main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The TRUE LIGHT side aka NOT the Jedi

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Django Fett33, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Django Fett33

Django Fett33 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 19, 2013
    i would like to see a comic or something elaborate on the TRUE light side instead of the BALANCED jedi order. i have always been UTTERLY CONFUSED with the jedi becuase they claim there for the good galaxy but turn out to be emotionless pants.

The sith we know as EVIL and there intentions are obvious unlike the jedi, we still dont know there true intentions (sortof). they claim there GOOD but there balanced idk, im confusing myself explaining this ****.

I know this would piss a lot of people off but i think there should be another side that ACTUALLY is with the LIGHT side instead of the balanced confusing jedi. and this side sometimes allies with the jedi but is a completely different entity and always battles with the sith.

IDK let me get your guy's thoughts on this.

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Fallannasi are a bit "lighter" than the Jedi in some respects- but are extreme pacifists.

The Altisian Jedi are like the normal Jedi order- but with marriage permitted, the training of any age students rather than infants only, and a less repressive attitude to emotions.

3. Django Fett33

Jul 19, 2013

"Fallanasi" and "Altisian" i have never heard of these groups before. where are they referenced from? Which book or comic or whatever were they mentioned from?

Kato Sai likes this.
  4. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
  5. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    When are the Jedi emotionless?

6. Django Fett33

Jul 19, 2013
    lol pretty much all the time. they just dont show there emotions like us regular folk too much.

7. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012

Children of the Jedi is the first book to mention Master Djinn Altis himself- The Clone Wars: No Prisoners, was the main source to suggest his group of Jedi strayed some way from the mainstream.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Altisian_Jedi

The Black Fleet Crisis trilogy introduced the Fallanassi group:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fallanassi

with other sources elaborating on them.

8. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

That properly has more to do with the generally terrible acting in the PT. Obi-Wan is pretty open with his emotions though.

Django Fett33 likes this.
  9. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I see.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Django Fett33

Jul 19, 2013

im going to have to read children of the jedi, just because i have always wanted to read it. thanks for the info on these groups.

11. Django Fett33

Jul 19, 2013

HA! you got me there. i guess they show there emotions in very intense situations which is all the time lol.

12. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Yeah, there isn't anything saying the Jedi have to have no emotion.

Tighter control of their emotions so it doesn't overwhelm them yes. Emotionless? No.

13. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Note that it's set over 7 years after RoTJ- and it's Altis's student Callista, that tells us about him.

A favourite quote attributed to him:

"Every student is obliged to make one-thousand-eighty major mistakes. The sooner you make them, the sooner you will not have to make them anymore."

and when asked for a list:

"Thinking there's a list of mistakes is mistake number four."

14. Django Fett33

Jul 19, 2013

obi wan (ewan mcgregor) was def the best part of the new trilogy

15. Django Fett33

Jul 19, 2013

WOW! GREAT QUOTES!

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    There is no light side; there is just the Force

The Supreme Chancellor and Rew like this.
  17. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    If you want Jedi that show free emotion, pretty much any post-ROTJ book leading to the end of NJO is great. Post-NJO is pretty weird; they still show emotion but the way they show it almost seems Sith-like at times, especially when written by Denning.

18. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I'm actually having difficulty following the initial post:

The premise is that the Jedi are balanced and not true light side, but the complaint is that they don't show emotion. But the basic understanding among fans is that serenity is light and stoic passions dark: thus, one would think that true light siders wouldn't show emotion. But the knock against the Jedi is that they don't show emotion, while yearning for "true light side aka not the jedi."

I chose to dispute the initial premise that the Jedi don't show emotion, as I think this is a common misrepresentation that the Jedi are emotionless robots, but if we take it for granted then what exactly is the correlation between the Jedi not showing emotion and not being true light side? One would think that the "balanced jedi order" would be more prone to showing emotion than a "true light side" one.

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    "The last mistake is thinking you could escape the Emperors will!"

20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    There is no kitchen. There is just the house.

Skywalker_T-65 and Django Fett33 like this.
  21. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    So, is this Feng Shui? Is the house out of balance if the kitchen isn't in the right spot or something? Or is it the appliances in the kitchen? Or is it a house in which the kitchen is so small you can't fully open the oven without hitting the center island?

I'm guessing the dark side is the bathroom, so I can see how that can get way too big.

Jedi Merkurian and Gamiel like this.
  22. Darth Mird'ika

Darth Mird'ika Jedi Padawan

Sep 11, 2013
    They're going there in their car.

23. twowolves

twowolves Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2013
    I prefer the Jensaari, myself. They take the best of both the Jedi and the Sith, but warn their students not to give in to one or the other. They are truly balanced. Or, they at least try. And what was that Force using group that believed there was no light or dark side, there was just the Force? I thought there was another one besides the Jensaari. Personally, I never understood the whole, no emotions are good thing about the Jedi. Is love not a worthy emotion? Yes, Sith might feel love, too, and destroy whole worlds out of love for someone or something, so I can see where that could be objectionable to the Jedi.

More importantly, however, the Jedi are in some ways no better than the Sith. Whereas the Sith represent the dark side to the exclusion of all light, the Jedi represent the light to the exclusion of all darkness, and neither can exist without the other. This is best epitomized in the yin-yang symbol, where the white has a dot of black, and the black has a dot of white. If all was light, it would be evil, because then no one would be able to express individuality, and the same goes if all was dark: there would be no one to express individuality. There must be a balance, which is why Anakin and Luke came along. There cannot be a "light" side without a "dark" side to contrast it with; otherwise, how would we know it was light?

Django Fett33 likes this.
  24. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Where do the Jedi disapprove of love?

25. twowolves

twowolves Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2013
    How many times was Anakin warned about his strong attachment to his mother? How many disapproving looks did Obi-Wan give Anakin? How did Palpatine worm his way in? I'll answer the last one. By playing on the fears of Anakin concerning the love of his life.

I guess it's more and inference, as the Jedi warn pupils about "strong emotions." Still...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.