main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your oldest Star Wars Memory

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by WhiskeyGold, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandtrooper92

Sandtrooper92 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2013
    My brother, who was ten in 1977, talked my mom into standing in line for an hour with us in Dallas to see Star Wars. I was 7. I lost my brother in October. That is one of the earliest permanent memories of my brother and is my earliest memory of Star Wars, and it is a fond one.

I have a small scifi display that was my brother's in my living room. It is mostly books and movies.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

2. crescenstar

crescenstar Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2013
    i have so many memories i really dont recall which came first...

1- sitting in my aunt's legs watching ESB
    2- Playing Shadows of the empire in N64
    3- always loved to see the toys in stores
    4- when mom bought me my millenium falcon T.T

---edit----

5- i was very confused with caravan of courage! but i remember i watched it a zillion times!

3. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Can't remember how old I was, but my first was watching the ESB VHS when Luke enters through that lighted tunnel while dueling Vader.

Frank T. and Ananta Chetan like this.
  4. Jade Estrada

Jade Estrada Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2013
    My OLDEST star wars memory? Seeing it for the first time in the theatre. My parents never took us kids to the movies, so when we went for this film, it was just so great.
    But my GREATEST Star Wars memory has definitely got to be seeing Han Solo in the flesh! I attended an award presentation at Cinequest Film Festival in the bay area and he was awarded and interviewed. I was just speechless and in awe. And he was still Solo, quiet and contemplative and with a witty kickass humor.
    So great....It's on video! Check it out

5. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    My oldest memory would have to be going to my cousins house just after watching ESB and seeing all of his vintage figures ( they weren't called 'vintage figures' back then lol) and him not even letting me touch them...it was like torture to my little kid brain. I went home and had a wee cry to my Mum because I had no figures of my own and the very next day she handed me Bespin Luke....I was over the moon and immediately ripped him off his backing card.

Now I have a little cry everytime I look at him out of his packaging haha oh how times change.

Seagoat likes this.
  6. Yondo Kuromu

Yondo Kuromu Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 18, 2013
    The foot of the Imperial Walker in the cinema.

7. Master Corran Horn

Master Corran Horn Jedi Master star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    I saw RotJ first when I was like 9...in 1992

8. Vaapad Master Daeg Tynan

Vaapad Master Daeg Tynan Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013
    Had my dad and his buddie take me to ESB in the theatre in 1980... I remember seeing the Wampa and thinking, holy smokes I hope they don't have those in Oklahoma!!! I was 7.

9. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    My cousin was angry in 1983 that he was given a Ree-Yees figure for his birthday and he didn't like SW (I know...there are people like that out there lol) so he went out into the backyard and before my very eyes burnt it! I was mortified, it wasn't until the PT came out that I fully forgave him for that childhood nightmare

10. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    My earliest memory is probably when Luke was riding a tauntaun on Hoth. I didn't become a Star Wars fan until I was quite old. So it also could have been the assassination seen in AotC

11. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    I really had no interest in SW until TPM came out and my mom decided to take my brother and I to see it a month or so after it came out. I was 13, I think, and have been an avid SW fan ever since. I distinctly remember thinking how badass Darth Maul was when he was taking on Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan at the same time.

I almost always root for the good guys, but a part of me was sad when Maul died because I knew he wouldn't be in the next movie.

12. Vaapad Master Daeg Tynan

Vaapad Master Daeg Tynan Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013
    What a great first memory... I also went to TPM in the theatres and after seeing the original ESB and ROTJ in the movies, the lightsaber fight at the climax of the movie blew my mind away... chills just thinking about it...

Force Smuggler likes this.
  13. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    It was a year or two before the special editions were released, I don't remember my exact age, but I was under 10.. I went over to a friends house and he was watching Empire Strikes Back. It was on the wampa scene. I wasn't all that interested in it at the time, so I didn't watch it. My next memory after that was watching the commercial for the special edition releases and being more excited to see them than I have for any more before or since. From that point on I have been more or less obsessed before I even actually saw ANH. I was so oblivious of Star Wars at the time it might as well have been 1977, 1980, and 1983. Going into watching RotJ I was hoping Vader wasn't Luke's father, and I had no idea Leia was the other.

wait...

