Jun 7, 2008.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    YES I'm buying it.

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    erm you know people make custom Lego minifigs all the time right?

jp-30 likes this.
  4. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Well you're no fun.

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I just finished the story mode of Lego Marvel Superheroes. It's been pretty fun, though I think Lego Batman 2 had a better story/comedy telling with all the characters.

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  7. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    It's sad, but I really really want to see that movie even though it has a good chance of being eye gougingly terrible.

8. Skywalker8921

Skywalker8921 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 9, 2011
    Not particularly impressed with the Star Wars sets slated for '14 so far. The new Jedi Interceptor, General Grievous' Wheel Bike (minus Boga), Tri Fighter, and Vuluture Droids sets are practically the same as their 2005 releases. The mini sets lost their appeal years ago. Not sure yet about the various troopers' packs.

9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    LEGO Rivendell

[​IMG]
    You can enjoy more images on Flickr. Congratulations to Alice and David on a beautiful version of Rivendell!

10. Kyy Jinn

Kyy Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2013
    Is anyone else buying that Lego SWTOR Defender ship set for Christmas? I still want that Strike Fighter set with the Satele minifigure.

11. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I ordered the Back to the Future set for Christmas. The car is awful, but I can fix that.

12. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    My Lego xmas purchases thus far:

The Back to the Future Delorean (Lego Cuusoo)
    The Tower of Orthanc (LOTR)
    The King's Castle (Castle series)
    Pirate Ship Ambush (LOTR)
    Battle of Dol Guldur (Hobbit)
    Homing Spider Droid (SW)
    Battle of Hoth (SW)

Hopefully I'll be able to snag either Jabba's Palace or Jabba's Sail Barge before the big day. As lucky as my kids are gonna be this year, the children of Denmark are luckier. I'm putting their asses through college.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My son got a duplicate set so it gave me an excuse to go to the Lego store. Look what I bought for myself:

[​IMG]

I've been wanting this set for months. :D

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    The parcel tracker on Amazon says my one arrived in the country on Dec 22. It's still to arrive at my house. :(

15. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  16. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I am currently building a massive LOTR/Hobbit Lego collection. I used to collect the Star Wars ones until I stopped a few years ago (except for the odd one here and there), but when I saw they were doing Middle-Earth I instantly caved. It was something I fantasized about as a kid! If you guys would like pics I'd be happy to post :)

17. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Is it possible that's really the first Simpsons doll house out on the market?

18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  19. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Good that Sting has something to do between albums.

Mortimer Snerd and VadersLaMent like this.
  20. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    Same here. I have been lucky enough to get all of the first lot of the Hobbit sets - Bag End (which has got to be my favourite), Warg Attack, Mirkwood Spiders, Barrel Escape and the Goblin King Battle. Sadly, my LOTR collection is not complete, because the big ones are way out of my price range, but I have manged to get hold of a good number of them. I did buy a lot of them recently because we were lucky enough to get some extra money when the January sales were on. I will be taking a break before I get any more, though.

As a big Simpsons fan, I would love to get hold of that set. I just wished that I'd got back into collecting lego sooner because I have missed many of the Star Wars ones.

21. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    The Star Wars ones are pretty easy to find on ebay. I have too many Star Wars ones atm though, so I have stopped buying. That resolution was put to the test when all the AOTC sets came last year lol.

22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I will get that Simpsons set even if I become bankrupt.

Barbecue17 and Boba_Fett_2001 like this.
  23. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    The Simpsons set looks pretty awesome, but I'm trying to stick to my Lego stuff either fitting into my giant haunted town or my Lego Batman city.

I found the new Lego Man-Bat Attack set over the weekend. Not a bad small sized set that comes with three minis. The Batman is reused, but Man-Bat and Nightwing are really spectacular.

I actually reviewed the set last night with plenty of pics.

24. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    That Man-Bat LEGO figure looks like it was tooled so they could use it in the TMNT cartoon sets as Kirby Bat (Kirby O'Neil, April's dad, mutated into a bat) as well.

25. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    It actually shares the torso for the Vampire Bats from the Monster Fighters Vampyre Castle and one of the minifigure sets. I have no doubt they'll use it for the Kirby bat, but since the mold was released in 2012 before the TMNT cartoon series even started I doubt that was the original intention. I don't think it's appeared in Legends of Chima, has it?

I actually hadn't even thought about it being reused for the Kirby Bat though. Are there more TMNT sets coming out?