Now that I think about it I think my first Star Wars memory wasn't the movies, but either Ewoks or Battle of Endor. At the time I absolutely loved it, haven't watched either since. This memory was a vague memory by the time the special editions were released, so I was probably 4 or 5 at the oldest when I saw it.

14. Jeff McKissock

Jeff McKissock Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 11, 2012
    My first memory of Star Wars was watching the Muppet Babies do their version of of A New Hope. What really got me hooked was seeing the commercial for the OT on VHS in 1995 there was something about it that was calling to me and I am glad I answered :)

Frank T. likes this.
  15. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    One of the earliest memories I have in relation to Star Wars is my brother crafting lightsabers for he and I. At the time we couldn't get the retractable toy lightsabers that were made, and so my brother used whatever we had lying around. He proceeded to cut two pipes of equal length to serve as handles, and then he used long pieces of foam to act as the ignited lightsaber blades. The foams looked something like foam backer rods, only they were wider, of varying colors, and had holes in the center that would fit over the pipe handles.

We'd then use gemstones, cardboard n' other accessories to fashion the designs of the handles, and the activation switches for the lightsaber blades. From there...we'd duel...haha.

16. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    My earliest memory was from the late 80s (would have been around 7-8yrs old). All I remember was seeing 'a Star Wars film' on TV with the only memory being that some guy got pulled up by a rope before he was eaten.

Jump forward half a decade later in the early 90s and a friend offers to watch Star Wars with me. I explained the scene I could remember above and he said 'that's ROTJ - we'll watch the first 2 films first'. :)

(it turned out the scene I could remember was, of course, where Lando is pulled to safety by Han and Chewie from the Sarlaac)

17. LunarVortex

LunarVortex Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2013
    My first episode of Star Wars was TPM. The earliest memory that I could recall was Darth Maul drawing his lightsaber, which is so cool. I was in awe with his awesomeness. His dual-blade lightsaber :cool:

18. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    My earliest memory is probably from age five or six, watching a VHS copy of "A New Hope" my cousin Jared had recorded off network TV. I didn't find out the film was originally released without an Episode title until many years later.

19. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    My earliest Star Wars memory is when I was probably 5 or 6 (It was definitely before Attack of the Clones came out when I was 7) Is watching The Empire Strikes Back, and being absolutely terrified of the AT-ATs, Dagobah, and Han's carbonite freezing. Suffice to say, I wouldn't watch TESB again until many years later. :p

Force Smuggler likes this.
  20. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Being scared to death the Mark Hamill was being fried alive before my eyes.

21. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I watched ESB on VHS and knew nothing about SW. So I had no idea ANH and RotJ existed. I saw the end and wondered "That's the end?! Have they made the sequel?" That was in 1990. :p

22. Gibnerd

Gibnerd Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 1999
    My sister, who is four years older than I am, went to a birthday party where she got a R2-D2 figure as a door prize. Upon her arrival home she gave the figure to me as she didn't care about this goofy robot from that movie. Me, being about three years old, began to carry this shiny astro droid with me everywhere. He had to pulled out of my hand in order for me to eat. Eventually, my mom talked to other mothers and asked if this Star Wars movie would be okay for this little three year old. According to her, when we finally saw Star Wars for the first time, I just stared at the screen. My mom asked me if I had to go potty...I didn't reply. I gazed lovingly at the glory of seeing Star Wars for the first time. almost 35 years later and the story of Star Wars continues to be nothing but amazing to me.

23. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Gibnerd: That's a nice story. Thank you for sharing. I am glad SW as had a lasting postive effect upon you. :)

24. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Sadly it's kind of a bad one. Accidentally breaking the head off of my vintage Darth Vader figure. My older brother gave me all of his old toys when I was a kid.

25. Maul95

Maul95 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 6, 2013
    I remember when I was 5 my father borrowed the TPM VHS and I was jaw-dropped seeing Obi Wan and Qui Gon fighting the battle droids on the Trade Federation ship. Truly amazing memories, and that was just the beginning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.